ATS News Political Desk: Upcoming ATS Regent Candidate Interviews

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 02:33 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 02:37 AM
link   
Well, my party has been removed from the race from TPTB ! sorry to all my freedom loving fans ! their is no more Resistance

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 04:47 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 06:48 AM
link   
REALSPOKE2012

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 07:04 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Is any party going to have two or more contestants? Great thread though, I like the interviews. We have some awesome candidates for every party.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Upon the convergence of the gallactic and interdimensional planes that will happen after my election, it will become apparent that we, as members, are all regents. It is our right and our responsibility to not only abide by the T&C set forth by ATS but to bring it to the attention of others until the said convergence happens enabling all to see it clearly and effectively. This convergence won't result in the lack of debate and discussion but will enhance it.

Members will no longer mistake conversations for arguments and bickering and will see all sides to every issue as they are presented instead of closing their minds to any thought other than their own. We will be all-comprehensive, but not all-knowing as individuals and that is the key. It will enable us to discuss all angles, but with an open mind that can reason through the concept introduced by another party, ask questions, clarify, reason and accept that reality is in the eye of the beholder.

We will each be able to hold on to our own concepts, yet accept that others have the same right. Our disagreement with the relativity of the truth of another will not cause a destruction of our own reality but will enrich it. There will not be a change in the reality that exists but in the approach to that reality.

With the inner peace and understanding that will come through the convergence and the intelligence infusion for all members, we will be able to discuss reasonably and logically without the extreme emotion that leads to strife and conflict. We will be able to respectfully disagree in the truest sense without just claiming we are but going on to show we actually are not.

.....presentation is everything and remember, location, location, location!

*this message brought to you by Bayer Aspirin, take it with a grain of salt or use new low-sodium NuSalt available now at a retailer near you*
*We now return you to your irregularly unscheduled programming*

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   
My next Candidate for Regent interview, one long awaited by this parties supporters, is with longstanding member and collaborative writer nenothtu. So without further ado, as he needs little introduction, I give you the following interview.

I would like to take the time to thank you for agreeing to this interview with ATS News concerning your recent admission into the Political arena with your candidacy for ATS Regent. I just have a few questions if you do not mind.

Thank you for the opportunity to do so! I don't mind at all, and in fact my mother has ALWAYS manitained the I have trouble minding what she says!

How do you see your admitted stubborn and cantankerous ideas to be a benefit to the peoples of the ATS virtual world?

I'm more or less a human guard dog. Like a guard dog, I have loyalty, determination, and perseverance. I never give up, and never back down, and when that is applied to the office of ATS Regent, on behalf of the membership, the membership cannot help but benefit therefrom. "Stubborn" and "cantankerous" are often viewed as negative qualities, but they are just what people need in an advocate. When it's right on the line, people need to ask what they would prefer as a defender - a pit bull, or a fluffy duckling.

Would a person such as yourself (stubborn and cantankerous) be able to fulfill the needs of the people as their advocate?

Without a doubt. When I go to bat for someone, the opposition never fails to show the marks from it. When I bite, I don't let go until I'M happy with the outcome. Applying that in advocacy of The People will not fail to be to their benefit.

How do you see the role and responsibilities of ATS Regent with yourself in the seat?

I get to wear a cool hat (I'm still leaning towards a tinfoil crown) and growl a lot to remind one and all that the People have their advocate on the job, ready to pounce in an instant.

how do you veiw the mudslinging that has already begun so early in the race?

That's what showers are for. It isn't the first time I've encountered mudslinging, and certainly won't be the last. I make a habit of embracing the mud, and turning it to my advantage. It only makes me stronger, and if you're not afraid to get a little dirt on you, mountains can be moved.

How would you address the peoples complaints concerning the banning of people and the subsequent refusal of the ATS one world government to discuss such bannings?

I'd have to check into the specifics of cases, but in general, ATS bans are handled privately, behind closed doors, for the benefit of both the management AND the banned member. After checking into the specifics, I'd have to find the way through the maze that could potentially result in a lifting of the ban.

It wouldn't be the first time I've run that particular course. Sometimes accomodations can be made and the ban lifted, and in other cases it's the member himself who refuses to have it lifted. In this case, since I've not yet checked into the specifics, I can't say what could be done at this point, if anything. It depends on how or if an agreement could be reached satisfactory to all the directly concerned parties. In either event, it's not a matter for public airing, and in fact public airings can lead to negative consequences.

Neither ATS nor people are under any obligation, as private entities, to discuss their private matters in a public setting.

Are there any changes you would like to see made?

I'd like the capablility to "unstar" posts that I starred too hastily, in the same way that we can now "unflag" threads flagged in haste. Otherwise, I'm pretty happy with the setup. I've gotten used to it preferentially over any place else on the internet, and that's why ATS is my electronic home.

As an early front runner in the race do you see yourself as someone who would easily allow ego to get in the way of rational judgement and proper campaigning?

A frontrunner? ME? Imagine that! I don't know how that happened, but I'm the same old disagreeable cuss I was this time yesterday, and will be this time tomorrow. My judgment, whether one considers it to be rational or not - and some already don't - won't change at all. My ego won't get any more in the way than it already does. If you can't laugh at yourself and your own foibles, how can you see anyone else objectively?

That is all for now,

Thank you for taking time to speak with ATS News

thank you for providing the opportunity and the venue for me to address these questions.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by jplaysguitar
this is awsome i love the professional take on it OB
lyou should interview beezer about hosting the platform\anouncments thread..
I love it nice break from hum-drum yada yada

In response to the citizens cry for an interview from the ATS News Political analysts of Beezer, I did shoot off a request for a personal interview. He declined a direct interview instead making a few off the cuff remarks concerning his stance on the race for Regent of ATS.

In an unequivocal statement he stated a completely neutral and unbiased position on the upcoming race. He believes only in democratic electoral processes and finds this to be a good exercise for the citizens of ATS Virtual World.

He also believes the military wing of the ATS One World Government should abide in neutral manner in keeping with an unbiased approach to the race. They agree to work with any choice of the citizens of ATS Virtual World.

Beezer did refer us to this thread for accurate background information concerning the conception of the position for ATS Regent.

He also extends his thanks to the Super Moderator Intrepid, one of the leader in the ATS One World Government, for his help in getting the ball rolling for this election!

ATS Political Correspondent, O.B. Waters, joins Beezer in extending our thanks to the leaders of the ATS One World Government, and in specific Leader Intrepid, for his helping hand with this election, and I am certain all the good citizens will stand with me with a special thank you to our leaders.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by OpinionatedB

First off let me thank you for taking this time out of your busy schedule to do this exclusive one on one interview with ATS political correspondent, O.B. Waters.

You are most welcome.

I see that you have declared your self as running on a do nothing campaign slogan. How would you address those who believe the people should have advocacy between themselves and the ATS One World Government?

My Platform is more complex than a "do nothing campaign". It is in fact based on the very serious idea that the constant quest for change and to change others IS a huge part of the problem. War, violence, lies, deceit and all manner of badness come on the heels of the quest for change. You see when we say we want change, we mean we want to change others to think our way or act the way we wish them to.

Here we have the best Board on the Internet due to the wisdom behind the rules we agree to follow. If the world were more like ATS, it would be a far better place. Trying to change things would be a leap into the fire from the frying pan. It would create division and bad blood and serve no noble purpose.

Are you taking this campaign seriously? How do you think you will fair in the upcoming debates should you be invited to participate?

Yes I am (see the above statement). How I would do in a debate would be up to the opinion of the reader / voter. All I could do is state my case as I see it.

When can we expect to see your campaign headquarters where the people can ask you questions concerning your stance on the issues?

I'll try and get a thread up by tomorrow as my regular work allows. I became aware of this only a few hours ago.

Do you believe you have any chance at all at winning the race for ATS Regent, against serious contenders for the title such as Druid42, gimme_some_truth, and nenothtu?

I'm not sure what you mean exactly by "serious". Perhaps you assumed my platform of not changing anything at ATS as not being "serious"?

You seem to have already picked out those you consider "serious".

Once again, the citizens of ATS Virtual World, and ATS News thank you for your time...

You are most welcome and thanks for your time O.B. Waters.

Post script:
I was asked to add a few lines describing myself since I messed up the thread format. My Bad.

I'm Blaine91555 or Blaine if you prefer.
-Long term member.
-Willing to change my views when presented with a good argument.
-Strong interest in the UFO topic and a believer even though I'm often thought a Skeptic.
-Emotional debater in political topics, often right, sometimes wrong and admittedly an expert on very little.
-Strong supporter of ATS as it has been created by our willing hosts, the Three Amigo's (do they still use that?).
-Hater of violence and lover of compromise and debate.

I hope that suffices to fix my error somewhat and thank you again to our interviewer.
edit on 6/19/2012 by Blaine91555 because: Asked to add a few line as I messed up the format. Sorry about that.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   
My Next interview was with IpsissimusMagus, a highly criticized and very new member of this forum with ATS citizen points in the negative. This man has had many fines for violating the laws of the ATS Virtual World, and is now running a negative campaign strategy, only attacking other members without any apparent stance on the issues. In recent interview he was asked the tough questions the citizens of ATS Virtual World want to know.

First, I would like to thank you for taking the time out of your busy campaign schedule in order to speak with ATS News concerning your recent admission into the ATS Regent Political Campaign.

Thank you as well for your interest in "The Smear Campaign Party" and our stance on the issues.

It has been said, time and again, that your attempts to sling mud at other parties is unethical. How do you address such accusations?

I will deny it. I never had "mud slinging" with that woman. Please define "mud slinging".

Therefore I defined ‘mudslinging’ for the candidate who appears ignorant of said term using this Wiki Link and asked the candidate if he would like to address the question differently with a proper understanding of the term. His response was:

Thank you for the definition. But my comment was just a parody of the Bill Clinton / Lewinsky scenario.

Do you have any set stance outside of winning at any cost?

Actually I am very cheap and I prefer to keep my costs down to the bare minimum.

How do you view the position of ATS Regent with yourself in the seat?

Seeing that I have gained some weight recently. I think the seat might collapse unless it is properly reinforced.

What do you think you can contribute to the ATS Virtual world as Regent?

The same as any other nominee. Except I might have a better sense of humor than some.

Once again, I thank you for your time in answering these questions for the enlightenment of the citizens of ATS

ATS News Political Correspondent
O.B. Waters

You're quite welcome

And that’s it folks, the interview you have all been waiting for, with still no further information on this candidates stance on the important issues!

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

You obviously do not have any understanding of my thread.

Therefore I feel it necessary to reiterate my thread as being one where I, O.B. Waters, reports the news.

I thank everyone for their good participation in my thread and in the interview processes. I do hope everyone still feels I am a fair minded and balanced journalist with an eye for truth.
edit on 19-6-2012 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by OpinionatedB

You obviously do not have any understanding of my thread.

Therefore I feel it necessary to reiterate my thread as being one where I, O.B. Waters, reports the news.

I thank everyone for their good participation in my thread and in the interview processes. I do hope everyone still feels I am a fair minded and balanced journalist with an eye for truth.
edit on 19-6-2012 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

I do seem to have changed the format. But then I did answer all questions asked and the readers get them unabridged. Keep up the good work.

Available for interviews as work and the Wife allow. Remember, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   

I have never once changed the wording of the answers to my questions, there is no abridging done on my watch, I believe in fair and accurate reporting, all the time.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   
TheCelestialHuman, a new citizen of ATS Virtual World immigrated to our world in February of this year. He appears to be one who tries to make every post count and is now a candidate in the political arena running in the race for ATS Regent. In response to the following questions posited:

“1)First allow me to thank you for taking the time to speak with ATS News concerning your admission into the race for Regent of ATS Virtual World.

2)You have yet to announce any party platform or address any issues with the people concerning your stances or your views for ATS with yourself in the seat. Is this a position you are taking seriously?

3)How do you think you will fare against such personages as Druid42, gimme_some_truth, and nenothtu?

4)Are you considering revising your current campaign strategy, which I have yet to decipher, to one where you start getting the word out?”

He gave a simple introduction and brief answer as stated below:

I have yet to release my platform due to time constraints. I'm going to be rather busy for the next week. My intentions are to hopefully get my message out tomorrow at least to some extent. I'm not too concerned with how i currently stand compared to the other candidates, the race has only just begun.
To give a very brief overview of my platform:
The idea is that of Meritocracy. It is a society entirely based on merit. Here is a quick list of the basic principles of Meritocracy:
1) It's not who your parents are, it's who you are.
2) It's not what others can do for you, it's what you can do.
3) Sex, race, religion, age, background are irrelevant. Talent is everything.
4) You start from the same point as everyone else, and you go as far as your talents take you.
5) The highest rewards for the highest achievers.
6) 100% inheritance tax. This is to eliminate cronyism and nepotism, ensuring that everyone starts life at the same point, and go as far as their talents take them.

Thanks for the interview.

And we at ATS News thank him for taking the time out of his busy day in effort to respond to our questions, however briefly.

ATS News Political Correspondent,
O.B. Waters

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by OpinionatedB

I have now provided an overview of my platform. I encourage everyone to check it out:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Time for an advertising break:

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   
And since I'm spending advertising dollars, here's another:

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Very Nice Posters !!!!!

Druid,Blaine,RealSpoke !!!

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   
And during another break:

This is number three of a series of five paid advertisements reflecting my party's platform.
edit on 6/20/12 by Druid42 because: forget the is

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join