It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1990 Vanity Fair article says Obama grew up in Singapore

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   

1990 Vanity Fair article says Obama grew up in Singapore

www.vanityfair.com

Obama has a game plan: he wants to tackle the quagmire of America’s inner cities. Federal money alone won’t do it, he argues. The deeper problem is that “those communities are unorganized. We need to get more people planning.” For preparation, Harvard Law School is a “perfect place to examine how the power structure works. It gives you a certain language.” When he’s fluent, he’ll be able to translate the language of the streets (“which I can speak”) into the language of the Establishment, and vice versa. The sense of mission derives in part from his experiences in the Third
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Gosh this story is getting old, why can't they just get the darn story straight. We have different sources saying he grew up in Indonesia and now here.

Geez, this either the most misreported fella I know, or something just isn't right. It definitely is fishy that's for sure, but our best resource is to vote him out because it's to little to late.

www.vanityfair.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Daedal

Fishy? Yes, To me it seems like misdirection tactics. Multiple sources saying multiple things causes the common reader to disregard the topic altogether and poof its not an issue any longer. Then it falls to the crazy, tinfoil hat wearing, conspiracy theorists to hash back and forth and looses even more credibility. Then History lets it fall between the cracks of time. Yep, see it all the time.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   
After Singapore is mentioned in the article there's an editors note that says it should have been Indonesia, which would be correct as Obama did spend time in Indonesia as a child with his mother and step-father. He was still born in the US so it's really a moot point.

However this little bit:

The New York Times ran a “First Black” headline, which probably won’t be the last time that label is affixed to Barack Obama.

Kind of eerie, huh? Especially given that this article was written 18 years before he was elected.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Daedal

Daedel, the reason there are so many conflicting stories is because it's just another divide and conquer technique. Keep the sheep distracted with invented issues like "Where was Barack Obama born?" while they engage their agenda behind the scenes.

Fact: Obama was put in place by TPTB for a reason. And whoever ends up in office next will also be for a specific purpose. It is all hand-picked and pre-ordained.

I don't trust any of these puppets who are placed in power while the real movers and shakers operate in secret.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   
The story says he grew up in Indonesia. No on disputes that.

It DOES continue to disprove them Right's claims that he never actually went to Harvard.

Funny how that meme got abandoned.

This is a distraction for rubes.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   
The media makes mistakes so that is a reason to vote him out? At least name a good reason.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

I don't see a good reason to keep him IN office. (And "Well, because he's not Mitt Romney" is not a good reason.)

I personally cannot endorse any of these handpicked puppets. It doesn't matter if we do anyway. The will of the people is trumped by the will of TPTB.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   
I think its great that the president shares so many different backgrounds. What a president for the world.

Vote obama.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   
The article also printed a correction within the original story, it reads:

Editor’s note: We should have said Indonesia.

He lived there from 1967 to 1971 (from the ages of 6 to 10).

So to the OP, the article clearly does not say Obama grew up in Singapore.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   
I'm at the point now where I believe that Obama is Rosemary's baby. I'm gathering the evidence now. Post soon to follow.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by 11235813213455
I'm at the point now where I believe that Obama is Rosemary's baby. I'm gathering the evidence now. Post soon to follow.

Evidence? Dude, no one waits for Evidence anymore. Just run with your theory and pretend it's all true. Thats what Glen Beck and Alex Jones do. And they seem to be paying the bills.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 02:45 AM
link   
And while everyone is so absorbed in whether Obama is eligible for presidency the government can carry on their evil plans in peace....That is what he was placed in this position for.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 02:11 AM
link   
I thought that his biography which lists his birthplace as Kenya would've nailed it for most people. But I heard that one of Obama's spokepeople said that the information in the book was wrong so I guess we should take his word for it.

top topics

join