It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New and needing some help

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Hi! I've been a fan of this site for quite some time now, and have decided to make an account. First of all, I have no idea how to get my avatar going as it only leads me to watch a video. I've searched, but have found most of the tutorials are out of date, and the ATS media isn't the same anymore. I've uploaded it, and have gotten to the point where it tells me "YOUR AVATAR MUST NOW BE HOSTED THROUGH YOUR PHOTO ALBUM ON OUR MEDIA PORTAL.

Click here to access your photo album page, or here to learn more."

Clicking their only leads me to watch a video that I don't want to watch, help would be appreciated!
=)

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by WelcomeToMyMachine

Hi and welcome to the Family, Don't fret we'll get it working for you lol. At the top of your page there is a navigation bar. Click the "Tools" button. When the page changes directly under the same tools button will be an ATSuploads button click that. The upload button will show on the next page in the left top corner. click it and upload your image.

When it is uploaded it will show on that page. Click the image you just uploaded and it will change pages to one set for that image. Under the image it will have options. Click the Avatar option. This will change the page again. and you will be at your tools page again. you will notice the Avatar section is highlighted in dark grey. Click the submit button in that section and POOF your done.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Oh goodness, do I feel dumb lol.Thank you so much!!

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   

No problem at all and again welcome to ATS.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   
I just tried it. You still get the vid.

Welcome new member. I'm mobile, so I can't see your name right now.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   
so what brings you to our neck-a-dawoods?
oh and welcome to our little corner of the internet .

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   

If you need help, Agarta is good at this sort of thing. They helped me with my avatar.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Welcome WelcomeToMyMachine

Be sure to try out Ask ATS with any "search words" of your choice, you will find numerous threads to choose from to add your thoughts to. Once you have achieved the minimum of 20 post replies, you will be able to create your own threads in their appropriate areas & additionally send & receive messages to fellow ATS members.

Here are some handy links to get you oriented into now becoming a valued member of ATS.

Reaffirming ATS Policies ( Please Read First )
Terms & Conditions Of Use (Please read second)
Visit here next - ATS Freshmans Forum
Index of Important ATS Related Threads
Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First
Hey New Members!! Come here if you need advice
Easy Way to Upload Your Pics & Avatar Graphics

*** Please have fun, ATS at times is like a rollercoaster ride! But be aware if you act in an uncivil-like manner, use profanity, troll, intentionally spread a hoax and/or get verbally abusive, you will be removed off the ride by a Moderator. This is for your safety, & also for those both young and old on the ride with you.

So buckle up, keep your arms within the ride's comfort zone, have fun and "Deny Ignorance"...!

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Welcome to ats, its a great place and welcoming to the new people. Enjoy

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Thank you so much everyone for your warm welcome. I truly appreciate it!

new topics

top topics

join