It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Edwards - If you vote for Bush you have lost your mind!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 01:27 PM
link   
ME - If you vote for Kerry (a man with a senate voting record more liberal then Ted Kennedy) and Edwards (a trial lawyer) you are out of your mind.

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 01:31 PM
link   

ME - If you vote for Kerry (a man with a senate voting record more liberal then Ted Kennedy) and Edwards (a trial lawyer) you are out of your mind.

And I have no problem with that ... nor do I have a problem with people on the board saying that about those voting for Bush. But when you are running for office and you insult the people that you want to be working for, I have a REAL problem with it!

Jemison

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Yeah, let's blame Clinton for something that happened during Bush's term. We blame him for the poor economy, the terrorist attacks, the N. Korea situation, blah blah blah blah blah. Because Republicans continue to believe all this drivel is why Edwards called you out. As for whatever you are trying to blame on Kerry, BUSH IS THE PRESIDENT. IF HE SEES A PROBLEM WITH NATIONAL SECURITY, HE CAN ACT ON IT. Stop trying to lay the blame on everyone but Bush.

We haven't caught Bin Laden, we haven't come close to catching him, and we lessened the search by switching our attention to harmless Iraq who posed NO THREAT TO US.

And if you are talking about the vote to authorize the president to go to war, stop listening to your Republican talking heads and read up on the situation. Kerry (as well as Edwards I believe) voted in favor of this because they, like most Americans, believed the president. They believed he truly would try all options before resorting to war; they thought he would go to the U.N. and develop a clear-cut case on Iraq, not go their just for show and then ignore them and basically go it alone. How hard is that to understand? Do you think Kerry, Edwards, or hell, anyone for that matter, would give Bush that same authority now after seeing how he abused it?

America is BY FAR worse off now than it was four years ago. And it's not just because of 9/11, it's because of our inept president and his administration. Admittedly, he was dealt a tough hand, and failed miserably to live up to the challenge. MISERABLY. I don't want another four years of this. Do you?

If you say yes, you are just what Edwards said.

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 01:57 PM
link   
So, I assume all of you want a Jane Fonda sympathizer for President????
If Kerry is elected he'll run from the terrorists with his tail between his legs!
Bush won't back down to them and thats why they haven't attacked us again

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by MagicaRose
So, I assume all of you want a Jane Fonda sympathizer for President????
If Kerry is elected he'll run from the terrorists with his tail between his legs!
Bush won't back down to them and thats why they haven't attacked us again

I wish I could formulate my opinions from such naive sources you must consult on a regular basis...

All I hear in your response is popular pro-Bush PR...

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 02:09 PM
link   
They attacked us while he was in office..............

There hasn't been a terrorist attack on America that severe on ANY PRESIDENT'S WATCH IN THE ENTIRE HISTORY OF THE USA, yet Bush is some savior now because it only happened only once during his term? lol

Bush has had four years to contribute something -- ANYTHING -- positive to this country, and he has failed. I don't want to watch another four years wasted under Bush.

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Clinton rode the Internet boom and the economy was great and he and his friends made some cash along with the Republicans so don't point fingers, and then the economy imploded on 9/11. It is not an excuse, it is the truth. For us to have gotten back to where we are a short few years later is good. Sorry, but I don't read the statistics in the paper, i look at the streets. I still see the same amount of homeless, I see the same amount of my frineds also still having their jobs. Our ecomnomy is not Bush's fault, it is the fault of large companies such as Wal-mart who have taken away the American dream of owning your own business. We have become drones to the INdustrial nation called America. We as a country are more concerned about American Idol or the score of MOnday night football.

Now, if Edwards is 'calling people out', I would be glad to meet his ambulance chasing ass any day off the week and explain to him that just because I feel I will not vote for Kerry this year I have not lost my mind, and gentley explain to him how I feel. I just might do a Cheney on him and tell him to "Go f himslef"

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Nod, it's everyone but Bush's fault.

Yep, that's it.

It's Clinton's fault, it's the Democrats' fault, it's the gays' fault, it's the judges' fault, it's the French's fault, it's the Russian's fault, it's the UN's fault, and yes, now it's even Wal-Mart's fault........................................

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Clinton was not the 2nd coming, and I'm nauseated with this cult that worships him. He had 8 years to do something about bin Laden and did nothing.

As for "Please. If not mindless, what would you prefer Edwards call people like yourself?".... how 'bout if he doesn't call us anything? Maybe these jagoffs should just continue to shoot at each other and not call the voters names at all. It's like calling customers names... bad for business. My mom has worked for the court system for almost 40 years and neither of us has ever met a personal injury lawyer that wasn't a scavenger. All of these people have serious issues, and frankly I'd prefer not to have either, but we will so maybe they should stick to trying to win over voters instead of being so quick at the mouth.

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Like Clinton or not, our country was better of when he was president.

And you can't change the minds of the mindless. There is nothing Kerry/Edwards could say that could sway voters if the last four years haven't changed their minds already.

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Now, if Edwards is 'calling people out', I would be glad to meet his ambulance chasing any day off the week and explain to him that just because I feel I will not vote for Kerry this year I have not lost my mind, and gentley explain to him how I feel. I just might do a Cheney on him and tell him to "Go f himslef"

Thanks for the reminder about that Cheney-ism. In my opinion I'd rather have a vice president who makes a G-rated comment to viewers on NBC during a campaign interview rather than a VP who makes an R-rated comment to a colleague on C-SPAN shortly after a political proceeding (during the course of his normal duties as VP).

Wow that sentence was long.
MK

[edit on 5-10-2004 by MKULTRA]

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by EnronOutrunHomerun

I wish I could formulate my opinions from such naive sources you must consult on a regular basis...

All I hear in your response is popular pro-Bush PR...

EOH, there are better ways to put your point across than sounding like an overly condescending 'intellectual'.

Nobody thinks that you are more intelligent for tactlessly pointing out someone elses ignorance (granted, it was most ignorant). All you accomplish by this is damage to your credibility, and loss of respect.

I agree that John Edwards comment was out of line, but I don't see much point in debating it. It will reflect on his image... least of all.

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 02:39 PM
link   

I agree that John Edwards comment was out of line, but I don't see much point in debating it. It will reflect on his image... least of all.

I agree, there is no great point in debating it now. We'll have plenty to discuss by the time the VP debate is over tonight.

Besides, I still haven't been able to find a transcript of Edwards' entire appearance-- there seems to be a context missing here.

MK

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rain King
EOH, there are better ways to put your point across than sounding like an overly condescending 'intellectual'.

Nobody thinks that you are more intelligent for tactlessly pointing out someone elses ignorance (granted, it was most ignorant). All you accomplish by this is damage to your credibility, and loss of respect.

My post wasn't meant to be insulting nor to make me come off as some intellectual asshole...

Against my better judgement, I'll explain myself...I was merely pointing out the fact that based upon that member's comments one can see that they clearly hold some false hope in clinging on to their illusion of an honest media and presidential agenda...

If I've somehow miraculously damaged my credibility and lost your and/or their respect, then so be it...I agree to disagree...

[edit on 10/5/2004 by EnronOutrunHomerun]

[edit on 10/5/2004 by EnronOutrunHomerun]

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Nod, it's everyone but Bush's fault.
Yep, that's it.

It's Clinton's fault, it's the Democrats' fault, it's the gays' fault, it's the judges' fault, it's the French's fault, it's the Russian's fault, it's the UN's fault, and yes, now it's even Wal-Mart's fault........................................

Now you're talking! Glad we finally agree on something!!!

Jemison

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I don't think I once stated that nothing was Bush fault, nor that I blamed everything on Clinton. Clintons presidency was very profitable and it was a great wave of prosperity. If a 9/11 type event happened in 1997 i am sure that the rest of Clintons presidency would have been ALOT different.

Again, however, I am laying no blame nor defending anyone. I would vote for Clinton over Bush, but there is no way I would vote for Kerry. I just don;t like his record. So this is not about political agenda.

I made reference to Wal-mart becasue it is destroying the infrastructure of small town America. Try to open you mind and finsih reading a post before you lash back with non-witty caps on statements.

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I don't think I once stated that nothing was Bush fault, nor that I blamed everything on Clinton. Clintons presidency was very profitable and it was a great wave of prosperity. If a 9/11 type event happened in 1997 i am sure that the rest of Clintons presidency would have been ALOT different.

Again, however, I am laying no blame nor defending anyone. I would vote for Clinton over Bush, but there is no way I would vote for Kerry. I just don;t like his record. So this is not about political agenda.

I made reference to Wal-mart becasue it is destroying the infrastructure of small town America. Try to open you mind and finsih reading a post before you lash back with non-witty caps on statements.

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 03:56 PM
link   
I'm offende, Somewhat, I guess. I mean, if that's all he can say than it's alright, right? Anyways. to find out more go to GOP Team leader or George Bush.com or something.

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Don't lay blame where it doesn't belong then.

Bush has had four years to right all of these wrongs.

He's done nothing except make excuses like yourself.

A "great leader" -- something George Bush would like us to believe he is -- would answer problems with solutions, not excuses.

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 04:34 PM
link   
W-Hamilton, are you going to continue to call me mindless, and also continue to state I am laying blame?

BUsh bashers are like bandwagon sportsfans, they can't name the best wide reciever, but once the team loses 2 games they tell everyone they suck.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join