It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Edwards - If you vote for Bush you have lost your mind!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 10:43 AM
link   
On ABCNEWS Nightline last night a clip was shown where Edwards said that if you live in the U.S. and you vote for George Bush you have lost your mind.

IMHO Edwards was WAY out of line. Anyone else find it offensive and wrong?

Dem vp hopeful John Edwards cut to the chase last night on ABCNEWS NIGHTLINE:

ABC'S BOB WOODRUFF: "He has avoided the kind of negative attacks that can make national news, although recently, he has stepped up his rhetoric."

SEN. JOHN EDWARDS (D-NC) (clip of a speech): "I'd say if you live in the United States of America and you vote for George Bush, you've lost your mind."

WOODRUFF: "There's been criticism that you have been too soft."

EDWARDS: "Do I seem soft to you?"

drudgereport.com...

Jemison

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Looks like he's been taking his cues from Terry Kerry.

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 10:51 AM
link   
It's not quite up there with saying -- oh, I don't know -- "if you vote for Kerry/Edwards the terrorists will strike again," but it is a step up from his usually gentle comments, so

But really, Edwards is in the wrong. If you still support Bush after watching his past 4 years in office, you haven't lost your mind, because you apparently never had one to begin with

[edit on 5-10-2004 by W_HAMILTON]

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Looks like he's been taking his cues from Terry Kerry.

That was my immediate thought!

-- "if you vote for Kerry/Edwards the terrorists will strike again,"

Do you happen to remember the exact quote that Cheney said? I remember the hoopla but not the quote.
And considering that Kerry had advanced notice on the terrible security breaches at Logan airport and was warned on numerous occassions just a few months before 9/11 that his airport was an easy target and yet he did nothing, I would have to say that I don't have much faith in Kerry protecting the country. And according to the polls, even Kerry supporters think Bush could do a better job protecting the Country!
BUT, even though I agree that a terror attack is more likely to come with Kerry in office I think Cheney should have steered clear of coming right out and saying it!

Jemison

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Its expressing a personal opinion in a political atmosphere...of course it may have been worded a bit harshly, but that's either his conviction or his desire to win that's speaking...so why should that be frowned upon?

Far worse occurs in the slandering ads on TV...

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Its expressing a personal opinion in a political atmosphere...of course it may have been worded a bit harshly, but that's either his conviction or his desire to win that's speaking...so why should that be frowned upon?

Well first Therea Kerry called me an idiot, OK, not me personally, but since I don't agree with Kerrys health care plan according to Theresa I am an idiot. Now Edwards is telling me that I'm out of my mind. There was a little itsy bitsy teenie weenie possibility that something in the next 4 weeks could change my mind and I might vote for Kerry, but since they choose to insult me on a weekly basis, forget that!

Jemison

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 11:17 AM
link   
You support a president who was in office during the worst terrorist attack on American soil ever, and who was in office for MONTHS (not far from a year) before said attack, and it still occurred. You support a president who failed to capture the mastermind behind this attack. You support a president who instead of finishing this mission, instead misled the country into thinking Iraq was an 'immediate threat.' You support a president who has 'liberated' two countries into complete chaos (Iraq much, much worse than Afghanistan however, but neither are doing well). You support a president who approves of changing our country's founding document, PROTECTING rights, so that it can discriminate against fellow citizens. You support a president who uses his personal religious ideology to lead this country (and that's different from Islamic nations how?), which causes him to support discrimation against gays, to disagree with a woman's right to choose, to refuse to fund life-saving stem call research -- need I go on? You support a president who, as pensive and inferior as he looked on a national stage at the last debate, had the nerve to say he was a great leader, and we Americans know it?

Please. If not mindless, what would you prefer Edwards call people like yourself?

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 11:20 AM
link   

But really, Edwards is in the wrong. If you still support Bush after watching his past 4 years in office, you haven't lost your mind, because you apparently never had one to begin with

That's a classic....

I will agree that it isn't the best statement to make as a candidate though....

[edit on 5-10-2004 by Gazrok]

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 11:30 AM
link   

EDWARDS: "Do I seem soft to you?"

WHo is he, Joe Pesci in Goodfellas. Again, there is nothing that the dems are stating that they are going to change. MAybe he should grow a set and not say a I have a plan but "I will change this" or "I will get the troops out!". NO, it is always a plan or a idea in motion with Kerry, and now also with Edwards.

SEN. JOHN EDWARDS (D-NC) (clip of a speech): "I'd say if you live in the United States of America and you vote for George Bush, you've lost your mind."

Well John, you just lost ANY swing voter that may having been on the fence. So, since I voted Bush last time there is now no way I would want to vote for someone who is telling the choice i had made was ignorant.

Why could he have not stated, "If you voted for BUsh in 2000, tak the time to review what I will do in our term in office. This gives the veiwer, listener or reader the spark to investigate if there is a difference to be made voting Democratic.

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Of course Edwards' words are offensive. You mustn't call people stupid just because they have different political opinions

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 11:39 AM
link   
I think he means if you see with open eyes what Bush has done since he has been office, you would be crazy to vote for him now!!!!

He didn't say you were ignorant then, just now if you do.

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by AtheiX
Of course Edwards' words are offensive. You mustn't call people stupid just because they have different political opinions

But are we allowed to call somone stupid if they are stupid? I think some people are unawair of theri stupidity and that it is a public service to let these people know.

Perhaps some of the people who are wantign to vote for Bush in the next month are infact out of their mind.. don't you think they sould be told so that they can get the propper medication to allow them to think correctly?

wraith

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Yes; what don't you get as accurate in that statement? There is no measure conducted empirically, qualitatively or in any fashion except emotionally, that would have George Bush as a valid vote.
He and his presidency has been drawn, measured & found wanting by anyone who cared to look past the media spin.
As for "swing" voters? To hell with them - that's me and both campaigns talking. Anyone who's still swinging in the wind is likely to be of such a small number as to be inconsequential.
Kerry is after Republican votes. Folks like the honorable Republican Senator from Rhode Island:
"One day after the Supreme Court sealed the 2000 election for George W. Bush, his running mate, Dick Cheney, went to the Capitol for a private lunch with five moderate Republican senators. The agenda he laid out that day in December 2000 stunned Senator Lincoln Chafee of Rhode Island, sending Mr. Chafee on a painful journey of political conscience that, he said in an interview last week, has culminated with his decision not to vote for Mr. Bush in November. "I literally was close to falling off my chair," Mr. Chafee said, recounting the vice president[sic]'s proposals for steep tax cuts, missile defense programs and abandoning the Kyoto environmental accords.

www.nytimes.com...

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 11:59 AM
link   
If you beleive and agree with the statement that Edwards made, that is your right. BAsically you are stating that anyone who would vote for bush is not smart enough to make an informed decision on how to vote. So, if they were not smart enough to not vote for Bush, then they are certainly DUMB enough to vote for Kerry, right?

To hell with swing voters? That is what this entire election is about. You have Dems who want to be safe but don't trust Kerry to wage the war on terrorwho will vote for Bush. You have liberal Republicans who will want to side with Kerry on abortion or tax issues.

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Personally, Im more offended at the way Bush is running my country! That schmuck of a president acts like he is christ reborn and come to save us all, when in all actuallity, he has put more Americans in danger than ever before. I take offence at his stance on the economy. Our economy is NOT strong, the unemployment rate is not actually dropping, and inflation is skyrocketing. Gas is at an ALL TIME HIGH, our schools are severly underfunded, and most people in America have NO healthcare. Bush offends me more than anything anyone could say to or about me.

On a lighter note, where is the Gazrok/Skeptick Overlord ticket! I would vote that into office!

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 12:06 PM
link   
I loved the picture of Edwards on Drudge - he looks like John Ritter just less straight. Catty little remarks from the Democrats.... meow... here kitty kitty

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 01:02 PM
link   

You support a president who was in office during the worst terrorist attack on American soil ever, and who was in office for MONTHS (not far from a year) before said attack, and it still occurred.

This attack was planned under Clinton's watch and during Clinton's time we basically ignored the terrorists acts that were committed. And lets not forget that YOU are supporting a man who IGNORED the numerous warnings that Logan airport's security was the worst in the nation.

You support a president who failed to capture the mastermind behind this attack

There was never a time frame put on WHEN we could capture him, and if he is alive I'm sure we WILL capture or kill him.

You support a president who instead of finishing this mission, instead misled the country into thinking Iraq was an 'immediate threat.'

Kerry supported this as well until he suddenly changed his position using his 20/20 hindsight. And thankfully the U.S. is capable of multi-tasking.

You support a president who has 'liberated' two countries into complete chaos (Iraq much, much worse than Afghanistan however, but neither are doing well).

Did you really expect this to happen overnight? That's pretty unrealistic.

I could go through each of your statements but no matter what I say I won't change your mind or get you to see another perspective so what is the point?

Kerry, Edwards and Theresa seem to think that insulting people, both the American public AND foreign leaders, is acceptable. I DON'T find it acceptable.

Jemison

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 01:06 PM
link   
That sounds like a typical statement from someone who is franticly realizing hes not going to become Vice Pres.

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 01:24 PM
link   
"quote:
You support a president who failed to capture the mastermind behind this attack"

"There was never a time frame put on WHEN we could capture him, and if he is alive I'm sure we WILL capture or kill him. "

Now why would Bush capture or kill a friend of the family? It will never happen, I am sure the two of them were in on this whole thing, I mean Osama Been Hiding under the direction of the CIA for years and GW's dad was the man who first marked Osama as a made CIA op.

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 01:25 PM
link   

But are we allowed to call somone stupid if they are stupid? I think some people are unawair of theri stupidity and that it is a public service to let these people know.

If you want to call someone stupid it should not be based on opinion. For example, I could tell you that you have typing errors, which is a fact, but if I told you that you were stupid because of your errors that would be an opinion. Maybe your type-o's have nothing to do with your intelligence but more to do with the fact that your cat jumped on the keyboard and you clicked 'post reply' rather than 'preview post'. Or maybe you are from a place where the word 'unaware' is really spelled 'unawair'. Who knows? But for me to automatically call you stupid because you have type-o's is NOT a 'public service'.

Jemison

P.S. And I'm quite sure that I have my fair share of type-o's as well.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join