It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Refresher Course on the Essene and how one called Jesus came into being and image abused

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Most don't have a clue as to how and why one named Jesus came into the world, mostly because the Bible Narrative suppresses almost all knowledge of the Essene around Mt. Carmel as well as the times before Noah with the creator gods of the Fertile Crescent to which Enoch and Abraham associated that the Essene and Jesus studied.

There are some folks that do study the Essene and write the story much more clearly than the Biblical Narrative's abduction of the story and the history of religion.

This piece provides a good orientation of the names for god, the history for Jesus, and just what inspired the truth seeking Essenes that lived in the vinyard of the gods of Mt. Carmel.

www.essene.com...

We live in an infinitely complex universe, filled with unimaginable potential. The amount of information we have available to us in the 20th century is incredible. Information once secret and hidden, is now in public domain. With the discovery of the Dead Sea Scrolls and the Nag Hammadi library, at the end of the 1940’s, doors have been opened to students of religion, undreamed of since the early centuries of the Christian era. And in fact, the Dead Sea Scrolls offer a look into the communities from which Christianity emerged, information never before available. Seekers of knowledge can learn (for now) without the fear that haunted for so many years, the free thinkers who wanted to Know, rather than to accept blindly the religion of others. From its inception and through its development, Christianity has meant many things to many people. Despite the attempt of various groups to solidify it into one doctrine, the story of Jesus is not likely to have been viewed exactly the same by any two people. At no point in history has the Christian faith stood as a singular form of thought, without various interpretations. There is no one religion that stands apart from the others as a repository of all truth. They all interact with each other, absorbing the wisdom of the past into the needs of the present. Despite the extensive amounts of research relating to the evolution of the Gospels, the average person is still ignorant of the difference between the historical and the mythical.

------

The Virgin Birth

------

The Immaculate Conception

--------

The Star and the Magi

One can begin to see much of the metaphorical wordings explained, as the literal was not what they were writing on many causes. Or the metoshorical meanings were lost in the poor translations of words across language barriers.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Wonderful post and I hope it grows with the Gnosis it deserves. The Essenes actually are represented several times in the New Testament but shrouded and hidden behind descriptives. When one knows who they were/are one will find them easily. They are also found easily throughout Roman History if one takes the time to look. Their story begins at the birth of John and concludes at the risen Christ in the Bible but in Roman History their story is found from the birth of John the Baptist through the Hathsmonian/Essene stronghold of Masada in 72AD. Its great to see this being discussed. Thanks for posting.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 06:24 AM
link   
You are welcome! The Essene views do allow a good deal more insight into Jesus and his god. Jesus appears to have a god that is not everyone elses god, and he teaches the way to get to the new god.

Jesus god is called Aumen, which is derived from Egypt, and also said as Amun, or the pre-existing one with no mother or father. This being close to the theme of Intelligent Designer for the Universe, Mother Nature, etc.

www.essene.com...

25-28 AD, Febuary 16th 25 AD to April 23, 28 AD: (3 years, 2 months, and 7 days,)Yeshua's (Essene Jesus) ministry, foundation years of Nazarenism which was later degenerated into Christianity, [But after John was handed over to the authorities, Jesus went to Galilee, proclaiming the good word of God and saying, "The time has come & the Rule of Aumen is approaching. Repent & trust in the good word."]-Mk1:14-15(Gaus) t4:12,17, Lk4:14-15, cf. Jn4:1-3,43-46a; [& he goes up the mountain & calls the ones he wanted to him, & they went to him.

----------

28, Apr 23: Yeshua the Nazarite (Jesus) crucified on the lunar Sabbath, Nisan 14th (Friday, April 23, 28 AD), [Ref: John, Unauthorized Version/Fox] [And at three o'clock, Jesus cried out in a loud voice, "Eloi, Eloi, lema sabachthani," which translates to "My Aumen, my Aumen, why did you desert me?] -Mk15:34(Gaus).

So, what or who is the Jesus god Aumen? To find an answer we have to find there was an early One god, and also a lot of Triune or Trinity god concepts long before.

www.bibleanswerstand.org...

Most of ancient theology is lost under the sands of time. However, recent archaeological expeditions in ancient Mesopotamia have uncovered the fascinating culture of the Sumerians, which flourished over 4000 years ago. Though Sumeria was conquered by Assyria, and later Babylon: her gods lived on in the cultures of those who conquered The historian S.H. Hooke tells us in detail of the ancient Sumerian trinity: Anu was the primary god of heaven, the father, and the King of Kings. Enlil, the “wind-god” was the god of the earth. He was also a creator God. Enki was the god of waters and the lord of wisdom (15-18). This was highest Sumerian trinity. A lesser trinity “was composed of Sin, the moon-god, Shamash, the sun-god, and Hadad, the storm-god.” (19). The historian H. W. F. Saggs explains that the Babylonian triad consisted of three gods of roughly equal rank. Their “inter-relationship is of the essence of their natures.”

--------

Egypt’s history is nearly as old as the Sumerian’s. In his book Egyptian Myths George Hart shows how Egypt also believed in a, “transcendental, above creation, and preexisting one,” the god Amun. Amun was really three gods in one. Re was his face; Ptah his body; and Amun his hidden identity (24) The well-known historian Will Durant concurs: “In later days Ra [sic], Amon [sic], and Ptah were combined as three embodiments or aspects of one supreme and triune deity.” (Our Oriental Heritage, 201) A hymn to Amun written in the 14th century BC distinguishes the Egyptian trinity: “All Gods are three: Amun, Re, Ptah: they have no equal. His name is hidden as Amun, he is Re before [men], and his body is Ptah.” (Hornung, 219)

---------

Judaism is strongly monotheistic with no hint of a trinity. The Hebrew Bible (the Old Testament) is filled with scriptures such as, “the Lord your God is One”, “I am the Lord. . . and my glory I will not give to another”, “thou shalt have no other gods before me”. Even though “Word” “Spirit” “Presence” and “Wisdom,” are used as personifications of God, Biblical scholars agree that the Trinity is neither mentioned nor intended by the authors of the Old Testament.

We can conclude without much difficulty that the trinity dogma did not come from Judaism. Nor did Jesus speak of a trinity. The message of Jesus was of the coming kingdom; it was a message of love and forgiveness. When asked which commandment was foremost, Jesus’ first reply in Mark 12:29 wasw, “Hear O Israel, the Lord is ONE…).

---------

With this background, let’s look at the growth and evolution of the Trinity. As previous stated, the Bible does not mention the trinity. Harnack affirms that the early church view of Jesus was as Messiah. After his resurrection he was, “raised to the right hand of God” – but not considered as God. (78) Lonergan concurs that the educated Christians of the early centuries believed in one, supreme God. (119).

---------

Did these creeds with their strict rules for adherence help the Church become closer to Jesus and the Bible? Did they bring increasing light, as commanded by Jesus in “You are the light of the world. . .so let your light shine before men.” Just the opposite! The acceptance of the Athanasian Creed stood at the gateway to the dark ages of medieval ignorance and spiritual poverty.

In summary, we have seen how the common culture of the day was one filled with triune gods. From ancient Sumerian’s Anu, Enlil, and Enki to Egypt’s Amun-Re-Ptah and Isis, Osiris, and Horus and Rome’s Jupiter, Juno, and Minerva the whole concept of paganism revolved around the magic number of three. In Greek philosophy we have seen how the number three was used as an unidentified trinity of Intelligence, mind, and reason.

--------

“Christianity did not destroy paganism, it adopted it.” (Durant Caesar and Christ 595) The concept of the trinity finds its roots in Pagan theology and Greek philosophy. It is a stranger to the Jewish Jesus and the Hebrew people from which he sprang.

One finds the message of Jesus has become highly corrupted and the image for Jesus abused. Lost has been the name for Jesus god. And the real image of Jesus lost as well.

edit on 19-6-2012 by MagnumOpus because: Jesus god Aumen

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Why would a trinity appear before the son of god was created?
Ones brain could start smoking while wading through history.
Maybe we could all just agree on"Love yourself and love your neighbor as yourself"?

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   
HI Magnum!

Once again a great start to another insightful and compelling thread. I love this stuff! After reading your OP last night I got to researching some of the Dead Sea Scrolls. www.gnosis.org...

I was reading the Gospel of Mary Magdalene and was moved by this passage.

10) And desire said, I did not see you descending, but now I see you ascending. Why do you lie since you belong to me?

11) The soul answered and said, I saw you. You did not see me nor recognize me. I served you as a garment and you did not know me.

12) When it said this, it (the soul) went away rejoicing greatly.

13) Again it came to the third power, which is called ignorance.

14) The power questioned the soul, saying, Where are you going? In wickedness are you bound. But you are bound; do not judge!

15) And the soul said, Why do you judge me, although I have not judged?

16) I was bound, though I have not bound.

17) I was not recognized. But I have recognized that the All is being dissolved, both the earthly things and the heavenly.

18) When the soul had overcome the third power, it went upwards and saw the fourth power, which took seven forms.

19) The first form is darkness, the second desire, the third ignorance, the fourth is the excitement of death, the fifth is the kingdom of the flesh, the sixth is the foolish wisdom of flesh, the seventh is the wrathful wisdom. These are the seven powers of wrath.

20) They asked the soul, Whence do you come slayer of men, or where are you going, conqueror of space?

21) The soul answered and said, What binds me has been slain, and what turns me about has been overcome,

22) and my desire has been ended, and ignorance has died.

23) In a aeon I was released from a world, and in a Type from a type, and from the fetter of oblivion which is transient.

24) From this time on will I attain to the rest of the time, of the season, of the aeon, in silence.
www.gnosis.org...

After Mary imparted with story to the apostles, some didn't believe that Jesus had confided her, a woman.

3) Peter answered and spoke concerning these same things.

4) He questioned them about the Savior: Did He really speak privately with a woman and not openly to us? Are we to turn about and all listen to her? Did He prefer her to us?

5) Then Mary wept and said to Peter, My brother Peter, what do you think? Do you think that I have thought this up myself in my heart, or that I am lying about the Savior?

6) Levi answered and said to Peter, Peter you have always been hot tempered.

To me, this passage exemplifies the suppression of the Gnostic texts. If Jesus didn't say it to the correct person, or it didn't jive with "Peter's" new church, it was suppressed.

In the meantime, Peter and Paul bickered back and forth and eventually Pauline doctrine, telling women (Mary) to just shut up, infiltrated Peter's church. This "new" new church is the foundation of the corruption of the image, works and words of Jesus. IMHO.

Once again thank you for this inspirational thread. I will be following it.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Excellent thread, Magnum! Again! S/F

I'm very happy to see more and more awareness of these FACTS, and the dissemination of the actual history of Jesus the Legend. In the bit over a year of my membership here on ATS, I've seen an impressive upsurge in the offering of this more accurate history of world religions --

and it makes my heart and soul smile.
Cheers, and here's to another great bit of info! I'll be reading, and thanks for all the linky-dinks!

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Hello Wild,

Thanks for the complements and pleased you also like seeking out the details of religion that have been tossed off into dark corners in the hope the world won't figure it out and find out the real issues.

Getting back into the theme a bit more, here is a little better write up of the multiple old trinity issues from the times of Anu.

www.heraldmag.org...

The Origin of the Trinity: From Paganism to Constantine
by Cher-El L. Hagensick

In summary, the common culture of the day was one filled with triune gods. From ancient Sumeria’s Anu, Enlil, and Enki and Egypt’s dual trinities of Amun-Re-Ptah and Isis, Osiris, and Horus to Rome’s Jupiter, Juno, and Minerva the whole concept of paganism revolved around the magic number of three. In Greek philosophy, also, we have seen how the number three was used as an unspecified trinity of intelligence, mind, and reason.

Since Ptah is part of the Amun triad, who was Ptah:

www.ancientegyptonline.co.uk...

Ptah (Pteh, Peteh) was one of the triad of Memphis along with Sekhmet (or Bast) and Nefertum. When Memphis became the capital of Egypt, Ptah became the ultimate creator who made everything including the gods of the Ogdoad of Hermopolis and the Ennead of Heliopolis and was given the epithet "He who set all the gods in their places and gave all things the breath of life". Ptah was worshipped throughout all of Egypt, but his primary cult centres were in Memphis and Heliopolis. He was so popular in Egypt that it is said that the name "Egypt" itself derives from a Greek spelling of the name of a temple in Memphis; "Hwt-kA-ptH", which means "the temple of the Ka of Ptah".

It is interesting that some of the Masons that continually look to sort out all these old histories linked with religion have found the same thing. Ptah is like the Masons version for the Great Architech, and Ptah is generally shown with the blue skull cap that is associated with the Anu Clan.

www.mastermason.com...

After the flood the God Enki, also called Ptah in Egypt began the reclamation of the land by building dykes, dams and canals. As soon as the land was fit crops were replanted. The archaeological evidence supports this. see Ancient Crops and Grain. In Egypt, the earliest evidence for crop growing comes from Lake Fayum, to the west of Cairo. Plant remains show that barley, hordeum vulgare, and a primitive form of wheat known as emmer, triticum dicoccum, were grown in Egypt from as long ago as 5000 BC. Egyptian agriculture was the main reason for the success of the whole civilization.

In the little map above (Babylon) we find the names of several of the gods. They will appear through out this site along with the true story of the biblical patriarchs comprising those from Adam to Noah (antediluvian patriarchs) and those between the Deluge and the birth of Abraham.

What we begin to discover is that Jesus didn't have the same god theme as did the 2nd temple and the Abraham followers. Abraham cut his deal with Enlil, who was the distroyer god associated with the flood. Meanwhile, Enoch, Noah took up with Enki the god that loved his human creation as his children.

Thus, one can begin to see why Jesus called god as "Abba," or "Daddy," which links to the issues of The loving Father.

It is also interesting to note that Enki's son Marduk puts Nimrod into a position of power to protest Enlil as god.

Also, most interesting is Jesus takes up his teaching of the Way shortly after his Mystery School time of fasting in the wilderness, which is part of the Mystery School's methods to learn nature's ways.

edit on 20-6-2012 by MagnumOpus because: Finding the Jesus god and the Abraham god are not the same.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by MagnumOpus

There are some folks that do study the Essene and write the story much more clearly than the Biblical Narrative's abduction of the story and the history of religion.

Even if you look at it just from the perspective of the Nag Hammadi, it is clear that the Bible represents a core set of texts which have come to represent what the early church fathers were able to understand about Christianity. What is left out, is largely the cosmology and metaphysics of Christ's teachings, something, given the failing of Apostolic lineage, that they were incapable of comprehending, so rather than include it and then being unable to explain it, they denied it. What we are left with, in the New Testament, has become the Master story of Jesus, and abridged version of his teachings, largely in accordance with Peter, and Paul. The esoterics have, through necessity, been delineated, because of both those teachers, inability to comprehend the metaphysically aspects of Christ. And, if one reads the Gospels of Thomas, Mary, and Philip, as well as some of the more allegorical texts, it is clear that it was understood even within that circle that Peter never 'got it'.

One can begin to see much of the metaphorical wordings explained, as the literal was not what they were writing on many causes. Or the metoshorical meanings were lost in the poor translations of words across language barriers.

This is paramount in my opinion. The subtlety has in many cases been lost as texts were translated, not from the original, but from translations of translations. Hence the importance of the discoveries of the Dead Sea Scrolls and Nag Hammadi which have involved multiple translators, and clearly demonstrate that even when working from the original texts, two translators will produce two entirely different interpretations. There is no such thing as a literal translation, and that is important for any reader to understand.

Also, most interesting is Jesus takes up his teaching of the Way shortly after his Mystery School time of fasting in the wilderness, which is part of the Mystery School's methods to learn nature's ways.

It is the way of any Shaman, or visionary teacher. Not so much about learning nature’s ways, as in a process by which communication with the other realm is enabled and where ‘knowing’ is achieved. Isolation, contemplation and disassociation with the physical, leading to the required state of kenosis. Paul speaks to some extent of this aspect of Jesus’s teaching in Philipians, but he also demonstrates that he doesn’t fully comprehend it, ie, he hasn’t himself experienced it, so he flounders. Thomas, Philip and Mary though, in their own ways, clearly have. The only accepted visionary becomes John, and his vision, taken as it is out of context, becomes somewhat confusing.

Around about the third century we see the established church clearly beginning to repress this notion of direct experience through vision, and a move towards visions being more of an expression of the inner world of the individual, a thought-process that has persisted until today, but from the Nag Hammadi, and the Gospel of Mary, there is clearly a sense of an objectiveness in which Jesus exists during the Ascension period, and even prior to that, during the time between the cruxifiction and the resurrection, when he journeys to the underworld, and where Mary can be seen to act as witness to that experience, in some ways, accompanying him on that journey.

Later mystics, and I found particularly, Ignasius Loyola, demonstrate that the shamanic journey still remained a core aspect of the spiritual awakening, but it remained a singular and personal one, even if the resultant vision, was universal and objective in nature. But that is where the path to kenosis is all important, we all have differing baggage to unload before we can clearly perceive, and intent, is as important as anything else, and so is reaction once the eye is opened. Not everyone can be that cool, calm and collected, so the apperature will close much more rapidly for some leaving only the memory of a partial view.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   
What can one say on Jesus. He appears to have been a good student of the Mystery School's ancient past on religion. He decides to project a better way, collects a few fisherman that appear to cause more problems than good and most are off hiding when Jesus gets nailed and then they suddenly claim some expertise.

Jesus could not make a silk purse to hold truth from sea salt sailors.

The Jesus story is a mess to get unraveled, then you have to get into the Eastern Roman poltics to wrangle a deal with the Pagans. One can see that Pagan Sun god theme of Nimrod involved dislike of Enlil and like for Enki perhaps, but Nimrod took over the god business.

What one gets after two sets of major lacking for knowledge and then all the translations problems doesn't even resemble the truth.

What is left today is an old system to control a country, now sprouted wings and and is attempting to control other countries that really don't need or want their help on fantasy land history that avoids telling how the whole world was enslaved by this corrupt vision of god from the OT.

Religion has made a big deal out of god being supernatural supreme being from out in space somewhere called Heaven, but when it gets down to the chase of just what the gods were there is a sudden silence from the church members and the conniving church itself.

Faking up Jesus to take that god's place makes things even worse, so much so, the churches have a major issue with total lack of truth in telling about Yahweh and Abraham's drity deals and then trying to use Jesus as a cover story.

Enlil was bad, and Enki appears helpful for his designs. But any way one slices it, neither are gods in the modern sense, and neither is Jesus because he likes Enki as the Father. Jesus as a clone of Enki is a lesser evil, yet still an evil and a half truth. The world needs to see the whole sordid story.

One should not be apologists for this much corruption of the religious truth and because of the church leaders allowing these corruptions the axe must fall on those that lied and caused all manner of wars, disenfranchisments of folks seeking the truth, and a general schizophrenia in religion that should be called a mental illness due to lack of reality.

That much chicanery in support of untruth doesn't do the world any good what so ever, as it tells people to sit on their hands and let the powers that be do everything for them. Religion appears a poison to freedom.

The world is having an information rush that is explaining a good deal of the lost issues, and when the hammer hits it is going to show the churches lied to such an extent of self aggrandizations that the world may once and for all time toss religion out the window and being a real waste of time.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 06:00 AM
link   
One of the terms used for Jesus is his time in the wilderness and what might this area really be. We find some additional insights into the Essene with the following information that includes the wilderness.

www.mastermason.com...

Having been founded to prepare a 'channel' for the Messiah, the Essenes tribe descended from the Nasoreans and they claim that John was the originator of their sect. The sect was made up of direct decendents of Zodakian Priests called the 'Sons of Zodak'. The genealogy was carried from the Royal line of David, Moses and Aaron to the families in the Essene community. This nucleus formed the Essene-style community known as Qumran. Qumran is also called' the wilderness' in the King James bible because it was 'seperate' and away from any other Jewish community.

This site contains a number of deeper insights into the Essene, Jesus role with the Essene, and the areas of Qumran, the Essene high temple at Mt. Carmel, and tons more.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   
The Essene belief in Mother Nature and the ways of healing are capured in The Essene Gospel of Peace I. This special written piece helps to define those Dead in Christ, those who fail to see Mother Nature via repeated overbearance of scripture quoting. Quotations don't prepare the body to be purified from Evil's ways.

www.thetruthseeker.co.uk...

Translated by Purcell Weaver and Edmond Szekely the following is considered by some to be a true account of Christ’s original teaching. Based on texts from the Vatican library and the Royal Library of the Hapsburg’s and dated to the first century AD, it contains many references to fasting, vegetarianism and angels; all of which were altered or entirely removed from Christian teaching after the first Council of Nicaea in 325 AD. Convened by the Emperor Constantine the Council effectively hammered out what was to become the Holy Roman Law scriptures. In the process a lot of Christianity’s original spiritual essence was edited or removed entirely to serve the more earthly agendas of the emergent Holy Roman Empire. We leave you to decide whether the following is in fact the authentic word of Christ…

And then many sick and maimed came to Jesus, asking him. “if you know all things, tell us, why do we suffer with these grievous plagues? Why are we not whole like other men? Master, heal us, that we too may be made strong, and need abide no longer in our misery. We know that you have it in your power to heal all manner of disease. Free us from Satan and from all his great afflictions. Master, have compassion on us.”

------------

And Jesus answered: “Seek not the law in your scriptures, for the law is life, whereas the scripture is dead. I tell you truly, Moses received not his laws from God in writing, but through the living word. The law is living word of living God to living prophets for living men. In everything that is life is the law written. You find it in the grass, in the tree, in the river, in the mountain, in the birds of heaven, in the fishes of the sea; but seek it chiefly in yourselves. For I tell you truly, all living things are nearer to God than the scripture which is without life. God so made life and all living things that they might by the everlasting word teach the laws of the true God to man. God wrote not the laws in the pages of books, but in your heart and in your spirit. They are in your breath, your blood, your bone; in your flesh, your bowels, your eyes, your cars, and in every little part of your body. They are present in the air, in the water, in the earth, in the plants, in the sunbeams, in the depths and in the heights. They all speak to you that you may understand the tongue and the will of the living God. But you shut your eyes that you may not see, and you shut your ears that you may not hear. I tell you truly, that the scripture is the work of man, but life and all its hosts are the work of our God. Wherefore do you not listen to the words of God which are written in His works? And wherefore do you study the dead scriptures which are the work of
the hands of men?”

One must question why those wanting to know about Jesus don't read the other sources so that they are dead of Jesus.

There actually many Essene writings that appear to allude the Bible thumpers that are dead of Jesus:

www.essene.com...

top topics

join