It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

‘Iran, Russia, China, Syria to launch biggest joint war game in Mideast’

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Shadow Herder

One other thing...China's Navy and the Old Design Russian Carrier that China is using ONLY as a training ship is no threat in anyway. The U.S. Navy could easily with just two Nimitz Class Carrier Groups...destroy the entire Chinese Navy. U.S. Subs alone would be able to sink just about every major surface ship and Chinese Subs are no where near U.S. Capabilities.

Right now because of a complete redesign of what the U.S. Military will be with the ongoing installation of the FEL as well as all Aegis Cruisers already having Improved SM-3's...the same missile that directly hit a falling Satellite out of orbit as well as being so accurate that it was able to destroy the Satellites Hydrozine Booster Fuel Tank...are able to take out any Chinese Anti-carrier Missiles and since the U.S. Carriers can operate at a Greater Distance than these type of Chinese Missiles are effective from as well as the Carrier Groups having in air refueling which the Chinese are not night capable and not even very experienced during the day....the Chinese Air Force is not a concern.

Never mind B-52's which are based at Diego Garcia would be a NIGHTMARE as no one operates better at night than all branches of the U.S. Military. China will not start a war. Split Infinity

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

US Army vs Chinese Army, which is stronger?
US PERSONNEL:
Total Population: 303,824,640 [2008]
Population Available: 144,354,117 [2008]
Fit for Military Service: 118,600,541 [2008]

CHINA PERSONNEL:
Total Population: 1,330,044,544 [2008]
Population Available: 729,323,673 [2008]
Fit for Military Service: 609,273,077 [2008]

US ARMY
Total Land-Based Weapons: 29,920
Towed Artillery: 5,178 [2001]

CHINA ARMY
Total Land-Based Weapons: 31,300
Tanks: 8,200 [2004]
Armored Personnel Carriers: 5,000 [2004]
Towed Artillery: 14,000 [2004]
Self-Propelled Guns: 1,700 [2004]
Multiple Rocket Launch Systems: 2,400 [2004]
Mortars: 16,000 [2001]
Anti-Tank Guided Weapons: 6,500 [2004]
Anti-Aircraft Weapons: 7,700 [2004]

US NAVY
Total Navy Ships: 1,559
Merchant Marine Strength: 422 [2008]
Major Ports and Harbors: 10
Aircraft Carriers: 12 [2008]
Destroyers: 50 [2008]
Submarines: 75 [2008]
Frigates: 92 [2008]
Patrol & Coastal Craft: 100 [2008]
Mine Warfare Craft: 28 [2008]
Amphibious Craft: 38 [2008]

CHINA NAVY
Total Navy Ships: 760
Merchant Marine Strength: 1,822 [2008]
Major Ports and Harbors: 8
Aircraft Carriers: 1 [2010]
Destroyers: 21 [2004]
Submarines: 68 [2004]
Frigates: 42 [2004]
Patrol & Coastal Craft: 368 [2004]
Mine Warfare Craft: 39 [2004]
Amphibious Craft: 121 [2004]

Sources: US Library of Congress; Central Intelligence Agency

BOOOOOM!

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Can you see the big picture now?

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Human wave assaults are out of fashion.Tech rules the wars of today.We have the air you see.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by cavtrooper7
Human wave assaults are out of fashion.Tech rules the wars of today.We have the air you see.

There are defenses for everything even against little flying machines.

edit on 19-6-2012 by Shadow Herder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shadow Herder

You are here because Zion is about to be destroyed, its every living inhabitant terminated, its entire existence eradicated.

Zion being destroyed? WOW! And that's why I am...here? As in...posting?

LOL! First of all...do you know what is preventing the Israelis from Bombing Iranian Nuclear Sites? The U.S....that's who! The U.S. knows that to bomb these sites would Poison the whole Middle East. I am not an Israeli nor am I even Jewish but I do know that IRAN has an estimated 12 to 14 Month Leadership Lifespan. Iran has a population that is 70% under the age of 30 years old and 92% of the Iranian Population seeks a True Democracy so the U.S. plan for Iran is to simply wait.

The concept that you propose of Russia, China, Iran and Syria attacking either Israel or any U.S. Military Groups or Installations is FANTASY! Even if the U.S. did not use some of it's new High Tech. Weaponry...it would have little problems handling anything thrown at it or at Israel. The U.S. does not have to use Nuclear weapons as it has current weapons in place that would stop any invasion dead in it's tracks.

Russia cannot project Power for any length of time...China is NEVER going to get involved and even if it did...how will it get there? Syria and Iran are a Military Joke....and even if this went Nuclear...the U.S. is the only Country with a Fully Functional ABM system. Even Russian Admirals have gone on Russian TV and told their own public that to attack current U.S. Military Power is not possible without ridiculous losses. FANTASY! Split Infinity

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 12:24 AM
link   

This Laser would have a better chance of playing my CD then shooting anything down. Russia has for years been experimenting with Particle Beam Weapons only to have them irradiate the people using them. This laser does not appear to be solid state and is definitely not the FREE ELECTRON LASER which the U.S. currently has a few working models. All U.S. Carriers as well as all Aegis Cruisers will have Nuclear Powered FEL's installed.

This Laser is not Nuclear Powered and unlike the FEL must deal with Atmospheric Conditions. This thing would be lucky to be able to shoot down a KITE. This appears to be a Range Finding Laser for Missile Targeting not a Direct Energy Weapon. Split Infinity

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Which is stronger...the U.S. Military by far. Again...numbers mean nothing if they are not Battle Ready. Most of Russian Tanks, Troop Carriers and the like have been sitting and rusting.

China has many troops but without the means to bring them anywhere....they are only good for Chinese Mainland Defense.

And AGAIN...Iran and Syrian Military's are a JOKE! Split Infinity

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 12:54 AM
link   

The 13 colonies....

The British Empire....

God Bless the United States of America (and since we are now allies God Save the Queen
).

China has a lot of troops yes and they have a lot of equipment. The problem is they are slowly trying to pull away from the old cold war doctrine of quantity over quality. China is a bout 10 - 30 years behind in military technology, depending on which tech we compare. Their force projection ability is very limited at the moment not to mention their infrastructure is still predominately dependent on rail movement in a large area of the country.

Their Navy is a Brown water navy and I dont see them have a fully trained and in place blue water navy anytime soon. If war were to occur right now between China and Taiwan it would be solely a missile engagement. China does not have the airlift or sea transport capacity to mount an invasion.

North Korea is another example of that doctrine. North Korea has over a million man military however the equipment they use is from the 50's 60's and 70's.

So unless China is going to hitchhike their way to the ME or Taiwan, they have a ways to go to be able to project force.

The other thing to take into account is -
When was the last time the Chinese fought a war? - 1979 - Sino-Viatnamese war.

Dont get me wrong I understand what you are stating. In Chinas position they would need to use every bit of their military to makeup for the losses they would take.

The hypothetical I would like to ask -
With all the internal crap going on in china, what are the chances of military units turning against the Chinese government?
edit on 19-6-2012 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

I agree.

There is no way that China could even send troops to Taiwan as any Chinese Troop carriers would be blown out of the water by U.S. Navy Subs as well as just two Carrier Groups. China could shoot alot of Missiles at Taiwan but they are not very accurate and the prospect of Chinese Missiles Hitting Civilian Targets would result in a U.S. Air Campaign at Night with the U.S. Pulling some VERY NASTY TOOLS OUT OF THE BOX.

As I have said before...the Chinese have become very much amicable to the U.S. considering that their entire Economy is based on U.S. Purchase of Chinese Goods as well as the U.S. Navy's ability to completely stop all incoming Oil shipments to China and if any of you follow Current Events...about a year ago...High Level Chinese Military Leaders were invited to watch U.S. Military Exercises in Norfolk as well as in other areas of the U.S. Mainland and at Sea. A Chinese Admiral...much to the chagrin of his Communist Superiors said to the World Press after watching these U.S. Military Exercises....in his words...The United States has NOTHING TO WORRY ABOUT AS when I see the teamwork of the U.S. Sailors, Aviators, Airmen, Soldiers and how they operate such Advanced Equipment...It makes me think of how poor our equipment is that we have supplied our Forces with and shows me just how far we have to go before even coming close to this level of Professionalism.

The invitation by the U.S. Military was seen as a Goodwill gesture by the Military Leaders that came to the U.S. and observed....however...the Chinese Communist Party Leadership considered it as well as their Military Leaders remarks to the World Press as an Embarrassment. I have respect for the Chinese Military Leadership because they would be called on to fight against overwhelming U.S. Forces by Communist Leaders who are more inclined to tell their population lies about hat their Military is really capable of.

In a VERY UNLIKELY WAR with the U.S....CHINA WOULD BE OBLITERATED. The U.S. would never target anything other than their Navy and Air Force as China has no ability to move or Force Project their Troops. The Chinese Military knows the reality....People like some here are delusional in comparing the U.S. Military to other Countries. The U.S. Military is close to a point...ONCE THE FEL IS FULLY INSTALLED...to be the first country in HISTORY...to be able to take on the TOTAL MILITARY FORCES OF EVERY COUNTRY IN THE WORLD....ALL AT THE SAME TIME...AND WIN....EASILY. This is the reality in a few short years. Split Infinity

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Ground, air and sea forces as well as air defense and missile units of the four countries will take part in the exercises.

Sources also said that Egypt has acceded to grant passage to 12 Chinese warships to sail through the Suez Canal, adding that the military convoy is due to dock at the Syrian harbors in the next two weeks.

Russian atomic submarines and warships, aircraft carriers and mine-clearing destroyers as well as Iranian battleships and submarines will also arrive in Syria at around the same date.

Syria plans to test its coast-to-sea and air defense missiles in the wargames.

A sum of 400 warplanes and 1,000 tanks will also be used in the exercises.

A Syrian official, who asked to remain anonymous, had informed two weeks ago that the drills would be conducted in Syria soon.

Unofficial sources also said the four countries are now busy with taking swift preparatory measures for these biggest-ever wargames in the Middle-East.

Sham Life reported that the maneuvers will be stage in less than one month from now, that is early June.

english.farsnews.com...

I guess all we can do is wait and see what happens.

And also this:

“MOSCOW (AP) — Two Russian navy ships are completing preparations to sail to Syria with a unit of marines on a mission to protect Russian citizens and the nation’s base there, a news report said Monday.

The deployment appears to reflect Moscow’s growing concern about Syrian President Bashar Assad’s future. Each ship is capable of carrying up to 300 marines and a dozen tanks, according to Russian media reports.

That would make it the largest known Russian troop deployment to Syria, signaling that Moscow is becoming increasingly uneasy about Syria’s slide toward civil war.

“We must protect our citizens,” Maj.-Gen. Vladimir Gradusov was quoted as saying. “We won’t abandon the Russians and will evacuate them from the conflict zone, if necessary.”

Russia’s precautions came as Barack Obama, US president, and Vladimir Putin, his Russian counterpart, called for an end to violence in Syria and moves towards “political transition to a democratic, pluralistic political system” after talks on Monday at the G20 summit in Mexico.

investmentwatchblog.com...

Hopefully, it's nothing other than just precaution.....

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by snarky412

The Iranian Navy does not have Battleships.

Their largest class vessel is a Frigate

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by jude11
With those 4 Nations working together...it's no coincidence. They know what's coming...

WW3 is shaping up IMO.

I believe it's time for those that don't have preparations like a B.O.B or a prearranged meeting place for friends/family...it's time to re-think your stance on preparedness.

Just my thoughts

Peace

East mounting a coalition to challenge Western power in the Middle East: Has it officially started?

Let's hope not......

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by snarky412

East mounting a coalition to challenge Western power in the Middle East: Has it officially started?

could see this coming for so long now...SCO vs NATO.
it's inevitable.
edit on 19-6-2012 by yourmaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra

The Iranian Navy does not have Battleships.

Their largest class vessel is a Frigate

From what I've found so far, trying to find out the truth to all this, is it's mainly talking about China and Russia's fleet.

And Syria plans to test its coast-to-sea and air defense missiles in the wargames.

Not one word yet about Iran. Other than "they're going to do a practice wargame" with the other countries.

I guess time will tell.....hopefully our Gov. won't do any thing stupid to make them more angry with us.

Yeah right, when pigs fly!!!!

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 03:28 AM
link   

The size of the U.S. Navy as well as it's capabilities is so great that what is the point of a Naval exercise like this? In my opinion...if it is true at all...it just makes Russia and China look desperate. China has stated that it wants a Ocean going fleet but even if it started to build several carriers at once...it takes decades to properly train a crew and the U.S. is already looking at different forms of Force projection platforms.

Even as it stands now....Direct Energy Weapons are going to completely change how the U.S. designs it's Military from the largest carrier all the way down to the single soldier. Split Infinity

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity

You are here because Zion is about to be destroyed, its every living inhabitant terminated, its entire existence eradicated.

Zion being destroyed? WOW! And that's why I am...here? As in...posting?

LOL! First of all...do you know what is preventing the Israelis from Bombing Iranian Nuclear Sites? The U.S....that's who! The U.S. knows that to bomb these sites would Poison the whole Middle East. I am not an Israeli nor am I even Jewish but I do know that IRAN has an estimated 12 to 14 Month Leadership Lifespan. Iran has a population that is 70% under the age of 30 years old and 92% of the Iranian Population seeks a True Democracy so the U.S. plan for Iran is to simply wait.

What I said about Zion was a direct quote from the matrix.
Sorry you missed it, it was funny considering my avatar.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity

Some of you don't get it. The war with china and Russia begins with Syria and Iran. The last 30 years was used to encircle Iran. The Russians knew this plan and invaded Afghanistan before the u.s could, the u.s then trained bin laden and his group who later became alqaida to fight of the Russian invasion.

The war with China, Russia and Iran is inevitable. Enjoy the ride. It will be like no other. The earth will shake.
edit on 18-6-2012 by Shadow Herder because: (no reason given)

So just so there is no misunderstanding....you are saying that the United States will go to WAR with Russia, China and Iran? Split Infinity

You think Russia and China have been building super power status weapons and armies for the last 30 years for ships and giggles?

China and Russia have been building an arsenal to protect against the EU and USA. Why do you think there was a stink in the news that the U.S is pointing their missile shield and missiles at Russia?
NATO Missile system pointed at Russia

China and Russia have militaries that can barely defend their own massive borders. They are far more concerned with a conflcit with each other than they are with the US. That is why they both maintain bloated, conscripted, ground forces with old equipment. They lack any real naval power along with no strartegic airpower. In short, their militaries are not designed to fight the US, they are designed to fight each other.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 07:52 AM
link   

TEHRAN – An informed source has announced that Iran, Russia, China, and Syria plan to stage a joint war game in Syria in the near future, the Persian service of the Fars News Agency reported on Monday.

90,000 forces from the four countries will be involved in the war game, the informed source said.

No official from the countries has confirmed the news report, but a Syrian official, who spoke on conditional anonymity, announced that the joint war game will be launched in Syria.

www.tehrantimes.com...

I know, it says an " informed source" but it makes me wonder, why the War Game with multiple countries?

Is it against the Western World, afraid of a possible invasion? A show of force....

Or just a typical exercise, working together as one?

The NWO WANTS a nuclear WWIII & Russia/China are being forced to comply.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by jude11
With those 4 Nations working together...it's no coincidence. They know what's coming...

WW3 is shaping up IMO.

I believe it's time for those that don't have preparations like a B.O.B or a prearranged meeting place for friends/family...it's time to re-think your stance on preparedness.

Just my thoughts

Peace

Let's hope not......

I don't think it will lead to WW3 even if this war game happens. Russia&China are simply starting to do what the US & and its allies do; diplomacy through military power. The US has enjoyed military superiority for the past couple decades and that is coming to an end. This is the last stretch for the US to impose its will on the world, but its becoming clear that other big players are not so willing to be bystanders anymore.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join