It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

‘Iran, Russia, China, Syria to launch biggest joint war game in Mideast’

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   

TEHRAN – An informed source has announced that Iran, Russia, China, and Syria plan to stage a joint war game in Syria in the near future, the Persian service of the Fars News Agency reported on Monday.

90,000 forces from the four countries will be involved in the war game, the informed source said.

No official from the countries has confirmed the news report, but a Syrian official, who spoke on conditional anonymity, announced that the joint war game will be launched in Syria.

www.tehrantimes.com...

I know, it says an " informed source" but it makes me wonder, why the War Game with multiple countries?

Is it against the Western World, afraid of a possible invasion? A show of force....

Or just a typical exercise, working together as one?

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   
It could just be a war game... Could be an excuse to have Iran/Syria's allies in the same place.

Maybe these nations can see something coming and would prefer to be prepared as opposed to being caught off guard. Though this is all speculation.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   
So they are going to have a wargame in a country wracked by civil war? I call total and complete bunk on this.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Doubt it. With the economic sanctions the U.N. has on Iran they don't have the money to play with.. all the revenue they are bringing in is more than likely focused on their enrichment effort towards Uranium.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   
With those 4 Nations working together...it's no coincidence. They know what's coming...

WW3 is shaping up IMO.

I believe it's time for those that don't have preparations like a B.O.B or a prearranged meeting place for friends/family...it's time to re-think your stance on preparedness.

Just my thoughts

Peace

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   
This seems rather ominous.

With combined forces, and who knows what hardware, you could theoretically make one hell of an assault on any given area in the ME.

Could also have one hell of an "Accident"..

but.. time will tell, no doubt about it.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by snarky412

Some of you don't get it. The war with china and Russia begins with Syria and Iran. The last 30 years was used to encircle Iran. The Russians knew this plan and invaded Afghanistan before the u.s could, the u.s then trained bin laden and his group who later became alqaida to fight of the Russian invasion.

The war with China, Russia and Iran is inevitable. Enjoy the ride. It will be like no other. The earth will shake.
edit on 18-6-2012 by Shadow Herder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   
If true I would say a good excuse to move your pieces into position and get some joint training in before the big game,
not to mention drawing a line in the sand which someone was inevitably going to do 1 day.
The smallest weakling will only get pushed around so much before they snap even when confronted by the biggest opponent.
Take a look at School shootings in America, doesn't matter if it's suicide when someones is pushed to the edge the consequences aren't factored in anymore.

I should have been a jerno though, no proof required just unnamed un contactable sources who of course I'm never going to give up then throw in little to no consequence even when getting caught fabricating the lot.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   
IMO Iran won't be starting to join in straight away, this is from an Irainian news source and they would like to portray that they have more control of the situation and are more involved than they actualy are.

I do believe though, however, that these countries that have had their revolutions and are still hecktic (Syria, Lybia and Egypt, recently taken over in what is believed to be a military coup) are going to be the battle grounds of the next war between NATO countries, Russia and China.

Personaly i believe that they are having conflicts on who to install into power in these nations, namely Syria, for it's strategic positioning, it could potentialy cut off Russia from Iran as a trade route, and make things more difficult for the two countries, which is benifical to the NATO countries because it keeps the middle east more unstable between itself, and would relieve some strain of Israels back, having her enemies bicker amongst themselves instead of grouping up on Israel.

Egypt too, another vital player for both sides, being so close to Israel. Each side, NATO, Russia and China will have their own prefference of who they want to be in chanrge of these countries next. China and Russia will have more simular interests compared to NATO, so they will be more likely to compremise to form a stronger chance (such like Germany and Russia before they fell out in WW2)

I believe that it may be portrayed as a war game, or begin as one, but will turn out to be/turn into sending in re-enforcements to the Syrian governmnet.
edit on 18-6-2012 by Trolloks because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shadow Herder

Some of you don't get it. The war with china and Russia begins with Syria and Iran. The last 30 years was used to encircle Iran. The Russians knew this plan and invaded Afghanistan before the u.s could, the u.s then trained bin laden and his group who later became alqaida to fight of the Russian invasion.

The war with China, Russia and Iran is inevitable. Enjoy the ride. It will be like no other. The earth will shake.

So just so there is no misunderstanding....you are saying that the United States will go to WAR with Russia, China and Iran? Split Infinity

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   
I am sure it is all just fun and games for those safely tucked away in the bunkers. Not quite sure the innocent civilians caught in the cross fire will see it that way.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

It won't be just us. where gonna have most of the Euros and Israel!

The difference maker is going to be the south american countries and africa. And from the way things look, they don't seem to like us that much, hehe.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Shadow Herder

This I know for certain. There will be no Wars between the U.S. and Russia or China and Iran will probably implode from it's own citizenship.

The Moment that Iran shot off it's mouth and threatened to CLOSE THE STRAIT OF HORMUZ....Washington, Moscow and China were all on the phone together making deals and saying...HOW CAN IRAN BE THAT STUPID!?

There is only a few things that would force the U.S. to Attack Iran. One of these things is Iran trying to close the Strait of Hormuz...the other is Iran publicly stating that they have developed a Nuclear Weapon whether it is true or not.

Russia has a Natural Gas Pipeline than is connected to Iran which Russia distributes Natural Gas to Europe, Asia and many of the old Soviet Satellite States. Russia makes alot of Money on this pipeline distribution. The U.S. cut a deal that First...ISRAEL would not be allowed to Conventionally Bomb Iranian Nuclear Facilities...it also Guaranteed Russia if the U.S. had to go in to Iran...it would protect this pipeline.

A similar deal was made with China in which the U.S. Guarantees OIL SHIPMENTS to China should the U.S. have to go in. Neither Russia or China will do anything to prevent U.S. Military Action should Iran STUPIDLY choose to do either scenario I have stated. Both China and Russia know that without the U.S. stopping it...Israel would have already Bombed Iranian Nuclear Sites which would poison the Middle East with Radioactive Dust and Fuel.

Only the United States has the capability to go in and secure these sites without causing massive loss of life. The current Iranian Regime has only 12 to 14 Months of life left in it before an Iranian Population that is over 70% under the age of 30 years old and 92% in favor of a true Iranian Democracy...takes over. If the Old Guard want's to go out in a Blaze of Glory...the First Time Battle Field use of Non-Nuclear EMP's will occur.

The U.S. Fifth Fleet will first sink every Iranian Naval ship or Sub....destroy the entire Iranian Air Force...then 10's of Thousands of U.S. Rangers and Special Forces will seize all Iranian Nuclear Sites. If ongoing DIRECT MILITARY TO MILITARY talks fail...the U.S. will drop Non-Nuclear EMP Devices which will render any counter attack of U.S. Troops on the Ground Inert as these new weapons once used...destroy the electronics that make any Military Hardware Useless.

As in the IRAQ WAR...IRANIAN GENERALS and ADMIRALS do not want to become a statistic and consider confrontation with the U.S. Military...Suicide. This is why it is important to establish Navy to Navy communication around Iranian Leadership as the Leadership cares for not about having their whole Navy and Air Force destroyed as long as they can say they stood up to the United States. If I was a parent with an 18 year old Iranian Sailor on some old ship in the Strait...I would be scared to death. With any luck...nothing will happen...but if the Old Guard tries to start a Fight...the Iranian Military has been promised that it can be part of the Defense of a Free and Prosperous Iran. Split Infinity

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   
The Russians are reported recently to have a few different army units read to go to Syria....on standby as it were.....
The Iranis may have as many as 15000 troops already in Syria.......(rumour)
The whole idea is very cunning really....The hypocracy of one side balaned with the hypocracy of the other...each doing stuff they say they arent, and saying stuff they arent sure they want to back up nessesarily with arms....yet....
If true, could be a real game changer!

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity

Originally posted by Shadow Herder

So just so there is no misunderstanding....you are saying that the United States will go to WAR with Russia, China and Iran? Split Infinity

You think Russia and China have been building super power status weapons and armies for the last 30 years for ships and giggles?

China and Russia have been building an arsenal to protect against the EU and USA. Why do you think there was a stink in the news that the U.S is pointing their missile shield and missiles at Russia?
NATO Missile system pointed at Russia

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   
By any chance is the "exercise" called "Desert Shield"?

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   

China and Russia have been building an arsenal to protect against the EU and USA. Why do you think there was a stink in the news that the U.S is pointing their missile shield and missiles at Russia?

And the recent "test firing" of a missile to test the systems radar and responses?

www.rt.com...

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Shadow...I am "CIVILIAN" in the way the quotes denote. I work with the Best of the U.S. Military on occasion. Because of this relationship which has gone on since the 80's...I have quite a bit of knowledge about U.S. Military Capabilities as well as the Military capabilities of many other countries.

Let's first talk about China. China will not do anything that would piss off the United States beyond wording of Public Condemnation. Why is this so...because without firing a shot...the U.S. could bring China's economy to a standstill. What could China do if the U.S. stopped making Loan Payments as well as the U.S. forbidding any and all Chinese Goods shipments to the U.S.? NOTHING! China will not risk a war it cannot come close to winning against it's Largest by Far...Trading Partner.

Russia? Just WORDS. Russian Military Power is in a complete state of disarray with over 80% of Russian Military Hardware not Battle Ready. Even Mentioning Iran is a JOKE.

China and Russia are not going to stick their collective necks out for Syria or Iran other than a few words or at the very most...a few military shipments of material that will make no difference.

The U.S. Military is a Global Battle Hardened group of Volunteers that can be Force Projected anywhere...anytime. There is no comparison. Split Infinity

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

You are here because Zion is about to be destroyed, its every living inhabitant terminated, its entire existence eradicated.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by stirling

Russias troop status is supposed to revolve around protecting Russian nationals and military items in Syria if things go completely south.

Secondly to make an announcement of this magintude involving the militaries of several countries one would think those other countries would release a joint statement confirming and defining the situation, as is done every other time training is done.

Do we think Russia and China are going to place military units into a country where the rebels will see them as targets? Russia would get slammed above the others since their only concern seems to revolve around access to the Syrian port for their Black Sea fleet and access to the Med.

If they are in country and for some reason the opposition manages to take Syria, absent occupation by Russia their presence in Syria would most likely be done. I cant see Russia risking that big of a gamble and I certainly cant see China participating either since thier country is dependant on oil more so than any other nation due to their economy and her people.

I think this is just bluster.. I dont think its coincidental this release comes out just as the P5+1 talks get underway.
edit on 19-6-2012 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join