It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WAR: Iran Says Its Missiles Can Reach 1,250 Miles

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Iran has reported they are in possession of a new missile that can reach southern Europe. Iran also goes to say that if they are attacked by the USA or Israel, "the world will change". This new missile has much better range than the Shahab-3, which had an 850 mile range. Also in the article, Iran says it plans on launching a satellite into space next year, which could easily be used for military purposes.

story.news.yahoo.com
"Now we have the power to launch a missile with a 2,000 km (1,250 mile) range," the news agency IRNA quoted influential former President Akbar Hashemi Rafsanjani as saying. "Iran is determined to improve its military capabilities."

"If the Americans attack Iran, the world will change ... they will not dare to make such a mistake," Rafsanjani was quoted as saying in a speech at an exhibition on "Space and Stable National Security."

Tehran says its missiles are for defensive purposes and would be used to counter a possible Israeli or U.S. strike against its nuclear facilities.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

This is alarming to me, because it's the first real threatening rederick I've heard from Iran as reported by a viable source (Yahoo News). I think I read on these forums the other day about an Iranian military parade where banners read "Crush America" and "Wipe Israel off the Planet", but i can't remember any specific links about that.

[edit on 5-10-2004 by Banshee]

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 01:26 PM
link   
hmmm...

"...America will not dare make such a mistake..."

ok........ so here, we have a country, armed with conventional weapons, threatening AMERICA!!!
anything wrong?

dont they realize that America has 8,000+ nukes!?!

i dont know whether to laugh or cry...seriously...

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by DJAghetto
hmmm...

"...America will not dare make such a mistake..."

ok........ so here, we have a country, armed with conventional weapons, threatening AMERICA!!!
anything wrong?

dont they realize that America has 8,000+ nukes!?!

i dont know whether to laugh or cry...seriously...

that's right bucko, nothing to worry about.....nothing to see here folks,move along, move along......
Afterall, it's not like they'd be able to acquire any of the hundreds of missing former USSR Nukes to tip their new rockets with hey?
Only 2000klm range?
phooey!
like what can they hit with that besides any location in Israel?
Surely not any NATO bases in Europe!

that's right, you go back to sleep, the world will still be here tomorrow.....maybe

MTZ

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 06:17 PM
link   
If a nuclear tipped missile were to be used against lets say... Iraq, then a Draft could be issued tommorrow morning.This is very concerning news.

Good find, good story.

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by DJAghetto
anything wrong?

Why do you interpret it as 'threatening' America?
The post clearly states that the arsenal is a defensive deployment.
Why do people so easily, and so seemingly deliberately, misunderstand what is written in plain English?

U.

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 06:49 PM
link   
The answer is very simple: the world is lead by unilateralist loosers.

top topics

join