It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Women should not be allowed to own vehicles until they can learn to respect other peoples

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   
No offense but I probably throw the shiny, never gets dirty, jeep owners in with the soccer mom van club owners. I know, It's a jeep thing. I also know what a jeep can do off road.

As an auto detailer by trade, you should get to know a dent/paint chip person if not add it to your own skill set. It might not take 15 min to fix but it won't take days. For that matter, take the door off and drop it off to your new friend the paint chip guy. Refer clients to each other and make some coin.
edit on 6/19/2012 by staple because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   
I drive a land rover, it serves it's time on road and off road, yes I might have put the
Odd dinge in her but that is the point, I did it

I do agree about the jeep that doesn't see off road being pointless but even though
I don't mind if I damage it it doesn't make it okay for someone to bang a door or a
Shopping trolley off something that isn't theirs

I'm not sorry if I sound sexist because the main culprits of this are women

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   
men and women can both be horrible and irresponsible drivers, but soccer moms do take the cake. speeding and cutting people off, constantly see it in my neck of the woods.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by libertytoall

You sort of answered your own question. Society values people with money rather than character.....If you and your opinion want to be valued in this society you need money (how you get it doesn't matter). Funny how you think she should be controlled. lmao Life is too funny to be upset baby. I would think your complaint would be on what is valued rather than who should be controlled but hey..... we know we can't fix stupid now can we? hahaha

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Too bad about your car dude. Unfortunately if I were to accidently ding your car, and I admit it's possible because parking spaces are stupidly designed extra tight these days and my door's hinge mechanism is poorly designed so it tends to fly out of my grasp even though I'm very careful, I might run off without an apology too if I saw you giving me the stink eye over it. People are so crazy and unpredictable and will maim each other over the most minor provocations, that even trying to approach someone with a sincere apology can land you in the hospital. My local news is peppered with such incidents. I'm past my prime and heading to little old lady territory in a few years. I'm going to try and make myself as invisible to strangers as possible.

I do understand what you mean about entitled acting PEOPLE though. Men and women both have it and it runs across all demographics. You seem to notice more among women because your mental filter seems fixed that way, probably from other factors unrelated to the driving habits of privileged married women. I wish you could change that view but I imagine it doesn't matter and you are probably a very nice person even to women in your real life. Rants dont always reflect our true selves.

I do truly sympathize about the car. Mine is very special to me and I've had it half my life now. I don't have much money and none to spare getting it fixed. Every ding it gets pains me like a bruise on my own shin. But I accept that is the price of having to park it in congested metropolitan areas.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Did I say women can't drive violet? I don't believe I did

I said they are the main culprits for banging doors and
shopping trolleys Off other peoples vehicles

However if it makes you feel better I'll let you in on a secret, I think most women
Are terrible drivers and the roads would be a safer place without them on it

Sorry I don't have research to back that up for you but
I think we both Know it's the truth

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Wow OP .. what a sexist rant! .. stupidity and irresponsibility doesn't know a gender .. many people are capable of being irresponsible, I would almost say your rant was irresponsible to be honest..CERTAINLY disrespectful.. can you smell the hypocrisy? I sure can

I'm sorry about your vehicle but it doesn't warrant such blatant disrespect of an entire gender..

Not sure if you all remember the Brennan Eden incident a couple of years ago with the firebird that went airborn and was caught on dashcam as it exploded into an overpass, but I was driving right next to the guy in the silver mustang.. that was pretty stupid and irresponsible, I don't think his penis did much to save him from making that mistake..
edit on 6/19/2012 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Danforth

Lol if what you think is true, I wonder if that's because it's because women tend to be the ones running errands for their families at a fast clip on tight schedules. Not that it excuses carelessness but I do think my fellow moms get distracted and don't even have it register on their minds as important, again this is indeed self centered. But I wonder if that is behind what you claim to be noticing. An apology and offer to make it right should be forthcoming in these events. But so many men and women take door dings for granted and it probably doesn't even occur to them that some people actually go to the effort and expense of getting these things repaired. I know it never occurred to me until I saw this thread.

I personally would be dead broke if I tried to get the dings out of my car, the worst of which were caused by boys tossing a football around and hitting it many years ago when I had to park in the townhouse communal lot area by the tot lot.

Another factor to consider, and I submit this as a plea for understanding on behalf of my small build brothers and sisters, some doors are very heavy and big, and almost all of them have hinges designed to take the door out to certain degrees of openness. I've had the door of my own compact car and that of my husband's truck pull my arm hard to a position where the door swings out beyond where I meant it to, even though I was being careful. So in our garage I've hit both my car and my husband's car for this reason. It indicates no malice or carelessness on my part, just a reality I deal with most apologetically as a small person with limited upper body strength. If anyone wants to blame this on my gender and hate us for it, fine, I can't control people's hatreds. I do try in public to park out of the way when possible but sometimes with a kid in tow or many groceries to haul I have to take a spot closer in.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Danforth

I said they are the main culprits for banging doors and
shopping trolleys Off other peoples vehicles

However if it makes you feel better I'll let you in on a secret, I think most women
Are terrible drivers and the roads would be a safer place without them on it

I don't know that it's the truth, I drive just fine, have never gotten a ticket and have never been in an accident, so please, do enlighten me as to how Men are such better drivers....

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Yeah, I have a 7 month old Toyota Corolla. It is my first new car in my life. I baby that thing..Clean it by hand to avoid car washes, even bought a little vacuum for it, the best wipes, etc.

Now I have two dings in it. Not from a woman opening her car door into it. One is from a man that was letting his child push a grocery store kid cart out into the lot (it says on the cart to keep it inside). I emerged from the store as he stood there watching his little boy ram the cart into my driver's side door.
The second ding is on the back bumper from a man who backed up his SUV into it. He got out, inspected HIS bumper and jumped back in. Thankfully an old lady watched the whole thing and took down his plate for me since he didn't seem to think it was important to leave his information.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   

I'm not sorry if I sound sexist because the main culprits of this are women

1. you said that. i'm sorry your semantic memory is in shambles. but then again, you ARE a man and the structural differences in your brain will cause it to not work as well. and there ARE structural differences. look it up, if that's not too much for you.

2. if you not only believe that anecdotal evidence takes precedent over peer-reviewed research but also post this belief in a public space, then you've made yourself look dumber than i ever could and my work here is done. i think we both know it's the truth.

3. i cannot take anything you say seriously, with your atrocious spelling and punctuation. i've seen better writing in the inside of a bathroom stall. how old are you exactly? because based on your grasp of the written English language, you're probably not old enough to be on this site without asking mommy and daddy if it's OK first.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by vkey08

Better to knock on wood, Lady. The last time I said something like that, BAM!, it happened... just a precaution...
I think half the posters on here that are saying, "Get over it, it's just a car", are probably the ones guilty of doing this, male and female alike. If its "just a car", why have insurance? Just try crashing into someone and say, "well, its just a car..." and drive off especially if they're driving a Porsche or Lamborghini.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Hey OP, I'm REALLY sorry to hear that happened to you.

I have a brand new car, the first NEW car I've owned in over 10 years. Already has a scuff on the front right bumper and yesterday I noticed a chip on the right side, where someone obviously doored me. If I wasn't cleaning and waxing I probably wouldn't have noticed - but it's there and it kills me a little bit inside. Seriously.

Like you I take good care of my vehicles, both mechanically and aesthetically. I'm FURIOUS but I have no idea who did it or where it happened.

Also like you, I park in the back of the lot to avoid disrespectful people. I understand wanting to keep your ride looking cherry.. Those that don't probably drive beaters.

I do agree that your thread title is a little insensitive. I understand the type of woman you are talking about, but there are a bunch of d-bag dudes who fit the same description.

You should ask the store for parking lot security footage, maybe you can get a plate number. This is, in my consideration, a hit and run.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   
I think the OP ought to have been left to 'hang' with no responses!

2nd line

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mantis914
reply to post by vkey08

Better to knock on wood, Lady. The last time I said something like that, BAM!, it happened... just a precaution...
I think half the posters on here that are saying, "Get over it, it's just a car", are probably the ones guilty of doing this, male and female alike. If its "just a car", why have insurance? Just try crashing into someone and say, "well, its just a car..." and drive off especially if they're driving a Porsche or Lamborghini.

I drive a tank... a Ford Crown Vic, the thing has more dings and scrapes in it than I don't know what from being in parking lots etc...

Maybe I should make this a part of my Regent's platform....... to have a battle royale of the sexes (debate) to see which sex comes out on top.... nah..... I'd only get flustered and frustrated LOL...

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
reply to post by libertytoall

Interesting...I'm a Woman...have had a Man do the exact same thing to my car. Kinda takes the wind out of your sail...huh....

Des

like she said you really can not blame these incidents on women alone. Men do it also.

She could have gotten so nervous that all she could think of was to leave. especially when it was a guys car.

Sorry to hear about your accident though.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Stereo type much?!?!?

I can say the same thing about men since all dings and accidents I have been in have been caused by MEN.

I baby my car and had some dude drunk at a bar hit my car while backing out.

A few months ago I had a 19yr old drunk kid cross a median and hit me head on totaling my fiancees car.

Sorry your car got a ding but you can't group all women into this category. Maybe it's just where you live but where I am it's irresponsible young drivers who can't drive and tourists.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by vkey08

Originally posted by Mantis914
reply to post by vkey08

I drive a tank... a Ford Crown Vic, the thing has more dings and scrapes in it than I don't know what from being in parking lots etc...

Maybe I should make this a part of my Regent's platform....... to have a battle royale of the sexes (debate) to see which sex comes out on top.... nah..... I'd only get flustered and frustrated LOL...

Dang, you are relatively safe in that thing providing you don't get hit hard from the back. I drive a little Geo Storm and constantly have to remind people that I am there because they are trying to run me off the road in their big trucks and SUV's. I think the OP should have taken pictures of the woman's SUV including license plate and then made a police report.

No sense in stirring up a battle of the sexes. I, for one, appreciate females, flawed as they may be, but I'm just as flawed also...

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Wow, the OP is getting as many stars as those presenting counter-arguments saying it happens with both sexes. Which i agree with. Has ATS really become this sexist? Are we going to turn into Saudi Arabia and ban women from driving? Maybe begin female circumcision?

Such a moronic argument. Ive seen idiots of both sexes do this kind of thing. Ill just chalk this up as an OP who is either:

a) sexually frustrated,

b) has mommy issues

c) is gay and angry at women.

d) all off the above

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join