It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Women should not be allowed to own vehicles until they can learn to respect other peoples

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: libertytoall
Look at all the feminists coming out of the woodwork. I can't even take a female who says not to be materialistic seriously. Have you looked around and seen the extend of female based products? Makeup, purses, clothing, getting hair done, nails done, etc.. And you suggest women are not shallow or materialistic? Yet somehow I am for caring about my vehicle. HAHAHA

And horny pigs trolling for booty isn't shallow or materialistic? We can take shots at a person's gender all day long, but while they have their differences, at the end of the day, it all depends on what choices they make and weather or not they choose any particular shallow path, males and females alike.

Using your logic, I could just as easily insult you because of so many male's guiltiness regarding their mannerisms. You're a disgusting liar and you constantly brag about cheating on your girl.

See what I did there? That statement may not be true for you personally, but if we're just using bias stereotypes to argue, then what the hell? I guess that goes, right?

That's what you're doing.

No part of this thread is fair or balanced simply because of your bias disposition. Don't even try playing blind to it, because its apparent for everyone to see. Step out of the conservative closet please.

You're making me defend liberals here, and that does not sit well with me.

edit on Xx618101030AM610 by XxNightAngelusxX because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: XxNightAngelusxX

RANTS should not be fair nor balanced. RANTS are RANTS. If they were fair and balanced, I wouldnt bother reading them.

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 10:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Advantage

RANTS should not be fair nor balanced. RANTS are RANTS. If they were fair and balanced, I wouldnt bother reading them.

Yeah, but having a rant forum on a website intended for debating in itself is a little unbalanced. I've posted quite a lot of rants myself, and I paid the price. Sadly, there aren't many forgiving or empathetic souls on ATS.

This thread keeps popping up on "My ATS" and I just wanted to see what all the chatter was about. This thread is ancient.

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 10:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: XxNightAngelusxX

originally posted by: Advantage

Yeah, but having a rant forum on a website intended for debating in itself is a little unbalanced. I've posted quite a lot of rants myself, and I paid the price. Sadly, there aren't many forgiving or empathetic souls on ATS.

This thread keeps popping up on "My ATS" and I just wanted to see what all the chatter was about. This thread is ancient.

Meh.. off topic threads. When I first came here I NEVER posted on this scary side of ATS. This is the side where normal souls open a crack into their real selves, likes and dislikes, personal real life stuff, ..... and negative nancy cannibals come out of the woodwork to hurt them for no real reason. Personal stuff against someone who just wants to rant. If you pay attention to the rant section ( PARTICULARLY THE REPLIES TO AN OP) , you can REALLY get a sense of just who you are really talking to in other threads.

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 10:49 AM
link   

If you pay attention to the rant section ( PARTICULARLY THE REPLIES TO AN OP) , you can REALLY get a sense of just who you are really talking to in other threads.

I couldn't agree with you more.

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Advantage

Too many women are given a pass for being oblivious little fluff balls.

When it comes to cars being hit by shopping carts and car doors hitting other cars which can happen by a kid, a man a teen, a woman...anyone!!!, this statement is just ridiculous imo.

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Char-Lee
a reply to: Advantage

Too many women are given a pass for being oblivious little fluff balls.

When it comes to cars being hit by shopping carts and car doors hitting other cars which can happen by a kid, a man a teen, a woman...anyone!!!, this statement is just ridiculous imo.

Ridiculous statement?! Heck, my statements have been called MUCH worse. LOL!!

Its my opinion. Its all mine. I can have it and you will never take my ridiculous statements away... however, over my several decades Ive definitely seen many many more women than men,kids, teens with their oblivious little hands guiding that shopping cart. Im pulling it out of my ass, but Im sure statistically women DO the shopping more than men. .. and they will be encountered much more at a grocery store, department store, mall, etc. Hence, griping about my more fluffy vapid sisters is pretty valid.

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 11:14 PM
link   
a reply to: libertytoall

Hi you, are you calmed down? I mean after all your mom brought you into this world and maybe you were an absolute brat in the backseat of her car raising cane. You might call her up tonight and ask her if she ever once got distracted driving with kids in the car and multi-tasking a hundred things on her mind and thinking of everything she had to accomplish that day. Or not. Perhaps it was all serene and perfect and never once a bump along the road; I guess for some life is perfect like that. Me, I think if you're not making a mistake a day you're not doing anything; just hidden indoors and hiding out from the world. Again, that's what insurance is for; there is a whole big business built on insurance so its consumers who can make the claim. No one likes a dent in their day, but dents happen and bumps along the road, potholes, sink holes, crazy drivers and hail and ice and storms happen. Cars don't last, let me tell ya, I know. I've owned many.

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 07:53 AM
link   

You got your point across, but you pissed off a lot of members here.

Although I understand your frustration when someone is self-centered, and seemingly ignorant by not taking personal responsibility for their actions, attacking the female gender isn't the way to get your point across, especially when the incident just happened.

There are plenty of narcissistic self-centered people in this world, maybe next time take a day before posting and then type your rant on Word, leave it for 2 hours, then come back and read it, if what you have written sounds logical, non-inflammatory, post it for all to read.

If you would have focused more on the incident, minus the gender, minus talking about how you worship your car, and more on the careless way the person disregarded responsibility, then you would have gotten a better reception.

This will be forgotten in time and you have learned a valuable lesson in etiquette.

Peace,

RT

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 08:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: LadySkadi
Hrm....

Undiagnosed attachment disorder - to mechanical objects - could be

And there is nothing wrong with kissing and hugging my car.

.......................( RT runs off and cries over LadySkadi's comment )

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 08:15 AM
link   
I have seen countless men do this as well. A lot of parking lots are making parking spaces smaller so that more customers can come visit. Unless you drive a small Prius, you might have a problem fitting into a spot. I park as far away from the store as possible and walk. My car rarely gets banged and I get extra healthy steps in. Try it sometime.

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 08:18 AM
link   
yes but small parking spaces in a small town with a city near buy - thats alot of little town cars buzzing around and they dont take much space or cost much to drive.

For longer trips of hundreds of miles, you have to go with a larger "cruiser" style car like a saloon or estate, a town car is horrible to travel more than 20 miles in.

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 05:36 PM
link   

It sounds to me that the OP is living inside of his own selfish bubble.

First, you decide to degrade all women by the actions of one person. Wrong

Second, it sounds like your moral compass is a bit askew. If you care more about your car than being a decent human being. I don't blame the lady for running away from you. As you probably had the look of a murderer.

Next, washing your car 3 times a week sounds a bit obsessive to me. Not only is it a waste of money and time but it also is a waste of water and it contaminates our environment with chemical detergents.

Finally, I don't think the woman scratched your car on purpose accidents happen. Sometimes it's better to just let it go.

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 12:32 AM
link   
I would like to reiterate: posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 07:27 PM
The OP hasn't let this go, 2 years later. I am still waiting for someone else to acknowledge or address what it means when he hasn't let this go 2 whole years later.

If I am wrong to be concerned that he is still as upset 2 years later than he was the day he posted, please correct me.

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 02:22 AM
link   

They do a better job for just care their security only.
So they don't need to your feelings ,if your feelings against it.

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 08:10 AM
link   
It's the absolute lowest form of thinking and a sure sign of lack of intelligence and empathy to assign a behavior to a type of person.

Anyone can be an asshole.

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 09:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: libertytoall

Originally posted by LadySkadi
reply to post by libertytoall

You're saying basically it's my fault this poor excuse of a human being did this?? What you're saying is ludicrous!

no...it's your fault for painting all women as stupid because of your crappy car

It sucks you got a ding...I feel ya but there are two humungous lessons here

1. It IS just a ding. It's not like she accidentally dropped thermite through the engine. Yes she damaged it and should pay for it

but then...

2. You are prepared to write off all women on a few experiences

let's talk about men and cars shall we?

Here is a list of things I see men do CONSTANTLY

1. Riding motorcycles and splitting lanes at 25 mph over and then getting man when they cause their own wreck

2. Park like assholes because they care only for themselves

3. Speed and swap lanes constantly without a signal

4. Go into massive road rage when they themselves are cut off. I personally watched and called police on a guy who got off and took a bat to the other guy's car

So how about we title it "people should not...etc"

No instead you used this one experience (if true) to use as a standing point for your disagreement with females

congrats. You are indeed implying yourself to be sexist

oh and one last thing

I have had my car door slammed into 5 times in a row....by a guy

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 01:43 PM
link   

My hubby isn't to big of a speeder, but he does do the swapping lanes without a signal, if he does the light only blinks once before he shuts it off. Drives me up a wall. But does that mean all guys do that?

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 04:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: calstorm

My hubby isn't to big of a speeder, but he does do the swapping lanes without a signal, if he does the light only blinks once before he shuts it off. Drives me up a wall. But does that mean all guys do that?

friggin exactly!!!

That was my point. OP wants to paint all women as bad drivers or money grubbers because one of them dinged his door

meanwhile, many men are seen daily being jerks on the road...but you said it perfectly...that does NOT make all men bad drivers

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 05:53 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join