It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What lies above is sooooo much greater than what lies below

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   
I have read approximately 1,000 NDE's and while I believe those souls experienced those amazing effects, I have to wonder, if it's so great above, then what the hell are we dong here? Seriously......why are we here? I am not depressed or sad, but have to wonder what life is all about. I have often wondered why God has stated that materialism is wrong yet entices us to heaven with streets paved of gold and pearly gates. Isn't that a contradiction? I am extremely appreciative of ATS for it's forum of members who can postulate on this.

Mods, please move this to the appropriate forum. Thank you. Geez, I realized I posted on an incorrect thread but they wont let me post immediately. Trust me, I am soooo trying.
edit on 18-6-2012 by Gridrebel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Just check the post minutes
God, they can't freakin get it right
edit on 18-6-2012 by Gridrebel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Gridrebel

Sir, I've been clinically depressed - and the ponders you have are like me. Even after I found out esoteric truth (god if you will), I figured why should I live. Gravity is so heavy. Human bodies are so weak and we fumble. Life is sick and depressing.

Why am I here?

I'm a bubble of potentiality, a possibility, as the universe expands outwards like a star with a billion points, like a single bubble out of infinity - I am one fragment of the whole. I am an experience. I am an idea. If I die, it's ok. If I live, it's ok.

So I live to be happy and to help others.

When you die, you're not automatically elevated to the next stage, instead you may be reincarnated (time is irrelevant so you may go back in time) and you experience a different bubble of existence so you can learn lessons.

Nirvana and a-like requires understanding, peace, acceptance, and the power of mind and control, etc, etc.

For my purpose, Derick as a leader and 'rick' stout and strength gained from experience, I am to lead others and guide and aide to their ascension.

What about you?

edit on 18-6-2012 by derickonfire because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by derickonfire

WELL, we all have a reality we cling to, What is your passion? What is your love, your life??? Because if you had listened to Tebo msg, you would have heard:

Do I really love what I am doing
Am I passionate about it
Am I willing to sacrifice for it

Are you up to it????

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   
You're gonna get 150 different answers on this thread. 50 different answers from the Religious members, 50 different answers from the Atheist members, and 50 different answers from the Agnostic members. What you must realize is that in the end, you're gonna believe what you believe solely based on your experiences and everything life has thrown at you, you might have similar beliefs to others, but you're always gonna have that difference in your belief. I personally don't understand why we're here. Do I believe we were put here, yes, by who exactly... I don't know. But I am sure they are greater than us. As for God enticing us with material, I believe those are just things humans have emphasized for their personal pleasures in the afterlife. I personally don't think you'd be seeing any pearly gates or streets paved of Gold when God has better options, like Diamond.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   
First off, you are mistaken when you say that "god said" something. You are setting limits for yourself by believing other people. This is your story, and yours to find out. You are also taking religious texts literally, when they are merely metaphors. You will learn that true knowledge can not be passed by naming, labeling, or defining things... it is best spoken in analogies, metaphors, and other means.

EDIT: Focus on your own feelings, desires, and questions. They will lead you to your own answer. I am playing a role in your life, your reality, when you read the words that i type. I am merely an act of god, but based on perspective, i am another human just like you.
edit on 18-6-2012 by chadderson because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Your parents had sex, that is why you are here. Has been going on for a while now and someone has to take that position as new life enters. It is good you have a bigger picture to put some of the chaos and anarchy into context. Hope it helps in trying to not take it all to seriously, have fun and enjoy it while you can.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gridrebel
yet entices us to heaven with streets paved of gold and pearly gates. Isn't that a contradiction?

heaven is supposed to be a really nice place yo!

maybe it looks different for everyone.

peace ^_^

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
From my studies, materialism in itself is not bad. God created it, and wanted part of itself (us) to experience and learn from it. In giving us free will, people have chosen to separate from the good will of God and through selfishness have become trapped in materialism. In reuniting with the truth, this spirit which is the creative force, the material world can be the greatness that God had envisioned for us.. but only through our free will to be in service of that which is good. The material world is really just a physically representation of the state of our souls.

top topics

join