It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Leaders of the G20 submit in Mexico Were they shown the secret Mayan Documentary ?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

You have to wonder because at this point on our part much is still speculation. What do I mean? Simple

Much of science in any respect is still guesswork.....yes you heard me right...when faced with something that changes the current model of what we believe to be true.....we change the model to suit the new information with a best guess.

Now, none of us were around at all in the days of old and knights were bold and they had no toilet paper. History is often taken out of context because we do not have a solid common frame of reference other than what we speculate probably happened. Sure we can accurately guess what a artifact was used for and learn how to read ancient writings....but motive of a past long dead civilization is just a guess.

SO your guess is as good as anyone else.

And while there may not be proof of a flood, there was indeed proof of a catastrophic event that took place roughly 5300 years ago give or take 100 years. They are just now starting to understand what made the earth change overnight.....thats right, the event happened so fast it was unbelievable even to the scientists themselves as the plants they dug out of the ice sheets in the glaciers of Argentina were in perfectly preserved condition.

That kind of deep freeze means that it got cold very very quickly to protect the cellular structure of the plant in such a way.

Now with that being said....20 years ago we would have had no evidence of such an event...now we do.

So just because things don't currently fit doesn't mean that something wont fall into place later bucking that previous belief.

Best to keep your options open when considering others beliefs as at the very least being plausible, just not impossible....unless the claim is just absolutely so absurd you want to stick your head in a microwave because the very though makes your bum itch....in that case your probably right.

Just don't let the vein pop out of your forehead over something as trivial as whether or not we were squatting in a ditch shoving berries in our nose for 10000 years before we decided to invent pants.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by GrandHeretic

And while there may not be proof of a flood, there was indeed proof of a catastrophic event that took place roughly 5300 years ago give or take 100 years. They are just now starting to understand what made the earth change overnight.....thats right, the event happened so fast it was unbelievable even to the scientists themselves as the plants they dug out of the ice sheets in the glaciers of Argentina were in perfectly preserved condition.

That kind of deep freeze means that it got cold very very quickly to protect the cellular structure of the plant in such a way.

Could you provide a link or source for that statement?

Google only turns up articles on Ötzi the iceman. Nothing about a catastrophic event around that time.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by GrandHeretic

Made/Drew .....same principal I reckon, he conceived it mentally, which doesn't mean that one could not eventually come into being.

Completely different. Had he made it he would have realized it was a flop. It was man powered and a bit on the heavy side if you ever took a look at it.

We do know that the Egyptians knew all about complex surgery procedures

They had some rudimentary successes at best. Complex is simply baloney.

It just means that they were advanced in their thinking for the time.

Thats what I mean.

So you moved the goal posts. Big deal. The original statement made by ShadowHerder was wrong. Attempting to defend that statement by moving the goal posts is disingenuous.

SO the real question would be then, what is your definition of advanced? What makes a civilization advanced enough in living to be considered as such?

ShadowHerder claimed they had flying machines. Your attempt to claim that DaVinci made one was wrong. Your claim that made one/thought of one is the same is more malarkey.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Much of science in any respect is still guesswork.....yes you heard me right...when faced with something that changes the current model of what we believe to be true.....we change the model to suit the new information with a best guess.

Not surprised that you are clueless on how things are done in science.

Now, none of us were around at all in the days of old and knights were bold and they had no toilet paper. History is often taken out of context because we do not have a solid common frame of reference other than what we speculate probably happened. Sure we can accurately guess what a artifact was used for and learn how to read ancient writings....but motive of a past long dead civilization is just a guess.

SO your guess is as good as anyone else.

... they wiped their @$$ with broken glass and laughed because it itches

Your steps are not logical. No. When it comes to ancient civilizations and cultures some people's deductions are better than others. The reason is simple. They have invested more time in a certain field. You get better with more effort.

Again false. You are going right over the Egyptians who do not record anything like that. Epic fail.

Now with that being said....20 years ago we would have had no evidence of such an event...now we do.
You mistake local events for global and probably some hoax author's lunacy for reality.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   
All of this talk of ancient peoples with flying machines and cities of light got me to thinking about how hard it would be to carve a 64 bit processor with 8 gig of ram from a deer antler. That takes a special skill no longer available. Lost knowledge for sure. Not since Gilligan's Island have people been able to produce radios from cocoanuts, bamboo, and jungle vines. It's another lost art. Fred and his pal Barney Rubble used to chat over their Rockia cellphones. You don't see those beauties anymore. Kind of sad isn't it?

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   
I knew that the Egyptians were booming at that time. Here is an article about the oldest writing dated back to 5300BC.

www.trussel.com...

From we see that there is climate change and the Egyptians are going strong as are other civilizations.
en.wikipedia.org...

I noticed that they overlooked the invention of the submarine, helicopter, light bulb, and plastic pink flamingo all of which were huge exports for the ancient Egyptians.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist
reply to post by conspiracy88

Wow look everyone, we have a 10,000 year old human in our midst.

Wonderful. We have someone that needs to be walked through the story.
1. There is no geological evidence for a global flood.
Yes there is. I dont recall anyone saying the world flooded at once. This was a 40 day event. Could of been a swell due to some unknown force.

3. There is not enough water on Earth to inundate the world.

Who says the world flooded all at once. Swells, tsunamis, who knows, there is evidence of meteor strikes over the ice sheets. Keep in mind that the bible is probably the last source to mention the flood. out of thousands.

4. There are continuous overlapping settlements going back 100,000 years or more showing no catastrophe covering all of the places people lived.

Yet most of these ancient settlements around the world are being found underground and must be dug out. I.e they got buried some quite quickly.

5. Where is there any evidence for an ancient advanced civilization?
It all depends on what your little imagination attaches to the word 'advanced'. Keep in mind that presently many are perplexed on the topic of ancient building methods, logistics, and percision. We are perplexed at their silly stone walls.

6. Where is there ancient writing from an advanced civilization
Maybe their ancient writing was on paper. Lets see some paper survive over 10,000 years. We are not sure how people communicated. Maybe they had no need to write down history because who would forget it? They obviously werent expecting a great cataclysm.

7. Where are the parts, vehicles, factories or anything else from an advanced civilization?
Again, these things are our present advancements. To apply the same model 10000 years ago is stupid.

Where are the wires, glass, ceramics, plastics, or any other ancient artifact?
Again, why would you think that they had wires and plastics 10,000 years ago? The ancients were in a different age, we are in the petroleum age. Different ages son.

9. Where are the mines from this ancient civilization?
You seem to have a childish viewpoint on ancient advanced civilization. What makes you think they needed to mine metals on a large scale?

The reason we find nothing at all is because it never existed.

Ignorance is bliss eh.
edit on 19-6-2012 by Shadow Herder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Shadow Herder

Yes there is. I dont recall anyone saying the world flooded at once. This was a 40 day event. Could of been a swell due to some unknown force.

Last time I checked the bible it was over 300 days.

Who says the world flooded all at once. Swells, tsunamis, who knows, there is evidence of meteor strikes over the ice sheets. Keep in mind that the bible is probably the last source to mention the flood. out of thousands.

So the excuse is it never happened. OK.

Yet most of these ancient settlements around the world are being found underground and must be dug out. I.e they got buried some quite quickly.

Well there we go with a false statement. Of course if the settlement is in an erosional zone it is eroded. If it is in a depositional zone it is covered up and preserved. Fast? No. Due to a large scale event? Never.

It all depends on what your little imagination attaches to the word 'advanced'. Keep in mind that presently many are perplexed on the topic of ancient building methods, logistics, and percision. We are perplexed at their silly stone walls.

Moving the goal posts? Yup. Amounts to a tacit admittance of error.

Maybe their ancient writing was on paper. Lets see some paper survive over 10,000 years. We are not sure how people communicated. Maybe they had no need to write down history because who would forget it? They obviously werent expecting a great cataclysm.

Excuses, excuses. The oldest known writing is on paper and it is 5300 years old.

Again, these things are our present advancements. To apply the same model 10000 years ago is stupid.

Nothing has been found and your excuse is terrible.

You seem to have a childish viewpoint on ancient advanced civilization. What makes you think they needed to mine metals on a large scale?

More bad excuses. Someone makes a wacko statement and instead of doing the Homer Simpson doh they take the politicians path and magnify the problem.

Ignorance is bliss eh.

And that is what the closed mind says loudly. The rest of us know that the claims you made are ludicrous.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   
did it include that part where men were once made of amber, wood and mud ?

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Shadow Herder

I believe there was some kind of flood long time ago, The writings come from all over the world. I'd believe all the writings before I believed "a lack of scientific evidence of the flood" as proof of it never happening. Aren't those writings evidence? I see lots of scientists stating there could have been some tragic event some time in history but to link all the locations to the same exact time would be nearly impossible. That doesn't mean it didn't happen though. Many of the writings note that a lot of the water came from within the earth. Springs gone wild, possibly of a massive worldwide seismic event that liquified the crust and allowed the water to gush out. Maybe a pile of huge aquifers collapsing. They saw something but may not have known exactly what caused it. Things were passed on verbally for many generations. Pictures and symbols reminded people of the events and warned them.

We've used most of our aquifers water and pumped the oil out. We won't have to worry about anything like that happening again

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 03:10 AM
link   

Heretic (per Merriam Webster)

1: a dissenter from established religious dogma; especially : a baptized member of the Roman Catholic Church who disavows a revealed truth
2: one who dissents from an accepted belief or doctrine : nonconformist

Whether anyone is right or wrong here is a matter or perspective. I put that there for a reason....I feel like your not grasping my purpose here in its entirety.

And yes, most science is guess work...just get a medical condition that doctors cannot pin down and you will see very quickly what i mean by that.

Your inability to read between the lines of "what if" is slightly depressing...are you always this rigid? truthfully sometimes this is better than cable.

The point is that granted while you may be correct in many points (that we know of in society), the ability to take another point of view and use some imagination on your part on what may be is paramount in understanding why people believe what they do.

My purpose was to further the thread with more in depth explaination on both parties and to gain insight with the hope that even though you disagree, you could entertain the possibility of an idea that seems alien to you.

And the results are in.....

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 04:30 AM
link   
There is no such thing as the ''mayan calendar'' or ''mayan secrets''.The calandar and the secrets that are spoken of belonged to the previous people who were killed off by the Mayans.....who were savages.Just because a people killed off the native population and settled there does not mean that what they looted and found out about was theirs.
edit on 20/6/12 by Viking9019 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 07:43 AM
link   

And yes, most science is guess work...just get a medical condition that doctors cannot pin down and you will see very quickly what i mean by that.

No. You are confused here. Medicine is as much art as it is science. In a complex system such as the weather or a living organism it is not possible to be predictive or to assess each situation. That is where the art comes into play. Guesses are made that might be right. That does not mean that any of the science is guesswork. In your case the condition is being guessed, not the science. The guess is in the application.

Your inability to read between the lines of "what if" is slightly depressing...are you always this rigid? truthfully sometimes this is better than cable.

The point is that granted while you may be correct in many points (that we know of in society), the ability to take another point of view and use some imagination on your part on what may be is paramount in understanding why people believe what they do.

Why guess on things that are false? Why not eliminate the the irrelevant and false paths during a search? Use what is known to explore an issue.

Are you going to tell us about this event from 5300 years ago or did you just make that up?

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   

You are as logical as you are surly in your words.....

very well, around 5200 years ago in what is now south america something catostophic took place. The climate changed seeminly over night (according to the video...looking for it now) transforming the jungle type climate to a sheet of ice in what is now a glacier. This may or may not have effected all of the continents which would explain your eygpt theory as their place in the timeline remained.

Story can be read HERE

When I find the video I'll let you know.....but the idea is that anything can happen as long as we concede that it is certainly possible. It doesnt mean that it did happen, but it does not have to remain an impossibility for such a thing to have possibly occured. Just because we have nothing to go on at the moment, doesn't mean that we wont later.

Does that make sense?

btw- Science models of what they thought they knew and what is actually being witnessed now and days are entirly different. Especially where space is concerned as there have been a few instances that have had them dragging feet to rewrite what they thought was true and are now finding out that it just doesnt fit anymore due to what they are now seeing live in space. Thus having to go back and rewrite Einstien.

Technology has helped in that it has given this civilization a clearer picture of what is and what isn't. i never said that there was no truth in science, I just pointed out that every once in a while they have to change the rules.

Medically speaking...their art is lacking .... they have yet to figure out why they had to remove 2 of my organs as no real good reason exists as to why they went hooey and they had to pull them out.

So I tend to reject the art and medicine notion.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Thanks for posting the link!

Good read, but I believe that you misunderstood. The glacier itself didn't appear over night 5200 years ago. Given the altitude of the region the glacier has been there a long time before that, especially since the summit of one area is at 21,074 feet.

The areas that they found the plants you are talking about was at the edges of the glacial ice sheet, and believe that it indicates an abrupt climate change in the area around 5,200 years ago (along with another change around 2,200 years ago).

Keep in mind conditions in one part of the Earth may or may not affect other areas. This past winter was a great example of that. A large chunk of Europe was in a deep freeze with a lot of snow fall and people freezing to death, where as over here in large areas of the US and Canada we had a very mild and warm winter, with temps making it like spring here.

When you say "Advanced" for civilizations, be aware that the word can be rather grey in meaning. We would consider most civilizations on the face of the Earth right now as "advanced" if we compare it to how things were in the past, because we measure it with things like knowledge of the world itself, spread of settlements, structures we have built, and tools that we use, and yes, even weapons that we use.

One could call more ancient cultures "advanced" too, if we are comparing them to what they or others were before them. We could call the ancient Egyptians advanced if we compare them to neolithic cultures prior to them.

The reason metals was brought up is because of our use of metals. Everything from tools to weapons to jewelry. Metal can be heated and shaped into what we need a much lower temps than rock. You can make much more precise things with metal than you can rock. And most of these metals need to be mined.
You can sit there and say "maybe they didn't have a need or use for metals." but then that begs the question of: what did they use for tools then? Rocks only? If that's true, then no, they were not even as advanced as some of the most well known ancient cultures that we do know of.

Someone mentioned about things getting buried quickly. I live in the country out here. It's a daily battle with the plants trying to take back over what I have cleared. They climb up my house, invade my garden and if left unchecked, in just a few short years would consume the area. We see it all the time around here from old abandoned homes. And we live in a temperate area. Each time we have heavy rains, my driveway gets washed out and covers the paved road at the end of it. I have to go out and move all that dirt and sandy clay back up on to my drive way. If I stopped doing this, and if no one uses the road anymore, it would get completely buried under several feet of dirt.

We can leave our mark, but the Earth has many ways to take it back and keep it hidden.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Thanks for the article.
I knew that there was a climate change back then. One of the ideas has been that spread out groups of people were forced to water sources such as rivers due to the climate change. The event caused a change in lifestyle for people.

Science models of what they thought they knew and what is actually being witnessed now and days are entirly different. Especially where space is concerned as there have been a few instances that have had them dragging feet to rewrite what they thought was true and are now finding out that it just doesnt fit anymore due to what they are now seeing live in space. Thus having to go back and rewrite Einstien

Th beauty of science is that it is willing to change. The incremental effort and testing and retesting is not really foot dragging. It is done to avoid making mistakes and following mistakes.

When scientific principles are applied to Earthbound engineering problems just about everything is still being made using Newtonian physics. It works. It is predictive. Bridges, cars, buildings, and so forth can all be made very well without resorting to relativistic issues.

Medically speaking...their art is lacking .... they have yet to figure out why they had to remove 2 of my organs as no real good reason exists as to why they went hooey and they had to pull them out.

So I tend to reject the art and medicine notion.

Medicine is not science. It is an application of science just as light bulbs are not science but an application of science. Medicine is difficult because of the many confounding issues. That is why I suggest it is more art than science.
edit on 20-6-2012 by stereologist because: needed a thumbs up

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Thats all well and good but geological events have a habit of leaving traces behind. We know when and where the big floods were. We know where the volcanos erupted. We know where earthquakes changed the landscape and we know where glaciers scrapped and scarred the land because these types of events always leave scars behind and those scars can be researched and their causes found.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by eriktheawful

What did you wind up having for dinner?

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by GrandHeretic
reply to post by karen61057

Made/Drew .....same principal I reckon, he conceived it mentally, which doesn't mean that one could not eventually come into being.

And no honestly I don't really believe in the uber advanced civilization theory...not in the technological sense. We do know that the Egyptians knew all about complex surgery procedures and even the ancient Sumerians had a wisp of knowledge to them....that doesn't mean they were advanced technologically, It just means that they were advanced in their thinking for the time.

Thats what I mean.

SO the real question would be then, what is your definition of advanced? What makes a civilization advanced enough in living to be considered as such?

Hmmmmm?

Made drew same thing? Try that with your boss. Tell him/her I thought about doing my job. Isnt that the same as doing it ? I can concieve a beautiful beach house on the eastern shore for myself. That doesnt get me the keys to the front door or put me in the back yard with a spatula in my hand as I barbeque for all my friends and family.

And why is my defination of an advanced civilization the real question when we are supposed to be discussing the G20 summit covering the 2012 thing ? What I think signifies advancment doesnt mean a thing to the topic at hand.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   

The Rockia modles were way too heavy and cumbersome. They needed a holster to carry them. LOL. This is more fun than arguing the reality of such things anyway.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join