Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

ATS REGENT ELECTION: The Anarchists for Gaia Party.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   
I'll take this moment to announce my party and platform:

It's with certain intent and much regret that society has become a blistering mass of greed and destruction. Therefore, I intend to run under the Anarchists of Gaia Party. I'll proceed by laying out a few important distinctions in this particular platform.

1) We are alone in this universe. There are no ET's or aliens. However, the primary aspect of this party is to initiate a comprehensive world wide consortium to develop feasible interstellar travel. I realize there are those who are upset on my stance on extra-terrestrial life. Anyone in politics knows that you can't please everyone all the time. I take this stance to show my support for hard science, and realize this upsets some. Yes, I may alienate some individuals, but I believe that there are enough members who realize that without utilizing facts, there is no way to progress into the future. My administration promises to heavily fund scientific endeavors, with the ultimate goal of colonizing the stars.

2) People, by nature, are able to make their own decisions in life, and therefore the role of government should be minimally invasive. Unfortunately, that's not the way it currently is. The current system of government is corrupted, no doubt, and therefore we seek to disband the current federal system into localized regions worldwide. The current fiat currencies will be replaced with a single monetary system, and a new constitution of humans rights will be created. Wealth is imaginary. By necessity, the size of government will be trimmed to a more realistic level.

3) The development of "green science" will be funded as the highest priority. All nuclear power plants are to be decommissioned by 2016.

4) Freedom will be restored to individuals, and the collective efforts of humanity will determine a new level of "common sense" in human rights. Only after extreme effort will we be able to unify our species and create a better future for all mankind.

In order to be elected to this position, the ATS Regent needs to be compassionate as well as caring. This isn't a mud-slinging contest, but rather a serious undertaking to consider the possibilities of a "workable" system of government.

While there are other members that would definitely be suited to the role, I feel I am qualified on the simple basis of being able to look at an issue from many different angles, and that I listen to the people that contribute here. From my platform, there is no right person or wrong person, but a majority vote utilized to solve the issues before us. With hard work from all, our goal can be achieved.

Am I qualified? Well, considering the fact that my party is a new conceptual creation, I'm sure that some of you would say no. The Anarchists for Gaia Party addresses both the short and long term solutions to the problems that face us today, and with your support we'll be able to herald in a lifestyle that is fair and equal to all.

I am the candidate that can step back, look at the bigger picture, and share possible solutions that are mutually agreeable. I don't wish to further divide the nations of this great planet, I wish to join them together.

There are many members from the UK, and the rest of Europe, Australia, Asia, and Africa, so we shouldn't solely deal with the domestic policy of the United States. I would think an individual would work to find solutions to the world's problems, not specifically that of a single country. As ATS is a worldwide forum of information, with the motto of "Deny Ignorance," the candidate for the position of ATS Regent should have worldwide affairs tightly incorporated into the platform. I believe I have.

The choice for my party's title is simple. Anarchy is an unpopular and often misunderstood political position, and a relative of Libertarianism. Anarchists believe that people can rule themselves, and prefer the minimal amount of interference in their lives. Realistically, I will admit to the necessity of a "Final Authority", to solve those issues more complex than day to day life, so the position of anarchy is directly opposed to such failed terms like democracy, republic, and commune.

Furthermore, "for Gaia" brings a meaning to our existence, a feeling bereft from current politics. Gaia is another term for a theory concerning the self-regulating biosphere of this planet that we live upon.

The Gaia hypothesis, also known as Gaia theory or Gaia principle, proposes that all organisms and their inorganic surroundings on Earth are closely integrated to form a single and self-regulating complex system, maintaining the conditions for life on the planet.
Source

We live today in a fragile state of affairs.

Honestly, we are in the middle of an inter-glacial period, a recurring theme in the geological record. We could be one coronal mass ejection, one asteroid away from extinction. You are all members of ATS, so you realize as well as I do that this planet we live upon is delicate enough, and some of you can even feel the tension in the earth herself. One major earthquake, a tsunami, and one island is left partially uninhabitable, perhaps for hundreds of years. There are volcanoes the world over, the eruption of which could cause another glacial period.

Can we control anything? Can we predict our own demise? Can we prepare?

I think humanity has become callous to a possible ELE. Before our own pride ruins us, I'd like to see us expand beyond the scope of a single planet, and seriously endeavor colonies on the Moon, Mars, and from there the stars. It's a lofty goal, with a huge price tag, but I think humanity is worth saving, and with our advanced levels of knowledge, need not go the way of the dinosaurs. Colonies on other planets ensure the survival of the human race, however it will take the resources and intelligence of all the citizens of this planet, and cooperation previously unseen between nations, we can achieve this goal.

Feel free to ask any questions about my party's platform. Transparency should be a key word in this election.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Well done, great thread. As a peaceful Anarcho-Primitivist myself, I also support the dissolving of social hierarchies and establishing true sovereignty of the individual. I support your effort to awaken others with an S&F!

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   
That was very well written.

Feel free to ask any questions about my party's platform. Transparency should be a key word in this election.

What is your stance on people that start threads telling the moderators they are allowed to move the thread? How many lashings should they receive?

How do you feel about free catnip for all?

Also, who is going to be the higher authority? Will they be elected?
edit on 18-6-2012 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   
LIBERTARIAN PARTY OF COMMON SENSE

Meets you with:

I hear a whole lot of adjectives in that little speech, but few verbs.
You claim to be able to view the world through logical goggles, and you look at things from different angles, and have common sense.

And yet your first announcement was that we are alone in the universe

Then you claim, you will do all we can to colonise the stars. First off, that sound exspensive, my priority would have been those kids in africa, seconding, I think we'd be colonising planets, not stars

Then, you would like to make a single currency. So much for looking at things from a different angle, lol, what next? One government?

More human rights? Name some.

Decommission nuclear power by 2016, please, elaborate.

Fund "green science", once more, elaborate

Tar,

Vote Sinny! *LP*C*S

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

Member *Bezzer* is the higher authority, and I shall be the one to be elected

Also Druid, link this in the original elections thread incase anyone misses it, we can kind of keep track of things then
edit on 18-6-2012 by Sinny because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   
I will also address several other issues no less important to my campaign, in no particular order:

1) Abortion: It's a woman's body, and her choice. A woman herself knows that it is the right time to reproduce or not. If the woman chooses abortion, it should be in a dignified, sanitary, and private situation. There is no right for any body of government to alter that fact. Pregnancy is personal, and so is bringing a new life into this world. There is no justice in making that decision for them.

2) Education: There are ATS members with children, and without. No one will disagree with the value of a solid education, but yet is very expensive to pursue secondary education, and that results in many young minds not being able to afford college. This platform espouses extra funding to provide free college education for deserving individuals who wish to pursue furthering their knowledge. Money should not be a fence that blocks the road for a young individual from becoming a brilliant one.

3) Taxation: It's the lifeblood of any government. The more taxes they incur, the more opulent they become. That is a travesty against humanity. There has never been a study that I'm aware of that would point to a basic sustenance level for a government to function, and a minimal tax ratio. Instead, the governments mindlessly spend, and spend. There is simply no accountability anymore. This platform seeks to remedy those two basic malfunctions within the government. We'll examine which taxes can be cut, mainly income tax, and reduce the waste, yes, waste, in government spending. Less taxes means more money for an individual to pump back into an economy, which is the feedback mechanism for the economy to thrive.

4) Peak Oil: We have become dependent on oil. That is a major concern of this campaign. If you buy into the peak oil theories, we have already used half of the world's viable oil reserves, and usage is growing at an exponential rate. That is an unsustainable model, yet nothing is being done to prevent it. In fact, wars are "justified" in order to secure rights to oil wells. Our bloated military budget is in place to ensure we have the military ability to secure any reserves we choose. That sickens me as a member of this planet, for nothing is done to ensure a reliable method of energy that doesn't depend on oil. This administration will ensure "alternative energy" is finally given the credit is due, with grants given to the most feasible designs. We need to end our dependence on oil, period.

5) Terrorism: The "War in Terror" is another waste of resources designed to take away more of our rights. We need to address our limited thinking here, briefly. Why is there terrorism? Is it because Islam is a religion of fanatics that want to wipe out all capitalistic societies? Hardly. Islam is a peaceful religion in the same aspect that Christianity is. Bad people do bad things, and a few dictate the mindset of everyone else. That is wrong. There will always be injustice in the world, at least until this administration pieces together the schisms in today's society. The bad people that do bad things are uneducated zealots. We need to focus more on promoting healthy ideas of co-habitation on this planet, and reduce the reasons why those zealots hate us so much. It's a difficult, but workable solution, and it's based on greed and poverty. I'll be addressing those issues later in this campaign, and provide a reasonable explanation for a solution.

6) The Death Penalty: I thought I'd bring up this subject as well, because it is an issue in every country in the world. What right does any group have to take the life of another away? It ties in perfectly with the abortion issues, namely, ending a life. If a woman may choose to end a life before it's given a name in society, the society surely has the right to end an individual's life for crimes against humanity. What crimes justify death for your actions? Murder, period. Taking the life of another individual results in your own death. That's the position I support on this platform.

Please feel free to ask for clarification on these issues that I present to you. Add your comments.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinny

So linked!

Good luck!

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

What is your stance on people that start threads telling the moderators they are allowed to move the thread? How many lashings should they receive?

How many lashes did you receive the first time you asked that? Personally, I have never asked if I was posting in the right forum. I'll bet your answer is the same.

Those that ask that infernal request all ALWAYS under 500 posters. They figure it out sooner or later. However, if I ever see YOU ask that of the mods, I'll personally give you a lash for every character in your post. OUCH! We are supposed to be supportive of the newer members. Only with guidance will they become awesome posters like you.

How do you feel about free catnip for all?

The first three crops on the new moon base are going to be wheat, corn, and catnip. You'll have to wait for the first shipment to arrive back to earth, but I'll make sure the transit weight is surcharge free. You will also be able to get a ninety percent discount if you enroll a relative in the "Moonbase Catnip" program. Sorry, but we can't produce catnip for free on the moon.

Also, who is going to be the higher authority? Will they be elected?

Of course they will be elected. Qualifications for the positions will be garnered after the election, or gleaned privately through u2u.

Thank you for your interest in my campaign.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Strangely enough DRUID, your 2nd more indepth post, is close to being in my thought book.

We have similar views, keep your voice heard in the race! Depending how it goes, we may have to form allies! Lol
edit on 18-6-2012 by Sinny because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

How many lashes did you receive the first time you asked that? Personally, I have never asked if I was posting in the right forum. I'll bet your answer is the same. Those that ask that infernal request all ALWAYS under 500 posters. They figure it out sooner or later. However, if I ever see YOU ask that of the mods, I'll personally give you a lash for every character in your post. OUCH! We are supposed to be supportive of the newer members. Only with guidance will they become awesome posters like you.

I am pretty sure I have never asked that. I have seen members with upwards of 5,000 posts say that. I suppose I better watch my fluffy white ass if you're going to dole out a smack for every word! Hey, I'm nice to new members! How dare you mock my awesome postings!?

The first three crops on the new moon base are going to be wheat, corn, and catnip. You'll have to wait for the first shipment to arrive back to earth, but I'll make sure the transit weight is surcharge free. You will also be able to get a ninety percent discount if you enroll a relative in the "Moonbase Catnip" program. Sorry, but we can't produce catnip for free on the moon.

Well as long as there will be something in place to supply the important part of the population with delicious nips. That's what we call it on the street, 'nips'.

Of course they will be elected. Qualifications for the positions will be garnered after the election, or gleaned privately through u2u.

Backroom politics eh? If I were to bring you, say a dead mouse, would that garner some favor? Perhaps a bird? I'll be sure to put it somewhere unexpected.

What guarantee do we have that you won't use your bee army against those that would question your governing tactics?

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

Well done, well written.

You're definitely in the top ranks.

Do you like chicken?

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinny

It's good to see other candidates visiting my campaign HQ. (True, your thread containing your platform is now officially your own campaign's HQ. Do you have one?

And yet your first announcement was that we are alone in the universe

Do you have proof otherwise? Honestly, it's a political stance. It's intended to "alienate" people from voting for me.

Then you claim, you will do all we can to colonize the stars. First off, that sound expensive, my priority would have been those kids in Africa, secondly, I think we'd be colonizing planets, not stars

After establishing bases in our own solar system, and the ability to develop warp drives in zero gee, yes, ships to travel to other star systems are the next logical step. Warp drives CANNOT be developed within the gravity field of the earth. We need space docks to create such drives, to the point of not needing solid fuel to escape the gravity well of a planet.

With the economy switched to a global basis sans greed, there'll be more than enough resources to feed the kids in Africa, as well as develop interstellar travel.

Sorry for the misnomer, but "colonize the stars" denotes colonizing the planets within any particular habitable star system. Gliese-581 c is a good possibility, orbiting the red dwarf Gliese-581. Sorry for inducing nomenclature this early in the campaign.

Then, you would like to make a single currency. So much for looking at things from a different angle, lol, what next? One government?

A worldwide currency only makes sense. You'll end market manipulation of currency values. China will no longer be able to hold the Yen at it's current state.

Not one government, but many nations with governments that when they can't decide something themselves, they defer to the decision of the "world's government". Not the UN, but a different Beast.

More human rights? Name some.

How about free healthcare? How about freedom from poverty? This platform seeks to re-enforce those other "unalienable" rights that we've had slowly taken from us.

Decommission nuclear power by 2016, please, elaborate.

Four years is a reasonable goal if I'm elected and allowed to let my "green campaign" to ensue. Heavy funding into renewable resources creates jobs, and it's already proven that 90 % of Denmark's power comes from off-shore floating windmills. There's no reason, other than American politicians keeping us tied to the old "oil" dependent train of thought. If Denmark can produce off-shore wind power, and Brazil convert to 100% Ethanol, there's no reason we can't pursue other "alternatives". It's the current politicians that prevent funding for such endeavors.

Following the examples of other countries should be the basis for domestic energy production.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Netties Hermit

Do you like chicken?

Yes. I'm omnivorous. I sustain myself with a balance of both meat and vegetables. I also have a recipe for a mean "Chicken Brent" if you are interested, but you'll have to watch the movie, "Cloudy, with a chance of Meatballs."

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinny

Depending how it goes, we may have to form allies!

Politics are brutal. I am not opposed to other parties folding into my major agenda. There is strength in numbers, and there are other parties to contend with.

It's still early.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

What guarantee do we have that you won't use your bee army against those that would question your governing tactics?

It's the "for Gaia" platform. Noone, nor any critter, needs to suffer, once you realize we are all stuck on this same stupid rock.

However, that may not hold true once we establish the Mars base. My hives from Mars may invade the Earth. Gotta teach the bees to fly though a vacuum first.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

Thank you.

I just tried to edit my post in nenothtu's thread to add you to my favourites but have surpassed my 4 hour _

Consider yourself favour-tised. (Even though I am still impartial at this stage.)

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Here's a series of Q&A made by the ATS Regent Press Agents. I'm informed that they'll be making their rounds.

You have made the statement: "people can rule themselves"

However, many would beg to differ with this, a decidedly unSocratean statement. How do you see this viewpoint played out within the ATS virtual world of denying ignorance?

Answer: People can decide for themselves, yet they refuse to, due to years of programming by that infernal device called the television. People used to be able to think for themselves, yet now, they seek answers instead of rationalizing for themselves. The motto of ATS is a very addictive MEME, and it permeates more completely the longer an individual spends time here. The more time you spend logged in, and read, the less ignorant you become. Some are thicker than others, and take a bit longer, but over 500 posts, and you begin to see the light.

In what way do you believe you can be an advocate for the people of the world here on ATS?

Obviously, there are no "click your heels together" answers as in The Wizard of OZ, but there is the resolve to help others find answers to their questions. Many here are seasoned members, and with their help, functioning as a community, I see my flaws enhanced by their wisdom. It's only by standing on the shoulders of giants that you can see farther. I learn every time I log in, and my understanding of the world around me is far from complete. My answer would be to realize that there is not enough time in your life to learn everything, so you have to pick a few favorite topics, and go from there. My role as Regent is hollow when compared to the ability to make a post that brings more meaning into a person's life.

Do you see your views which may differ in some areas with some of the peoples of the world (such as your stance on extra terrestrial life) ever getting in the way of being a good and decent advocate for the peoples of the world?

Of course not. I am open minded, and will never, nor have ever, ridiculed an individual for making a thread here. If you think you have a realistic image of a ufo and present it here, the membership will decide it's validity. I base my platform on facts, not speculation, though I will admit it is healthy to speculate periodically. It keeps the logical centers in your brain from overruling emotive responses. Sometimes, you just have to say that the picture invokes emotion. You can't always remain a "Spock" in your thinking, you have to be flexible. That's just the way I am.

Do you believe that some laws currently at work in our world to be a hinderance to the peoples of the ATS virtual world?--such as the banning of OldCorps and subsequent refusal to address any of the peoples questions regarding the matter. Do such things sound like totalitarianism to you and do you believe they are incorrect as seen in current fashion?

I was a reader of OldCorps. He did a video series, which I thought was cool, however bland. He got banned, because of his actions which violated the T&Cs.

It's not totalitarianism at all, it's a privately owned website. There are strict rules in place, for good reason. I've read old threads, and there have been several unsavory events since the conception of ATS, and I will uphold every rule that ATS currently has. Having actually read complete threads from 2005, I have a good understanding of why the T&Cs are in place, and will state for the record that such a system is required. Rules, especially those resulting from past experience, are necessary and fair. It follows closely with my platform, disobey the rules, and suffer the repercussions. I know that ATS is fair, so when they ban a member, it is for a just reason. Sorry, I am, for the member that couldn't conform.

What do you personally see the role of Regent of the ATS virtual world to be, and how do you intend to fulfill such a lofty responsibility?

It's an imaginary position that is ceremonial only. I don't get extra anything for being Regent. However, I would be diligent in my usage of the "alert" button, and would remain as I am now, helping others learning, and continuing the efforts of all to make ATS the best forum on the internet.

How would you address the current mudslinging going on in this election? Do you believe mudslinging to be an effective campaign strategy or do you see it as against morals and standards?

It's a clever strategy to get candidates to show their true colors. I will say that people need to remain open-minded, and not be polluted with anything that could taint their thinking. If you have an opinion about a candidate, there is no amount of "mud" that can change your own views. To do that is allowing yourself to be manipulated. Honestly, if a candidate has a "smear" campaign, they have every right as I.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   
I've not yet created my own platform
we have a month until elections, so I will use the time to formulate my thoughts and plans, and make a good go of it.

I find it hard to debate with you, as it seems your main concerns, are not mine

I do fear however, that your one world currency with ruffle some feathers, as does your stance on the alien issue.

I personally can state, I've seen at least 3 craft that are otherwordly, and ill let the *millions* of witness testimony argue the rest.

You say you wanted to alienate some voters, how strange, why?

All the best!

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   
I'm simple not trying to cater to everyone. I have a strategic plan in place, one in which the supporters of my platform will be able to believe as they wish, yet still fufill my political goals.

I do realize the vast percentage of ATS believes. It's a carefully calculated risk, but hey, what's life if you don't take a few chances?

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join