It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Plato's Atlantis map in Ireland?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 10:16 AM
link   
A new find says that a new ingraving on a basin could in fact matchthe map of plato

www.mythicalireland.com...

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 02:13 PM
link   
So how many countries have been suggested now? I do think Ireland has already been speculated though

I still think Atlantis was only in Platos mind though, the "perfect" city in a "perfect" land, somewhere "over there". Theres simply to little references to it.

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 03:18 PM
link   
The myth of Atlantis seems impossible to me...I'd love to believe that a super advanced city did exist...but it just doesnt seem realistic...mainly because we would have seen their "technology" in other parts of ancient society...And yes I've heard that Ireland is Atlantis theory...highly doubt it though...I think the history channel did a special on it recently...

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 03:19 PM
link   
There is nothing in the "historical" record to indicate Atlantis was any more advanced than ancient Greece... Look up "The Dialogue of Critius" by Plato if you want to read it for yourself...

There is also nothing to indicate the design on the basin is a "map" and not just a design, especially given the Celts love of coencentric circle designs.....

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 05:56 AM
link   
There was another theory that Atlantis was Dogger Bank, an island which sank near Ireland and another theory that suggests Tara was capital of Atlantis.

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Atomix
There was another theory that Atlantis was Dogger Bank, an island which sank near Ireland and another theory that suggests Tara was capital of Atlantis.

Would the allknowing, allpowerfull greeks with their mighty powercenter in the eastern mediteranian sea really have given a darn about Ireland? Just curious.

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I dunno but Ireland was underwater at one point and nobody can say Atlantis was anywhere because there is noooooooo proof except these writing and the maps. I think.

top topics

join