It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If the Bible is the Word of God?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by DeathbecomesLife

Well in that case I agree with you whole-heartedly!

Rev 21:6 And he said to me, “It is done! I am the Alpha and the Omega, the beginning and the end. To the thirsty I will give from the spring of the water of life without payment

And again,

John 19:30 When Jesus had received the sour wine, he said, “It is finished,” and he bowed his head and gave up his spirit.

The work has been done, all we must do is accept the finished work and live in light of what He has done. No need to work our way to heaven (which is impossible)!

Amen, and I agree. Too bad so many misinterpret the faith as just another way to gain God's favor, when we received all the favor we could ask for 2,000 years ago.

1 John 4:19 We love because he first loved us.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agarta
Thus the message has been lost and people skip through life believing they are squeaky clean and care not for their actions as "All is Forgiven" simply because they believe.

Is it true you are asking why people who believe in the Bible do not follow it knowing how it will end?

Read the end. Judgement has already been passed. All ARE squeaky clean.

If you believe that of course.

"14Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city. 15For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie."

Be careful who you say this too of course. Many do not believe it.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   

edit on 18-6-2012 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Okay I must have misunderstood. I guess it does not matter how we live our lives or the way we treat others. We can be as evil as we wish to be. We can kill, rape, steal, etc. without remorse or guilt because God has said you are forgiven regardless. So there is no sin in being evil or following an evil path in this life because it is already forgiven. Man I am truly wasting my life. Thanks for clearing that up for me.

edit on 18-6-2012 by Agarta because: spelling

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agarta

Okay I must have misunderstood. I guess it does not matter how we live our lives or the way we treat others. We can be as evil as we wish to be. We can kill, rape, steal, etc. without remorse or guilt because God has said you are forgiven regardless. So there is no sin in being evil or following an evil path in this life because it is already forgiven. Man I am truly wasting my life. Thanks for clearing that up for me.

edit on 18-6-2012 by Agarta because: spelling

You didn't read the end. Those who accept the judgement do his comandments...

You did not read.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined

If you read it to the end, Christ won the battle, he reigns in heaven, he has built us new...

No, if you actually read it, it says that Christ WILL win the battle, but it hasn't happened yet.

We still have to go through the battle of Armageddon and Christ's 1,000 year reign (the Millennium) before the New Jerusalem is sent down from Heaven and eternity without evil is set into place.

I suppose you have to go through those chapters yet.

I made it to the end, and I accept the judgement there.

Keep reading, it gets better.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Oh I have read it, don't begin to assume I have not. Apparently you see a different interpretation of the message. Live life as Jesus has taught and be remorseful of your sins and THEN be joyful that you have been forgiven.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   

You crack me up (and no, I don't mean that in a sarcastic sense)!

I've read the entire book of Revelation more times than I care to count.

Do you have a question about it? What exactly is it that you want to know about judgement?

What I would like to know about Judgement, is why no one is singing from the roof tops that the Lord has passed judgement. Particularly when they proclaim to believe every word in the book.

If you do not believe the book, then the question does not pertain to you.
edit on 18-6-2012 by DeathbecomesLife because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Of course I believe the book, but I'm not sure that you understand it.

What do you mean by the fact that God has already passed judgement?

The White Throne Judgement doesn't take place until after the Millennium, so I don't understand what you are saying. Yes, Satan has already been judged, but man has not.

And Harry Pooter has not slain Valdemort yet because we have not seen it with our own eyes.

It is the single eye which must see the conclusion.

It is the single eye that must accept the judgement.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeathbecomesLife
If the Bible is the word of God and only the word of God...

Why hasn't anyone finished the book yet?

If you read it to the end, Christ won the battle, he reigns in heaven, he has built us new...

Well read it yourself to find out all that was done.

The point is, once you read the Book to the end, if you believe it, shouldn't you be acting like it?

The collection of the Bible Books are called properly the writings of devine inspired men, not god. So, nothing to get excited about or shout from the rooftops over.

Revelations was written by an old guy too old to work that lived in a cave on a Roman Prison island, and used so much metaphore that nothing definite is determinable. I would not worry too much on trumpets and what color horses---just look for nuclear bombs to wipe out 2/3 of the planet and that'll be close enough.

Some people were raised from being dead in christ long ago, some will never learn and deny reality to the end.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by MagnumOpus

The collection of the Bible Books are called properly the writings of devine inspired men, not god. So, nothing to get excited about or shout from the rooftops over.

I did not ask you.

I asked the question to those who believe the Bible as the Word of God.

My questions are irrelevant to you.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   
I am beginning to think you will not accept any answer that does not line up with your exact beliefs about what is written. You are disregarding every answer and you keep stating the same thing. Maybe You are right and everyone else is wrong, but apparently you are not going to get the "Hallelujah" answer here. Then again maybe I'm wrong on that too.

Edit to add: I wish you luck
edit on 18-6-2012 by Agarta because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   

I did not ask you.

I asked the question to those who believe the Bible as the Word of God.

My questions are irrelevant to you.

How come it appears that your words are mine?

Read the Opening Posting, there are not restrictions on those commenting. The real world means everyone gets to speak.

edit on 18-6-2012 by MagnumOpus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Your question confuses me for some reason....

I have never read the Bible linearly, only segments, and I do believe it ends with Revelations, supposedly of things to come, not yet having past??? I honestly don't know, to tell you the truth, I once believed upon the Bible as being the Word of God.... even when my logic told me otherwise.... and have since found the true literal word of God, so all that confusion seen throughout the Bible IMO is merely a distraction or a way in creating weak believers.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Read the Opening Posting, there are not restrictions on those commenting. The real world means everyone gets to speak.

"If the Bible..."

IF

In other words, if you hold this opinion.

If you do not, then I do not have questions for you.

It would not make sense to question you.

You are already acting like you do not believe because you do not believe, and you confess it.

So there is no sense in asking you.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rocsgirl

Your question confuses me for some reason....

I have never read the Bible linearly, only segments, and I do believe it ends with Revelations, supposedly of things to come, not yet having past??? I honestly don't know, to tell you the truth, I once believed upon the Bible as being the Word of God.... even when my logic told me otherwise.... and have since found the true literal word of God, so all that confusion seen throughout the Bible IMO is merely a distraction or a way in creating weak believers.

If you read it linearly, then like any other story, it has an ending.

At the end, you either accept the judgement, or do not. You believe the book, or you do not.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Yeah, and what conclusion and judgement do you see with that single eye?

Why must you always talk in riddles?

Quit asking questions and start answering some questions in English so we know what you're talking about.

I am not talking in riddles, read the book it is plain.

It paints the whole throne room scene in your mind.

Sheesh, we can visualize any other damn story under the sun, but we cannot see clearly standing before the Lord and being judged when details are given?

He comes and he comes quickly.

This is all I can say on the matter.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join