It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is how you stop time.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   
The event horizon of a black hole can cause an illusion of time standing still for an observer who is not at the event horizon. However, for the subject whom has already encountered the event horizon, time is normal until he is flattened and vaporizes due to extreme physical forces.

Actually, one would probably perish before entry into the event horizon because of proximity to extreme and severe forces of physics.

But the time freeze observation would only be an illusion.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   
OP,

Thats why 2012 will be the end of time..no more time.

The most controlling thing in our lives is time...it tells us when to sleep,wake up, go to work, etc etc.

Good times

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   
At any one of the string of infinitesimal duration instances recognized as the infinite expanse of space, there is no time. The other side of that "same coin" is the one infinitely kinetic, infinitesimal singularity. Time does not exist at either domain.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by trysts

Originally posted by crankyoldman

Originally posted by jaws1975
reply to post by trysts

When I talk to people and hear there stories absolutely! Does that surprise you? And you were looking for it in a corporate restaraunt?

Lol. I thought you guys were kidding! You're really experiencing a bunch of people having an evolution of consciousness? I really thought that only happened on the Internet. I only experience people drinking, talking about sports and business where I work.

that's a tough standard of measure. You seem to equate "if I don't see it, it isn't happening" with all experiences possible. By this definition, and yours is a very common one, then because blind people can't see colors they don't exist. I would caution against using the idea that your experience equals all experience, ergo those that have something different are in need of help, as a way of life.

I'm not quite sure I follow you. The OP seems to have been lucky enough to be excited about his experience with people evolving. I haven't been. I see no signs of it at all. I just see the same thing I have been seeing, i.e., people going about their lives getting excited about i-phone apps, movies, sports, left/right politics, etc. Nothing even hinting of some metaphysical evolution, or some new, exciting awareness. That's my experience however banal that seems.

That is what you are seeing, but are you just watching or asking? Are you investigating what is happening or just looking at the surface? It takes some actual skill to pull the truth of deeper personal expressions from people, and those are not likely to be observed in a store or restaurant in passing. What I find unfortunate is too many people here post "well I don't see it" and this is a finality of sorts. It seems none have asked people the know, people who are self reflective enough to answer, if they are experiencing xy or z, yet the are quick to post, often seconds after an OP that the post is bs because they see none of it. I don't get how that contributes to the discussion.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by crankyoldman

Well, I serve a lot of people drinks where I work so they do talk to me, and I do bring up a variety of subjects(including UFOs), but I am at work so I can't get into deep discussions with them. My friends aren't really evolving into a new realm of consciousness either, that I'm aware of. I think I'm out of the loop completely on this.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by chadderson
Having experienced many different avenues of time perception, all through natural means,

Neuropeptides are natural.
Seratonin is natural.
Endorphins are natural.

Introducing the potent effects of mushrooms to your brain is not natural.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 02:40 AM
link   
To be honest, I really haven't seen this awakening happening in those around me. People seem to be just as clueless as they were a year ago. Who knows though, they might be? At the same time though, I don't really have many friends or family at the moment hahaha so maybe I'm just not meeting those people who are. I'm glad you and some people here are though.

Don't let the people who have already started showing up in your thread tell you that your experience isn't real. If it wasn't real it wouldn't be. That simple. If I can make a suggestion though? Work up to the point where you don't need the help of natural entheogens. If you're truly awake then the experience will be just as meaningful without all the trippiness. There's nothing better than the CSF that you were naturally born with. The drip is like no other.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 02:54 AM
link   
reply to post by chadderson

I dont think our memory will over night increase exponentially, and even if you could remember anything at such a high level it would not transport you through time. You would still have a physical body and a state in "time" at which you exist, you'll have an anchor.

Im not sure why you think the answer will be magically gifted to you for all your hard work. The problem is, youre falling into your ego with that one, you'll only get so close.

Going down the new age road. evolving your entire existence, turning into some metaphysical silver surfer existing outside of time is quite the leap only due to a shift in gravity (if its been proven that we are passing through our galaxies equator). I mean just because you can comprehend the singularity does not mean its answers will be revealed to you.

I dunno, my tea is finished.

I dont think being able to tilt your perception, so you view time in a slower or faster manner means anything. I mean ive had my share of edibles and Ive seen time or my perception of time change durastically. Strengthening your memory, im not sure that drifts you closer to being one with the universe, I think the exact opposite is the real case. If you can only exist in this fleeting present with no other sign or reference, then you have become timeless. time only exists because of man -> our perception. Consciousness has side effects and one of them is time. Without an observer, the universe IS timeless, existing and not existing all at the exact same time and everything in between.

People only become enlightened when they ask the questions themselves.
edit on 19-6-2012 by gostr because: steeping the tea, the tea will be delicious.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Well, I serve a lot of people drinks where I work so they do talk to me, and I do bring up a variety of subjects(including UFOs), but I am at work so I can't get into deep discussions with them. My friends aren't really evolving into a new realm of consciousness either, that I'm aware of. I think I'm out of the loop completely on this.

fair enough, but this does not mean it isn't happening for a great many. That is all I wish to point out. We have been conditioned to believe the phrase "how come I haven't heard about this, if it were true it would be all over the news?" This line, this meme, is a huge deterrent to a great many things, including understanding things beyond ones tiny range of experience. Sadly we've reduced ourselves to connect via what is known through media, and not via what is happening to us as expressed by our self reflection and reference to others and their experience.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Yes, when I speak to people about UFOs, the most common response is, 'why don't they just land on the Whitehouse lawn?', as if that is the only way the subject would be worth considering.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   
I'll tell you how to stop time: Phone up ComCast customer service and wait for a human to get on the phone!

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Then call me super natural. I have not made a mistake by partaking. This is why i share my story, my truth, and my happiness. To whomever got my post removed, i suppose i did not read the rules. But that makes me wonder, why would you ban the discussion of a living organism just because powers that be deem it 'illegal'?

EDIT: And when you classified it as "not natural" you are mistaken. The word natural is relative, and also all encompasing. Everything is natural that exists.
edit on 21-6-2012 by chadderson because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by gostr

So negative, you even stop to say that you do not believe you possess the ability to sway my mind. Why post in the first place? Do you just enjoy reading what you wrote? One positive thing from your post, is that you motivated me to prove you wrong, for the benefit of myself and others, you included.

Anything is possible my friend, and to those that taught you otherwise, it is simply the continuation of the victims of the system. There is not much to talk about regarding the ego, as the feelings burning within my heart have nothing to do with it. My ego was crushed by the hand of god at that moment in time that completely turned my life around. If you do not believe things can happen overnight, i believe you have not experienced the patterns and events necessary to truly "know", be it mathematical or absorbed by your own two eyes. Everyone gets there eventually, even with the system clawing to maintain control of us.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by chadderson
reply to post by jiggerj

Then call me super natural.
EDIT: And when you classified it as "not natural" you are mistaken. The word natural is relative, and also all encompasing. Everything is natural that exists.
edit on 21-6-2012 by chadderson because: (no reason given)

Everything is natural only when it exists in its natural environment. Is it natural to take a fish out of an aquarium so that a child can play with it in a sand box?

I'm not knocking you for introducing mind-altering drugs into your brain. When I was young and smoked pot and listened to music I could hear a guitar player's fingers sliding over the strings (I couldn't hear it otherwise). But, when you attempt to perceive the world and the universe through forced means you will get a picture that is either compromised in some way or an outright lie.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Everything that takes place does so in a series of events, one after the other. Without time, how can anything ever happen again?

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj
Everything is natural only when it exists in its natural environment. Is it natural to take a fish out of an aquarium so that a child can play with it in a sand box?

when you attempt to perceive the world and the universe through forced means you will get a picture that is either compromised in some way or an outright lie.

it is a smart reply but he still can say that nature is also what u r and mayb superior to environment wise, as being its substance truth, while that mayb will fix lie bases on the ground forever

it says how there cant b but one way, truth firstlast and nothing else, subjectively everyone should love truth to survive

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 05:18 AM
link   
reply to post by chadderson

All time exist within consciousness. But you are not consciousness. You are the observer of consciousness and are immortal eternal awareness. If you do not know the definition of Nirvana it is simply a dimension where time and space do no operate.

We as points of awareness in a particular point within the the concept of time and space inside the total consciousness of the manifest universe have the ability to transcend time and space by entering back to our original state of absolute wholeness before the imaginary held constructs of time and space were created in our infinite ethereal awareness. Consciousness appears and disappears on on us as for we are the backdrop as the screen of the ethereal ocean of awareness on the quantum level this is verifiable but is not known by all. At the highest level consciousness and pure awareness there is no time but rather all time and all events at once are known. Esoterically known as the eternal Now.

That is how you the Absolute supreme Nirvana, what is infact your true identity, not the body mind states that appear onto of the stateless state, has already stopped all time at all moments through time and contains in memory of the totalality of electrons every event, and every possible event because every single possible universe is contained within the subatomic consciousness. If you want to experience this go within and you will have verifiable experience of this. You will not have to believe what I say but rather the belief will be transcended into knowledge through experience of a non experiential event. It is the " Isness " of the totality of the "I" in it's unicity when you enter meditation that time and space are stopped and transcended.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Yes it is natural for a fish to go out of water into a sandbox, it is possible isnt it? I have actually witnessed it. Purely, and entirely natural. You my friend are struggling with the definition of a word. Something has been painted in your mind that allows you see that word as something you have defined. We clearly have different definitions of what natural means.

And while i agree that using willpower to attempt to change fate can bring failure, but that is with a negative mindset, and a closed minded perspective. When one sees all motions as fate itself, and not the act of attempting to change fate, who is then correct? You see, it is all relative.

EDIT: I have found it all starts deep within the self, there is a switch. You can be of the postive or you can be of the negative. This is something your willpower can influence.
edit on 24-6-2012 by chadderson because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrUncreated
Everything that takes place does so in a series of events, one after the other. Without time, how can anything ever happen again?

Sequence still exists, except, we're more than this facet of ourselves and its non sequential, as its all at once. Then its more like being the GM of a game, able to move back and forth throughout the storylines. Dealing with past lives would almost be like looking at the photo album and wishing things had gone differently, or reliving the scene. If you had the consciousness of a star, and wondered if you could improve something in the photos of your life, one of your rays, then perhaps Groundhog Day The Movie may occur from one perspective, but from another you are still just looking through the photo album.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   
I think psychedelics play a major part in what we do, but having said that, I feel that if somebody's going to experiment with those things they really need to educate themselves about them. People just taking the chemicals and diving in without having any kind of preparation about what they're about to experience tend to have no frame of reference, so they're missing everything flying by and all these new perspectives. It's just a waste. They reach a little bit of spiritual enlightenment, but they end up going, 'Well, now I need that drug to get back there again.' The trick is to use the drugs once to get there, and maybe spend the next ten years trying to get back there without the drug.

- Maynard James Keenan (TOOL)

Psychedelics are probably responsible for every aspect of human evolution apart from the decline in bodyhair.

- Terence McKenna, Food of the Gods

top topics

<< 1   >>

join