It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IDF deploys tanks near Egypt border, in violation of peace treaty

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   

IDF deploys tanks near Egypt border, in violation of peace treaty

www.haaretz.com...

Following Monday morning's cross-border attack, army deploys tanks to site of incident; according to Camp David Accords, both sides obligated to keep area demilitarized.
In an unusual move, the Israel Defense Forces deployed two tanks to a site near the Egyptian border on Monday morning, following a cross-border attack in which one Israeli was killed.
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on Mon Jun 18 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: attempt to fix link

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Things indeed seem to be ramping up in the middle east.

We have the Muslim brotherhood taking control of Egypt and the next thing we know there are cross border attacks..

The ME is already a boiling cauldron with Syria et al..

I think things from there will spill into Israel too..

Definitely one to watch..
www.haaretz.com[/ url]]HAARETZ
edit on 18-6-2012 by EvanB because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvanB

We have the Muslim brotherhood taking control of Egypt and the next thing we know there are cross border attacks..

How exactly has the Muslim Brotherhood taken control of Egypt? The military has proven, to anybody watching in the last 3 days, who is in control.

Lets see, the military supreme court tossed out every member of the elected parliament. Then they replaced it with the General Council, which now has total legislative power. Which will write the next constitution.

New leader, same US influenced military state.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   
In my experience Israel is not renowned for keeping to agreements.

2nd

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Yes, the headline is what the article had, but I don't see the peace treaty violation. An attack came from Egypt into Israel, killing one. Israel moved some tanks to a spot inside their own country but closer to the border where the attacks took place.

Does a peace treaty prohibit this?

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by KnawLick

How exactly has the Muslim Brotherhood taken control of Egypt? The military has proven, to anybody watching in the last 3 days, who is in control.

Lets see, the military supreme court tossed out every member of the elected parliament. Then they replaced it with the General Council, which now has total legislative power. Which will write the next constitution.

New leader, same US influenced military state.

I see your point but the people will only let the military go so far before they start rioting again.. It is interesting that as soon as they won the election that there were cross border skirmishes with Israel.. For Israels sake I hope that the cooler heads of the military do indeed prevail as tensions in the area are way past boiling point.. But I cant see that happening much longer..

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

Israel has ZERO to worry about from Egypt. The battle lines have all been drawn. Egypt's military is making a power move to get ahead of what is to come.

After the real wars in Syria and Iran start, the arab states will sit quietly by and watch Israel attack!

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952
Yes, the headline is what the article had, but I don't see the peace treaty violation. An attack came from Egypt into Israel, killing one. Israel moved some tanks to a spot inside their own country but closer to the border where the attacks took place.

Does a peace treaty prohibit this?

Yes.. According to the Camp David Accords they are to keep that area demilitarized.. However I do not blame Israel for deploying tanks there in this case after the skirmishes..

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by KnawLick
reply to post by EvanB

Israel has ZERO to worry about from Egypt. The battle lines have all been drawn. Egypt's military is making a power move to get ahead of what is to come.

After the real wars in Syria and Iran start, the arab states will sit quietly by and watch Israel attack!

I disagree.. They have everything to worry about.. The Muslim brotherhood are not to be trusted...

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigyin

2nd

Yeah, any country should stand idly by while their citizens are killed by cross border attacks. Isreal has every right to defend her borders and citizens.

Any attack coming out of Eqypt can, and should rightfully be placed squarely on those supposedly controlling that land.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

There again. You believe the Brotherhood are in control. I don't.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by nightbringr

Do you afford the same rights to Palestinians ?

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by nightbringr

2nd

Yeah, any country should stand idly by while their citizens are killed by cross border attacks. Isreal has every right to defend her borders and citizens.

Any attack coming out of Eqypt can, and should rightfully be placed squarely on those supposedly controlling that land.

How does this work in relation to Israel and Gaza?

So by your reasoning Hamas has a right to defend the Palestinian people against attack from Israel. And as Israel is an occupying force, they are then responsible to their own people for the attacks on them from land that THEY control.

Hypocrisy at its finest, well done!

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   
umm, it's against the treaty to militarize the SINAI - not to station a few troops along the border.

Also - and not surprisingly at all, since this site is riddled with Israel bashers - the Muslim brotherhood has been POURING terrorists into the sinai since the fall of the mubarak government last year. So, THEY and not the Israelis, are in contravention of the Sinai accords. And it is THEY - not the Israelis - who are daily calling for the eradication of the treaty which granted them the Sinai peninsula.

So again, get your facts straight.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by dontreally
umm, it's against the treaty to militarize the SINAI - not to station a few troops along the border.

Also - and not surprisingly at all, since this site is riddled with Israel bashers - the Muslim brotherhood has been POURING terrorists into the sinai since the fall of the mubarak government last year. So, THEY and not the Israelis, are in contravention of the Sinai accords. And it is THEY - not the Israelis - who are daily calling for the eradication of the treaty which granted them the Sinai peninsula.

So again, get your facts straight.

Have I said they are doing wrong??? No... I support what they are doing... Read my comments ...

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Have I said they are doing wrong??? No... I support what they are doing... Read my comments ...

If you support what Israel is doing, then you should remove "...in violation of peace treaty" from the thread title since there was no violation coming from Israel's side.

The military had to inspect the area after the skirmish so they sent a few tanks to that immediate area, not a whole division. lol So now Israel is not allowed to man its own borders? That's a new one
Maybe I should complain to the UN that the United States have soldiers on its US-Mexico border and its preventing illegal immigrants from entering the country?

As for the Muslim Brotherhood taking control in Egypt, I highly doubt the Egyptian military will allow that. Egypt is too secular and moderate for the Muslim Brotherhood to stay in power. Their politics will de-stabilize the whole region. It would be a "great victory" for Islamists and the Hamas, but the Egyptian people and the Palestinians in particular will suffer greatly. I feel like there will be another revolution in Egypt after the elections...

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

I was responding to the title of your thread, which implies (perhaps, unintentionally) that the IDF has breached the peace treaty by deploying tanks near the border.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   

reply to post by nightbringr

Do you afford the same rights to Palestinians ?

Of course. Not sure where this knee-jerk reaction from you and the poster bellow you came from. Did i say im against Palestinian rights?

By the way, i thought this OP was about Israel and Eqypt. What do the Palestinians have to do with this, or are you just trying to sling mud?

edit on 19-6-2012 by nightbringr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual

Originally posted by nightbringr

2nd

How does this work in relation to Israel and Gaza?

So by your reasoning Hamas has a right to defend the Palestinian people against attack from Israel. And as Israel is an occupying force, they are then responsible to their own people for the attacks on them from land that THEY control.

Hypocrisy at its finest, well done!

My response is in there post above this one. Make assumptions much?

And yeah, i have no problem with Hamas defending their own people. Dont really consider missles with no accuracy to be a defensive measure though.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   

It's spilling into Israel everyday. I am surprised they haven't done much about it beyond sending 2 tanks to be a silent threat to the muslim brotherhood terrorists. One of these days they will get tired of taking this crap. Hezbolla, Hamas, Muslim Brotherhood, etc. Yep just a matter of time.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join