It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Got an update

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   
almost done with the song. I'm going to add a bridge then have a chorus towards the end that kills off the guitars except for the main rhythm, then bring back all the instruments for a final chorus. Let me know what yah think! cheers! Have a great day fellow ATS'ers.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   
I lliked the bridge, but I changed it...and the chorus. I put my name on it and later today Im putting it up online as mine starting with YouTube!

Thanks. I hope to make lotss of hits on MY new song.

*Scared ya huh? This is a public service announcement on protecting what is your original work. Keep doing this..and someone with a much worse intent than mine...will steal it form you.

Good Luck.

Protect whats yours...or someone will say it's theirs..!!!

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by mysterioustranger

im not worried about. there's not even words yet lol. I've also changed some stuff. If i were going to steal this i would atleast wait till it was done

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
it's good music, but again it comes on too strong when it can build up a lot.
this would be better suited as the last third of the song. (i'm not sure if thats your intention)

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by yourmaker

i know what yah mean..i was just getting all the parts down. waiting on my friend to do the vocals then ill build it up...its just easier to get the big stuff out of the way first.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Donahue

Not true friend...be guarded with your ideas....I own a lot of copyrights and collect a lot of royalties on them....

Im not in any way pushing that...and I believe in sharing as well...just date and file your stuff away...so later if need be...you can prove you created it.

And it doesnt need words..to be stolen....

If I didnt have some experience with this and lawyers and copyrights...I wouldnt bother with you...

Best of luck!

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   

thanks for looking out..all my stuff is saved under my DAW date and time of every save. analysis files too.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Donahue

thanks for looking out..all my stuff is saved under my DAW date and time of every save. analysis files too.

You just have to remember, even if someone DID steal your work, there's plenty more where that came from!

Live and Learn

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by ELectricalApprentice

no worries. i have a life time to make more music
. i have another one that sounds super good. but im gonna post it cause i dont want to take the chance with this one. When its all done and i get it copywrited ill post it!

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Donahue
reply to post by ELectricalApprentice

no worries. i have a life time to make more music
. i have another one that sounds super good. but im gonna post it cause i dont want to take the chance with this one. When its all done and i get it copywrited ill post it!

Sweet! I'll look forward to hearing that!

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 06:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Donahue

Glad to hear youre thinking about it. Royalties being a bit of $$ to a lot...its nice to see a reward for your hard work and originality. Feedback is good, but always take care how you put it out there.

***Monies I receive from copyrighted works.

We received from "The Soprano's" DVD a one time $20,000.00 ck...and in the movies 'Trains, Planes and Automobiles" and "Tommy Boy" together we received under $3000 for for 1 and $1500 for the other. In numerous television commercials, we recvd nothing because they just took it without permission, or bought rights in a block of 500 tunes from one of our publishing companies.

Regardless of all this....save and date and secure your work, so that one day you can say "Hey! Thats MY tune!"
That happens once in awhile like in a store the other day...

Most quarter years we receive pennies to hundreds of dollars...and few grand if we are lucky. And not everyone in the band gets it. Composition royalties, performance and publishing royalties and %'s. 2 members get nothing, because they have no rights to any of those.

Good luck to you!

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Thank you for enlightening me on all this information. I really do appreciate it! I'll have to show you some songs when I get them copyrighted! Take care!

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 06:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Donahue

Its a changing world what with file-sharing and all. This was something back in the day we never thought about...that technology would allow saving and upload and copying...and sampling...of original musical works.

I see a day coming where the originator (writer, composer, musical arranger) will at least get some kind of one-time designation as the original writer of a piece...so you'll always have credit for it.

Not yet...but that day is coming.

join