learn more

Not Jesus but Yeshua

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
It doesnt matter whether you call him Jesus or Yeshua. Also, Alexander the Great conquered that entire area, and there is a very good case made for them speaking Greek.
edit on 30-11-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

Not true. His name is pronounced Jesus. Pronouncing His name as Yeshua is as wrong as pronouncing it as Bob.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by truejew

Originally posted by Aesir26
reply to post by truejew

"Jesus", is a Spanish name.

Incorrect. Jesus was originally a Hebrew name.

It's a Spanish name ALSO: HEY-SOOS. Perfectly acceptable. Ask my gardener.

As for Jesus being actually Joshua, that's great! My cat is named Joshua and his brother is Jericho. They can't walk on water (Ewwww!) but they can leap tall buildings in a single bound!

I doubt anyone can get to the "real" pronunciation here. We're using a western alphabet and will never get there. It's lost to history and, frankly, it's like arguing over how many angels fit on the head of a pin.
edit on 11/30/2012 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by truejew

Yeshua is very much the simpler form of the longer Hebrew name, and it doesnt matter. Christ doesnt care about the little details of anything. There is only one thing that has ever mattered on earth. LOVE EACH OTHER EVEN YOUR ENEMIES....and how do you do that? FEED THE POOR, CARE FOR THE SICK, VISIT THOSE IN PRISON. Never retaliate, never harm another, care for them. Treat every single person as if they were in your immediate family, and extended family.

See through this world and all traps baited with cheese, all the big screen tv's, promotion, compromise, image, health, wealth, status, body shape and image, all of it. Don't judge others, don't bear false witness against them and form opinions about them and label them, but walk in their shoes and understand them, care.

Don't follow bad orders, don't willingly go to war.

Equalize like the early Christians did whenever possible.

Behave as if you were already citizens of Heaven.

And nothing else matters.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by schuyler

Originally posted by truejew

Originally posted by Aesir26
reply to post by truejew

"Jesus", is a Spanish name.

Incorrect. Jesus was originally a Hebrew name.

It's a Spanish name ALSO: HEY-SOOS. Perfectly acceptable. Ask my gardener.

As for Jesus being actually Joshua, that's great! My cat is named Joshua and his brother is Jericho. They can't walk on water (Ewwww!) but they can leap tall buildings in a single bound!

I doubt anyone can get to the "real" pronunciation here. We're using a western alphabet and will never get there. It's lost to history and, frankly, it's like arguing over how many angels fit on the head of a pin.
edit on 11/30/2012 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

It was originally a Hebrew name, therefore it is a Hebrew name that has been brought into other cultures and languages.

HEY-SOOS is a wrong pronounciation of the name Jesus. If God accepts it or not is up to Him, but I would rather go with the correct pronounciation and be sure.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 01:54 AM
link   

reply to post by truejew

Yeshua is very much the simpler form of the longer Hebrew name, and it doesnt matter.

It is very important to know the only name given by which we must be saved.

Christ doesnt care about the little details of anything. There is only one thing that has ever mattered on earth. LOVE EACH OTHER EVEN YOUR ENEMIES....and how do you do that? FEED THE POOR, CARE FOR THE SICK, VISIT THOSE IN PRISON. Never retaliate, never harm another, care for them. Treat every single person as if they were in your immediate family, and extended family.

Those are very good things, but one must build upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets with Jesus Christ being the chief corner stone before any of that matters to God. You must start at the beginning of the journey, salvation, before the middle. Denying the name of Jesus is not a beginning point.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join