It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia, China, Iran plan to stage in Syria "biggest Mid East maneuver"

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Its jun/19/2012 12:09 here in Brasil, gonna keep an eye on the news for something related to this. At this time, nothing in any source other than the ones above...

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Not wanting to be a fearmonger, but I've seen many times news in Debka turns out to be true. But on the other hand, I've seen many others to be false...

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   
According to once source I've found, Syria is denying it.

An adviser to Syrian President Bashar al-Assad has denied an Iranian media report that Syria would host Russian, Chinese and Iranian military forces for joint exercises, the Russian news agency Interfax reported on Tuesday.

“There will be nothing like that. This is one of those (pieces of) false information that are distributed about (Syria),” Interfax quoted Bouthaina Shabaan, an adviser to Mr. al-Assad who was in Moscow on Tuesday, as saying.

www.theglobeandmail.com...

So depending on which source you look at this may or may not be true.

I'm leaning towards it not being true.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Ok, I guess Im slow, Ill be the first to say it. What is the conclusion of all this military movement? Is Russia and China posturing themselves against the United States then?

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   

According to once source I've found, Syria is denying it.

Well, Syria denied a lot of things so far, including mass murdering of civilians... So a lot of disiformation here, very characteristic of something about THTF, I may be wrong(I hope so), but this, if true, is VERY serious...

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I've neglected this subject for too long. i know there is a civil war going on.. people are dying like crazy, there is a girl I know on my facebook that tells me what she knows and post "pics" of the dead children.. it's very sad.

I need to know what the US is trying to do and WHY Russia, China, and Iran is involved so heavily. I've read countless threats from these 3 if we act or whatever. Does this mean we are trying to STOP the war and that the others are baiting this war?

I feel like i'm missing something really big here... please fill me in or send me a link that explains it all..
edit on 19-6-2012 by Mizzijr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   
conflicting reports....maybe a ploy by the western powers to justify a larger military intervention in syria?....the west just needs to 'right' story to unleash its military. its sorta like all this is happening outside of the 'general publics eye'. i think the american public is tired of seeing u.s. troops run all over the world to fight for the white house. sorta sad that no one is willing to stand up to the new 'colonial power'.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Not likely since it originated from an Arabic news source. Theres no way these countires could stage 90K soldiers in a montsh time anyway.

Originally posted by clearmind
conflicting reports....maybe a ploy by the western powers to justify a larger military intervention in syria?....the west just needs to 'right' story to unleash its military. its sorta like all this is happening outside of the 'general publics eye'. i think the american public is tired of seeing u.s. troops run all over the world to fight for the white house. sorta sad that no one is willing to stand up to the new 'colonial power'.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by majesticgent

So depending on which source you look at this may or may not be true.

I'm leaning towards it not being true.

What we can deduce from this, is that IFF Iran, China and Russia are moving their troops ... they're not doing it to aid Assat.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
Not likely since it originated from an Arabic news source. Theres no way these countires could stage 90K soldiers in a montsh time anyway.

China alone, could manage that in a weeks time if they had to ... but they've long since pledged "no first use" of military force. So it's highly unlikely that they would. Americans think they're cowards of course, and it's most likely the US/Britain/EU and their Al Qaida allies that are making these stories up, for the purpose of being able to go to war.

The US is the only nation with major Aircraft carriers, which are necessary for deployment in foreign waters. Neither Russia nor China, have any interrest in having such force. Their Aircraft carriers are more a "token" force, than any real force ... their entire "tactic", in case of China, is to "defend china".

You might say, that this is a tactical mistake of China ... but non the less, the reality.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   
double post
edit on 19/6/2012 by bjarneorn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Mizzijr

It was the US that provoked Iran, Russia and China to issue those threats. The US and their Saudi allies called for arming the rebels and opening up a 'No Fly Zone' in Syria (Which paved the way for NATO's intervention in Libya).

Also, Iran has a right to stand beside its ally.
Much like the US has a right to stand beside their allies in war.

If this is true it is a very clear message to the West; Don't touch Syria.

I don't want to sound like a fear mongerer but we could be staring down the barrel of the gun with two choices available. Walk away or try out shoot your opponent.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by bjarneorn

Originally posted by princeofpeace

China alone, could manage that in a weeks time if they had to ... but they've long since pledged "no first use" of military force.

They (China) have never shown the abilty to move such an amount of Troops. Their logistical capabilities have never shown that. It's quite a feat to move one divison far from your homebase, China has never done that. The U.S., France and the U.K. make it look easy, when it's really not.

Do they have the troops, yes. Can they move them to Syria? Very doubtful and they have never done so in the past. If they had, they would have taken over Taiwan already. Why would China make a stand in non Oil rich Syria rather than invade Taiwan??? Doesn't add up to me.

There is no land route they can take. They don't have the Airlift nor Sealift capacity either that is purely military based. The only route feasible would be by sea and that is a stretch considering China doesn't have a port there and would have to the Russian base, which simply doesn't have the capacity to handle that kind of movement. The sea route alone would take months to start and complete.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by pavil

Agreed. If this is even remotely true, I believe the only way it is feasible is if Iran supplies the majority of the tanks, aircraft, and boots on the ground. Russia could probably do it, but wouldn't do so unless it was actually going to invade as it's terribly expensive and why would they show off their capabilities unnecessarily?

Remember exercises like these aid in driving up the national debt in the trillions.

edit on 19-6-2012 by majesticgent because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-6-2012 by majesticgent because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 12:58 AM
link   
I don't see any merit at all for these countries to have training exercises in Syria, especially with what is happening right now.

This is disinfo IMO.

www.reuters.com...

The Russian Defense Ministry called such reports "disinformation" and the Russian news agency Interfax quoted an adviser to Syrian President Bashar al-Assad as saying it was not true.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   
The G20 meeting actually is getting some movements from the russian
on syria, hopefuly this will alow china to move as well. if Russia and the
US put a Peace Inforcement element on the ground then this will all stop.
neither has to be in the command, hell brazil could take command and that would
be just fine. it would be enough to stop the violence and let the people breath
an work towards the next step.
edit on 20-6-2012 by wondera because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 04:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by jhn7537
We also need to question the credibility of this story. How legit is Debka.com???

It's not legit at all. It's a load of crap.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join