It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You can find the best things on Ebay.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I thought the canopy for the Avenger II was one of the coolest things I'd find on Ebay. Looks like I was wrong. I found a link to this today.

www.ebay.com...

It's the vertical fin/rudder unit from aircraft 17955. It comes with the Skunk logo under the tail number. He's asking a million dollars for it. It's not in the greatest condition cosmetically, but appears to be completely intact.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Reeeally...? A million dollars............. You cant even do anything with that piece of junk

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

Do you have any idea of the actual worth? I have no clue how to value something like this so I can't tell if his price is justifiable. But obviously people want what he has, 103 people have made an offer!

I love finding neat stuff on eBay.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Are you the guy selling this, and pretending not to be? Nice tactic if so but its against the T&C... Im just pulling your leg.

That looks awesome but he wants 1 million dollars (Dr. Evil accent) good luck with that.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Ameilia

It's value is probably more of a "Look what I've got!" kind of thing. You really can't price something like this just because this is the first one that I've ever seen that was for sale. All the others I've seen are still attached to their aircraft. But imagine the bragging rights if you bought it.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   

And the new owner will fabricate spectacular stories for his grandchildren probably.

"Oh yes lad, I used to be a spy, a bit like that James Bond, only way cooler mind! Once while on a mission I took out this top-secret jet using nothing but my wits, a pin and a piece of tinfoil..."

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   
he should take it to pawn stars, big hoss will offer him $10,000 cash for it, you know, because they don't get to many people walking in looking for sr-71's.

edit on 18-6-2012 by randomname because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
or give it back to edwards to recomplete the plane....

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by notionfreely

I'm pretty sure this was a spare. All the SR-71s/A-12s are in museums, or accounted for. If there was a vertical fin unit missing, I'm sure it would have come up.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   
A million dollars and you dont even get free postage

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   
This was one of many SR-71 tail fins sold as scrap years ago. This particular one is missing the edge assemblies.

There was a guy selling these back in the late 1990s for about $500 apiece, if I recall correctly. He advertised in the Recycler, along with all the people selling used automobile parts. They were complete with their edges intact. I knew someone who bought one and displayed it along the side of his garage. It makes a nice "trophy" but I wouldn't want one because they are simply too big and heavy.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   

well aware.

www.sr-71.org...

new topics

top topics

join