It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Suicide Forest in Japan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
I tried the search engine and already found some threads about this forest, but they did not show this video.

The Aokigahara Forest is the most popular site for suicides in Japan. After the novel Kuroi Jukai was published, in which a young lover commits suicide in the forest, people started taking their own lives there at a rate of 50 to 100 deaths a year.

I recommend that you watch this, also if you have suicide thoughts. It's really interesting

I am sorry if I posted this in the wrong forum.
edit on 18-6-2012 by Jauk3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   
They do some awsome documentry's them folks at Vice

edit on 18-6-2012 by haven123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Very compelling, and yet as I expected a feeling of morbidity as I watched, I somehow felt at peace with it. I've heard of this forest before but it was cool to see its beauty on film. I'm not so certain that I agree about no one ever dying alone, but it certainly speaks volumes about people genuinely caring about the welfare of other people. A very interesting fellow he is, with an interesting job. It seems some people are born to do what they do.

Great post OP.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Sad, and oddly beautiful, thank you for posting OP.
I really hope the man in the yellow tent went home, sometimes all it takes is a bit of interaction with another human being to make you realise that you're not really alone.
He's a special guy.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 01:49 AM
link   
That's an amazing video to post. I've heard about this place a few times, but never looked in to it very deep, the video you provided was great. That man thinks in a beautiful way that we seemed to have put aside. I agree that no one dies alone, especially spiritually. The tape leads that they left I find sad, yet beautiful. I don't know if it the people that do it intentionally mark their last few steps to other to walk, but that was my first thought. That's a very powerful place.

new topics

top topics

join