It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Adidas Shackle Shoes: Got to get a pair... how about you?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   
An article about the shoe> racefiles.wordpress.com...

About who designed it. Jeremy Scott.

He is correct it's symbolic art. However the shoe needs to be messaged in the correct light to the public by Adidas in what the shoe is suppose to be messaging as an artistic social messaging piece.

What I say...

Adidas Shackle Shoes you all have to get a pair of these "Get-ups" if you ever been in jail or are in that type of "revolving jail door of the poor" culture. A culture btw being victimized by the system. A scocial economic racial system practicing the" judicial cash ratchet" as poor people can't afford adequate legal representation. The white collar mafia who run this country's judicial system through their ivy league law degrees and secret frat societies deliberately have designed a legal system to take advantage of the poor who are disproportionately racial minorities. These legal gangsters criminalize everything as many of them run and win legislative office, so they can send the poor to jail and then enable their partners in crime to adjudicate fines they know the poor can't possibly pay so to keep them in the "revolving jail door of the poor."

Okay, understandable, so you have to celebrate being one in the hood with your other brothers who have worn chains for real, and those modern chains are the same as slave chains symbolically, and a shoe has been designed to reflect this social message in the form of a commercial art piece that makes a social comment about this. It can be understood with the aid of some basic rational sourced research and clear thought that Adidas is meaning to capitalize on the ironic symbolism I described. I understand the message, but most do not. Because Adidas obviously failed to communicate their marketing strategy effectively to the public enough.

What needs to communicated to the public effectively is that the shackle shoes are a symbolic ironic protest shoe making a 99%-er social comment against the wealthy educated elite in this country that victimize especially minorities and the poor as a whole. At this point in time everyone is only concentrating on the history of who they are marketing these shoes to, black youth whose ancestors were brought over to this country in chains. The idea behind Adidas's marketing strategy of course is just like those apparel companies that marketed the orange jail outfits with such print as "LA COUNTY JAIL" plastered on the back so to appeal to the convict street culture that screams out rightfully for their long over due social justice in the inner cities across America.

I feel when the message of what the shoe design truly represents the shackle shoe will be the coolest shoe to wear on the street. Because the shoe represents the 99% that are oppressed by the true criminals who hold ivy league law degrees, belong to secret frat societies which are nothing more than the white collar versions of the Klan, and monopolize wealth in this country. A racket that needs to stop immediately.

So I think the shoes are cool, I need to get a pair, how about you out there, do you "have a pair" to wear these shackle shoes?
edit on 18-6-2012 by LilDudeissocool because: of a video loading issue.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Ahhh, the glamorization of the prison culture.

America, you appall me.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by LilDudeissocool

super ..SUPER lame...

Perhaps you might want an orange jump suit to go with those kicks?

IF i saw those back in highschool... Garenteed you'd be running... Cause i would have beat you're ass for waring such retarded cloths...

*sigh*

Glad im not in highschool anymore... i hated it

edit on 18-6-2012 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   

People complain about the US history of slavery and then the same people think these shoes are "cool".

Go ahead. Look like a fool.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
I hear that a followup design is already being produced in Asia.

They will have only one anklet. It will be modeled after the leading style of electronic ankle monitors. Pager/cell in one side and stash in the other.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Those shoes are ok,i dont know what all the fuss is about.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by LastProphet527

Yeah, and I wanted to get a pair too, but Adidas yanked the idea of introducing the shoe onto the market due to the public at large misunderstanding the symbolism of what the design intended to communicate symbolically. Like
rtyfx did. He ranted something about thinking the shoes glorified the prison culture or what have ya. Then there is Akragon. I guess he said he would beat my butt over his not understanding the symbolism of what the shoes represent.

White middle class suburban ignorance runs rampant once again across America.
edit on 19-6-2012 by LilDudeissocool because: typo

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   

So does black low-class ghetto culture.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by rtyfx

Shouldn't you be worshiping Dr. Tyson somewhere on the net?

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by LilDudeissocool
reply to post by LastProphet527

Yeah, and I wanted to get a pair too, but Adidas yanked the idea of introducing the shoe onto the market due to the public at large misunderstanding the symbolism of what the design intended to communicate symbolically. Like
rtyfx did. He ranted something about thinking the shoes glorified the prison culture or what have ya. Then there is Akragon. I guess he said he would beat my butt over his not understanding the symbolism of what the shoes represent.

White middle class suburban ignorance runs rampant once again across America.
edit on 19-6-2012 by LilDudeissocool because: typo

Ummm, what exactaly do the shackles shoes symbolically represent that people are misunderstanding here? It isn't hard to miss! Who casually wears ankle the shackles these shoes were modeled after?

I'm not gonna beat around the bush. But those have got to be some of the dumbest looking shoes I have ever seen. IMHO

Black ghetto shoe worship runs rampant once again across America.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by llmacgregor

Blacks are disproportionately incarcerated for petty crimes such as marijuana position. Most of them cannot afford adequate legal representation defending themselves against establishment "white culture" driven laws designed for maximizing profits in profiting off the privet prison industry. So blacks are enslaved by the same group their ancestors were in the days of slavery. It's what the shoe represent. It's a symbolic protest shoe.

new topics

top topics

join