It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Extremely High Tech Civilization Definitely Existed In The Distant Past Of Our Planet

page: 26
<< 23  24  25   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 05:06 PM
link   
it makes so much sense that man has evolved far beyond our current level of evolution, knowledge and skill before...something happened...maybe Noah's flood, maybe some major catastrophe that wiped human life off the earth and we had to start over. I am with you, I don't think the wonders of the ancient world are from aliens they are from us...but we were more highly evolved then now.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by DLeitch
it makes so much sense that man has evolved far beyond our current level of evolution, knowledge and skill before...something happened...maybe Noah's flood, maybe some major catastrophe that wiped human life off the earth and we had to start over. I am with you, I don't think the wonders of the ancient world are from aliens they are from us...but we were more highly evolved then now.

.....except for any evidence to support the idea and a great deal against it!

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   

maybe Noah's flood, maybe some major catastrophe that wiped human life off the earth and we had to start over. I am with you, I don't think the wonders of the ancient world are from aliens they are from us...but we were more highly evolved then now.

Great floods did happen in our past. When the ice age melted off, it created many pulses of global ocean floods. Our last great flooding rose the oceans over 124 meters to its present heights. Millions of square kilometers now sit below the oceans and lakes.

It has been proven that mankind has almost become extinct many times before with populations levels below 2000 globally. Science has claimed that we are all offspring of a mitochondrial Eve that most likely was one of the survivors of one of these earth life killing events which has and will occur many time before and again.

High technology does not mean advancement. Advancement means that mankind has reached of level of understanding to live in equilibrium with the world which would mean the elimination of fossil fuel burning machines, mass productions, vehicles and other mass population needed devices.

The earth, I believe hasn't seen a civilization like ours before, but one needs to reassess the definition of advanced ancient cultures.

When mankind moves back to the bush, and lives off the the earth than he has truly advanced. We are not advanced but backwards. Overpopulation is the humans retaliation for being pushed to extinction may times before.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Thunderheart

plastic , it always comes down to plastic .

our whole current civilisation has been built round petrochemical industries.

but why do we presume that any past civilisations had been built around the same ?

is it not possible that any past civilisations could have developed some other means of power ?

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   

If you could provide one single example of a "de-evolution", I might pay attention to this. Otherwise, there is nothing in there that resembles logic enough that it would be anything more than the basis for a nice fiction novel.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

As has been noted before there is no evidence for these unknown civilizations and a great deal of evidence against them.

The idea of a 'eco or minded powered' civilization is nice but even the most eco minded people still use knives and other tools, ie stone tools and metal and that shows up.

To be nearly undetectable they would need to do this....

1. have very few people - but this will tend to limit your technological advancement
2. don't make fires
3. don't make pottery or bake clay
4. don't modifiy the environment in any way
5. don't domesticate animals or plants
6. don't eat shell fish (the middens are easy to spot)
7. don't bury people, destroy bodies at death and disperse the bones - crush the teeth
8. absolutely no use of stone for tools, do not modify ivory, bone or shells either
9. never disturb the earth (by driving in a stake)
10. don't hunt animals and if you do widely disperse their remains
11. move constantly to avoid a build-up of waste, both human and food remains
12. don't live near a lake or other place where sediments, pollen and pollutants gather
There if you do all that you'll be fairly undetectable

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by karen61057

the uk had round pin plugs and not all that long ago , in fact all the plug and sockets used during construction in the uk still use them

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   
The "plug" was probably dismissed as a hoax by experts because Granite is an igneous rock. The only way for the oopart to have been embedded in the granite naturally would mean that it was impervious to the temps at which granite is liquified. The melting point of Granite is about 1215 - 1260 °C. Carbon steel has a higher melting point but it's not an ideal conductor for electricity (Assuming that's what the "plug" is for). Silver, on the other hand is a great conductor but has a melting point of 961* C and would have been destroyed by the liquid magma.

The Skystone looks like Lapis Lazuli to me.... Turns out that Angelo Pitoni who discovered Sky Stone is an expert on Lapis Lazuli.

The article says:

All experts say the same thing, namely that the blue stone does not exist because it is not even similar to any type of rock known in nature of this planet!

Its composition was found to be more than 77% oxygen, along with traces of carbon, silicon, calcium and sodium.

Lapis is the common name for the mineral Lazurite who's chemical formula is (Na,Ca)8[(S,Cl,SO4,OH)2| with a repeating unit (Al6Si6O24) So Lapis contains the following elements:
Sodium, Calcium, Sulphur, Chlorine, Oxygen, Silicon, basically the same as Sky Stone.....

Sierra Leone, West Africa is well known for it's Lapis mining and exports...

ETA: The other problem I have with the plug is that it doesn't look like the Granite formed around it but instead looks like the granite was cut w/a diamond scintered hole saw and the object then wedged into the hole...
edit on 22-8-2013 by Blarneystoner because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-8-2013 by Blarneystoner because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Did a little bit of searching and it's clearly evident that the artifact was placed into the stone... the stone did not form around the artifact.

The Epoch Times

The link above has a picture of the entire rock which shows evidence of wear due to wave action or river action. The rock is rounded and smooth which means it was worn down by wave or river action. Thee's no way the artifact was embedded in that rock when it formed.... clearly a hoax.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 04:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Hanslune

7. don't bury people, destroy bodies at death and disperse the bones - crush the teeth

I was aware that most cultures that were considered of the hunter-gatherer mindset, burned their deceased on funeral pyres...

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hanslune
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

As has been noted before there is no evidence for these unknown civilizations and a great deal of evidence against them.

The idea of a 'eco or minded powered' civilization is nice but even the most eco minded people still use knives and other tools, ie stone tools and metal and that shows up.

To be nearly undetectable they would need to do this....

1. have very few people - but this will tend to limit your technological advancement
2. don't make fires
3. don't make pottery or bake clay
4. don't modifiy the environment in any way
5. don't domesticate animals or plants
6. don't eat shell fish (the middens are easy to spot)
8. absolutely no use of stone for tools, do not modify ivory, bone or shells either
9. never disturb the earth (by driving in a stake)
10. don't hunt animals and if you do widely disperse their remains
11. move constantly to avoid a build-up of waste, both human and food remains
12. don't live near a lake or other place where sediments, pollen and pollutants gather
There if you do all that you'll be fairly undetectable

If you take into consideration that the sea levels were much lower in ancient times, much of the evidence would now be hidden. Much of the world's human populations reside near the coasts and it stands to reason that in ancient times it wouldn't be much different.

I don't subscribe to any ancient alien theories so I'm forced to believe that there were technically advanced cultures lost to modern archeologists. There is too much evidence that survives. Cultures don't just wake up one morning with advanced knowledge of mathematics, engineering, astrolonomy, etc... these discliplines take time to aquire and master. The egyptian and other advnaced engineering cultures were bult on a foundation of knowledge that took hundreds if not thousands of years to develop...

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blarneystoner

If you take into consideration that the sea levels were much lower in ancient times, much of the evidence would now be hidden. Much of the world's human populations reside near the coasts and it stands to reason that in ancient times it wouldn't be much different.

Percentage wise not so much and no the world's population ancient cultures didn't live by the seashore they developed along fresh water, especially rivers, moving to the seashore is more modern development. The guy who came up with that simply made it up. Just think about where the early civilzations arose? Yep rivers.

I don't subscribe to any ancient alien theories so I'm forced to believe that there were technically advanced cultures lost to modern archeologists. There is too much evidence that survives. Cultures don't just wake up one morning with advanced knowledge of mathematics, engineering, astrolonomy, etc... these discliplines take time to aquire and master. The egyptian and other advnaced engineering cultures were bult on a foundation of knowledge that took hundreds if not thousands of years to develop...

There may be evidence YOU believe in but not by people who actually know what such evidence would look like.
No civilization that we know of 'woke up with advanced knowledge' they developed it slowly, in all known cases - but fringe theorist have stated the opposite - so I guess, gosh darn ,it must be true, lol however the evidence known doesn't shows it isn't quite the opposite the known evidence points against the existence of advanace civilizations before us.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hanslune
Percentage wise not so much and no the world's population ancient cultures didn't live by the seashore they developed along fresh water, especially rivers, moving to the seashore is more modern development. The guy who came up with that simply made it up. Just think about where the early civilzations arose? Yep rivers.

You totally missed the point.

Modern archeology claims the same thing you said. My point was that modern archeolgists haven't acknowledged the existence of ancient cities along the coastlines that are now submerged; partly because those cities would have been submerged prior to the "oldest" known cities. Recent discoveries like the ruins off the island of Yonaguni would seem to indicate that there were cities along the coastlines older than 9,000 yrs.

Other megalithic sites show a "reverse" progression where the oldest part of the ruins are the most advanced; Baalbek is a good example of that. You would expect to find a progression from "low tech" to "high tech" but in some sites, the reverse is true.

There may be evidence YOU believe in but not by people who actually know what such evidence would look like.

Not sure what you mean by the above. I said I don't believe in ancient aliens. Are you disagreeing?

No civilization that we know of 'woke up with advanced knowledge' they developed it slowly, in all known cases - but fringe theorist have stated the opposite - so I guess, gosh darn ,it must be true, lol however the evidence known doesn't shows it isn't quite the opposite the known evidence points against the existence of advanace civilizations before us.

I don't believe in ancient aliens so I have to believe that ancient cultures developed the technology to engineer and construct the ancient megalithic sites. But there is no accounting for the build up to that level of technology. It must have been lost or scattered to the four corners. The evidence does not show the opposite, it clearly shows that the ancients were capable of advanced engineering, mathematics and astronomy, as well as incredible feats of construction. The evidence is there... it's all over the globe.

edit on 26-8-2013 by Blarneystoner because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   
deleted
edit on 26/8/13 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 23  24  25   >>

join