It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Extremely High Tech Civilization Definitely Existed In The Distant Past Of Our Planet

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj

Originally posted by PlanetXisHERE
Yes, good catch OP.

For some reason the PTB would like us all to believe that no civilizations existed before about 10,000 BC or about 12,000 years ago. I'm not sure what it is with that date.

I would take a wild guess that any human artifact discovered further back in time than 12,000 years would severely threaten the religions of the world. TPTB want us to remain sheep and fear a god so we don't just up and kill them. Again, just a wild guess.
edit on 6/19/2012 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

Good guess. That would be near the top of my list as well.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by AndyMayhew

That's the problem. What if they used a different power source. We currently fossil fuels with little forays into eco friendly technology.

What if they simply harnessed a different type of energy and used it for "work". Which is what we use electrical energy for today.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by niceguybob
This debate goes on and on. Is carbon dating accurate? It seems like we can pick and choose carbon dating whenever we choose to. But when it comes down to historical artifacts,we lose the sense of a timeframe after around 12,000 years.
??? What's up with that?.

Historical artifacts are not c14 dated mainly because the industrial revolution introduced more carbon into the atmosphere, which threw off the natural carbon balance, so anything from this time period is "thrown off"; dates are inaccurate until you start getting into the 500-1,000 years old range. This means anything "historic" is out of the question. Generally, historic artifacts are dated using the "relative dating" technique, if they don't have the date stamped on them...

We know that carbon dating is accurate because the carbon calendar we use has been calibrated and tested using dendrochronology and ice cores. It's actually very accurate when done correctly. To be carbon date-able the object MUST be organic (No rocks!), it must NOT be shell or taken from underwater (the ocean is the largest carbon flux on the planet, so if we try to date something like a shell and compare it to our terrestrial calender then the date will be wrong, a similar concept as with dating something from the industrial revolution), and the object cannot not be exposed to present molds or other contaminants.

Once objects start to get into the ~50,000 years old range they become less accurate because we simply can not calibrate and test our methods that far back.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by benrl

My question is why Aliens, why is it always aliens? Is it so improbable advanced humans civ rose and fell before the current one?

what do you mean by "advanced"? do you mean they could've had technology that worked on principles we don't know about today? or are you talking about Bamboo Technology? tvtropes.org...

make sure you don't mean they were advanced in a similar way to us today because that would definitely be improbable

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   
This is great. Another thing I remember watching about on the History Channel (I think) was a stone slab with such a straight groove up the side that it could only be made with a machine.

I love the idea that humans were way advanced in the past, even more than we are now. Isn't it amazing, then, how their existence is so far behind us that it has become even less than myth?
That means, if our current civilization were to fall and we had to start all over again, our history would be shrouded in darkness just as our distant ancestors' is.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   
so many things are unexplainable, the pyramids, puma punka, etc etc... we can't even replicate them today... if we managed to develope technology in the relatively short time span we have say since 1880 with the invention of electrucity then it is completely reasonable to assume 30,000 years ago humans could of had superior technology which they had developed over a longer timespan and for some reason all evidence of it vanished... maybe they built space ships + flew away to avoid a world disaster or something... anything is possible really, either that or aliens lol

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by PlanetXisHERE

The way I see it, the Bosnian pyramid wasn't huge news, just as ANYTHING isn't huge news that would force scientists to change everything they have spent 50-100 years building up and assuming. It's understandable that no one wants to rewrite everything or suddenly realize that everything they've worked for is essentially wrong. But it's not understandable enough, to me anyway, to ignore it as if it didn't exist.

Is the plug a hoax? Maybe, but there are dozens and dozens of these discoveries that have been around for decades. I think it's pretty obvious that civilizations have existed way before 12,000 years ago. The "official word" almost always has some kind of agenda. Too bad.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by taskforce4256
reply to post by PlanetXisHERE

"It was obviously built by an advanced civilization"... What is obvious about it? A natural hill with occupational refuse from neolithic to early iron age, and man-made tunnels does not speak of mysterious "advanced" civilizations. Advanced civilizations, as already noted by another poster, require advanced infrastructure. People living in mud huts don't build Boeing 747s.

It all depends. An advanced civilization might have no use for electricity or planes, or any of the technology we employ, if they were aware of laws of physics that we are not. The whole Atlantis scenario sounds like that.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by thepainweaver

There are many dating techniques.
Are they accurate?
Who knows.

en.wikipedia.org...

Thermoluminescence (TL) dating is the determination, by means of measuring the accumulated radiation dose, of the time elapsed since material containing crystalline minerals was either heated (lava, ceramics) or exposed to sunlight (sediments). As the material is heated, during measurements, thermoluminescence, a weak light signal, is emitted, proportional to the radiation dose absorbed by the material.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   
I though this would be a great place to post this. Not everything is what it seems, until you dig for answers. Even bigger then people ever thought.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
So you guys believe a picture of an object on a random website as being 100,000 years old because it says it is? Why so gullible?

Do you realize why you guys aren't taken seriously yet? Even people that watch reality television 24/7 would think to question it.

edit on 19-6-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

The trouble is that this works both ways. People, scientists, sources saying "this isn't true, it's a hoax" don't usually show much evidence either. Were you there when they did all their tests? Did they publish them? I can't count how many things are accepted in "the real world" with no proof whatsoever.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by PlanetXisHERE

Originally posted by muzzleflash
The "Bosnian Pyramid" is extremely unlikely to be a natural formation.

Look at this mathematically, it's sides point to the cardinal directions with high accuracy?
It's angles are 45 degrees exactly from the base to the apex?

It's exactly 1/3rd taller than the Great Pyramid of Giza? Like we are talking exactly within 2 decimals rounded?

Let's get the dimensions and see how easy it is to come up with Pi or the Phi...

Oh it's a normal mountain?
Get real.

The odds of it being naturally occurring are nearly nil.

Thank you for brining some much needed light to this thread. I thought I was going slightly crazy, seeing a well-defined huge pyramid, obviously not a random natural formation - when others on this thread are trying to TELL me othewise.

Luckily I don't like to let others tell me what to think - and try to do my research and thinking on my own.

Hey muzzleflash - what is your opinion on all the disinformation about the Bosnian pyramid? What is so threatening to the PTB to admit it is a pyramid and that it is possibly 30,000 - 40,000 years old?

And this is the thing - sure, maybe it's not what we think it is, but the truth is, no one fully knows exactly what it is. So why not just rest on that - mystery, intriguing mystery. But no, everything is a "natural formation" and has to be explained away.

As I see it, there are two types of people:
1. Those who don't mind if the world we know is not what we think, as in there's more to it in any given way, past civs, life after death, etc.
2. Those who seem to be afraid of that and will scarcely entertain the notion that everything we are or see is all there is and that everything 'can be explained.'

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hanslune
That all known ooparts are either natural, frauds or misinterpretations*. There are some real mysteries in archaeology but they are rarely touched upon by the fringe...

Science: the magic behind the thugs who rule this planet.

The only real mystery to me is that people actually believe the people hiding behind this deception called "Science", when in reality there's nothing but fraud behind it.

The stealth Luciferian agenda is SO obvious but people don't see it because they have believed LIE after LIE!:

"One excellent example of cover-up that still has tremendous political implications is in what the Bible says about Abraham. In the early 20th century experts in the field of archaeology insisted that no civilization even existed in UR of the Chaldeans when the Bible records that Abraham lived there. On the basis that no evidence was currently available they declared Abraham a mythical character.

20th century evidence however has proven beyond any question the existence of an advanced civilization in UR of the Chaldeans during the 21st and 20th centuries B.C. That was Abraham's day! Abraham's historicity is also confirmed by ancient inscriptions that bear the names of almost very town mentioned in Ch. 12-14 of Genesis and one even has his father's name. Archeological discoveries also show these towns were in existence until about 2,000 B.C.- but not later!"

LINK

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Murgatroid

So Science = Illusion?

Maybe not all science. I do believe the majority of science is controlled and maintained.
edit on 20-6-2012 by TheProphetMark because: It's late, so what? Stupid spelling error.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheProphetMark
reply to post by Bone75

I have issue with the the fact that the plug was "accidentally discovered" by an electrical engineer. I'm gonna have to do some research before I can comment any further.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought these artifacts are suspicious. That's another reason why I brought this thread here, hoping somebody would know something about it regarding if it's a hoax or not. I don't excatly have time to do the research myself, because I've been busy.

As for the alien topic. I honestly don't mind aliens. I actually believe in them. I just hate the fact that when people can't explain something about our history, it's always by default that "aliens" are the answers. Maybe our belief in aliens is what keeps us closed minded and keeps us from really opening up our mind to finding the answers. Who knows.
edit on 18-6-2012 by TheProphetMark because: (no reason given)

It's typically religious texts "historical" texts of the ancients (Sumerians are the prime example) that we regard as mythology, and correlating geological and archaeological findings that the people who take the possibility of ET intervention seriously look at for evidence.

The plug could be an amazing find, IMO, if that natives have a legend which correlates to it.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hanslune
Oh lovely

The problem with such claims is no way to verify them.

......by the way the individual Angelo Pytoni wasn't an archaeologist...he was lots of things but not an archaeologist

Granite with a modern looking electronic thingy stuck into a hole cut into it....I would suggest looking up how granite is created

Skystone, there are claims that it was analysized by x, y and z laboratory. Okay lets see these studies and the statements by said laboraties?

Its easy to make claims, it takes a bit more effort to substantiate them

The problem is you are on a conspiracy site so the bulk of the members believe things they read without question if it is a subject they have an interest in (a few on here are obsessed)

The prime example is the granite above,people reading the OP with an interest in this subject will say thats proof but have forgot how granite is formed or didn't even know in the first place!

Granite is formed when magma (molten rock) is forced between other rocks in the Earth's crust. It cools and crystallizes deep underground

Must have been the magma people that use a 3 pin plug

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheProphetMark
reply to post by Murgatroid

So Science = Illusion?

Maybe not all science. I do believe the majority of science is controlled and maintained.

Of course not all scientists are bad but you absolutely MUST understand the true agenda and plans BEHIND those that are in control. Most scientists are as much in the dark as everyone else. Science is just one part of a MUCH bigger picture that must be understood along side of Politics, Medicine, Religion and every other area that has been completely infiltrated and subverted. This is WHY so many are completely deluded and deceived: because they do NOT understand WHO these people are and exactly WHAT they intend to do. These quotes explain:

"We will know that we have succeeded when everything the public believes is false" ~ William J. Casey

“Nothing is as it appears to be.” ~ Robert Booth Nichols

"This is part of the "revelation of the method" in a society that has been demoralized, destabilized, and en masse, is no longer capable of asking for, acknowledging, and acting on the basis of the truth but instead, is socially propelled by myth, deception, self delusion, and fraud." - Henry Makow

“THE ILLUSION WILL BE SO LARGE, THAT IT WILL HIDDEN RIGHT IN FRONT OF THEIR FACES. THOSE THAT DO SEE IT, WILL BE CONSIDERED INSANE.”

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 02:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Murgatroid
“Nothing is as it appears to be.” ~ Robert Booth Nichols

Um, this is a quote from Macbeth

"This is part of the "revelation of the method" in a society that has been demoralized, destabilized, and en masse, is no longer capable of asking for, acknowledging, and acting on the basis of the truth but instead, is socially propelled by myth, deception, self delusion, and fraud." - Henry Makow

A quote from a conspiracy theorist means what exactlty?

“THE ILLUSION WILL BE SO LARGE, THAT IT WILL HIDDEN RIGHT IN FRONT OF THEIR FACES. THOSE THAT DO SEE IT, WILL BE CONSIDERED INSANE.”

A quote by no one, and this should have any weight attached to it because?

Lots of cute little sayings, all meaningless.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 02:56 AM
link   
reply to post by benrl

you didn't get the memo?

well, who would have thought mainstream news would leave out remarkable information..

"Beware the bearers of false gifts & their broken promises. Much pain but still time. There is good out there. We oppose deception. Conduit closing."

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 03:02 AM
link   
reply to post by reeferman

How did they already respond to a message that will take over 25,000 years to reach its destination, which actually won't even be there when the message does arrive? Also how is that an answer to what they sent?
edit on 20-6-2012 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join