It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Extremely High Tech Civilization Definitely Existed In The Distant Past Of Our Planet

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by UltraDOSEcious

Originally posted by PlanetXisHERE

I CHOOSE TO BELIEVE WHAT I SEE WITH MY OWN EYES - A PYRAMID.

"To hell with what everyone who disagrees with me has to say!"

Last I checked, that is called maintaining ignorance.

How about you come back to the real world where we try to learn through gathering evidence, not by believing tricks of our individual minds.

I'd give up if I were you, PlanetXisHere doesn't ever like to listen to reason, he's convinced Nibiru is coming to hit us in 2012, and whatever he says it's got to be the truth even when science proves him wrong because his Biblio site says so...

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   

I thought you said the basis of science was consensus? Please, you can't have it both ways. What you've posted here I'm more inclined to believe, not due overwhelmingly to any profit motive though that may be part of the picture, but because our current modern civilization has existed less than 200 hundred years since the industrial revolution, and we probably have, in terms of physics, astronomy, biology, and chemistry about 0.01% of the universe figured out. Jeez, in terms of matter and energy scientists cannot account for 96% of the universe.....

That you are seeing a contradiction is in your mind only. Consensus changes on subjects all the time, especially when new information is included. I have noted before that the Denisovan find came out of left field and surprized a lot of people and will require a notable shift in theory - which is occurring.

We probably know a bit more that .01% but I won't hazard a guess to a percentage - I'm sure in your world knowledge is half empty while in mine its half full.....but what does that have to do with the chances of an extremely high tech civilization existing, archaeology techniques are well founded.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bone75
reply to post by PlanetXisHERE

Tell ya what... go to Bosnia, climb to the top of this "pyramid", remove the trees and soil to expose the precision cut stones, take a picture for all of us to see, then we'll talk. Until then, we're supposed to be talking about a 100,000 year old plug, and a 12,000 year old "artificial" rock.

I'm very tempted to do that............and just may!

Osmie has been failing at this for a number of years, most amusingly he seems to think its a step pyramid....

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hanslune
Osmie has been failing at this for a number of years, most amusingly he seems to think its a step pyramid....

I am reminded of the title of a great book when I read this, "Extraordinary Popular Delusions and the Madness of Crowds".

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by LetsGoViking

I was raised in the Appalachian Mountains.

I was just looking at photos of some of the peaks to refresh my memory.
I seems that I grew up near quite a few 'pyramids'.

As long as you look at them from the correct angle!

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy
reply to post by LetsGoViking

I was raised in the Appalachian Mountains.

I was just looking at photos of some of the peaks to refresh my memory.
I seems that I grew up near quite a few 'pyramids'.

As long as you look at them from the correct angle!

Wow, who knew the Egyptians made it to the USA?

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Flavian

Yeah there is a hill near my house which at the right angle looks 'pryamidy' too

Here are a few other 'natural pyramids':

etc

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Yes, good catch OP.

For some reason the PTB would like us all to believe that no civilizations existed before about 10,000 BC or about 12,000 years ago. I'm not sure what it is with that date.

For example, carbon dating has shown artifacts found in and around the recently discovered Bosnian pyraminds are 30,000 to 40,000 years old.

bpblognews.blogspot.ca...

Yet if you do a quick Google search on the Bosnia pyramid, the top dozen or so search hits you see the number 12,000 years repeatedly - it's almost as if the PTB want us brainwashed into thinking nothing existed civilizations wise before 12,000 years ago.

Why? Also, why wasn't the Bosnian pyramid huge news? I didn't hear about until years after they discovered it - and the thing is many times larger than the Egyptian pyramids.

I think the reason is this:

Proof of high-tech civilizations 30,000 or 100,000 years ago is proof these ancient civilizations were being helped by friendly ET's - hence proof that ET's are around and in contact with us - a secret they are still attempting to supress but the battle is being lost.

edit on 18-6-2012 by PlanetXisHERE because: spelling

After a bit of research all I could find was that those were not man made. So why would an odd shaped mountain be more talked about than a monumental man made structure that is ancient? I have a hill in my backyard that looks weird should that be big news too?

oops sorry I didn't read all the posts only up to the post I quoted. I see you guys already made my point. sorry
edit on 22-6-2012 by KryptKeeper because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
I don't think for a moment that a high tech civilization existed in our past. The idea is ludicrous. So they find something that resembles a plug.. and that's evidence of a high tech civ? It's just a curio, nothing more. Consider what a high tech civilization would have. Think about what WE have. To have certain products, it requires a LOT of technology. If you think a civilization was "advanced," then you must assume they had factories, transportation, clean water, advanced science knowledge. We'd have found more than a strange plug in a rock. We'd find screws and bolts and plastics and metals and other things that under the right conditions, could last a -very- long time. We have found none of that.

I still think it's funny when we find a curio.. and it's not even a very advanced one (yes.. let's plug that rock in.. or something with gears.. omg GEARS), and people assume it means a highly advanced civilization existed in our past. If we had anything even sort of close to what we have now, we'd have found a veritable treasure trove of artifacts. But we haven't. Because there is nothing there to find.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Let me run with your idea there. Not that an ancient society would necessarily be what I'm going to lay down here. I've written about this before. Someone sent me something that contained some of this concept as well, but it suggested that there were physically hidden interfaces.

I think you might be presuming that an advanced societies tools, structures, entertainment would necessarily have to be permenant matter.

If instead an advanced societies things were not entirely material? Holograms made solid and then when the power is switched off that thing disappears?

Need a hammer? Turn it on, then when you are done turn it back off. Poof. It is gone. No trace to be left behind.

All the knowledge stored in a non-physcial state. Right now if things fell apart, you'd have access to a library. You might be able to scrabble together some computers and decant necessary information from digital storage.

If your hologram interface didn't work anymore, and you have no way of recreating it and no access to the foundational knowledge about manufacturing such an interface.....well you're all screwed.

If your society isn't using materials, then there aren't materials to be left to be found.

This is one of the reasons why I'm leery of full out removal of physical knowledge bases. No physical cache just seems like a really bad idea.
edit on 22-6-2012 by SibylofErythrae because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by SibylofErythrae

This assumes that said non-material civilization started as such instead of going thru our common phases - which would leave traces. A non-material civilization would be nice but to have the high tech to do it you'd have to built it first....unless you go with the mental energy idea......

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   
If they were advanced enough to go into space. Then surely they would have explored the moon. So perhaps we should look on the moon. Were things can be preserved for millions of years, up there we may find the remains of any advanced pre civilisation.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   
What did these 'high tech' people eat?
Man cannot survive by holograms alone!

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Hanslune

Depends on how long the build up to that tech took and then how long the energy-matter civilization existed for. Long enough for the build up period to be swept away? If you had a holographic based home and tools, the messy remnants of a build up phase might even be considered distasteful and so cleaned away.

How long has it taken to go from the cotton gin to the holographic quantum chip (there is a prototype)? A couple of hundred years.

I don't think you need to assume that there would need to be a huge population either. Just because we make a big splash now with 7 billion people with current technology doesn't mean that an advanced society HAS to have 7 billion people to be advanced. Actually, it might be a disadvantage.

If your home and tools were congealed energy, would you be as apt to live in permanent settlements?

en.wikipedia.org...

In this series they extrapolated how long it would take for the normal things you associate with modern life to deteriorate and be reclaimed. A thousand years does a pretty decent job of it.

Originally posted by aorAki
What did these 'high tech' people eat?
Man cannot survive by holograms alone!

Food obviously. Why?

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Food obviously. Why?

What sorts of food?
It should show up in the geologic record (middens, pollen etc) yet

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   

In this series they extrapolated how long it would take for the normal things you associate with modern life to deteriorate and be reclaimed. A thousand years does a pretty decent job of it.

But not to an archaeologist - hundreds of things will survive, glass, brick, ceramic, refined metals, cut gemstones, gold items plus the biggest archaeological asset, the earth itself, the soil retains within it places where it is disturbed. If you drive a wooden stake into the ground, there is a good chance that mark will last for 100's of millions of years and only be destroyed with the crust itself is subducted.

We can also look at what has survived and we find today; 30,000 year old earthenware, 14,000 year old pottery, 400,000 year old wooden javelins, million year old stone tools, etc

So things do survive, the rule of thumb is that 99.999% of stuff doesn't, but over time that builds up, we have pieces of several hundred different Neanderthals, etc

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Food obviously. Why?

What sorts of food?

I think I'm vaguely following you, but I think you might need to be more specific for me. What is it that you think should be there that isn't?

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 01:56 AM
link   
The granite one is an obvious hoax, unless it is some special unknown type of metal, the metal would be completely destroyed by the magma that would later cool and form granite. Granite only forms miles under the earth, usually in mountain chain cores that erode to the surface over time. The depth allows for slower cooling and larger, visible crystals in the granite. Lava at the surface cools so quickly that it never forms any visible crystal structure, but that too would easily destroy any know terrestrial metal. Now if the plug-like metallic object were found in a SEDIMENTARY rock, or perhaps a low-grade metamorphic rock, THEN it might at least merit testing.
edit on 23-6-2012 by bigrex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Food obviously. Why?

What sorts of food?

I think I'm vaguely following you, but I think you might need to be more specific for me. What is it that you think should be there that isn't?

I think that there should be a considerable spike in the pollen record regarding cultivation (necessary for an advanced civilisation) yet there isn't....and when there is it fits well with contemporary understanding.;..

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 04:28 AM
link   

***snip***
I CHOOSE TO BELIEVE WHAT I SEE WITH MY OWN EYES - A PYRAMID.

Please save your disinformation for other sheeple.

Maybe you should check out the satellite picture of the visocica hill?

It turns out that there is ONE side to the perfect pyramid. Perhaps you are wrong in your assertions?

The hill seen from above
edit: Remember to zoom in on the "pyramid"

Say after me please: BAAAAHHHH

EDIT AGAIN:
I see that this point is already made. However - it is OK that this information is spread evenly throughout the post in this thread.

I still think PlanetXisHERE is mixed up about who the sheeple are.
edit on 23-6-2012 by HolgerTheDane2 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join