Stay at home women degrade the status of women in our society.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl

A reply that reeks of arrogance and ignorance.

All ugly women are feminists. Unbelievable. You equate a woman's WORTH with her physical beauty?

Now that's ugly....

I didn't say "all" I said "usually". And it's part of our biology - we're hardwired to seek out healthy mates. Don't blame me, blame evolution.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by grandmakdw
Mods, I'm pretty sure this ended up in the wrong forum. Please move as appropriate. Thanks

hey feminist granny ..........ST EF UP

its the right forum................

why does it even bother you???

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   
I am a stay at home mom. My children are home schooled. My children have done up to 20% better than they would have at a public school. I am subservient to NO man. I will cook, clean, and take care of the house. I feel that is my duty as a stay at home mom. My husband goes to work, that is his part of the bargain. If I put my kids in day-care after they went to school; they would learn nothing. I would have to pay for day-care, between 450-600 dollars a week. I am tired of being told by a feminist movement or anyone else that I am somehow suppressed to have to do what is the "norm". I am nobody's slave, I love my family and that is why I do what I do.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitruvian

My post was satire! Reread it.

Anyway, I wanted the mods to know I didn't care if they had to move it. I am an old lady after all and forgot to choose the category it should go in. Just happened to land in this category by chance.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   
I bust my ass at work. I run a small business (event/party rental) and it is VERY labor intensive work.

That said my fiancee' stays at home with our 5 month old, out of choice. Sure she could be working and have an earned income, but we would have to pay for childcare and that can run up to 300 a week.

We don't trust anyone but our parents to watch our son, and even then it's only for a couple of hours. She keeps our house clean and our 5 month old cared for better then any paid proffesional could. She is the professional.

Like I said I bust my ass in the Texas sun, but she works harder than I do. I love her with all my heart and when I hear jerks saying that "she isn't a productive member of society" it pisses me off.

I wish one of those punks would say that in my presence, I have a short fuse and may very well become violent if they disrespected my love that way.

...big ups to stay at home moms. The backbone of our country!

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by KnawLick

Star for you! I have to wonder how much nicer and more civilized our society might be if more women were able to stay home and raise their children properly. After 7 years of being a mom (I was only able to stay home with him for the first 4 weeks of his life), I still feel guilty every day that someone else is caring for my son instead of me caring for him in our own home.

Additionally, I know more than a few women who would much rather work than stay home and be a mother because going to a job is easier than staying home and truly keeping a home and raising their children.

I say kudos to the stay at home moms. They work hard and for a much better cause than just money.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by trysts
reply to post by tothetenthpower

No. Feminists are the ones who demand economic equality.

Uh! your screen name says "trysts" Can we expect that from all Feminists?

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by grandmakdw

S n f for you.
I rarely (if ever) tell an op this.
But honestly, you made my day.

This morning, I got up, started on our laundry, made my kids a hot breakfast. And started planning out the week as far as school and groceries and social time goes.

And I got to thinking about this argument that I've heard far too many times before.

Somewhere along the way, we went from women being valued solely for their womb to being told they were not worth a cent unless they were working alongside men.

Why can't we find some sort of happy medium without bashing women for their choices??

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by SangriaRed

Good for you! There were many years when my own children were small that I wished I was the one taking care of them. Now I have the chance to do it for my grandchildren and it is a blessing.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Equal economic status could definitely be called egalitarianism, I agree, but what I was saying is that feminists are the ones who demand it. I consider myself a feminist. I don't think the OP is being responsible in implying that feminists have insulted her, but rather she has misunderstood a meaningful and necessary cause. Feminism tries to help women out in the world to acquire equal pay, more choices of jobs, and to disclose many cultural instances of oppression. I know some women are content to keep their mouths shut to get along, but I I'm not, and I am grateful to those who have helped women throughout the years to be free, and to move towards economic equality.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Hey thanks. You know, I have more friends who are working moms often single and are kicking their blooming butts to make a nice home for their kids. I give them super kudos for doing what they need to do and then some to give their families a home and food to eat.

Being a woman with so many choices and so many people trying to persuade you one or way or another is hard.
"You should work." "Stay at home and be a wife." "Work and never get married!" "Be a missionary for God!" "Take care of the parents and the in laws and the kids and obey your man."

Ugh!

Then a woman chooses to take care of her kids and partner in the best way she can.... and it's still not good enough.

Blech. Women really ought to support one another rather then criticize. Solidarity baby!!

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   

The person who said this about women is obviously crazy. There is no shame in being a stay-at-home mother who takes care of the house and the children. I do not think there should be prescribed gender roles, a woman is free to work if she so chooses, but to label stay-at-home mothers/wives like this is absolutely insanity. This is what happens when people allow their bigoted agendas to overcome their reasoning capabilities.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   
UGH feminazis!

I guess servicing your home, husband, children, pets, etc. 24/7 doesn't count as a job because you don't get a formal paycheck, wear a uniform, sit in a cubicle, interview for the job, etc.

Being a stay-at-home mom is 365 day a year job that you never clock out of.

Tsk tsk tsk Guess all you stay-at-home mothers should be so ashamed of yourselves. (I'd like to know about this person's mother growing up and how she raised such a gem)

feminists do a lot of degrading of women, I've noticed.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Excellent (rant) and sarcastic piece on all the hard work you really do do...and so many women like you...and there are many!

I am curious...why did you create this thread in (political....) instead of the (rant) forum?

Anyway...I really enjoyed what you have to say and I so understand your point.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

Actually ended up in this forum by accident. Forgot to choose a forum to put it in. Oops, senior moment.

Glad to see so many comments.

About my Mom, she worked full time the entire time I was growing up. She is a great Mom who bucked the trend as a minister's wife who worked full time. I'm so proud of her. My grandmother also worked a "real" job. They were the women of their day who were bold enough to be themselves despite societal pressure.

Now as an educated woman I am free to be myself because she was herself. I worked many years at several major universities and through it all realized that for me, taking care of others and especially my family was really what makes me feel fulfilled.

When I taught in the social sciences I'd have students tell me "you teach the opposite of what my woman's studies professor teaches, who is right?" I'd always answer, in my class and on my tests I am right, in their class and on their tests they are right. Actually both sides have great research to back them up, even if they seem polar opposite in results. However, it is up to you to listen to both of us and decide for yourself.

Isn't that what feminism should truly be about, being able to be who you want to be: not to have to meet someone else's expectations of who you should be. The same holds true for men and I applaud stay at home dads!

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   
I LOVED your post, OP. Feminists are now something completely different than what they were in the 60s and 70s.

The original idea of feminism was about choice. How dare some screechy harpy go on the air and say that a stay-at-home mom is "bringing down all women"?? What a stupid statement.

My honest feeling, after thinking about it for many years and having gone through working while trying to deal with small children, is that women who get to stay home with their children are blessed, as are their families. I can't tell you how many times the daycare called, saying my kid had a fever or whatever and I had to come pick them up. That meant begging the boss for time off. My older child was asthmatic and there were many times that I had to just leave work and take her to the hospital. Yet my boss acted pissy and said, "Isn't there anybody else who could do that?"

Also, as another poster pointed out, women who work ALSO have to do the vast majority of work at home. Men wonder why their partners don't feel like it when it comes to bedroom time in the evening....try commuting, working full-time, then coming home after picking up the kids and deal with meals, cleaning. laundry, homework, and all the other chores that come with running a household. When I did that, I was cranky, irritable, continually exhausted, and used to have fantasies that I would end up sick in the hospital....How wonderful that would be, just to lay there and GET SOME SLEEP.

Approximately 3 years ago, I finally put my foot down and said that I was tired of having two full-time jobs. I had no weekends, just time off from work to do a crap-ton of housework. So I told my husband, either he pitched in 50%, or I was going to quit. Since he thinks all housework is "women's work", he agreed that I should quit.

I still do plenty of work. I do my share, and then some. I just don't have to kill myself doing two jobs now.

The women's movement has screwed women over. I truly believe that. Men haven't really changed AT ALL. Women's situations have changed, for the worse. No kid should be raised by daycare. Families are rushed, stressed, unable to spend quality time together, and there is too much frozen and fast food being served because mommy is too burned out to cook.

I told both my daughters, when they have kids, stay home with them. I hope there will come a day when one parent, whether the mom or dad, stays at home with the kids and makes a home for the family.

But that would mean that jobs would have to pay a liveable wage, so that families could live on one income....and that would hurt the corporate bottom line, wouldn't it?

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower

No no..

You misunderstand. That would be egalitarianism. Feminists actually believe in female superiority my friend, not equality among men.

The definition of feminism has been warped to be some how about "equal" rights, but it's not. It's a misnomer.

~Tenth

Thanks, Tenth. You guys are all very brave to express your valid viewpoints. Some feminists have a tendency to play dirty and viciously tear down anyone who has different views than their own. That only hurts their agenda, for if they listened to what other people said, they might learn something.

I have had the privilege of reading some feminist articles by more open-minded feminists who do listen to what other people say, and they have some great points in them. The closed-minded feminists are really damaging the whole movement, in my opinion.
edit on 18-6-2012 by darkbake because: (no reason given)
edit on 18-6-2012 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Yes, economic equality. I agree with you and other feminists on that one as long as pay is performance based. In other areas of the movement, feminism has won, leveled the playing field. They have done this with pushing for the freedom for women to make their own decisions. When feminism is critical of decisions that women make, I see that as counterproductive to the movement. A stay at home mom is just as important, if not more important than a working mom. Its the fact that there is now a choice in the matter thats important.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by SilentKoala

I dunno, I'm ugly and kept, guess I bucked biology.

Anyway, it used to be feminism was about choice, now it's just become about getting some power. Sad, personally, I like staying at home with my baby. Jean's a lot of fun and honestly, when I worked I barely got to see my husband. He's happier this way and get's a little frightened when I mention going back to work. Yes, we don't get to buy as much stuff, but we don't really need it. Time with family is more important than material things. I guess I'm degrading the femnazi's, oh well.
edit on 18-6-2012 by antonia because: added a thought

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   
I can just salute you dear grandmakw,
It's always glad to see a non brainswashed women in the 'developed' western society where children are being treated as toys.
Don't bother about what anyone tells you, women like you have always kept the society intact and organized from the beginning.
When i see working mothers, i wonder who is more pitiable, the child or the mother??

exclusive video

new topics
top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join