It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Test your ignorance

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by ImmortalThought

“How very paltry and limited the normal human intellect is, and how little lucidity there is in the human consciousness, may be judged from the fact that, despite the ephemeral brevity of human life, the uncertainty of our existence and the countless enigmas which press upon us from all sides, everyone does not continually and ceaselessly philosophize, but that only the rarest of exceptions do so. The rest live their lives away in this dream not very differently from the animals, from which they are in the end distinguished only by their ability to provide for a few years ahead. If they should ever feel any metaphysical need, it is taken care of from above and in advance by the various religions; and these, whatever they may be like, suffice.”

On Philosophy and the Intellect - Arthur Schopenhauer

I think most strive for and find a certain ease in a life of ignorance. It's their choice, so we must let them have it.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   
I am ignorant of negativity.

Nah, I can be pretty stubborn sometimes, but I take everything with an open mind.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   
how do I know what I don't know ?

lololol

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by ImmortalThought

Everyone is. We all are ignorant to a point until we truly know.

And that comes with times and experience. Hm, seems that the only cure for ignorance is wisdom.

But i could be wrong

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImmortalThought
One very simply question:

Are you ignorant?

discussion

I'm trying to learn but it's a long road. Most people on Earth are in the beginning learning stages, in terms of school we'd be the Kindergarteners. There is so much to learn about so many things and most of it still is unfathomable.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13

One very simply question:

Are you ignorant?

discussion

Ignorance (or witlessness) is a state of being uninformed (lack of knowledge).[1] The word ignorant is an adjective describing a person in the state of being unaware and is often used as an insult. Ignoramus is commonly used in the US, the UK, and Ireland as a term for someone who is willfully ignorant.

[color=cyan]YES I AM[/COLOR] I try to learn so I wont be as much.
edit on 6/18/12 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

I would agree. But, how can an ignorant person deterime his or her own ignorance?

Yea, that doesn't work for me. Through experience, I've learned that I was incorrect in my assumptions, and ignorant of what was really going on. I apply this to future situations, and now assume I'm ignorant first.

So how do I determine my own ignorance? Through experience, hindsight, and wisdom.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   
The day that I think that I have learned everything I need to know, is the day that I become fully aware of what and how ignorance comes about!!

Peace, NRE.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   
I am most certainly ignorant. I don't relate ignorance with stupidity like a lot of people do. I am always learning new things but just between us .... I hope I stay ignorant until I die because I never get tired of learning new things! Sending positive vibes to all!

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   
What does ignorance mean?

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 03:31 AM
link   
It depends on the subject matter being discussed. Everyone has strengths and weaknesses when it comes to how well they have been educated. Even the most seemingly "ignorant" person probably knows a great deal about some obscure/uncommon topic, while the most seemingly educated and knowledgeable person probably has a few topics they lack knowledge in.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 03:47 AM
link   
The real question you should ask is whats worse?

a slight case of ignorance? or too much knowledge?

Careful because its a loaded question, each has their advantage and both equally can be hindering.

There is nothing wrong with ignorance....everyone shares this trait. It is the sole reason we pursue knowledge in the first place...the drive to know more.

Yet too much knowledge can leave one jaded. Too much of anything isn't good for you.

So you have to find that balance of understanding. So that one may turn ignorance into knowledge at that right moment to create wisdom.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join