ATS Regent Election: Vote Truth 2012

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   
You have a request to join a discussion HERE.

Please share you views as a candidate in this election.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

Thanks for the head up, friend.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

Hey! We finally got internet back! Supposedly, a fiber optic cable got cut while they were doing maintenance, but since this was the second time this happened in the past week with the same excuse, who knows what really happened. (We've caught this service provider making things up as they go on previous occasions, so we never are sure what is true and what isn't with them.)

Nice! Ferris Bueller's Day Off is my favorite John Hughes movie. An awesome Beatles song, too. Bonus!

As a completely off topic aside, my daughter and husband are both huge Beatles fans and I had so much fun watching them playing the Rock Band Beatles disc last night. My daughter is just learning to play the RB bass and she did surprisingly well for her first time playing. I, unfortunately, am hopeless at the instruments, but tend to do really well on a lot of the vocals and usually my daughter just shares the mic and sings with me. I had such a blast watching her learn (and do well on) a new aspect of the game.

I know...brain rotting mindless entertainment. I'm okay with allowing a bit of that sometimes, though. The kid just got done with 6th grade with straight A's and since she has maintained straight A's since first grade when they started offering letter grades and also placed into a handful of advanced track classes for next year I don't mind letting her kill some brain cells on a video game. Bad mommy that I am.

Anyway, back on topic. SAVE FERRIS!

Take care,
Cindi

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Glencairn

Hey! We finally got internet back! Supposedly, a fiber optic cable got cut while they were doing maintenance, but since this was the second time this happened in the past week with the same excuse, who knows what really happened. (We've caught this service provider making things up as they go on previous occasions, so we never are sure what is true and what isn't with them.)

Welcome back to the internet my friend! You were missed!
Yeah, you never know with some of these companies. You would think that they have some knowledge as to where these cables are...Especially after the first time they cut it. Oh well, just glad to have you around.

As a completely off topic aside, my daughter and husband are both huge Beatles fans and I had so much fun watching them playing the Rock Band Beatles disc last night. My daughter is just learning to play the RB bass and she did surprisingly well for her first time playing. I, unfortunately, am hopeless at the instruments, but tend to do really well on a lot of the vocals and usually my daughter just shares the mic and sings with me. I had such a blast watching her learn (and do well on) a new aspect of the game.

Ah, now I am jealous! I wanted that game, but I only have a ps2. They never did release it for Ps2. Oh well, I am not ashamed to admit that I have every Beatles album on CD and again, most on vinyl.

Tell them I said to rock on!

I know...brain rotting mindless entertainment. I'm okay with allowing a bit of that sometimes, though. The kid just got done with 6th grade with straight A's and since she has maintained straight A's since first grade when they started offering letter grades and also placed into a handful of advanced track classes for next year I don't mind letting her kill some brain cells on a video game. Bad mommy that I am.

What a smart girl! Admittedly, I never had straight A's in anything. I can only imagine how proud you are of her! I say, let her have some fun, she sure earned it!

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Great times ahead! Time to get back to grass roots!

Keep on rocking!

Vote Truth_2012

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Thanks! I am proud of my daughter, she is amazing! She put in a lot of work to get the grades that she did and I feel the same way, that she earned her Rock Band time.

We've been playing Rock Band for years with my sister and brother-in-law on their xbox and my b-i-l kinda lost interest in Rock Band and gave everything to my husband so we could still play. Kept his xbox, but we were able to transfer all of the downloaded songs and get the discs and my husband's parents got him his own refurbished xbox for his birthday. He has played the Beatles disc so often I don't know how that thing still works anymore.

I missed chatting with everyone last night, but finally got to read everything and get caught up. Great job with the debates. I enjoyed your answers and think you answered wonderfully.

I get frustrated with our internet provider, but they are the only service available out where I am. It's them or nothing. On the positive side, I did get them to agree to credit us for the two nights we were without service over the past week.

My husband has most of the Beatles albums, I believe. He and my daughter could listen to them non-stop. I really like their music, but I, on the other hand, need a break to hear other music occasionally.

I can't wait to see where the debates go next. You are doing a great job!
Take care,
Cindi

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   

The weekend is here !

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Is it presumptuous to ask both of you if I can add you as friends? I wasn't sure of the etiquette on this, so I figured it would be best to ask before just adding people as my friends willy-nilly. Of course, if you'd be more comfortable if I didn't, just let me know. It's all good and I won't be offended.

Take care,
Cindi

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Glencairn

Friends are always welcome.

BTW,I have 3 children also............

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Thanks! I think I did it right. Just under your avatar, right?

I love having other parents to talk to, too. How old are your kids? Have they hit the 12 going on 17 stage yet? I think that my daughter's new default is "I know IT ALL" right now.

I think I should probably stop hijacking GST's election platform thread with my chattering, though. I don't think that was the intention in creating this thread. Sorry GST!

Take care,
Cindi

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Hey, add away, friend

No need to ask me. I always welcome new friends

And yeah, you did it right. Just under the avatar, you click there where it says member and hit add as friend.

And don't be shy to post here. You are more than welcome

Truth_2012
edit on 22-6-2012 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

My favorite Beatles song just so happens to be, I Am The Walrus!

I am he as you are he as you are me and we are all together!

Also, I hope you don't mind but I have added you both as friends as well.

Truth_2012

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   

I am honored.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Thanks! Ohhhh, I just saw your post. Thank you for adding me, too. I am honored to have both of you as friends.

I just realized that the socializing and my chattering were taking away from your campaign platform and felt guilty for diverting the attention from were it should be. I am having an unholy good time getting to know everyone and chatting, though.

Also, only two people can play Rock Band at a time and right now that's the husband and kid. I'm just having fun watching. They just played the best song, though. It's by Jonathan Colton called "Re:Brains" I just listened to the lyrics and couldn't stop laughing. I don't know how to embed it, but oh myyyy, it fits right in here at ATS.

Anyway, I just felt bad for distracting from the original topic at hand in this thread.
Take care,
Cindi
edit on 6/22/2012 by Glencairn because: Apparently, I'm "such a girl" for being excited to have new friends.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Is this it?

All you have to do is take a look at the URL for any youtube video. Copy everything after the v=.

Then go into a post and click the "vid:youtube: button, paste and hit enter.

So, for example with this songs URL.

http://w ww .youtube.c om/watch ?v=Snb_rkKpIFw

Each youtube link has that v= so just copy everything after that, then when writing a posting, just click the "vid:youtube" button, paste and enter.

Does that make sense? Always happy to help out.

And really, I welcome your posts. I want everyone to feel comfortable and have a good time. If anyone has any questions about my stances or what have you, they are free to ask, but in the mean time. Kick back, relax and have fun.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Yes! That is the one. It is hysterical. Thanks for the tutorial, too. That actually looks like it is surprisingly less complicated than I thought it would be.

Okay, since we have your blessing to hang out and chat and visit here, I will just enjoy without guilt. (Like ice cream, but without the calories... or something.) Or maybe chocolate. Except that I'm a picky eater and really don't actually like chocolate (and yes, I know, I'm likely the only girl on the planet who doesn't). Well, the occasional Marabou, I guess. It's a Swedish chocolate and it and Godiva are the only two kinds that I like. So, now that we have gotten my chocolate preferences out of the way...

Anyway, thanks for posting the video and teaching my how to add them in the future. I was amused to hear the lyrics.

Take care,
Cindi

edit on 6/22/2012 by Glencairn because: Apparently, proof reading isn't my strong suit tonight.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   

haha, no worries. Glad to help you out. Happy to be of service!

That song is too funny!

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   
How are both of you doing? I hope that you both had a good day today. I spent the day packing my daughter up for her trip with Grandma. They are going on a covered wagon ride camping trip in Wyoming. I will be kidless for a full week!

GST, I hope that your relative is doing better and continuing to improve. Your family is still in my thoughts.

Take care,
Cindi (who really isn't saying "Hey! Entertain me", despite appearances.)

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   

I am doing great. I decided to get back to a more grass roots style campaign for a while. Spreading the truth and encouraging people to get out there and vote.

(Time to shake things up! )

My family is doing well. My family member is well. He is expected to get out soonish. How soon, I am not sure yet...But cross your fingers. He is ready to go home and finish recuperating there. I can't say I blame him.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   

What do you mean by a more grassroots style campaign? Is it something that we can help with? I think that a lot of what you say is resonating with people because it is common sense.

Though, my husband was reading some of the threads with me and was amused by this quote of yours:

Diplomacy is my big stick and I am swinging it for you.
He said that unless it was intended as a double entendre (which is why he was amused), you might consider rewording that one for future use in case others aren't so amused.

Otherwise, if there is anything that we can do to help, please don't hesitate to ask. I have a ton of time on my hands coming up with my daughter's trip and I am more than happy to help in whatever way you need.

Take care,
Cindi

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join