It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christian doublespeak? Say it ain't so!

page: 13
<< 10  11  12   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Foreshadow

Yeah, I read the Revelation of St. John yesterday from start to finish.

Here is the summary:

- John has a dream

- John is mad at the seven churches of Asia because they (like modern fundamentalist Christians) are preaching a lie.

- John writes each of them a letter that says "Y'all are about to open a can of whoop-ass and this is what it looked like in my dream."

- Then, after all the frog-demons and whore-dragons, John reveals the TRUTH of God. The grave and "hell" will give up their dead, and then "death" and "hell" will be cast into a pit of fire and be destroyed.

What John is saying is antithetical to modern Evangelical Fundamentalism. He says even if you die; even if you descend into darkness, you will have an opportunity to choose life everlasting, or to have your existence blanked out.

It is clear that free will wins in the end. You have to actively CHOOSE to be destroyed, because (earlier in the Bible) Paul says it is God's will that ALL THE EARTH will be saved.

So I would say the hypocritical, self-indulgent, blasphemous, conceited, judgmental,arrogant attitude of fundamentalism is Satan (the worship of self, or ego).

I don't mean to offend those who routinely kill homosexuals, kill those who say bad stuff about their parents, burn priest's daughters at the stake and withdraw themselves from society anytime they have a bodily discharge.

To you Leviticans I say, "Huzzah! You have followed the Law!"

Also, welcome to Federal-Pound-Me-........Prison.

Ironic, also that the New Testament says those that live according to the "law" of your ancestors are doomed.

So, in short:

Either the Bible is literal, and all true, in which case frog demons will crawl out of the earth; or it is figurative and suggests that the old ways are wrong and the only thing that really matters is love.

Also ironic that we are commanded in Ecclesiastes to live according to the law of the land, which includes (now) gay marriage.

What happens if you kill a gay man, according to Leviticus, and you go to prison and are sodomized? Do you go to hell?

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by emsed1

please ignore this loon. We are only supposed to read the parts that agree with our preconceived notions.
Actually reading and understanding the Bible for what is truly is, is well........blasphemous!

Great Post Emsed1.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by emsed1
Either the Bible is literal, and all true, in which case frog demons will crawl out of the earth; or it is figurative and suggests that the old ways are wrong and the only thing that really matters is love.

Actually, If you read it and accept it as all true, then at the end there is only one thing left to do.

Keep Jesus' commandments and wait for his return.

That is all that is left to do at the end of the book.

The problem is, some are stuck in earlier chapters.

Like if they were reading Harry Potter, they do not believe Voldemort has been destroyed, because they have not seen it for themselves.

Some have to see it for themselves to believe.

Blessed are those who believe having not seen.

Voldemort is dead.

Oh yeah...

He comes!

He comes quickly!

edit on 20-6-2012 by DeathbecomesLife because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-6-2012 by DeathbecomesLife because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by DeathbecomesLife

I agree. And He gave us one Commandment above all, "Love one another."

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by emsed1

I agree. And He gave us one Commandment above all, "Love one another."

Love you brother!

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 02:43 AM
link   

actually, this "argument" of yours reinforces my position... the minute one of your hypothetical "re educated" kids breaks free from the propaganda which supports his "faith" he will have the opportunity to experience that turnips do not fall from trees.

and regarding the logical fencing skills of Pascal, he is not the only newb in the religious camp.

in fact the entire con requires gullible people.

is there any other thing in your WHOLE LIFE that you ever bought without evidence?

i know your insurance policy isnt "real" like a pet rock is real...

BUT YOU STILL MADE THEY GUY SIGN IT RIGHT? i mean you wouldnt take something like an insurance policy on someones WORD ALONE would you?

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 03:33 AM
link   
There is no devil or satan except those created out of the precept of FREE WILL...

An All Mighty, Omniscient, Omnipotent Creator of all that is seen and unseen...has no adversary, never has had an adversary and never will have an adversary...

A99

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12   >>

join