It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christian doublespeak? Say it ain't so!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Saurus

How much dark matter has been brought into a lab ? Science clearly has to have it both ways in my view.
edit on 19-6-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
reply to post by Saurus

How much dark matter has been brought into a lab ?

For that matter, how much light has been brought into a lab? Everytime they 'bring' particles of light into a lab, and try and quantify it, they say it escapes in the form of a wave. Are you sure it's really there?

Perhaps it's just its dual nature that prevents us from truly understanding...?
edit on 19/6/2012 by Saurus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by DeathbecomesLife

With a word.

Even the creation of the universe is embeded in our lingo. Uni-Verse. One word

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   

For that matter, how much light has been brought into a lab? Everytime they try and quantify it, they say it escapes in the form of a wave. Are you sure it's really there?
reply to post by Saurus

It's speed has been measured. Now you're reaching. Light has been broken down, bent and sent,

Cern.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Here is some of the evidence scientists have been gathering.
NASA Finds Direct Proof of Dark Matter
CRESST team finds new 'evidence' of dark matter
edit on 19-6-2012 by no1smootha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   

reply to post by randyvs

It's speed has been measured. Now you're reaching.

So they say, but also that such mesaurements are only relative to what we know, and not absolute (i.e. relativity theory).

The also say dark matter's mass has been calculated.

Are the differences between the reliability of the claims so clear-cut as to say that one is definitely right and the other definitely wrong?

I am a chemist, and I do research in the lab every day. Very often, I find something that doesn't behave as expected, and then publish the results, and this is the nature of all research. As a scientific researcher, I am more skeptical of scienctific 'facts' than most non-scientists, since I see first hand how little we actually know.

One of my favourite quotes:
"It not the things we don't know that get us into trouble. It's the things we know that just aint so."
~Will Rogers

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by no1smootha

Science by it's own protocols says dark matter does not exist. How do you explain that ?

Saurus

"It not the things we don't know that get us into trouble. It's the things we know that just aint so."

A great quote indeed. I'll swap you one.

"We know one billionth of 1% of absolutely nothing. " Thomas Edison.

Will rogers was quite a different human being.

" I know of two things that go to infinity. The universe and the stupity of man. I'm not real sure about the universe. '
Albert Einstien

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Science by it's own protocols says dark matter does not exist. How do you explain that ?

Saurus

It's not the conclusion I'm questioning, it's the premise.

I don't trust Science.

"We know one billionth of 1% of absolutely nothing. " Thomas Edison.

Very nice and very true.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Saurus

Ok, scientifically, it is now speculated that two thirds of the mass of the universe is made up of dark matter. That would make darkness something, wouldn't it?

Not exactly. Dark matter isn't "darkness", it's just stuff we can't see from our current location.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by network dude
So I have to ask, is there a devil or not?

If I may offer a quick opinion. The devil is the ego-self in symbolic form. When our center of identity begins to move out of the ego-self and into our higher self, the ego-self fights back, so to speak. It will use every dirty trick in the book. Fear, doubt, hate, pain, etc.

edit on 19-6-2012 by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by BlueMule

The devil is the ego-self in symbolic

New Age ?
No backing with the authority of say, the Bible. A book that comes to us by some miracle from antiquity.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   

The devil is the ego-self in symbolic

New Age ?
No backing with the authority of say, the Bible. A book that comes to us by some miracle from antiquity.

I don't understand what you're trying to say.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Where did you get your ideas ?

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Masonic Light

Not exactly. Dark matter isn't "darkness", it's just stuff we can't see from our current location.

As far as I understand it, it cannot be seen from any location, by any method, and we would still not be able to detect it were we in a different location.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Where did you get your ideas ?

From many mystical/religious experiences and from years of studying comparative mythology, comparative mysticism, comparative religion, parapsychology, analytical psychology.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Getting back to duality. How can one measure goodness? How can one measure kindness? Don't you have to have the alternative in order to measure anything?

Weight is based on gravity. Weight is a constant on earth, but not in space. In space weight does not exist. Which brings me to my next question. If you scream in space, does it make a sound?

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   

reply to post by randyvs

Getting back to duality. How can one measure goodness? How can one measure kindness? Don't you have to have the alternative in order to measure anything?

Weight is based on gravity. Weight is a constant on earth, but not in space. In space weight does not exist. Which brings me to my next question. If you scream in space, does it make a sound?

link   

Originally posted by BlueMule

So I have to ask, is there a devil or not?

If I may offer a quick opinion. The devil is the ego-self in symbolic form. When our center of identity begins to move out of the ego-self and into our higher self, the ego-self fights back, so to speak. It will use every dirty trick in the book. Fear, doubt, hate, pain, etc.

edit on 19-6-2012 by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

I believe God is in every one of us. His spirit is with me wherever I go. Not just to watch, but to guide when I ask, or perhaps when I need it but don't realize it. Knowing that, I guess I would have to agree with your statement and say that our ego is the inverse of God's will, so that would make it the devil. So the devil does not exist.
You should have came sooner. We could have solved this long ago.

link   

reply to post by randyvs

My brother contends that there is no such thing as goodwill. Game theory agrees with him. Everything anybody does has some type of payback. Even if the payback is just a good feeling, it is still motivation for doing something, so your motivation was selfish from the start. You might think it is charity, but in reality doing charity brings you joy, and therefore it was a selfish act.

It is a tough circular argument to crack. I'm not sure I agree, but it is a tough one to crack.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   

reply to post by randyvs

How do you truly quantify any word?

Goodness for example. What would be your baseline for goodness?

Goodness = what?

As it is an unknown, lets call it X

X = What?

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join