It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WW2 Propaganda From The Allies.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
I like looking at old propaganda posters. the Russian communism ones are the coolest. I have been looking at the propaganda of the allies in WW2. It is pretty interesting. Some of the posters are so stupid that they are funny.

Some Disney propaganda.

Anyone else have any propaganda from the allies?
vector.tutsplus.com...
edit on 18-6-2012 by Germanicus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Ride alone, and you ride with Hitler, eh?

edit on 18-6-2012 by satron because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by satron

Car pooling must have been very important

Its crazy to think that resources were so scarce. Hard to comprehend really.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Germanicus
h

You have a few I hadn't seen before - There might be something you don't have here - www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by hhcore

h

You have a few I hadn't seen before - There might be something you don't have here - www.abovetopsecret.com...

Cool.

And you didnt even tell me to use the search

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Cool.

And you didnt even tell me to use the search

Nah, I'm not anal like that : P
Always good to see updates or something new.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
NICE!! I hadn't seen a bunch of those propaganda posters, OP! Great collection.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   
It is hard to believe, but resources were in very short supply.

My folks grew up during the Great Depression and WWII, and they have told me many times about how their parents were issued stamps and stamp booklets each month to buy groceries and gas. If you used up your stamps before the end of the month, you were out...that's it.

There was rationing on all items at all levels. Sugar, gas, coffee, basic staples, even wood and metals. During the war, auto production ceased and was used to build weapons and machinary. There were massive scrap metal drives to round up metal for shells and ammo.

Consider the scale of production. By 1945, a B-24 Bomber was rolling of the line every 29 minutes...fully armed and fueled and ready go. The most famous German tank.. the Tiger Pzkmfw VI... was only produced to around 2000 or so. By comparison, the US produced 49,000 Sherman Tanks... that's a lot of metal. That doesn't include the Lee, Grant, Stuart, Hellcat tanks and variants or the halftacks and jeeps...produced in the hundreds of thousands. Think of all those guns....50 cal, 30 cal, M-1 carbines...some are still in use today there are so many.

I can't remember the numbers, but the US was finishing and settting sail a couple of Liberty Ships every day...probably more. Consider the manpower...and they all ate 3 square meals a day....all those uniforms.... all that cotton.

Things were so tight in my hometown, a clever business man opened a second gas station beside his first gas station just to have the extra allocation of gas to sell.

The onl civilian vehicles and machinary produced during WWII were trucks and tractors... all which enhanced production and distribution of food and materials.

People did grow lots of gardens so they would have something to eat...

As for "Loose Lips Sink Ships.".... That was a real danger. There were many German sympathizers here in the USA and any info might give away a charted course or departure time and give a U-Boat WolfPack an opportunit. Here off the coast of NC... there are dozens of sunken hulks of freighters that never made England... hundreds more up and down the east coast.

Remember, even as late as 1944... victory was not a sure thing. read the papers of Eisenhower or Bradley or Patton... they all knew that WWII could have been lost by the Allies. And we had already suffered hundreds of thousands of casualties by that time. In bombing raids over Germany, we were losing about a third to half of all the planes on that bombing run....and consider that the crews numbered 7-10 men depending on the bomber.

And considering the tragedies and brutality of the enemy... we had to win.
edit on 18-6-2012 by AlreadyGone because: spelling

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by AlreadyGone

Not mention if Germany made the first atom bomb we would be either speaking German or if your a minority dead

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by satron

Car pooling must have been very important

Its crazy to think that resources were so scarce. Hard to comprehend really.

Germany must of had a lot more propaganda like this. Not only were they fighting a war, but they were burning a lot of people up. I wonder how much of their energy consumption was from that alone?

top topics

join