It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Long until one of these Drones crashes on a Home near You?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
It going to happen....It's just a matter of time.

I am certainly no expert....But I assume they carry some nasty stuff.

How long until protecting us....Kills some of us.

NANTICOKE, Md. (WBOC/AP)- A U.S. Navy drone crashed early Monday afternoon in a marshy area on Maryland's Eastern Shore, military officials said. There were no reported injuries on the ground and no damage to property. The Broad Area Maritime Surveillance Demonstrator unmanned aircraft being tested by the Navy went down at around 12:11 p.m. near Bloodsworth Island in southern Dorchester County, the Navy said in a release. The 44-foot-long aircraft is one of five aircraft acquired from the Air Force Global Hawk program. The Navy said the BAMS-D program has been developing tactics and doctrine for the employment of high-altitude unmanned patrol aircraft since November 2006. The Navy is investigating the cause of the crash. The Coast Guard set up a safety zone around the area where the crash occurred.

Why do they need a safety zone?

www.wboc.com

Recent ATS thread on drone crash

I don't like this idea of unmanned anything flying over my house.

I predict a future disaster.....Any Thoughts?

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   
How long will it be till you crash your car on the way to work?

This risk is to high, we must begin walking down muddy country footpaths to work NOW before its to late,

edit on 18-6-2012 by TritonTaranis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by TritonTaranis

I'd be cool with that! At least the air would be cleaner and the scenery prettier.

Edit: The other thing is if someone crashes their car then they would be held accountable! Who will be accountable when the drones malfunction?

Also humans (driving cars) have a vested interest to NOT smash into a house, as it would be pretty painful for them. Do you think the drones care?

Not exactly a very good comparison to be honest.
edit on 18-6-2012 by mee30 because: (no reason given)

Edit2: One more thing, the cars primary function isn't to keep us "safe" (nor is the drones but they are supposed to be), so again not a good comparison.
edit on 18-6-2012 by mee30 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by TritonTaranis

This risk is to high, we must begin walking down muddy country footpaths to work NOW before its to late,

Wow...

That was the first reply...Did I interrupt your grazing time?

What muddy country footpaths?

What?

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   

How long will it be till you crash your car on the way to work? This risk is to high, we must begin walking down muddy country footpaths to work NOW before its to late,

Let me extrapolate from your... erm... comparison.
So that means that in order to keep Americans safe, a drone is as essential as a car for displacement ?

Did I got that right ? Or did you meant something else ?

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by SolidGoal

How long will it be till you crash your car on the way to work? This risk is to high, we must begin walking down muddy country footpaths to work NOW before its to late,

Let me extrapolate from your... erm... comparison.
So that means that in order to keep Americans safe, a drone is as essential as a car for displacement ?

Did I got that right ? Or did you meant something else ?

The guy just wanted to derail my thread.

It worked. I was serious about wanting a discussion on the topic.

I guess this issue does not bother anyone else.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Yes, it will eventually happen.

The real question is, is the risk greater than manned aircraft?

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   
I'm far less worried about a drone crashing than an airplane, a helicopter or a bus. Is this a serious thread? I take it you are paranoid about drones, but there are MUCH better arguments than 'oh noes! one might crash!'.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by NuclearPaul

We have all heard stories about pilots steering away from homes and schools.

Also, we have no idea what these things are carrying.

I would say the risk is slightly higher.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   
I'm more worried about how long we have until these drones start bombing and killing us by the hundreds

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by whyamIhere

Yeah, I was expecting some sort of intelligent discussions about the perils of using armed drone in the US and the crash potential of them.
But heh, I guess the general feeling is like "things crash... deal with it".
Maybe next time OP.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by whyamIhere

Originally posted by NuclearPaul

We have all heard stories about pilots steering away from homes and schools.

Also, we have no idea what these things are carrying.

I would say the risk is slightly higher.

They are carrying the same thing everything else flying aroung in the sky is. And why would the person controling the drone not steer away from a home or school? The fact they smaller, carry less fuel and have no passangers sure as hell makes them safer than a manned chopper or plane doing the same job.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   
As for the safety zone, they have a higher use of composites and other materials that aren't safe to handle or inhale and people at crash sites ALWAYS pick up pieces of debris for a souvenir.

There is as much chance of a UAV hitting your house as there is any other plane. UAVs like the Predator fly mostly over less populated areas, and are transported around the world in other aircraft like the C-17 or C-5.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Year 2013 is going to suck big time:
We will have 30,000 drones flying overhead scouting for defectors from Martial Law while the same people that caused it are hiding underground bombing their civilians like a video game. It is going to make it that much harder to live off the grid when flying eyes are everywhere.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by whyamIhere

Originally posted by TritonTaranis

Wow...

That was the first reply...Did I interrupt your grazing time?

What muddy country footpaths?

What?

I thought I'd dress up like a little cartoon character for this one, so triton can understand my words.

Cars don't crash simply because they lose power. I hope this is understandable. Just pretend I jumped out of your box of cereal, and it will be easier to understand. I'm on YOUR side, triton, really, I am.
edit on 20-6-2012 by davidmann because: (no reason given)

top topics

join