It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why I hate evolution..

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by CoherentlyConfused
And the above two posters' replies (above Pardon?'s) are exactly why these threads are useless and do nothing more than waste energy.

At least evolution and even the testing of the abiogenesis hypotheses provides some possibilities and could even lead us to finding proof of god. I don't have any problem with anyone being satisfied with "god did it." But for me to believe that, I need proof and until i see it, there's nothing the creationist theory can do to convince me it's truth.

Personally I'm not satisfied with "god did it" I want to learn and know about what he did. To say all Christians don't like science is incorrect. You made the comment there's nothing creationist theory can do to convince you, well that’s actually part of point I've been making about the evolution theory, any evidence that conflicts with evolution is ignored. I can sit here and list out allot things, I listed 4 pages of fossils a while back and there tons of stuff where that came from. But it’s pointless, people aren’t going to see what they don’t want to see. Happens over and over again, I don’t believe in Creation simply on faith, I could take the point of view some Christians have in God created life than it evolved, but that’s not where I see the evidence pointing when I look at it objectively. It easy to be on the side of Evolution when we never see what the other side is saying, and yeah there some dumb info out there, but there is some good evidence too.

Take something seemingly simple that detailed culture of Stegosaurus in an ancient Cambodian temple, it’s there, so do you blow that off as yeah I’m sure where there some explanation for it or do you really sit back think “how in the world did those people know what stegosaurus was?”

There tons of little things like that always blown off, but when you take the time to look and think logically another picture starts forum other than evolution.....but then we only see what we want to see.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tbrooks76
Take something seemingly simple that detailed culture of Stegosaurus in an ancient Cambodian temple, it’s there, so do you blow that off as yeah I’m sure where there some explanation for it or do you really sit back think “how in the world did those people know what stegosaurus was?”

The same way they knew what 'aliens and ufos' were.

They didn't, because Cambodians weren't worshipping Stegosaurus.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jobeycool
Every single time Evolutionist defend themselves from attacks,they will simply say you do not understand science.All you do is observe science with your own eyes and learn about it.
A chimp that shares 98% of DNA with humans somehow tells evolution we evovled from ape like men.All it tells me is chimps and humans have DNA that is 98% match.I think it is common sense that humans and cats and dogs would never have this kind of match on DNA,because they walk on 4 legs and other 2 legs.
Why I think this crap comes down to common sense and has a lot of BS all through it.
Chimps and apes resemble humans more than dogs and cats people.
edit on 19-6-2012 by Jobeycool because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-6-2012 by Jobeycool because: (no reason given)

I take it you have studied genetics and analyzed the genomes of various organisms? If so, back up your claims. Oh wait, you haven't, nothing to see here. Guys, it's really because animals have 2 legs and other have 4! The entire field of genetics means nothing

WHY ATTACK SCIENCE? WHY? Nobody has answered this question and I've been asking it for months. What could you possibly gain by demonstrating your clear ignorance about a theory you know nothing about. It only makes creationists and like minded people look bad. If you've got data to post then post it, if not you have no credibility at all.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by iWantToBeelieve

And in science a Theory is a body of facts.

Just like gravity is a theory.

Get your facts straight.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by iWantToBeelieve
reply to post by Tbrooks76

Lol @ all these blind people in here attacking you. They talk about a theory, as if it is fact. These evolutionists need to realize their evolution theory, is as far fetched as us believers in God. To base a belief on a theory, not facts, sound a little bit like religion, does it not? Evolutionists have created their own religion, and it has its own god, "science". These people.... lol. Somebody needs to switch on our junk DNA and fast, to save these retards.

I don't mind the attacks, I knew starting this post it was an up hill battle. As far science, this not evil or anything, I love science...just don't like when its misused. Evolution isn't science, its bad theory hiding behind bad science.

It's pretty funny how you think the science supporters are "attacking" you, by correcting the errors you are speaking about science, but then you won't even admit you are clearly the instigator in this thread and are attacking science. Correcting you is not attacking, it's denying ignorance, which is the mantra of this website.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by EvilSadamClone

a proposed explanation whose status is still conjectural and subject to experimentation, in contrast to well-established propositions that are regarded as reporting matters of actual fact. - Theory.

So before you go ranting again, YOU get your facts straight.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Evolution is not a fact, its a theory. So why did you stop reading after he stated it is not fact? Do you limit yourself to only Theories? Sad existence if that is what you do.

Surely you can cite specific examples of the bad science behind evolution and the experiments that show otherwise without resorting to lies, strawmans, and misunderstandings from creationist websites. Oh wait, you've never studied science in your life. "It's just a theory"
Oldest lie in the book.
edit on 19-6-2012 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Barcs
WHY ATTACK SCIENCE? WHY?

Because science, like religion, is a foreground belief based on presuppositions and erroneous foundations. It is an interpretation, not an explanation.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by LesMisanthrope

WHY ATTACK SCIENCE? WHY?

Because science, like religion, is a foreground belief based on presuppositions and erroneous foundations. It is an interpretation, not an explanation.

Science is a method of fact gathering that works. Religion is a guess based on the unknown. Either way, why does it justify attack? Are you saying religion should be attacked as well?

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Barcs

Actually, I have a batchelors in business management, and I took biology I and II, so you stating i've never studied science in my life, is false. Don't ASSume things, you come out looking like the ASS. As for the many reasons why evolution just doesn't hold strong, here's a LONG list.

www.remnantofgod.org...

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   

reply to post by Barcs

Actually, I have a batchelors in business management, and I took biology I and II, so you stating i've never studied science in my life, is false. Don't ASSume things, you come out looking like the ASS. As for the many reasons why evolution just doesn't hold strong, here's a LONG list.

www.remnantofgod.org...

Studying basic biology courses in school isn't the same as dedicating your life to a field of study in science.

If you were qualified to speak on this, you could surely back up your claims? Show me the faulty science without creating a strawman. Good luck.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Barcs

You just refuse to look at facts. You stated I never studied science in my life, I showed you I had. You didn't state if it would have to be my lifes study. Also I just gave you a link, did you not read any of it? There are MANY holes in your evolution THEORY. So thanks for you convoluted replies. I am done with this "creature" that calls himself Barcs and assumes he is the all knowing.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by LesMisanthrope

WHY ATTACK SCIENCE? WHY?

Science is a method of fact gathering that works. Religion is a guess based on the unknown. Either way, why does it justify attack? Are you saying religion should be attacked as well?

Attack the scientific method? No. Science is a tool. Thats like attacking a hammer for hitting nails.

edit on 19-6-2012 by LesMisanthrope because: forgot an entire word

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Barcs

Why do you assume Science and Religion can't co-exist? Seems like a VERY narrow minded view of both.

Science isn't strong enough to stand on its own weight if a Creator is introduced?

The Bible doesn't say HOW God created the universe, life, etc. your just assuming He wasn't responsible for what you call science...

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by iWantToBeelieve

My facts are straight. there is a huge amount of of facts to support the theory.

You get YOUR facts straight.

Christians; you never can have an honest discussion with them.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   

To say all Christians don't like science is incorrect.

I never said any such thing.

You made the comment there's nothing creationist theory can do to convince you, well that’s actually part of point I've been making about the evolution theory, any evidence that conflicts with evolution is ignored. I can sit here and list out allot things, I listed 4 pages of fossils a while back and there tons of stuff where that came from.

I haven't seen anything that directly disproves evolution. Do you care to explain how your links you posted disprove evolution?

But it’s pointless, people aren’t going to see what they don’t want to see. Happens over and over again, I don’t believe in Creation simply on faith, I could take the point of view some Christians have in God created life than it evolved, but that’s not where I see the evidence pointing when I look at it objectively. It easy to be on the side of Evolution when we never see what the other side is saying, and yeah there some dumb info out there, but there is some good evidence too.

What evidence is it you have that ultimately proves intelligent design for you?

So far, between intelligent design and evolution, evolution has all the evidence and intelligent design has none. I like evidence, so when intelligent design offers me some, I'll certainly take it into consideration. If some evidence pops up that shows how a cyclops from a parallel universe burped us all into existence, then I"ll consider that, too.

It's art work. Maybe they found bones and drew a picture of it. We have all kinds of pictures of what we think extinct dinosaurs looked like but it certainly doesn't mean we live with them.

There tons of little things like that always blown off, but when you take the time to look and think logically another picture starts forum other than evolution.....but then we only see what we want to see.

Scientific theory is based on a set of facts. You can't disprove facts, they just are, so yeah, I guess thinking logically and looking at all the direct evidence--the only picture that forms for me is that life evolved into what it is today over millions of years from simpler life forms.
edit on 19-6-2012 by CoherentlyConfused because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
I fear you wasted your time writing this. The big bang and evolution are not the same. That is like me saying that Christianity and Hinduism share the same gods and story. I applaud your effort, now as you said go back and do the research, you will find that you have jumbled up your theories. while you are at it find some science, and i mean real science, to back intelligent design. If you are going to hold evolution to that standard so should you hold intelligent design to that standard.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   

I would love to respectfully discuss the issues....

I can be the Christian protagonist. Go!

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Lol, that last statement of yours was quite the laughable kind. As for you leaning on a theory as fact, thats the more hilarious. If everybody believed theories to be fact, we'd still be in the stone age with the theory that the earth is FLAT. You leaning on the fact its a theory makes it the less strong an argument. I theorize that the center of a black hole is filled with unicorn #. It must be true right? Until you can prove it wrong. As for your lil' comment about Christians, it shows your intellect. Must be a middle school or high school kid out on break. That time of the year again! Just because someone claims to be christian, does not mean they do not believe in science, for I live my life by science. As for a theory that has as many holes in it as it does "facts" for it, well, says enough for itself.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Lol, that last statement of yours was quite the laughable kind. As for you leaning on a theory as fact, thats the more hilarious. If everybody believed theories to be fact, we'd still be in the stone age with the theory that the earth is FLAT. You leaning on the fact its a theory makes it the less strong an argument. I theorize that the center of a black hole is filled with unicorn #. It must be true right? Until you can prove it wrong. As for your lil' comment about Christians, it shows your intellect. Must be a middle school or high school kid out on break. That time of the year again! Just because someone claims to be christian, does not mean they do not believe in science, for I live my life by science. As for a theory that has as many holes in it as it does "facts" for it, well, says enough for itself.

Are you scolding him for leaning on theories when you yourself are—leaning on theories? And why rather than attack his ideas do you resort to ad hominem? tsk tsk.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join