It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why I hate evolution..

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by deepankarm
Your arrogance is laughable as you are equally ignorant but you won't admit.

This is coming from someone who equates science too religion (ignorance) and dismisses it out of hand (arrogance)?

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ
reply to post by deepankarm

Whoever or whatever created this whole program is a genius IMO.

You have ZERO objective evidence suggesting a creator created all of it

On the other hand, we have TONS that support the theory of evolution...not least the FACT that we are actively applying the theory in modern medicine. If it were wrong, we wouldn't have many of the meds we have today.
You aren't understanding my point.
Your 'OBJECTIVE EVIDENCE' is questionable itself.
How you analyze any evidence??
Through your eyes,ears,nose,skin,tongue and mind.
Can you see what they are??
These are programs which enable you to understand and connect within this system.
Have you ever considered why you can't answer the questions of 'why' but only how??
Can't you see the limitations of these programs.
We didn't made these programs and what we sense, we have no control on that.

We are just programs whose control is in the hands of someone or something.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Whoever or whatever created this whole program is a genius IMO.

You have ZERO objective evidence suggesting a creator created all of it

On the other hand, we have TONS that support the theory of evolution...not least the FACT that we are actively applying the theory in modern medicine. If it were wrong, we wouldn't have many of the meds we have today.
You aren't understanding my point.
Your 'OBJECTIVE EVIDENCE' is questionable itself.
How you analyze any evidence??
Can you see what they are??
These are programs which enable you to understand and connect within this system.
Have you ever considered why you can't answer the questions of 'why' but only how??
Can't you see the limitations of these programs.
We didn't made these programs and what we sense, we have no control on that.

We are just programs whose control is in the hands of someone or something.

When multiple, independent people from anywhere around the globe acknowledge the same thing through their senses, you can hardly call it a delusion.

But more importantly, what exactly is your point? All you're doing is pointing towards solipsism (a pointless philosophy) and declaring "See? We can't trust science!". Science has given us all of the wonders of technology and medicine we have today. It works. It's not some vague, subjective concept.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by john_bmth

Your arrogance is laughable as you are equally ignorant but you won't admit.

This is coming from someone who equates science too religion (ignorance) and dismisses it out of hand (arrogance)?
I didn't dismiss science nor religion.
Both have positive and negative points but i do find hardcore followers of both funny.
When you don't question what you believe,
you are a sheep.
Modern world is blindingly following science and that's bad.
I question everything.
Can science answer the why questions??
If no, then why not??
Science can't.
But since Science, the holy cow can't explain it, you will say it's irrevelant.
Example is the theory of evolution.
You can answer how the process happens but can't explain why should it happen??
And since you can't, you will ignore it.
Your God is the 'inability to answer the why questions' or should i say 'irrevelence''.
Can you see the trend of both science and religion??
They are both escapists.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Last I checked we use technology to make up for the shortcomings of our senses. But maybe I'm wrong and we still live in the middle ages where technology can't do that

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 07:38 AM
link   

And what questions does religion answer, exactly? There's been tens of thousands of religions, all of them giving completely different and contradictory answers to the "why" question. I think I'll stick with objective evidence and critical thought rather than wishy-washy myths and legends for such questions, thank you.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by john_bmth

When multiple, independent people from anywhere around the globe acknowledge the same thing through their senses,
Yes and what tells you this.
Your eyes and your mind.
So the logic is, since my eyes and mind tells me that there are billions of people with the same senses see the same, i should believe my eyes and mind.
Good.lol.

But more importantly, what exactly is your point? All you're doing is pointing towards solipsism (a pointless philosophy)
Aha. See 'pointless' is the word.
I thought atheists and science love this word. You tell religious folks that there is no point or purpose of life, don't you??
Why are you frightened of a 'pointless' theory''??

Science has given us all of the wonders of technology and medicine we have today.
This is a pathetic reason to blindly follow something and never question it.

It's not some vague, subjective concept.
It's subjective for sure but humans won't question it because humans love excitement.
But it's definitely vague.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Last I checked we use technology to make up for the shortcomings of our senses. But maybe I'm wrong and we still live in the middle ages where technology can't do that
And how did you made that technologies, using the eggs of santa chicken??
I see, you made technologies using your senses for your senses. Right.
What is your point??
Infact it's the senses which told you they were malfunctioning.
Lol. It makes you a slave.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   

reply to post by john_bmth

When multiple, independent people from anywhere around the globe acknowledge the same thing through their senses,
Yes and what tells you this.
Your eyes and your mind.
So the logic is, since my eyes and mind tells me that there are billions of people with the same senses see the same, i should believe my eyes and mind.
Good.lol.

You ever been on an air plane? Had any medical treatment? Used the internet? If you want to believe that's all a delusion, that's fine. I'll keep reaping the benefits of this "subjective" science.

Aha. See 'pointless' is the word.
I thought atheists and science love this word. You tell religious folks that there is no point or purpose of life, don't you??
Why are you frightened of a 'pointless' theory''??

Answer the question.

This is a pathetic reason to blindly follow something and never question it.

What? Get off the internet, then. Throw all your appliances away. Stop taking any medication. Scrap your car. Go live in a cave somewhere. You're a hypocrite. You denounce science yet reap it's rewards.

It's subjective for sure but humans won't question it because humans love excitement.
But it's definitely vague.

It's neither subjective nor vague. It's all very specific and testable. The fact you cannot grasp this and instead put faith in wishy-washy pseudo-philosophising is your problem.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   

And what questions does religion answer, exactly? There's been tens of thousands of religions, all of them giving completely different and contradictory answers to the "why" question. I think I'll stick with objective evidence and critical thought rather than wishy-washy myths and legends for such questions, thank you.

Still waiting for an answer to this. What questions does religion answer?

link   

Why should the offerings of religions influence what you believe??
Why you depend on the others or outside knowledge??
Since, religions don't satisfy you, so your purpose of life will be to blindingly follow some concept which dosen't even include 'why'??
Why don't you look for the answers on yourself ??

link   

The point is, those technologies work...while creationism has ZERO proof and often is demonstrably wrong. For example, we know for a FACT that the global flood never happened and we know people can't survive inside whales...yet there's billions of people believing in a book that states just that. That's CRAZY!!

Here's what I think:

You are a creationist, and to give your belief more credibility, you pretend that science is just as much a "guess" as your irrational non-backed-up faith. That's nuts, sorry!

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Why should the offerings of religions influence what you believe??
Why you depend on the others or outside knowledge??
Since, religions don't satisfy you, so your purpose of life will be to blindingly follow some concept which dosen't even include 'why'??
Why don't you look for the answers on yourself ??

You haven't answered my question nor addressed any of my points. Stop ducking the issue. I'll state my questions again:

And what questions does religion answer, exactly? There's been tens of thousands of religions, all of them giving completely different and contradictory answers to the "why" question.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Still waiting for an answer to this. What questions does religion answer?
Did i mention somewhere that i am a religious person??
If yes, then my religion is the knowledge which i gained from outside and inside of me.
Man's habit is to swing into extremes.
First we used to blindingly follow religious dogmas and anyone who didn't was prosecuted.
In future, the name of god or religion will be made illegal.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Stop floundering and answer the question. What actual questions does religion answer? What are those answers? How do you balance the cognitive dissonance of knowing that all the tens of thousands of religions have different answers to those questions?

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   

The point is, those technologies work...while creationism has ZERO proof and often is demonstrably wrong. For example, we know for a FACT that the global flood never happened and we know people can't survive inside whales...yet there's billions of people believing in a book that states just that. That's CRAZY!!

Here's what I think:

You are a creationist, and to give your belief more credibility, you pretend that science is just as much a "guess" as your irrational non-backed-up faith. That's nuts, sorry!
You are just ignoring my point.
How can you prove those things work without using your senses??
And if you can't do that, then you are just a slave of your senses .
That's exactly what i want you to acknowledge.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Stop trying to move the goalposts my ducking my questions and adding more to your own. I've responded to every point you have raised but you have yet to response to mine. Instead, you've made some vague statements and started asking more questions. I'll make it very simple for you:

Q) What questions does religion answer?

Simple, direct stuff. Now the obvious follow up is:

Q) What are these answers?

Again, simple, direct stuff. The obvious follow up to this question is:

Q) Why are the answers different for each religion?

If you continue to side step my very reasonable and direct questions, I have no reason to respond to you any further.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Stop floundering and answer the question. What actual questions does religion answer? What are those answers? How do you balance the cognitive dissonance of knowing that all the tens of thousands of religions have different answers to those questions?
Why should i depend upon religion to answer my questions??
I am neither a religion follower nor a science follower.
I follow knowledge and that's my religion.
I also find creationists views funny.
You have to acknowledge that science can't answer the why questions, you have to find those yourself.
I won't recommend any worldly religion to you even in my dreams.

edit on 23-6-2012 by deepankarm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Stop trying to move the goalposts my ducking my questions and adding more to your own. I've responded to every point you have raised but you have yet to response to mine. Instead, you've made some vague statements and started asking more questions. I'll make it very simple for you:

Q) What questions does religion answer?

Simple, direct stuff. Now the obvious follow up is:

Q) What are these answers?

Again, simple, direct stuff. The obvious follow up to this question is:

Q) Why are the answers different for each religion?

If you continue to side step my very reasonable and direct questions, I have no reason to respond to you any further.
I will give it a try.
Religion claims to have the answers to everything.
God, which i don't believe too.
But you consider it a lie because your senses tell you so.
But i question my senses too.
Until and unless you acknowledge there is something beyond the limits of your senses and you are just a puppet, you will continue on the same path.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

Here's what I think: You are a creationist, and to give your belief more credibility, you pretend that science is just as much a "guess" as your irrational non-backed-up faith. That's nuts, sorry!
Are you blind or simply joking??
What is the logic you used, kindly tell me.

new topics

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22 >>

join