It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why I hate evolution..

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 07:14 AM
link   
i believe no matter how hard we look we will never find the answer until we stop looking, life is a paradox, it is but isn't, it can but cant and theres always a but.

people say we came from nothing

but there is no such thing as nothing because nothing is something.
life is everything apart from nothing because nothing lives for ever without living,
what is nothing and something and lives forever with out living? your soul?

but.......

spirituality is a lie but the truth if you believe it to be, it can also create inner peace.

the answer lies in the perfection nobody believes in... whats the perfect lie? you are the perfect life.

this is my perfect truth which is your lie.

if god returned as a man and said to you, i am god. why would you believe him?
you would probly say well if your god you must have all the answers and speak the truth.
god would then say yes, i do, then he would ask you, what is the answer if nobody knows the truth??
you would probly look blankly and reply, your god you tell me.
god would then say, the truth is not the truth, the truth is anything you believe it to be. i am god believe in your self 2 believe in me,
together we can change the world.
god would then give you his answers to his life and remind you that a life in love is never wrong an every life is different.

we see what we need to see, until we see what we wont to see then we will see everything without seeing anything
seek an you shall find nothing you don't believe in which is why its so important to believe
im happy to be nowhere a spec of dust who nos all about nothing
the creator of my own destiny

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by life12god would then say, the truth is not the truth, the truth is anything you believe it to be

And at this point you slowly begin to back away from the person claiming to be a 'god' before he starts eating your face....

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Prezbo369

i am not god i am love, if i die you die
i am not devil i am fear, if i live you live
i am not man i am life, my love lives when my fear dies
i am not heaven, hell or earth, i am what you make me

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Have you not thought that the simple fact we cannot explain everything is because we do not have enough knowledge to understand it all yet?

I mean... I am clearly an atheist, but it doesn't make me an idiot who screams at and bashes deists and religious around me. We can talk, we are intelligent people and we can agree that we have different ideas.

This being said, I do not for one imagine that what some call a god can exist or has ever existed. To me it is simply impossible. Based on this, I basically have to rejoin the ranks of evolutionists if I want to have some explanations on "the universe and the whole thing".

But clearly, we fail at joining all parts together, we do not know enough. But we're gaining new knowledge every now and then, and rather quickly I would say. We didn't even have any knowledge of galaxies just a few centuries ago... We're making steps forward, but the road of universal knowledge is ... probably infinite!! Get a mathematician explain this now!

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ
So 17 pages of people trying to argue against evolution using pseudo-science and blatant lies...entertaining

I'd laugh more, but it's actually quite sad and shows how bad the education system really is.

...and it also shows how dangerous religion really is to the wellbeing of humanity. Seriously people...how long are we as a society and a civilization going to permit religious nutters to make decisions which affect all of us sane people?

This has gotta stop.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   

For crying out loud, that ancient bee DNA clearly shows that those bees had DIFFERENT DNA than bees today!!! They weren't the same, so you saying they've always been around is COMPLETE AND UTTER NONSENSE!!

What's even more amazing is that the linked article describes that in great detail...yet as always when facts go against your preconceived notions, you simply ignore it.

99% of the species that ever lived on this planet are now extinct!!

PLEASE at least read the Wiki intro article to evolution, you aren't even getting the basics of the theory.

Right? It's like arguing the reason evolution isn't a fact is because otherwise there would be a difference between the DNA of smilidon and the modern-day house cat instead of them having an identical genome.

Er---excuse me--make that smilidon-chimps. Whatever the hell that's supposed to mean.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 05:09 AM
link   
reply to post by SpookyVince

How can you have an intelligent conversation with romeone who's "different ideas" contradict reality? This is not about personal opinion, this is about the denial of scientific facts. That's just ignorant and such people deserve to be challenged for airing ignorant ideas and attacking science they do not understand.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tbrooks76
Part 1 of 2
Evolution is just a bad idea.
It’s been passed off as fact, claims to be scientific, and is offer as natural explanation for creation without the need for a supernatural God.
However when you dig into it you find that Evolution and creation actually have more in common than most people think.

If people started owning up to the similarities and started to try and join the 2 then what would everyone have to fight about? These similarities don't just stop here. Philosophy, science, religion, spirituality its my belief they all share origins. Unfortunately we still allow ourselves to be divided. Creationism, evolution, its all the same to me.
Sending out a positive vibe!
edit on 22-6-2012 by TRGreer because: Added a thought.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by milominderbinder

Originally posted by ElohimJD
I like your horse of reason and logic, but I must admit both of those qualities are subjective and only exist within the individual. What is reasonable and logical to one is irreasonable and illogical to others.

Anyway thanks,

God Bless,

LOL. Where did you go to school? Read up on the logical fallacies and then feel free to come back here and correct your statement above.

Logic = derived from the greek word "logos" which means the thoughts that reveal a way of thinking = subjective

Your logic reveals your way of thinking.

The above definition is where I derived my statement from, there is no need to insult me, I have insulted no one with my words. And there is no need for correction on my part as I understand where the word logic comes from and its original meaning fully.

I have a Bachelor's degree from the University of Northern Colorado, and a Master's Degree from NYU.

God Bless,
edit on 22-6-2012 by ElohimJD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   

So 17 pages of people trying to argue against evolution using pseudo-science and blatant lies...entertaining

I'd laugh more, but it's actually quite sad and shows how bad the education system really is.

...and it also shows how dangerous religion really is to the wellbeing of humanity. Seriously people...how long are we as a society and a civilization going to permit religious nutters to make decisions which affect all of us sane people?

This has gotta stop.

The problem is... .all religions, (Except Budhism, but then I don't personally classify this as a "religion"), teach us that we are the rulers and owners of this planet.... they all teach us we are above all other living things... This is a frightening idea, and an idea that continues to cause pain and suffering for every other living thing on earth.....

Until we embrace our true origins, and become somewhat humble with regards to our place in the universe, then we will never advance as a civilisation...and this is the problem.... with religion we can never be humble, or at least humble enough to solve our own problems......

We are no different than any other living being on this planet... we are all governed by the same laws... we MUST live in symbiosis with our environment... and that is the problem... religions teach us that we have risen above the laws of nature... which we have to a certain extent.... but certainly not to the extent that is suggested....

PA
edit on 22-6-2012 by PerfectAnomoly because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   
I will consider evolution right when i can judge it on my own.
Difficult to understand my theory??
I believe that what we call science is equal to religion or any belief.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   
I think that you hate evolution because to some Christians, Creationism has become an article of faith.

In other words, out of many many ideas in the bible, you have fixated on the old creation story. If the creation myth of the old Jewish religion is somehow less then accurate, you feel that you faith is being questioned.

My position is and will remain... If God exists and evolution exists then evolution is God's tool.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tbrooks76
part 2 of 2

So why do people believe and fight for evolution…well for a few reasons..
1. They have been convinced by what they think is good a science.
2. They just blindly believe whatever the popular opinion is.
3. I can’t see God, so the logical explanation is evolution.
4. They don’t like the alternative (God) so they use denial to continue to believe in the evolution.

Ok, so 1-3 on that list isn’t too bad, but I think most people that truly fight for evolution fall into being number 4, denial. Now if you think people don’t use denial to defend this belief I can prove it. Evolutions say dinosaurs existed a little over 200 million years ago, and were not on the earth as the same time as man. It thought you as kid and ingrained into your mind along with everybody else. But is popular opinion a fact, or something we heard was fact so many times we take for granted. So what would happen if there was evidence to contradict this theory, per the scientific method contradicting evidence would mean the theory would go back to a hypothesis or would just show the theory was flat out wrong. However what is really happening in science is when contradicting evidence is found it is sweep under the rug, and is denial prevents evidence from being considered. Many text documents both biblical and non-biblical talk about dragons on the earth. Dragons/ dinosaurs: tamatos and tomahtos, they are same thing, tons of them mention in ancient text; this is ignored despite documentation from many ancient civilizations. Not to mention drawings of them, there is a very detailed drawing of Stegosaurus in an ancient Cambodian temple. How did they draw something they didn’t see, that really can’t be justified. Oh, yeah 1000s of text account is fictional and every drawing is a hoax. Even if there is no evidence for a hoax it has to be because it doesn’t fit into today’s theories. The evidence is right in front our faces, but for some reason we refuse to look. Next you may ask why haven’t and fossils been found with people in the same layer as dinosaurs, well they have, but active denial by the majority that wants to be in evolution has prevented this from being considered as evidence. Just google “Amazing Discovery Near Montrose, Colorado”. In fact tons of evidence in the fossil record is ignored if it debunks evolution, and only fossils that support the evolutionist hypothesis is considered as evidences. If it not ignore an excess is made up, if a human fossil is found in the wrong layer, they are miners, that’s why they were there.

To sum up all the above,
Evolution is a bad hypothesis and no less more supernatural then creation, it starts with life created itself yet never has been experimentally proven. The backbone of Evolution is unproved, with many failed attempts. Observations are made to fit the theory, and don’t prove life created itself. Even the very act of evolving doesn’t prove life can create itself. Any observation that contradicts evolution is omitted from the hypothesis or is assumed a hoax.

edit on 18-6-2012 by Tbrooks76 because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-6-2012 by Tbrooks76 because: correction

lol cmon a stegasaurus on the cambodian cave wall?

uhh no that is not even close.

looks more like and iguana to me...

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by ElohimJD

I have a Bachelor's degree from the University of Northern Colorado, and a Master's Degree from NYU.

Judging from your posts, those degrees are not in any shape or form related to evolution

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by deepankarm

No we really can't

Mostly because science is based on OBJECTIVE EVIDENCE while religion has none of that whatsoever

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   
"I don't understand it! Therefore Destroy it!" That's the gist of those who are on the side of creationism. I'm not bashing but that's what it seems like to me. The information they tend to use in their anti-evolution arguments come from Religious websites, the arguments in turn are pumped out distorted and mangled.

Now I can understand it's not an easy thing, to let go of your beliefs, but if you don't understand something, go out there, look for information, educate yourself, yeah you may have a Degree in Math or whatever... but that doesn't make you knowledgeable in another subject.

If you don't understand something, learn about it, if you find the one proof that discredits the Theory of Evolution...hell you'll probably get a medal or something great. And, yes please learn what THEORY means in scientific terms.

That's all.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   

I like your horse of reason and logic, but I must admit both of those qualities are subjective and only exist within the individual. What is reasonable and logical to one is irreasonable and illogical to others.

Anyway thanks,

God Bless,

LOL. Where did you go to school? Read up on the logical fallacies and then feel free to come back here and correct your statement above.

Logic = derived from the greek word "logos" which means the thoughts that reveal a way of thinking = subjective

Your logic reveals your way of thinking.

The above definition is where I derived my statement from, there is no need to insult me, I have insulted no one with my words. And there is no need for correction on my part as I understand where the word logic comes from and its original meaning fully.

God Bless,

In what, may I ask?

Logic is purely objective. It doesn't care about one's bias or personal preferences or belief systems. In the old days (not so long ago), it was one of the Liberal Arts that every single educated person learned.

It's the study of VALID reasoning--you then decide which forms and arguments are valid and which are fallacies. There is nothing subjective about it. True, it's more concerned with form than good reasoning as a whole, but that's where rationality comes in.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Since I hadn't really expressed a view or comment about my own thoughts on the subject of Evolution, I think I will now.

I have no problem, grasping to concept that once life began, it evolved or adapted to the environments it came in contact with. As time progressed, adaptation occurred and as the Eons pass, and the Millennium add up, we have a fossil record that is FAIRLY COMPLETE.

But I also have no difficulties in appreciating this as the tool of GOD, that was brought forth to bring life to this planet.

Evolution, in my humble opinion, is currently at a WALL. Somethings which have occurred in the last few thousands of years (25000-55000) can not be explained through evolution.

Yeah, I get the premise or suggestion we have an ancestor that stems from the Primate Family.

But there is no proof that this is a FACT. And despite the passing comments made by those whom tend to subscribe to such considerations, and the evidence they offer to poise their position, they opt to forget other puzzling facts in the statements they base their evidence upon.

Let's be Frank. We have all heard and/or been told Chimps and Modern Man share a DNA which is 98% identical between the two.

That is quite a measure to argue against, and one which in plain sight, seems to point to the pre-conceived concept they wish to support.

Is it not also true,.............

That Chimps have approximately 10% MORE DNA than Humans?
That Chimps have unique DNA found at the ends of their Chromosomes, which humans do not have?

Just curious questions which do not get the same attention as the 98% Match does.

Other questions come to mind.

The Rapid Brain Expansion vs the Time Frame.
The Rapid Skeletal and Muscular Changes vs the Time Frame

Things that make it more difficult to accept Evolution expresses the reality of ALL LIFE on this planet, and more pointedly, by it'self.

Some offer Intelligent Design had to have some involvement, which I tend to believe.
Some offer Alien intervention had to have happened to alter man into what he is today, which I tend to believe.

Call me what it is you would wish, but........

I offer, GOD and the Angels, which are exactly what I.D. and A.I. are in fact, had to have shaped mankind into what he is today.

These three "additional" intervene'ers, are one and the same. All are Alien to Earth, All are Intelligent, All are capable of creating or reconstructing flaws in mankind.

The only difference is in NAME, and the fact some are simply unwilling to Utilize the Last Title, since they have an ax to grind of some sort.

To close, I believe that the Life Spark, of all life was created by GOD, (I.D. for other's, Alien for other's) in the Beginning. I also believe that Evolution or Adaptation is inherent in Life and that from that beginning, life became what the fossil records support. I also believe that the recreation of MAN, (Mankind as the species he is today) took place some 50000 years ago, (Subject to + or - 10000-20000 Years), and that it was a result of I.D. / Alien Intervention / God and his Sons that we today are what we are today.

I have always been supportive of finds in the Fossil Record, and have taken a great interest in the leaps we are seeing coming from China, that is offering alternative views of what we had previously considered in respects to the appearance of Dinosaurs, (ie, "Feathered" for example), but, and let's go for a big BUT, Evolution can not account for everything that has appeared to have taken place.

I trust the view I have offered is understood. I realize that to some, I maybe a looney of sorts, but I an entitled to be. There is no law against it, unless I get nabbed and housed in a FEMA/Detention camp.

Thanks for taking the time to review, and in no way am I wishing to be conflictive against anyone else or the views they have of their own. We are all entitled to have our own views, and should be able to express them freely and openly for consideration whenever we can.

Have a good evening.

Ciao

Shane

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   

No we really can't

Mostly because science is based on OBJECTIVE EVIDENCE while religion has none of that whatsoever
And that's why science is the same.
Why??
Because, what you call 'OBJECTIVE EVIDENCE' is nothing more than what we perceive through our senses.
But hang on.
Did you create your own senses or did the humans created it??
I think not,Right.
You don't control your senses.
Infact humans don't know who they are.
Do you know??
Whoever or whatever created this whole program is a genius IMO.
Your arrogance is laughable as you are equally ignorant but you won't admit.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 05:37 AM
link   

Whoever or whatever created this whole program is a genius IMO.

You have ZERO objective evidence suggesting a creator created all of it

On the other hand, we have TONS that support the theory of evolution...not least the FACT that we are actively applying the theory in modern medicine. If it were wrong, we wouldn't have many of the meds we have today.

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join