It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why I hate evolution..

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pardon?

Originally posted by milkyway12
Evolution is honestly the most dumbest thing i have ever heard of. Scientists have no idea how we got here and just propose a theory , however , they base almost ALL science around the idea of evolution.

How did whales get here? Well , they walked on land for a bit , and decided to back in the water to live. I mean what the hell.

I swim in water all the time , i scuba dive all the time , i LOVE swimming in water. I swim 3 or 4 times a week. Guess what? Still havent turned into a fish. My diving instructor still hasnt turned into a fish , his children arent fish , he just had a kid 2 weeks ago , guess what , he isnt a fish and doesnt have any problems.

Hmm , so how the hell do i evolutionize to turn into a whale or survive permanently in the water? Damn.

I really hope youre being ironic but something tells me youre not.

Please tell me you're not a teacher, you know, someone who schools people less knowledgeable than themselves.
In anything at all, ever.

Just because you can't understand science and have to drag it down to a level I'd be ashamed of my 6 year old doing, doesn't mean others don't.

Oh, it's EVOLVE not evolutionize.
And whales aren't fish.

Resorting to name calling and belittling people never helps you win an argument FYI

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Pardon?

I was being Ironic in my own sense ; Evolution is the dumbest thing ever invented however. It makes no sense what so ever. Adaptation however does , which is not Evolution , but simply adapting to your environment. Such as being Short and Stocky , Hairy , Less Hairy , becoming more Tall , things of this Nature. Not , i am a Huge tyrannosaurus , and now i am a Bird that eats off your bird feeder.

Evolution is a religion for some Scientist , and that is about it. There is very little science fact with Evolution.

By the way, i invented Evolutionize, Evolution evolved into " Evolutionize" i like it. Enjoy it.
edit on 19-6-2012 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by KnawLick

Originally posted by MrXYZ

reply to post by LesMisanthrope

No.... I think your just tailoring the facts to your argument. There are certainly dogma's within science. Like: nothing can go faster than the speed of light. The universe was created by the big bang.

Are these not just replacements for religious dogma's? Would there not be equal amount of upheaval about discrediting these than there was when it was announce the earth wasn't the center of the universe?

Religious dogma has ZERO objective evidence behind it, while scientific theories do...they are not "theories" like we use in slang. They are based on scientific method.

....Yeah..... Until they are proven just as silly as religious dogmas. Scientists also believed the world was flat just not crazy religious folk.

My point is we should be as skeptical of "scientific" claims as any other. Almost all of our great scientific theories by people like Newton, Eistein, etc. are almost daily being proven untrue, or not complete....

The scientists of that era had no choice other than to follow what the church said.
If they didn't they would be persecuted as heretics.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Pardon?

Thats just something you read out of a elementary school book.... You have absolutely no idea what the pressures on the scientific community were during the time.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Until they are proven just as silly as religious dogmas. Scientists also believed the world was flat just not crazy religious folk.

You are referring to the dark ages when people shunned science unless it perfectly agreed with the bible. There was NEVER a scientific theory based on earth being flat. It was a pure guess based on the bible. People that came forward claiming the earth revolved around the sun were tortured, killed and later on shunned / excommunicated. All for revealing the truth. Pretty sad if you ask me. Are you suggesting this dark ages mentality that hindered science for countless years was legitimate?

My point is we should be as skeptical of "scientific" claims as any other. Almost all of our great scientific theories by people like Newton, Eistein, etc. are almost daily being proven untrue, or not complete....

Science changes as new information is discovered. That doesn't mean all of it gets thrown in the garbage if one minor detail of the theory is updated. Everyone should be skeptical. Skepticism is what leads to new scientists joining the field and trying new experiments to try to prove something. However, without actually studying science and doing experiments, you can't possibly say you are qualified to call evolution faulty science, simply because you "hate" it. It's absurd and based on nothing but pure emotion. Otherwise you'd be attacking other theories like gravity and relativity. But alas, it's all about evolution because you have an emotional connection to literal versions of ancient stories.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Evolution is honestly the most dumbest thing i have ever heard of. Scientists have no idea how we got here and just propose a theory , however , they base almost ALL science around the idea of evolution.

The attacks don't stop. How about actually addressing the scientific evidence? Oh wait, not a single creationist has even close to the credentials to even qualify to BEGIN to speak on the subject.
Too funny. It sounds "dumb" to you, therefor it's wrong. Let's pretend the science behind it isn't rock solid.

I swim in water all the time , i scuba dive all the time , i LOVE swimming in water. I swim 3 or 4 times a week. Guess what? Still havent turned into a fish. My diving instructor still hasnt turned into a fish , his children arent fish , he just had a kid 2 weeks ago , guess what , he isnt a fish and doesnt have any problems.

I don't think this comment even needs to be responded to, it's so ridiculously far fetched. Please read an actual science book.

edit on 19-6-2012 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   

reply to post by Pardon?

I was being Ironic in my own sense ; Evolution is the dumbest thing ever invented however. It makes no sense what so ever. Adaptation however does , which is not Evolution , but simply adapting to your environment. Such as being Short and Stocky , Hairy , Less Hairy , becoming more Tall , things of this Nature. Not , i am a Huge tyrannosaurus , and now i am a Bird that eats off your bird feeder.

Evolution is a religion for some Scientist , and that is about it. There is very little science fact with Evolution.

By the way, i invented Evolutionize, Evolution evolved into " Evolutionize" i like it. Enjoy it.

So.. what you are saying is.. you believe in Evolution, but just decide to refer to it as Adaptation.

Cool Beans.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Barcs

I'm a very religious person and could care less if evolution is true or not. IT MAKES NO DIFFERENCE.

Evolution doesn't disprove religion, I have no need to fight against it....

The Bible says God created the Universe and Life. Thats it. Not how, why or when.

So until science can disprove that a creative force wasn't behind the formation of the universe, and life didn't just spontaneously combust on earth...

The Bible and science aren't in conflict in the slightest

link   
reply to post by Barcs

Glad you found it amusing. Evolution is Amusing isnt it?

2nd.

link   

If you want to put those two in separate boxes to keep them straight thats up to you. I'd say a more intellectual argument would be able to combine the two.

Why couldn't God have created DNA? Why couldn't evolution have been guided by God?

These questions are valid. And separating religion and science does both a disservice. And doesn't let BOTH live up to their true potential.

No intellectual argument could possibly suggest a faith based concept is the same as a scientific fact.

Again I never said said god couldn't have done those things. I'm saying those things are scientific facts, however. You can't just lump faith and fact together as some all encompassing idea. They are certainly compatible, but religion & science are different.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   

reply to post by Barcs

So until science can disprove that a creative force wasn't behind the formation of the universe, and life didn't just spontaneously combust on earth...

Why do science have to disprove that something you never/or science proved to begin with?

Religious "fact" is out of the question when dealing with this, since it has ZERO evidence. I mean im ok with arguing against evolution, but dismissing it and embracing ignorance(no evidence, book story) is just absurd.
edit on 6/19/2012 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   

reply to post by Barcs

I'm a very religious person and could care less if evolution is true or not. IT MAKES NO DIFFERENCE.

The Bible says God created the Universe and Life. Thats it. Not how, why or when.

Now this I agree with....well mostly.. but why are you attacking evolution if you don't care if its true? Why not just acknowledge it as science while still believing in god / the bible? I have no problem with this at all. What I DO have a problem with is people perpetuating lies and constantly attacking science to try to prove their religion or disprove evolution.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

I don't think it does. I think science and religion are natural allies. Science explains what can be explain with math. Religion explains the supernatural forces within our universe that math can't.

We would all agree Love is real right? But yet there is no scientific equation to prove this....

The older one gets, the more they realize the world doesn't always work how the textbooks say it should.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   

reply to post by Pardon?

Thats just something you read out of a elementary school book.... You have absolutely no idea what the pressures on the scientific community were during the time.

So Galileo wasn't tried for heresy for reaffirming Copernicus' heliocentric proposal then?

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Barcs

reply to post by Barcs

Now this I agree with....well mostly.. but why are you attacking evolution if you don't care if its true? Why not just acknowledge it as science while still believing in god / the bible? I have no problem with this at all. What I DO have a problem with is people perpetuating lies and constantly attacking science to try to prove their religion or disprove evolution.

I just like debating. It sharpens your intellect. And a true sign of intelligence is being able to debate a cause you may not even believe in.... So basically? For fun.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
can someone answer milky ways question about

" i am a Huge tyrannosaurus , and now i am a Bird that eats off your bird feeder. "

which was similar to what he proposed about the large mammalian whale....

how did all these diverse creatures come about? were there many stages of missing links between all the vast diversities for every creature? from insects to birds and all?

or it had to do with a vast number of complex things like,,, different arrangement of chemicals,, and microorganisms, and bacteria,,,, like a maze,,, building up in different ways...... every little deviation from energy amount,, to time it takes cells to divide,,, to how far and fast things can move....

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Barcs

Science changes as new information is discovered. That doesn't mean all of it gets thrown in the garbage if one minor detail of the theory is updated. Everyone should be skeptical. Skepticism is what leads to new scientists joining the field and trying new experiments to try to prove something. However, without actually studying science and doing experiments, you can't possibly say you are qualified to call evolution faulty science, simply because you "hate" it. It's absurd and based on nothing but pure emotion. Otherwise you'd be attacking other theories like gravity and relativity. But alas, it's all about evolution because you have an emotional connection to literal versions of ancient stories.

Yes, open for change not 2000 yrs of same crap. This is how some people assume, they think once some "high mighty science king" say something, and we all believe it. Nope, we can question the heck we want and try to redo the test without getting killed
and guess what... we don't adhere to it 100%, because a well informed person knows things always changes, they are open to changes, but currently this is the fact we know, it might change a bit, and then we will update, but there is no way in hell something like ZERO evidence religious story going to take its place, well unless god shows up and tells us it is the way.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tbrooks76
Part 1 of 2
Evolution is just a bad idea.
It’s been passed off as fact, claims to be scientific, and is offer as natural explanation for creation without the need for a supernatural God.
However when you dig into it you find that Evolution and creation actually have more in common than most people think. Creation has a supernatural God, but Evolution has a few supernatural events that have to take place, plus it doesn’t follow the scientific method. If Evolution truly followed the scientific method it would be bad hypothesis and not a theory. The only reason it’s a theory is the alternative is undesirable to most people.
Below are some examples of supernatural events in evolution….

1st the cause for the big-bang, it can’t be explained, but the going theory is our universe was created by an unexplainable event outside our universe, maybe something like another universes colliding… This concept that a universe outside our own was the cause of our universe is the same idea that creationist has, we just say the other universe is called heaven and God hangs out there. The big bang is almost the same idea you all just removed God out and call whatever happened that cause the big bang some accident.

2nd supernatural event was atoms began to forum a few nanoseconds after the big-bang…. So basically the law of conservation of mass is violated, (matter and energy can’t be distorted or created) was violated. Here matter, energy, and space/time is all being created, so evolution can violate basic physics laws when help the theory out, I guess.

3rd supernatural event, life created itself.

So above is few supernatural event, yet evolution is all scientific. Evolution is not a theory, it’s a hypothesis pasted off as theory as solid as gravity, and yet doesn’t even follow the scientific method. The scientific method in a nut shell…

Ummmmm...no these are simply natural events The term "supernatural" implies that this is somehow outside the realm of normal or natural occurrences. There is nothing magical or mysterious about these things happening at all.

#1. There are lots and lots of ways in which The Big Bang could have happened and every single day we inch closer to better understanding it. Largely we are simply waiting on having enough computational power and more sensitive instruments to better be able to mathematically describe precisely how it all went down. No magical creatures necessary.

#2. Just shows how ignorant you really are. The "supernatural event" which brought subatomic particles together into atoms is called "gravity" along with electromagnetism..look it up sometime.

#3. Yes...just like viruses and microbiotic life creates itself today. Why is that so confusing to you?

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   

reply to post by Pardon?

Nice parade of ignorance. I suggest you read the "Introduction to Evolution" article on Wiki...at least that. Because you don't even seem to understand the theory.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Barcs

just not in humans buddy boy, theres your hole.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join