It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man plays Civilization II for 10 years.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by chr0naut

no.

it stops keeping score after 2020. you can still play.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by chr0naut

Scoring ends at 2020. You can continue playing as long as you want after that so no, not total BS

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   
It is no surprise. Practically ever A.I. in the Civ series is a lying, back-stabbing a-hole. Unfortunately, in Civ V, every A.I. in the game seems to be bipolar egomaniacs who will suddenly hate you and want you to die, for no apparent reason, even if you were getting along famously since the day you met.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   
only ten?
I've been playing counter strike since the first version came out in 1999
Yep im a closet geek(and conspiracy theorist)

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinny

Damn't I just got the itch. I wanna play! I get real into a game for about a month, get bored and don't play anything for three, then start playing something else.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Joshua: Greetings, Professor Falken

Falken: Hello, Joshua

Joshua: A strange game Professor Falken. The only winning move is not to play....

......How about a nice game of chess?

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 07:07 AM
link   
That is awesome that someone has been playing the same Civilization II game for 10 years. That's the main reason I starred and flagged this thread.

I'm not sure it is an accurate depiction of our future, but there could be some truth in it, as resource depletion might cause wars and scarcity, for example.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 07:43 AM
link   
"Nuclear launch detected..."

Sorry, wrong game. That's Starcraft.

Civilization II is a great game, I still have it on my PC.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

Your parameters for real simulation of world progress intrigued me.

How much do you want to bet they're doing something like that already?

We know where Watson is currently. We know black tech is 20 or more years ahead of civilian tech.

I think it's safe to say they're running such a project.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by kosmicjack
I'm interested in understanding the data the game programers used to extrapolate this outcome. Is it human history? Given the post-apocalyptic, theocratic nightmare that is the result - that's pretty freaking scary.

It is known that the government and corporations use simulated environments to anticipate outcomes so it's not so far fetched that the game simulation could have some basis in fact.

www.good.is...

cryptogon.com...

In this instance, it's fairly far fetched.

www.civfanatics.com...

Though at times I think they got this part bang on: AI diplomacy is highly predictable, and you can manipulate them very easily.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   
If this article gave you the itch to try your hand at civ2 you can download "FREECIV" for free. It's the same game as civ2 with slightly different graphics.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Thought it was great when first reading it, but as for the people wondering if it could be a true reflection of our reality : only by some type of total fluke, freak chance. Reality is obviously infinitely more complicated than an old Civ game, with way more variables that affect outcomes of things.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   
The ONLY thing that comes to mind when reading this (just add another panel for "board games")

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by ThorsBrother

Game is listed there but you cant download it

I really want to play it again now!!

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Honestly that guy must suck really bad.

I would have killed off all my enemies by 1960 and would be master of the world.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Ah the pirate bay has it

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by dashdespatch

Apologies good man, I meant to link to a certain torrent site too but totally forgot like a div. At least you found it!

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by GLontra
"Nuclear launch detected..."

Sorry, wrong game. That's Starcraft.

Command and Conquer, actually. I believe

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by DaRAGE

lol,once you get past the year 2000,each turn takes 10 minutes to 20 minutes just to get to the next year,thats the real bummer about this game,the deaper you get the longer it gets.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by LastProphet527
reply to post by CALGARIAN

I have been playing the game every since the first came out, I play five and six around the world as we speak. The one thing I learned about the game was that...the ultimate winner of the human race is the one that travels to another planet and succeeds in Terraforming on it

So it's like Mormonism?

www.mormondna.org...

I guess you get just not a planet, but an entire universe.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join