It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hope is most important (Not desire/will-power - I correct myself)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by akushla99

And awareness precedes imagination, rest here. Imagination, desire, expectation, hope, will, all of these are rooted in suffering. Imagination arises because of a desire to experience something new, and this desire to experience something new arises from a disappointment or dissatisfaction of what currently is. We are disappointed and dissatisfied with what currently is because we are ignorant to the nature of reality. When we clarify reality, and stop fighting it, then we rest in the present moment, which is always simple un-qualitative awareness.
edit on 18-6-2012 by LifeIsEnergy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

sorry but when i wrote this

"I hope for the rest of my days all the food I need will come to me,,,, I hope my wife and children will be taken care of,"

i was disagreeing with you......

better then hoping,,,, is willing to make something happen....... better then wishing and hoping food will come to me or my wife and kids will be cared for......... is doing something to ensure i have food,,,,, and doing what i need to too make sure my wife and kids are taken care of.......

i think you are meaning the idea of hope kind of how religious people use faith........

hope that the universe isnt a big pile of devil poop..... hope that there is something special,,,,, hope that goodness does exist,,,,,, hope that you are worthy of receiving joy and feeling happy,,,,,,,

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by LifeIsEnergy

And awareness precedes imagination, rest here. Imagination, desire, expectation, hope, will, all of these are rooted in suffering. Imagination arises because of a desire to experience something new, and this desire to experience something new arises from a disappointment or dissatisfaction of what currently is. We are disappointed and dissatisfied with what currently is because we are ignorant to the nature of reality. When we clarify reality, and stop fighting it, then we rest in the present moment, which is always simple un-qualitative awareness.
edit on 18-6-2012 by LifeIsEnergy because: (no reason given)

I disagree, in details...

Awareness, is not a motive force, but a passive state...it does not create anything...it observes...

Suffering is a result of frustrated will and undirected imagination...

Suffering is secondary to (as you say) awareness...
Primary 'motive' force is imagination...nothing is 'created' by awareness...

akushla

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   

no primary drive is rights, imagination is the positive subjective joy in abusing the knowledge of rights

it is like a situation where one should move to realize, another is enjoying knowing the realization that should b done by spending time imagining all terms that prolonge this actuality needed, meaning to profit from what mostly exist to exist itself without effort nor being truly existing itself

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by absolutely

no primary drive is rights, imagination is the positive subjective joy in abusing the knowledge of rights

it is like a situation where one should move to realize, another is enjoying knowing the realization that should b done by spending time imagining all terms that prolonge this actuality needed, meaning to profit from what mostly exist to exist itself without effort nor being truly existing itself

If your 'primary' drive is rights or wrongs, they emanate from the 'I', the ego, controlled and directed by the will - I will, I want...
In, and of themselves, they are limited...and by your own definition, limited...they 'reap' the result of that limitation, and in this respect align themselves with the 'reality' you experience...and justify your belief in them, a belief in limitation...a belief, which for you becomes your reality experience. No argument there! What I am telling you happens because it is based in belief, adjunct to imagination...whatever you believe...is true (for you)...whether it is percievable by others, is another, but perhaps moot point.
The 'playground' of reality is always available in all its forms...we can be aware of it (passive state), we can imagine its possibilities, which feeds belief (limiting, stage 1), or 'will' from this state of awareness, having viewed and assessed what is available...the will limits its availability based on misdirection (and therefore can frustrate), the imagination, when aligned with belief is the true creative principle...

akushla

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   

not right or wrong, only right, truth deal with rights exclusively and truth is any as well as all

the principal drive is objective right that has nothing to do with i nor itself, this is how everything move right miss but of course not on creations life levels but in true levels of being existing

objective right is not smthg to point or to say or to think about, objective by definition is always right so it is an appeal to superiority by being relative to but once the move is done this is known too

it is really weird how u insist of persisting insistant by keeping inventing questions for same answers that u know being false, while u would call that subjectively creations glory bc of a kind of fancy for, that could make u reach to say that creations is all what exist, which by itself is a reason of apocalypse as the collapse of all

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by absolutely

Objectiveness is directly...directly, percieved by the imagination. Subjectiveness is beholden to perception, since it originates in the limited 'I'...

Subscribe to the 'I', and limitation is what you get...and therefore frustration and suffering by extension. The same process operates in both directions, because it is the process that drives reality...so you are absolutely correct in whatever you say, because it REFLECTS what you believe...telling me I am wrong, or misinformed is moot...what I have told you, is being demonstrated by yourself, to yourself (in reverse)...the process does not choose a direction to operate in...you do!

akushla

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Time cannot cure the hole that the illusion of separation causes.
reply to post by Itisnowagain

You are so right....

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by LifeIsEnergy
reply to post by arpgme

It wasn't an angel that corrected you, it was a bunch of ATS members. And they are doing it again. Maybe it is time to listen to them and stop fighting the facts.

You were not there with me when I was talking to the angel, so you wouldn't know.

reply to post by arpgme

better then hoping,,,, is willing to make something happen.......

These two are not necessarily exclusive to each other. You can do both. It is your choice. Hope is Expectation. It is expecting something happens. If you do not expect it then that is hopelessness. This is not just my opinion but an understanding of the word through different languages. In many languages, the word "hope" also means "to wait for". If you do not expect it to happen, you can bring hope by actually doing something, and when you did all that you can do, you expect it regardless of how things "seems". Do not "yearn" and "hurt" over it, just 'expect" it regardless and if it doesn't happen just focus on other things to hope for. Do not let go of Hope. It is more important than most realize.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

"Hope/Expectation is stronger than Belief."

Could you elaborate a little on this point? I know that used to spend a lot of time hoping things would change. Hoping that I could understand myself and others. Hoping the pain would go away. Nothing changed until I believed in myself and my ability to find answers and change. If anything hope for me was a very depressing trap. I am eager to see your reply. Sending out positive vibes!

My fiancee just made a great point. Don't they say belief is unshakable? or they have an unshakable belief? She adds you don't hope the angel is there. You believe the angel is there.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by TRGreer

I didn't believe the angel was there, I knew without a shadow of a doubt that it was there and so did the others.

When you are "Hoping/Expecting" something, you are affirming it into reality. When you are "believing" something, that belief can be true or false.

With "Hope", it never ends because you can hold on to it forever and the more you do, the stronger that energy gets. You Expect while going on to other interesting things to EXPECT. Even seeing them in your mind as you EXPECT them to happen.

Everything is potential and the more you EXPECT, the more likely for it to happen.

If you think Thought/Visualization is strong, you should see how powerful Expectation is.

The moment it feels like 'Obsession' or 'Lack', it is now Desire instead of Hope.

I also have to say that there are beings who are giving false hope in order to destroy our hopefulness. They know how important it is. Do not become pathetic. Hold on to hope/expectation. Even if it doesn't come true, Remember, that there is no time limit and you can focus on other things as well, and even play them in your mind.

edit on 18-6-2012 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme
reply to post by TRGreer

I didn't believe the angel was there, I knew without a shadow of a doubt that it was there and so did the others.

When you are "Hoping/Expecting" something, you are affirming it into reality. When you are "believing" something, that belief can be true or false.

With "Hope", it never ends because you can hold on to it forever and the more you do, the stronger that energy gets. You Expect while going on to other interesting things to EXPECT. Even seeing them in your mind as you EXPECT them to happen.

Everything is potential and the more you EXPECT, the more likely for it to happen.

If you think Thought/Visualization is strong, you should see how powerful Expectation is.

The moment it feels like 'Obsession' or 'Lack', it is now Desire instead of Hope.

I also have to say that there are beings who are giving false hope in order to destroy our hopefulness. They know how important it is. Do not become pathetic. Hold on to hope/expectation. Even if it doesn't come true, Remember, that there is no time limit and you can focus on other things as well, and even play them in your mind.

edit on 18-6-2012 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

I understand what you are saying but if you knew the angel was there you believed the angel was there. I am not trying to debate the existence of the angel. You say you spoke to an angel I believe you."Even seeing them in your mind as you EXPECT them to happen." Is this last statement not belief?
Sending you a positive vibe!

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by TRGreer

There is a difference between knowing something which deals with Knowledge, Facts, and Information and believing something which deals with Opinions and Beliefs.

Expectation means putting all of your focus in one direction. At least, that is what I mean by this word. Not actual beliefs. It can never NOT come out expected unless you put a time limit. You can always expect for things the change, however do not make one "expectation" an "obsession" because this leads to feeling 'lack' and it becomes desire.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   

reply to post by TRGreer

There is a difference between knowing something which deals with Knowledge, Facts, and Information and believing something which deals with Opinions and Beliefs.

Expectation means putting all of your focus in one direction. At least, that is what I mean by this word. Not actual beliefs. It can never NOT come out expected unless you put a time limit. You can always expect for things the change, however do not make one "expectation" an "obsession" because this leads to feeling 'lack' and it becomes desire.

When I think of hope I think of people sitting around hoping Gods going to come clean up this mess. First off in my opinion God is far different from the classic definition. I think God thought it was a pretty cool gift in and of itself to give us life and a planet to live on. I am not willing to sit around hoping for God to make it all better. I will believe I can bring about real change by striving to live by the golden rule and leave this plane, world, life for the aether, void, field on a positive note. I have children as well. They need a better world ... A better way .... I believe humanity will achieve this and very soon.
Sending you positivity!

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by TRGreer

If it isn't coming from within, you can fall victim to those who bring false promises. The Hope / Expectation must come from within and you must do what you can to really Expect it.. Doing somethial fng will actually make you more hopefull. Don't nothing will make it seem even more hopeless deep down inside. Also know that you have spiritual friends on the other side helping you out.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   

reply to post by TRGreer

If it isn't coming from within, you can fall victim to those who bring false promises. The Hope / Expectation must come from within and you must do what you can to really Expect it.. Doing somethial fng will actually make you more hopefull. Don't nothing will make it seem even more hopeless deep down inside. Also know that you have spiritual friends on the other side helping you out.

This is why I believe so deeply in Individual spirituality. What I believe all comes from within me. I guess from my perspective hope is more of a stepping stone to belief. A step that I personally have moved past. I appreciate and respect your perspective and I thank you for sharing. This has been a great topic for debate. Sending you a positive vibe!

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by TRGreer

Yeah, maybe the name of the word isn't important. The idea is more important, I agree. The idea behind it is doing what you can to raise Hope/Expectation and that could include action.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join