It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hope is most important (Not desire/will-power - I correct myself)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Before I said that "desire" is movement and that everything is based on desire. In reality, desire is longing and longing for something is suffering . An angel corrected me and actually told me that the word I am looking for is "Hope" and not desire.

Everything is based on hope it is movement. It is Hope that gives us life energy to keep moving on to the next day. Even if you just "be" or "exist", you are still hoping that "all is well". This is your Hope / Expectation.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

'Hope' is what Pandorda found at the bottom of the box she opened. Do you understand why her prize was hope?

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

What do you need right now? If you 'think' that there is something missing stop thinking.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

Why do you believe that hope was the prize? I don't feel that anything is missing (Now).

link   
reply to post by arpgme

How is hope different from desire?
Hope says 'i'm not happy now, i desire time to make it better'.
Time cannot cure the hole that the illusion of separation causes.

link   
reply to post by arpgme

Hope was at the bottom of the box.
If you do not need anything now, why do you need hope and what for?
edit on 18-6-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Since time is an illusion, hope is not present; hope is the longing for something, an attachment which doesn't serve us (love knows no attachments). Remaining present and perpetuating good intentions with the will of the great one, is how hope becomes a reality. Hope is for the weak spirited.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   

There is a difference between "hope" and "desire". We can look at these words in different languages and see what ideas are connected with them (their synonyms). I will use different languages from different areas of the world.

HOPE:

Chinese: 期望 - Hope, Expect, Look Towards

Greek: ελπίδα - Hope, Expectation

Latin: spero - hope, expectance

Hebrew: ליחל - hope, look forward to, expect, wait

Russian: надеяться - hope, expect, rely, trust

"Hope" is associated with "Expectation", Waiting", or "Looking forward towards something". Not just by my definition but by the synonyms of different languages around the world.

DESIRE:

Chinese: 渴望 - desire, longing, hunger, appetence

Greek: πόθος - desire, lust, craving, longing

Latin: desiderium - desire, longing, grief

Hebrew: תשוקה - desire, passion, lust, craving, urge, thirst

Russian: желание - desire, wish, want, will, aspiration, appetite

Meanwhile, desire is associated with "longing" and "craving". This is the painful one.

If you hold a "desire" for something it feels bad, it feels like "longing", "craving", a feeling "of lack" until it happens. With Hope you just look towards something with anticipation and without attachment.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme
Before I said that "desire" is movement and that everything is based on desire. In reality, desire is longing and longing for something is suffering . An angel corrected me and actually told me that the word I am looking for is "Hope" and not desire.

Everything is based on hope it is movement. It is Hope that gives us life energy to keep moving on to the next day. Even if you just "be" or "exist", you are still hoping that "all is well". This is your Hope / Expectation.

I try to believe as opposed to hope. I believe humanity is learning to love in honesty and this will bring about the next big step in out future. I don't hope for it. I believe it. Just my opinion. Sending you positive vibes!

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Hope can and does often fuel desire. But then reality sets in.

For instance;

I hope I win the lottery, but I don't really desire it because I know the odds are long. This type of hope is wishful thinking.

and

I hope that the next few months are smooth as I desire to be debt free and I'm almost there. This type of hope is grounded in reality and the desire attainable...barring no unforeseen circumstances.

edit on 18-6-2012 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

now your backtracking..................

I hope for the rest of my days all the food I need will come to me,,,, I hope my wife and children will be taken care of,,

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
why do you need to single out something thats most important......... look at the physical universe...... it all needs everything else in order to exist,,,, all the forces balance out.......

we can say our earth is the most important because without it we wouldnt exist,,,,,,, but without the sun we woudlnt exist either, so the sun is most important,,,,, but wihtout our parents we wouldnt exist so our parents are most important,,,, but without food we wouldnt exist so food is most important,,,, water too, water is most important,,,, also love,,,, without love we wouldnt care to live and find a mate,, love is the most important,,,,

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

u should know better, everything is perfect at some point or some where

if u mean to b out of true existence the golden rule is that perspective about any and every and all freedom

so the main condition point for true existence to b, is the respect consideration and acceptance of many values around u while u being the least of, then come the knowledge to deal with different values at once while u being out nothing to then come the right perspective of true individual one that move clearly to realize the most value existence priority

so u see how far u r from the topic u mean in those lubrifications that concern nothing

hope is right for objective value, as long as u exist u should expect that smthg infront of u would sound right, this is to truth and of

desire is right for subjective value, as long as all exist anyself should act as being positively free as being always constantly right since it becomes an object to its conscious so of truth positive effects too

will is right for alright, so meaning living rights, if individual moves do not exist to protect and give to true existence rights some realities everything will be as it is now in worse scenarios of chaos
chaos is the destruction of true hierarchy

power is right for inferiority, the link given to freedom on distant dimensions of limited existence realities

i said that spontaneously but much more could b invented about those words isolated values or combinations in same situations

u should start to focus on truth conception only, of course u will sound too dumb compared to me but there is no other way out

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by TRGreer
I try to believe as opposed to hope. I believe humanity is learning to love in honesty and this will bring about the next big step in out future. I don't hope for it. I believe it. Just my opinion. Sending you positive vibes!

Hope/Expectation is stronger than Belief.

Originally posted by TDawgRex
reply to post by arpgme

Hope can and does often fuel desire. But then reality sets in.

The key is to distinguish between Hope and Desire.

Originally posted by ImaFungi
reply to post by arpgme

I hope for the rest of my days all the food I need will come to me,,,, I hope my wife and children will be taken care of,,

That is good. Hold on to that hope, but relax enough so that it doesn't turn into desire/longing.

quote]Originally posted by ImaFungi

why do you need to single out something thats most important......... look at the physical universe...... it all needs everything else in order to exist,,,, all the forces balance out.......

This is true, but I am not talking about the physical, I am talking about the abstract/mental/soul realm. The life-bearer for physical.

Originally posted by absolutely
reply to post by arpgme

u should start to focus on truth conception only, of course u will sound too dumb compared to me but there is no other way out

We can't even agree on some "truth" because in some cases information is being hidden or people are lying pretending that something is truth when it isn't. I know that spirits are real and I know that there is an after-life. Some just have faith, and some don't even know this due to "lack" of the available information.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

it is ridiculous the argument u give, u cant know whole existence why r u so driven to mean that? truth conception to know is from ur own self existence, all those years what do u do useful to ur head ??

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by absolutely

Yes, I am focused on my existence. I am focused on what motivates my actions, feelings, and interactions with others. I am focused on what motivates all living things to continue to have goals to survive.

It is because I am focused on the truth that I find these answers.
edit on 18-6-2012 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   

There is a difference between "hope" and "desire". We can look at these words in different languages and see what ideas are connected with them (their synonyms). I will use different languages from different areas of the world.

HOPE:

Chinese: 期望 - Hope, Expect, Look Towards

Greek: ελπίδα - Hope, Expectation

Latin: spero - hope, expectance

Hebrew: ליחל - hope, look forward to, expect, wait

Russian: надеяться - hope, expect, rely, trust

"Hope" is associated with "Expectation", Waiting", or "Looking forward towards something". Not just by my definition but by the synonyms of different languages around the world.

DESIRE:

Chinese: 渴望 - desire, longing, hunger, appetence

Greek: πόθος - desire, lust, craving, longing

Latin: desiderium - desire, longing, grief

Hebrew: תשוקה - desire, passion, lust, craving, urge, thirst

Russian: желание - desire, wish, want, will, aspiration, appetite

Meanwhile, desire is associated with "longing" and "craving". This is the painful one.

If you hold a "desire" for something it feels bad, it feels like "longing", "craving", a feeling "of lack" until it happens. With Hope you just look towards something with anticipation and without attachment.

Hope and desire (specifically) differ, in that, desire comes from the 'will' part of the brain...hope, comes from the imagination...but is an Undirected form of imagination, and often is a hit and miss procedure...in terms of result.

akushla

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by akushla99

Yes, desire is associated with will. Also, Hope is associated with Expectation and Anticipation while Desire is associated with Logning and Yearning

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

It wasn't an angel that corrected you, it was a bunch of ATS members. And they are doing it again. Maybe it is time to listen to them and stop fighting the facts.

Suffering is your teacher, do not run from it to these things like hopes, dreams and all the rest of those warm and fuzzy coping mechanisms, face it now and see what it has to say. Within suffering there is the key to end suffering. Only a suffering being would think he needs hope. Stop turning away from that suffering, it is like the "check engine" light on your car, it is trying to show you something you cannot currently see.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   

reply to post by akushla99

Yes, desire is associated with will. Also, Hope is associated with Expectation and Anticipation while Desire is associated with Logning and Yearning

'Will', is a poor secondary player in the process of creation...it cannot 'imagine' the possibilities...but, limits them...which is why...willing...frustrates...

Expectation, anticipation, longing and yearning, have no directive...and the results of these are often disappointment, because they are undirected...

Imagination is the driving force of creation, and precedes all of these...

Belief...is germinal to this creative force. If belief is not 'in-line' with this creation...it goes nowhere...conversely, belief is so powerful, you run the risk of believing complete falsehoods (which become a reality, whether it is true or not - eg. Anorexia)...'whatever you believe...is true' (for you).

akushla
edit on 18-6-2012 by akushla99 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join