It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Reason Some Americans Hate Immigrants...it's not because they are "illegal"

page: 45
<< 42  43  44   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 01:32 AM
link   
I don't hate illegal immigrants who are hard workers, It's the ones who come and murder, rape, start violence in general that I have problems with.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Night Star

Originally posted by buddhasystem

Originally posted by metatronobody
Lets not forget that every "American" is an immigrant, child, grand child of one. America wouldnt be and is nothing without immigrants who are the living energy of the Corporate machine that is America. Those who consider themselves true Americans have nothing to be proud of as the land you claim as your own was stolen and paid for by blood and innocence of the true ancestors of this land.. true Native Americans.

Yeah well what a naive thing to say...

Most of territories in the world are currently populated by people who at some point in the past (sometimes distant, sometimes recent) conquered the land and took it from somebody else... So, duh...

Also, from my native ancestory, one tribe almost completely wiped out my native indian ancestors. Natives americans also have blood on their hands. However, no one alive today is responsible for what happened in the past.

I agree with you. What's also rarely discussed is the important role of ritual torture in the Native American culture, such as mentioned in this Wikipedia article, although there are many more sources on this unpopular topic. I'm mentioning this because in 99% posts on ATS white men are portrayed as cruel devils, while Native Americans are peace-loving hippies.

But back to your point -- I agree (in general) that current generation per se should be held responsible for what happened in a relatively remote past, and what's more, I refuse to see any sense in trying to justify significant illegal immigration into the United States by reference to same.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem
But back to your point -- I agree (in general) that current generation per se should be held responsible

Sorry for the typo -- it should read "should not".

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 06:57 AM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Incorrect, we cant stand them because they are here illegally and could care less about the USA and its laws. These guys will save up 3,000 and hire a smuggler to get them here, but wouldnt use that money to become a legal citizen. Then they send the money they make here back to Mexico and why? Because our dollar is worth more and they live alot better down there with what they make here. Anyone who comes here legally, follows the laws or the united states I have the utmost respect for. I have none for the illegals

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 07:25 AM
link   

With the United States once again experiencing a surge in the number of individuals migrating to the country, emphasis has again been placed on understanding the link between ethnic heterogeneity and crime. Researchers have operationalized ethnic heterogeneity as the percentage of immigrants (percentage of the population that is foreign-born) residing in specified geographic areas. Contrary to theoretical expectations, this body of work has demonstrated that concentrations of immigrants in geographic areas (cities, census tracts, neighborhoods) are not associated with crime (see e.g., Martinez, Stowell, and Lee, 2010; Ousey and Kubrin, 2009; Reid et al., 2005; Sampson et al., 2005) and may instead function to suppress crime (Sampson, 2008; Stowell et al., 2009; Wadsworth, 2010). This unexpected finding may be due to the use of the percentage of the population that is foreign-born as the measure of ethnic heterogeneity. This measure presumably taps into the spatial concentration of immigrants. Graif and Sampson (2010) have argued that a more valid measure of the heterogeneity construct is the diversity of language use by the immigrant population in the community. That is, a community could have a high concentration of foreign-born people, yet if they are all from the same country then the community would not be ethnically heterogeneous. A more accurate characterization of the social disorganization theory concept of ethnic heterogeneity is a measure of the diversity of the composition of the population residing in the same geographic locale. Looking at variation in homicide rates across Chicago city census tracts, Graif and Sampson find that their measure of ethnic heterogeneity (i.e., language diversity) is negatively related to homicide even in models controlling for the percentage of the population that is foreign-born.
Though Graif and Sampson (2010) find that population diversity is negatively related

start.umd.edu...

Mod Edit: No Quote/Plagiarism – Please Review This Link.
Mod Edit: New External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.
edit on 5-7-2012 by Gemwolf because: Added ex tags

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by borracho

why are you posting LEGAL immigrant studies in a topic, specifically, about illegal immigrants ??
confused or trolling ??

no one in this thread has been complaining about legal immigrants or their impact on the country.
you and others however, insist on implying that all immigrants are good and equal.

if you do not or will not acknowledge the difference between legal and illegal, one has to wonder if you yourself are an illegal immigrant ?
if you are and you've already broken our laws to be here, what reason can you give us to believe that you won't break more laws as the situation may deem necessary ??
if you are not living your "better life" at the moment, what laws will you break to get there ??

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   
I HAVE to pay taxes so I am ENTITLED to it's benefits. When other people get to take advantage of "the system" without having to pay into it it is not fair to the rest of us. That's why it's a crime to immigrate illegally. At the very least they have demonstrated that they believe they do not have to follow the laws of the country and acted accordingly. So they are all by definition criminals ok?

Perhaps you haven't noticed the issue in the job market recently? The educated and experienced people are having just as much trouble finding jobs if not more so. So it's not just the stupid lazy people who are upset ok?

As for being fat. I'm willing to bet the numbers for Latinas is on par with "Americans". Which brings up a whole other can of worms. What is an American anyways? To you it's seems to be a fat, lazy, and stupid white person. Which is what I think this whole post is really about. I say this because you don't actually present any kind of proof for your claims just your opinions. Which you are entitled but it doesn't make it true.

Everyone who doesn't want a job that pays lots of money that they don't have to work hard for raise your hand. Everyone who raised their hand is an idiot. Thank you.
edit on 6-7-2012 by infiniteobserver because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Honor93

Nothing in the atricle I posted mentions the legal status of the immigrants. It simply shows that the common stereotype that increased immigration brings higher crime is simply not true. In response to you question about my legal status, no I am not an illegal immigrant, nor am I a legal immigrant. My family has been here since long before the United States existed. I am a natural born citizen of the United States of America. Born to famliy that has a long and proud history of serving in every major conflict since the Spanish-American War.
Oh, and just to remind you, the title of this thread reads, The Reason Some Americans Hate Immigrants...it's not because they are "illegal".
edit on 9-7-2012 by borracho because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by borracho
reply to post by Honor93

Nothing in the atricle I posted mentions the legal status of the immigrants. It simply shows that the common stereotype that increased immigration brings higher crime is simply not true. In response to you question about my legal status, no I am not an illegal immigrant, nor am I a legal immigrant. My family has been here since long before the United States existed. I am a natural born citizen of the United States of America. Born to famliy that has a long and proud history of serving in every major conflict since the Spanish-American War.
Oh, and just to remind you, the title of this thread reads, The Reason Some Americans Hate Immigrants...it's not because they are "illegal".
edit on 9-7-2012 by borracho because: (no reason given)
excuse your lack of understanding but the only immigrants that can be "studied" are LEGAL ones. the rest is presumption and estimates (no facts, no numbers, no absolutes)

this topic isn't about legal immigrants (although the OP presumes it is) and it actually contains much opinion from them, you should read it.

increased ILLEGAL immigration does and i dare you to produce any study that says different.

the assumption of the title that Legal Immigrants are Hated is absurd and that's been proven in post after post and thread after thread. The OP suggests that illegal status is an unimportant factor and the majority of posts since have indicated how wrong such a suggestion is.

The OP chose to project his idea of hatred for all immigrants which is a complete fallacy itself.
i nit-picked the placement of your posted study in this thread as it doesn't apply, period.
Legal immigrants are not blamed or hated for the criminalities of the illegal brood or the leniency of our government in dealing with it.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

As long as you understand, that according to your argument, union members will be the first to drop, then yes, there is some logic to you opinion.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Honor93

Only legal immigrants can be studied? That is absurd. There are certain areas in every town where the population is predominantly immigrants, knowing which are legal and which are illegal is very difficult to determine. Do you think that when people are compiling information about such things they go out and determine which people are illegal and leave them out of the study?

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by borracho
reply to post by Honor93

Nothing in the atricle I posted mentions the legal status of the immigrants. It simply shows that the common stereotype that increased immigration brings higher crime is simply not true.

It simply shows that "higher crime" can be defined in a few different ways. Consider simple logic: crimes committed by illegal immigrants would have never taken place if they weren't allowed to come here. Can you deny that?

Also, criminal organizations like Mara Salvatrucha thrive on illegal immigration and profit off it. What's so difficult to see?

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 08:18 AM
link   
maybe the modern americans would like to remember that they took the land by force.

just calling the land yours isnt good enough.

its belongs to the indigenous people that originated on that continent, not the foreign european invaders.

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: muckleduck

edit on 28-12-2014 by openminded2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: OutKast Searcher

As long as there are people starving in the streets while there are extremely super rich like the Rothschilds how dare you talk about either entitlements or determination. The game is RIGGED you stupid twits!!!!!!! and the real enemy is the extremely rich and powerful using propaganda like your thread to keep us at each-others throats rather than on their doorstep.

new topics

top topics

<< 42  43  44   >>

join