It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Reason Some Americans Hate Immigrants...it's not because they are "illegal"

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by kennylee

All 3 families were receiving a SSI check monthly from the government.

You verified this yourself?

SSI Requirement

WHO IS ELIGIBLE FOR SSI ? Anyone who is: aged (age 65 or older); blind; or disabled. And, who: has limited income; and has limited resources; and is a U.S. citizen or national, or in one of certain categories of aliens; and

www.ssa.gov...

Illegals don't qualify for SSI

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   
And for the record I dont know where OS gets that their wages are mostly taxed. That is total BS. They are doing almost all contract labor at job sites and manual labor jobs. That means technically they are self employed because that is how manual labor is. They are suppose to be responsible for turning in their own tax forms and paying their own taxes. Do you actually believe that an illegal immigrant is going to contact their local tax commission and figure out where to send those taxes? Do you have any idea how this system works? It is rare that they pay income taxes. They only taxes they might pay would be local sales tax when they buy that case of beer at the end of the day and groceries. But income tax? Not a chance.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by jam321

But he lived next to them...and watched them everyday...so of course he knows every detail of their life.

Actually...I doubt he even ever knew they were "illegal"...I doubt he even talked to them.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by TheTardis

They are doing almost all contract labor at job sites and manual labor jobs. That means technically they are self employed because that is how manual labor is.

Not according to the IRS

You are not an independent contractor if you perform services that can be controlled by an employer (what will be done and how it will be done). This applies even if you are given freedom of action. What matters is that the employer has the legal right to control the details of how the services are performed.

www.irs.gov...=179115,00.html

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
[But people tend to claim they don't have a problem with "legal" immigrants...but why? I honestly think it is because they know how incredibly hard and expensive it is to become a "legal" immigrant...so they know the volume is going to be extremely low and the competition from them is going to be extremely low.

I have often said...if it is just the "illegal" factor that people don't like....then let's make it extremely easy to come here legally. Sign a paper at the border...get a work permanent work permit with a tax ID...problem solved.

But no...people who are agianst "illegals" are also against a program like that...because the competition would be too much and they know they can't compete with a determined hard worker.

If someone wants to come here legally, I'll be the first to sign up to help them with their paperwork. I don't care about if it costs money for them to come here, they could make it free if they wanted to, and as long as they come legally then I'm fine with it. My problem with illegal immigration is that people come here illegally, get a fake social security number, and pull benefits that they haven't earned and haven't worked for. I can't get health care because I make too much for Medicaid, but I don't make enough to pay for insurance, but an illegal can come here and get free healthcare.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   

reply to post by FlyersFan

You IGNORE the fact that many, many illegals who are here ARE violent criminals and drug runners.

You IGNORE the fact that, no matter what their motivation, they are sucking BILLIONS off our economy and making harder for those who are here legally.

Prove it.

Prove the majority are violent criminals that would justify even bringing up to try to tarnish the image of them.

www.renewamerica.com...

www.freerepublic.com...

www.vvdailypress.com...

www.foxnews.com...

Shall I go on? Your friggen blind if you dont think there is a large contingent of violent criminals flooding across our borders. Open your eyes and stop being so naive with your useless babble.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   

The taxes are withheld by the employer...and you are right...they never file taxes...so they never get a refund.

So in fact, they are probably paying more in taxes than some American citizens are.

link   

Originally posted by elrem48
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

These immigrants come here to WORK their asses off to provide a better life for their children. Their children see all their parents have done for them and in turn they WORK their asses off to become successful in this country. They come with one goal...to WORK

This is EXACTLY what immigrants from the start of the Colonial Era (1600's to 1700's) were like, and up through the mid 1900's. After WWII everything started going downhill as we became more prosperous with more entitlements, making for very spoiled citizens. Nowadays children don't see all "parents have done for them" as motivation to work their butts off...but rather take it for granted and expect the same treatment when they are out in the so-called real world. They aren't motivated to achieve a better standard of living because they already have that at home with mom and dad, and can usually return home if their aspirations fail. We have created "a monster" so to speak, as we the enablers have allowed a nonchalant generation to develop....and our "nanny-state" doesn't help either. I know this doesn't apply to every natural born citizen, because personality and different circumstances determine the outcome also. But in general and for many reasons, Americans lack the motivation that immigrants have.

I just read a blog by a 19 year old friend of my son"s which said "Having nothing can sometimes be the best inspiration you get.".
edit on 18-6-2012 by elrem48 because: Did not copy all of my post.

link   

I learned that from being life long friends with their landlord and being present when they would have to have him sign their welfare papers showing that they lived there so they could get welfare. I also was there when they would cash their SSI checks with my friend to pay the rent.

If I could work and be on welfare, didnt have to pay taxes, I would also be living high on the hog like the illegals, but I cant. What is so wrong in your eyes with them having to come here legally and paying taxes like everyone else? Why do they deserve to be treated better than those that are legally here and obeying the laws????????

They are hard workers I agree, but they shouldnt be getting a free ride from the government, while making loads of tax free money under the table..

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by jam321

They are doing almost all contract labor at job sites and manual labor jobs. That means technically they are self employed because that is how manual labor is.

Not according to the IRS

You are not an independent contractor if you perform services that can be controlled by an employer (what will be done and how it will be done). This applies even if you are given freedom of action. What matters is that the employer has the legal right to control the details of how the services are performed.

www.irs.gov...=179115,00.html

And around here they are given a 1099 form I believe it is which means the employer is not taking taxes from their check. They get the full amount and it is up to them to file that paperwork and pay the taxes. Look it up. I dont care what the IRS says. That just tells me they dont know half of what is going on and are trying to gloss it over for us. Believe me.. The vast majority truck to job sites 10 to a truck, they jump out, work all day and pay no taxes into the government.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   

If they're being paid under the table, they're usually paid in cash, which means no taxes paid by the employer, OR the employee. That's one of the reason that so many employers prefer to use illegal immigrants, and day laborers.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   

You provide 4 examples and you think that proves the majority are criminals.

Like I said...this is exactly what I'm talking about...demonizing a group based on the actions of a few.

Do you want me to go find some articles where American citizens have committed horrible crimes...and then I can claim all Americans are horrible violent criminals???

You are hilarious my friend....hilarious or frightening ignorant.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   

The taxes are withheld by the employer...and you are right...they never file taxes...so they never get a refund.

So in fact, they are probably paying more in taxes than some American citizens are.

Wrong.. When you are a contractor at any construction site around here they DO NOT with hold taxes. Your considered a self employed contractor. Its very common and it happens all over the country. If you believe they are all gettting taxes taken from their checks you are being snowed by the government. But we all know that already.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

If someone wants to come here legally, I'll be the first to sign up to help them with their paperwork.

Very compassionate and I applaud you..On a side note, it always surprises me that in many of the sources people give concerning, illegals the reports commonly seem to group legal immigrants in as well. If people believe in legal immigration then why point out what they cost us?

My problem with illegal immigration is that people come here illegally, get a fake social security number, and pull benefits that they haven't earned and haven't worked for.

Makes one wonder why the politicians in charge give this benefit to illegals. They can only get what politicians entitle them to. And as for the SSN, I still can't figure out why we can counterproof our money but keep the same old social security card. Yet everybody seems to scrapegoat the illegals for what the government is entitling them to.

I can't get health care because I make too much for Medicaid, but I don't make enough to pay for insurance, but an illegal can come here and get free healthcare.

Just to be fair, hospitals are required to stabilize anybody with an emergency, regardless if they can pay or not.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by kennylee

same thing I've been saying for 2 years the ones who don't believe us either live in a big city or have some thing to lose, and yes I'ts because they are breaking the law and stealing our government blind, nothing else.and to and to your statement. you forgot the .The land lord pays taxes on a single family dwelling while multiple family's living under one roof. I pay more property tax on my single family home to make up the difference.that's were schools get most there money .

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   

You provide 4 examples and you think that proves the majority are criminals.

Like I said...this is exactly what I'm talking about...demonizing a group based on the actions of a few.

Do you want me to go find some articles where American citizens have committed horrible crimes...and then I can claim all Americans are horrible violent criminals???

You are hilarious my friend....hilarious or frightening ignorant.

Yes.. I'm the dumb one here. Your fighting a losing battle man. I found 4 examples in like 5 seconds. I dont have time to dig up the statistics but the fact that I even found 4 is enough for me. The 4 year old didnt have ot get raped if we didnt let them in. The 14 year old at that party didnt have to get raped either. So your ok with a 4 year old getting raped? What if it was your kid. I agree we have our own criminals idiot. Why would I want to deal with someone elses? I am assuming you live up north somewhere and dont have much of an illegal population so the crap coming out of your mouth is just stupid. You cant possibly be this blind. How about if you let a the guys that raped the little girls come live next door to you? I am done with you. Your defending the dumbest thing on earth at this point. You can try to make me look stupid all you want. Its your only defense because the issues here have been thrown in your face and you cant defend those. So resort to name calling as you always do.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

If someone wants to come here legally, I'll be the first to sign up to help them with their paperwork. I don't care about if it costs money for them to come here, they could make it free if they wanted to, and as long as they come legally then I'm fine with it. My problem with illegal immigration is that people come here illegally, get a fake social security number, and pull benefits that they haven't earned and haven't worked for. I can't get health care because I make too much for Medicaid, but I don't make enough to pay for insurance, but an illegal can come here and get free healthcare.

So I'm assuming you support Obama's latest policy to give people who were brought here as children by their parent legal work permits???

And would you also support a virtual open boarder policy where all you have to do is register at the boarder to get a work permit and tax id???

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   

And around here they are given a 1099 form I believe it is which means the employer is not taking taxes from their check.

then your beef should be with those greedy business owners who are committing a crime by declaring those employees as self contractors in the first place in order to avoid taxes themselves.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by elrem48

These immigrants come here to WORK their asses off to provide a better life for their children. Their children see all their parents have done for them and in turn they WORK their asses off to become successful in this country. They come with one goal...to WORK

This is EXACTLY what immigrants from the start of the Colonial Era (1600's to 1700's) were like, and up through the mid 1900's. After WWII everything started going downhill as we became more prosperous with more entitlements, making for very spoiled citizens. Nowadays children don't see all "parents have done for them" as motivation to work their butts off...but rather take it for granted and expect the same treatment when they are out in the so-called real world. They aren't motivated to achieve a better standard of living because they already have that at home with mom and dad, and can usually return home if their aspirations fail. We have created "a monster" so to speak, as we the enablers have allowed a nonchalant generation to develop....and our "nanny-state" doesn't help either. I know this doesn't apply to every natural born citizen, because personality and different circumstances determine the outcome also. But in general and for many reasons, Americans lack the motivation that immigrants have.

I just read a blog by a 19 year old friend of my son"s which said "Having nothing can sometimes be the best inspiration you get."
This is purely coincidental, but interesting how it fits right into what I stated in my earlier post. Oh, yeah he's not an immigrant.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by jam321

Yeah, I can go to a hospital and get stabilized, but I was just recently diagnosed with a mild arrythmia. I want to get it checked out, but to do that, I'd have to marry my other half to get on her insurance, and then it would only cover the first $250, then we'd have to pay a big chunk to get to where it would take over again. Whereas an illegal can go with a fake SSN, and get on Medicaid, and not have to pay a dime for the same treatment, or more.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join