It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Reason Some Americans Hate Immigrants...it's not because they are "illegal"

page: 27
<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by dr treg
Doesn`t it boil down to this:

Funny that you use a clip from South Park to demonize the people who are anti illegal immigration. Those characters were clearly there to represent the over the top racists, which in itself was a bit of social commentary on how anyone who is anti illegal immigration is viewed. At the very end of the episode Stan very clearly states the message of the episode, which was that while he understood that they were living in poverty in their place of origin, and just trying to make a life for themselves, them entering en masse can hurt the communities they enter into.

Let's keep cartoons out of the debate.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Hey Outkast? Let me ask you this question. Look at the people who are United States citizens living on the border who are fearing for their lives, while Janet Napolitano and Obama allow these criminals coming across our borders to endanger LEGAL Americans who pay taxes and live in this country.........."What in the hell is being done to protect our own citizens while this political grab ass game is going on in this country??????

Imagine this happening in Israel????? All hell would break loose don't you think????

You sit on your high horse and try to act like a great humanitarian right? Well, why don't you buckle up and go down tthere and see what your fellow Americans, (who are living in fear) are going thru and then come back and spew your nonsense about how we should just open our borders up and allow all of these hard working people come into our country to replace those of us who are to LAZY to work????

Go live in these peoples shoes who ARE AMERICANS, who are living in fear!!! Of course I know you won't do it, because that isn't the reason for your post in the first place is it???

Your agenda is to protect your dictator Obama and to hell with what happens to actual Americans who pay taxes and depend on their government to protect them!!!

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by macman

Originally posted by paganini

Originally posted by macman
reply to post by Indigo5

Did the Italians, Irish and Chinese sneak across the border???

I can't seem to recall that......................

edit on 19-6-2012 by macman because: (no reason given)

Actually many did. For exampleThe derogatory slur for Italians ,wop stood for "with out papers" due to the fact many of them came here illegally.

And they were sneaking across the southern border? Or just came before Ellis Island was operational?

They were coming from a variety of different locations. Further today...

"There are an estimated 50,000 Irish illegal immigrants in the U.S.; 30,000 of them are thought to live in New York City. "

www.latimes.com...

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   
GREAT POST OutKastSearcher!

I must point out the last little bit which made me giggle.

"it is about ENTITLEMENT vs DETERMINATION."

Man, did you ever get that right.
I read it in a different mindset than you probably wrote it in, but those in this country who live on entitlement programs do seem to hate immigrants more.
Back in the 70's Richard Prior had a joke about welfare jobs and immigrants...the punch line was "we don't need no new ni*gers".
I wonder if some mistook humor for philosophy? .....Oh right.
Immigants from Asia will come here, learn the language on the way here, work three jobs for a year or two, then just work two jobs while they go to college and save to go into business.
New arrivals here seem to see the many opportunities native born Americans are blind to.

edit on 19-6-2012 by Luminaught because: Chew Wriggley's Spearmint Beer!

edit on 19-6-2012 by Luminaught because: Tu,To,TOO,TWO,

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   
attention racists :

there are more asians immigrating to the US than mexicans now

please adjust your stero-types and hate accordingly

thank you

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
I will agree with on some of your statement. But to place me as a low-down, stealing from my own government, just so I can get by, is a slap in the face. I am an Ameriacan citizen. I have worked my ass off on what most would pass by as a job. I have never, in my nearly 40 years, asked for anything from my government. When I was without a job, I found a way to pay my way. This is the first time I have ever asked for any help from our government. The only reason being, I have a son. I must provide for my son no matter what. I was given unemployment for the very first time. It helped, not completely, but it helped. Now to say that I am lazy is heartbreaking. I work the very best I can to support my child. I will do anything for in this world for him. I have begged for a job, pleaded for the sake of of my son...The only thing I have been offered is the door. Maybe it is different where you are, but here, the unemployment rate is the very high. A job is something almost to kill for. Drag me down with your words of being lazy and wanting the easy way out, but the simple fact remains...If you are an illegal, you don't report your earnings. No wonder so many companies are hiring them. That's a kick-back for them. Produce more with less workers than the government knows about. They don't have to report them. Trust me I know this first hand. A large company here in Rome Georgia is on of the largest hirers of illegal immagrants. I tried with them as well. Because I can not speak spanish, the door was offered. I hope that one day you have to walk a mile in my shoes. I hope you have to suffer through the begging process of a job. Yes, I know your next statement...I have internet...Guess what? I can't afford it so I borrow other people's computers just so I can even search for a job. You really make me sick. You make me wish to God I had been wiser and gone to college and gotten my degrees as well. What you state is a double edged sword. Be careful how you swing it.To end this "rant" of mine to your post, I hope you have to watch your son eat the last of the food in the house while your stomach growles, just because you want to make sure his stomach is fuller than yours.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by WelcomeToMyMachine

Crossing the Rio Grande? Hey, I've seen it. In most places we wouldn't call it a respectable ditch here. I wade through deeper going to my car after a good rain.

Days in the desert? Most of the areas are not that unpopulated. You basically have huge ranches along most of the border... dry, yes, but with water sources. How do I know? A friend told me... the friend who cannot even go to his ranch anymore because there's a price on his head and several illegals have tried to collect already. He lost his best friend and ranch foreman to an illegal a few years back. He's lost several more ranch hands since.

Yeah, give me some more sob stories...

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
attention racists :

thank you

hate accordingly

Trust me. This is the ats, they will by all means, just like dominoes…Pathetic !

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by LastProphet527

My source is from talking to the few actual full-blood Cherokees that are left in this area. I met most of them back when I was trying to research my family tree on that side of the family. Sorry, no link. As a matter of fact, seeing as this is all anecdotal, feel free to go back to your blogs. They might be from some guy who never saw a real Indian, but, hey, it has a link!

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   

attention racists :

thank you

Yeah those dang business owning asians coming into our country, with their nail shops and restaurants.... They are putting a drain on the economy! How dare they come here and start a business while paying into the system?

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by jheated5

Yeah those dang business owning asians coming into our country, with their nail shops and restaurants.... They are putting a drain on the economy! How dare they come here and start a business while paying into the system?

Yeah they recently built a DMV near my house and now Asians own driving schools and vehicles....The irony...I hope this whole argument isn't just about Mexicans, it better be about others too...
edit on 19-6-2012 by KonquestAbySS because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by jheated5

attention racists :

thank you

Keep on playing that racist card, the more you play it the less people care....and why do you and other talk about legal immigrants - has anyone made any negative remarks towards "legal" immigrants?

edit on 19-6-2012 by MidnightTide because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   
I just want to thank all the posters who have brought some common sense to the table and who actually live in that little thing called "reality". Outkast Obama Supporter (and many others on the left) have clearly demonstrated an extreme aversion to things like reason, logic, principle, common sense, and REGARD FOR THE LAW!!

I've read the first couple pages of highly starred rebuttals providing very clear examples of how everything about the OP is ass backwards, completely wrong, and absolutely insulting and despicable toward most hard-working and honest Americans who choose not to break the law like illegal immigrants do. What is the response by the OP?
1- Willfully ignoring the fact that illegal is illegal is illegal. What part of illegal is so hard to understand?
2-Ducking the issue,
3-deflection,
4-race card,
5-race card,
6-ignoring the many examples which clearly demonstrate the OP to be patently false and absurd
7-saying Americans can't stand the competition when in fact it isn't real competition as it's not a level playing field when the illegals often work for less than minimum wage and under the table.

Notice that the title of the thread refers to "illegals" (suspicious and telling that the word illegals is put in quotes there too), but yet in the OP, when trying to put the immigrants on a pedestal, NOT ONCE! is the term illegals, or illegal immigrants used. This is such a tired and played out tactic by the left to try to shield the law breaking illegal immigrants behind the lawful immigrants. It's obviously near impossible to have a productive debate about this stuff when the differentiation isn't made.. and I think the differentiation was intentionally left out in the OP.

I honestly have a hard time believing that someone can be this thick headed and stubborn and steadfastly refuse to even consider any sort of opposing viewpoint. Seriously, what do you think you are are, God? Do you even consider the possibly that you might not be right 100% of the time because it honestly doesn't seem that way.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   
I don't hate immigrants since my grandfather was from Australia and my grandmother was from Hungary. I just don't like the ones that come here have kids, don't work and look for our government to take care of them. If you want to be here, work, learn the language and live in peace with the rest of us citizens.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   
America knows whats happening. Mexicans are coming to reclaim whats theirs, Aztlan.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Holy crap I cant believe this thread! illegal is ILLEGAL. It doesnt matter where theyre from. Illegal is ILLEGAL. I am NOT scared of competition if it is LEGAL. They(any nationality visitor of illegal status) dont get jobs because of hard work(some do) most get it because of their ability to work for 3.00 an hour. If i got to keep all my 3.00 per hour and paid no taxes, and free medical, and shacked up with all my buds i would be able to make it on 3.00 per hour too. It is good business sense to bring in more money than you pay out so if i hire people for 50% or more less than americans im gonna BREAK THE LAW and do it. they dont look at an illegal and an american working side by side and say " you know what? that illegal is working much harder than that sad, lowly american. lets hire him! and since hes such a good worker lets pay him half as much!" this is a VERY SIMPLE CUT AND DRY ARGUMENT HERE PEOPLE. There are some racists everywhere. theres even people in mexico who hate americans! Wow! guess what? they are still ILLEGAL! people who cant understand this EXTREMELY SIMPLE CONCEPT are lying. they have an agenda they are pushing or are ILLEGAL themselves. (apologies for grammatical errors, sent from mobile. I havent logged in in months, but this is a sick and twisted thread) ;-)

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Good post, OP. I agree with a lot of what you are saying, but as many of your dissenters are pointing out, there are very tangible problems associated with illegal immigration, and I think those problems have been pretty well-covered at this point.

Since we are digging down into the motives behind the anti-immigrant position, I think that we need to go deeper than fear. I agree that fear is a motivating force behind the anti-immigrant sentiment, but boiling it down to fear of being out-performed doesn't account for all of the perspectives.

In the OP I got the sense that being out-performed is just a blow to someone's ego, but for many people that is not the case; they fear that their survivability is threatened. The fear that immigrants can negatively affect one's survivability stems from a worldview rooted in scarcity.

For someone thinking in terms of scarcity, resources are finite, and competition is undesirable because it means the resources must be divided, with each new competitor detracting from his/her access to resources. In this way it really doesn't matter whether the person is immigrating legally or illegally because either way it is "another mouth to feed."

For someone thinking in terms of abundance, resources are "infinite" (insofar as new resources can be generated), so competition makes little or no difference for his/her access to resources. With such a worldview, immigration, both legal and illegal, represents added potential for generating resources and therefore helps to "feed more mouths."

It seems to me that the difference between the "took our jobs" group and the "bleeding hearts" group is a matter of whether resources are scarce or abundant. It will be fairly difficult to change such a deeply-held belief, even if a person wants to. Just watch an episode of "Hoarders," and you will see the intensity of a scarcity-based worldview.

I see the "illegal is illegal" argument as a form of the scarcity mindset insofar as justice is a vital resource to which access is being denied. It also tends to turn into a slippery slope fallacy, such as "if we don't uphold this law, then this will happen and that will happen until the whole country is in anarchy."

These views obviously do not account for those who view illegal immigrants as a direct, violent, mortal threat. I think that argument is valid in many cases, especially in border states like Arizona and Texas, but I also think it is grossly stereotypical to say that a significant portion of illegal immigrants are violent.
edit on 19-6-2012 by wagnificent because: accounted for "illegal is illegal" argument

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Revealation

Your ignorance is astounding. 1st of all, many of them are endangering the lives of the people they work with and who they're doing the work for. There's one thing doing physical labor and it's another to have the skills and knowledge acquired after years of on the job training.

Oh please...the jobs they "illegals" are usually in are low skill labor jobs. And everyone, "illegal" or American citizen, start in those jobs with no training. Don't try to pull this crap about "illegals" endangering peoples life...they have as much training as a newly hired citizen does.

I will outwork ANY man there is. I have yet to be shown up by ANY illegal or legal immigrant or American for that matter. The problem is the salary they work I'SNT FEASABLE for an AMERICAN as the wage earned couldn't compare to the economy.

You will outwork any man there is...as long you get paid enough

I'm sorry they have more determination and drive than you do...they are willing to sacrifice where you are not.

IN layman''s terms, why bust my ass for 40-60 hrs a week of back breaking, greuling work for a McDonald's paycheck?

You wouldn't, because your sense of entitlement dictates otherwise...you think you DESERVE more than that. But others are willing and happy to do it for less...don't hate them for it...look at your own priorities. The fact is that you don't NEED to buy gas...you can take the bus too. You don't NEED a mortgage...you choose to live your lifestyle...there are plenty of low rent places I'm sure. You don't NEED insurance (not yet at least)...you can use the same free clinics and Emergency rooms as "illegals" do.

It's all about choice...your sense of entitlement dictates your choice because you want a certain lifestyle.

The guys I worked with were all great guys, and hard workers...problem is they ARE ruining the market for us Americans. If they were in YOUR field of work or taking jobs from lawyers, judges and cops, it would be a different story. THEN illegal immigration would become a problem.

Yes...exactly...you don't want the competition.

Prove me wrong...come out and declare that you support an immigration policy where legal entry and work permits are as easy as signing your name at a border check point.

My field has it's own problems...I deal with outsourcing...so I work harder and make sure my quality is top notch to combat that.

I blame the companies hiring them. They should be held liable along with he sympathizers such as yourself. It's people like you with your ideals in gov't that led to the current situation being so bad in the 1st place.

I blame the companies too...I support very harsh penalties for them hiring "illegals" under minimum wage coupled with a very easy legal entry policy.

That would fix all the problems you are complaining about...but of course it will bring in a lot of workers you have to compete with...a lot of very hard and determined workers that have no sense of entitlement....and I honestly think you absolutely fear that competition.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by jheated5

Lets put it into real simple terms, which will fly over liberals heads as always.... Employer pays you 10 dollars an hr as a citizen and offers 7 dollars to the illegal alien this is what happens afterwards.... 2 dollars is taken for your income tax, 1 dollar for you property tax/rent, 1 dollar for car insurance, 1 dollar for health insurance and lets say 3 or 4 dollars for food and necessities..... So after all that money put into the system you are left with about 2 dollars of that 10......

Now the illegal was paid 3 dollars less than you but are not bound to our system or laws, they don't have income tax, property tax, car insurance or health insurance.... Sure they may have to pay lets say 1 dollar out of that on sales tax and that's all we'll see.......

Again...it's a myth that "illegals" don't pay income tax...many sources have been provided to show this.

Unless they are living on the streeet...they pay property taxes...if they are renting, the landlord uses part of their rent for property taxes.

And for the insurance...that is a choice you are making...you don't need a car....and you can use the free clinics and ERs just like "illegals" do. It's really crappy healthcare...but you seem to think "illegals" have it so good...maybe you should drop your health insurance and give it a try.

I really love examples like this...honestly...do people really think "illegals" live in luxury????

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by WelcomeToMyMachine

What a lot of people in this thread are missing is that we are talking about real people. Someones son, someones daughter, someones husband or wife, someones mom. Or in your case...someones father.

I think the manager of the gas station had it right...don't let them get you down. Immigrants and children of immigrants have a determination and a drive that "real Americans" (their term, not mine) will never understand. I'm sure that you appreciate everything you have, that you cherish education, and that you have a goal to succeed...because you know what your father went throught to give you that opportunity and you aren't going to waste it. I know this, because it is/was the same for me.

new topics

top topics

<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join