It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Reason Some Americans Hate Immigrants...it's not because they are "illegal"

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Tecunuman2012

are you nuts?

USA lets in over a million people every year.

EVERY - YEAR - 1,000,000 - PEOPLE!!!!!

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Jobs are given to people these days based on race and gender so yes,Mexicans would be given a job over a qualified American because of their race.Sad eh?

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 02:03 AM
link   
I have some Illegals living down the street from me. If the US Government won't deport them, guess I'll have to take matters into my own hand. The LAW is the LAW.

This thread is weak. Time for a CLEANSING.

Oh.. BTW, I DO dislike because they're "Illegal".
edit on 6/19/2012 by 4REVOLUTION because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 02:36 AM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

No matter who they are theyre still ILLEGALY working and ILLEGALY staying on US ground.
You can be Einstein but that not justifies the way you get the work and the way you get into US.
Sorry but this is just the reason why is whole world so in deep s### right now.
Nobody cares about the rules because everybody thinks that result justifies process(ways) and that is not true because in very final somebody got to pay this (free medical care etc.).
One example from Canada there are a lot of people from India when they seek medical attention in hospitals instead of speaking english (or french; some of them).
Hospital got to get some India speaker for them to translate into english and vice versa of course paid by hospital...
What are you gonna say now?
They can be hard working, smarter and whatever better but when it comes to rules they are breaking them most of the times from the very beginning and those "stupid" americans dont so who is right?

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 03:18 AM
link   
reply to post by navy_vet_stg3

Well then you understand the issue.
We got similar problem in our country and ive got to say that money justify it all. They(government) do not care what they do, who is gonna pay their expenses...
I dont want to pin point some specific group but let me say this.

I do not care whether person is black,yellow, purple, colorless, whether he/she is small or big etc.
As long as you are in my country come through legal process, speak our language, obey our laws and finally do not assimilate and create communities because that is why european union model of free moving around the eu has CRASHED!!

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 03:22 AM
link   

I often wonder if the people who complain about immigrants are motivated enough to actually work for what they want in life.

I've told friends to apply to where I work. Good benefits, Good starting pay (for the field that is) and the job just gets easier as you develop a routine over time.

The response I get?

They don't want to clean. They don't want to get dirty. Excuse after excuse.

Guess where that job goes? Around here, it usually goes to a refugee or legal immigrant.

Don't complain if there are jobs out there.

The problem lies not with the immigrants, but rather the people that complain about them.
edit on 19-6-2012 by The Sword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 03:25 AM
link   
reply to post by FissionSurplus

Somehow, I doubt that my grandparents were as whiny about immigrants as some of the folks on here.

Back then, people didn't bitch and moan whenever others got opportunities. They went out and got similar or better opportunities!

If some of the whiny Americans on here would forget about pride and get off of their lazy asses to take the first job that comes down the pike, they would be a whole lot better off.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheTardis

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

Really?

So I guess since the American colonist couldn't fix thier home countries...they shouldn't have come to invade the Americas.

That is really one of the dumbest arguments in this whole immigration debate.

Ok.. So you think people fled England because it was a crappy place to live? They came here mostly for religious freedom and because there was a chance at a different kind of life. I dont think they came here because there were jobs they could do cheap and send money back to England. Not even remotely the same thing.

I'd quit now if i were you, your ignorance is showing.
Europe today wasnt the same as it was in the 1500's/16/17 etc, it was actually in a pretty bad state, worse than mexico, people didnt move because soley for religous freedom, but for the higher standards of living in the us.
Plus here in the UK, even today, costs of things are way to high, living standards are meh, taxed to death prettty much.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 04:02 AM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 04:11 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 04:45 AM
link   
As an American who is an "immigrant" to a foreign country I see similar things. Often in any country the immigrants work harder than the average native of any country. Maybe because they had the drive, balls, where-with-all or brains to leave their country of origin - where ever that may have been.

Interesting fact:
I recently read that over 1/3 of Sydney residents were not even born in Australia.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 05:34 AM
link   
I'm not going to debate the OP's points.

I dislike immigrants because they drive down wages-- wages that are already a pittance compared to what individual work generates per hour. I am not a communist, but Marx had a point here. We invariably assign too much importance to the supposed leaders of industry, and leave the workers in shambles. (Alienated Labor, if you are familiar with Marx) I disagree with legislation that attempts to enforce redistribution, but I believe that paying good workers considerably more inevitably results in increased productivity-- and that is a rising tide that lifts all boats.

Yes, by and large immigrants WILL work harder for less pay than Americans, because they work under duress. I do not want to work under duress. I am not a slave.

I believe ALL workers are entitled to a living wage and safe working conditions. The illegals are entitled to the same: IN THEIR HOME COUNTRY. It is quite clear that many immigrants do not want to assimilate, so Instead of running to America so that we can solve their problems, they should deal with the deteriorating situation in their countries of origin.

I have nothing personal against immigrants, I merely support a reasonable number and selection of them for practical reasons. Morally, we should help everyone, but practically, we can't.

By the way, I'm a native american, so you can save your baseless personal attacks.

I don't know why I even reply to this post, because it is pretty obvious it is being railroaded around by some nature of propagandist. Normal people, in my experience, tend to refrain from gratuitous disregard for individual respect due to the notion that it will be difficult to take their opinions seriously in the future.

Trolls, however, do not care.
edit on 19-6-2012 by Infrasilent because: The OP is a troll

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 06:00 AM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 06:03 AM
link   
reply to post by ovumcranium

As an American who is an "immigrant" to a foreign country I see similar things. Often in any country the immigrants work harder than the average native of any country. Maybe because they had the drive, balls, where-with-all or brains to leave their country of origin - where ever that may have been.

Exactly.

And not just that, but did you stop to think that they are working that hard while they are being discriminated against left and right?

Not a single anti-immigrant idiot does. But as previously concluded, these anti-immigrant people are simply not intelligent enough to understand what it is they are saying about what.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by InfoKartel
Look little miss Catholic. Your church pays NO taxes ...

I've said it before and looks like I'll have to say it again. I said I was RAISED Catholic. What I believe at this point doesn't fit into any organized religion box. I support the CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS of Catholics not to have to go against their religion to pay for birth control. that doesn't make me a practicing Catholic .. that makes me an American supporting the US Constiution.

the people you are putting down are the best students in universities, the most efficient workers at their jobs.

I don't care. They are illegal. They suck hundreds of billions from our economy. It's just that simple.

So please, you claim to be Christian? Pick up your Bible, read and know your place.

You know where you can shove that bible ....
As I've said .. I don't believe there is much of God to be found in the bible.

Your inferences are OFF TOPIC and just plain WRONG. Stop telling lies.

Originally posted by InfoKartel
Not a single anti-immigrant idiot does. But as previously concluded, these anti-immigrant people are simply not intelligent enough to understand what it is they are saying about what.

ETA
:shk: And there is your problem. I dont think anyone here has said they are anti-immigrant. They have said they are anti-ILLEGAL immigrant. There is a difference. But you are too busy throwing around off topic personal insults to be able to see that.

edit on 6/19/2012 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Viking9019
Jobs are given to people these days based on race and gender so yes,Mexicans would be given a job over a qualified American because of their race.Sad eh?

Very true. Here's a player whose paralyzed and signed to a professional footbal team while there are other players who are just not good enough...but can actually play.....that will never make it.

TAMPA, Fla. -- In a symbolic gesture, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers signed Rutgers defensive tackle Eric LeGrand, whose playing career was ended by a spinal cord injury, on Wednesday morning.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Our nation has always been built on immigrants coming here for a better life.

Why should we change that now?

Right, we shouldn't.

But historically those people have always embraced American culture. They wanted to speak English and be "American" in other ways while still honoring their culture and traditions at home.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Night Star

Originally posted by kerazeesicko

riggs2099 at 2012-06-18" target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>

This is all I have to say about Americans and the immigrant issue.
edit on 18-6-2012 by kerazeesicko because: (no reason given)

I have some native american ancestory and one tribe was almost completely wiped out and NOT by the white man, but by another tribe! People have fought over land since we existed. No white man alive today had anything to do with the demise of the indians.

A majority of the Native Americans were wiped out by one of the biggest plagues in history. Around 90 percent or so.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by kosmicjack

Our nation has always been built on immigrants coming here for a better life.
Why should we change that now?

Right, we shouldn't. But historically those people have always embraced American culture. They wanted to speak English and be "American" in other ways while still honoring their culture and traditions at home.

And they came here LEGALLY. And our country could AFFORD to have them come at that time.
Now - We can not afford illegals. Period. They cost us hundreds of billions of dollars every year.
Those who come here legally do NOT cost us. Illegals do. Big difference.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Your analysis rests on many questionable assumptions:
1. modern 21st century increasingly automated economy in a recession with already high unemployment even needs more low qualified work, and not actually less.
2. The economic benefits of immigrants are greater than the harm, both economic harm due to higher welfare, health, education and law enforcement costs, and subjective harm caused by local overpopulation and decrease in quality of life (which is not so easy to quantify in terms of money)

Point one leads to the China effect - companies have very low incentive in investing into automation and progress, because they can just cheaply exploit workers. Imagine if China did not exist, and all those factories were built in the west - since it would be impossible for the companies to exploit workers, the only way to higher profits and lower prices would be better automation and technology. This is not happening now, and thats bad.

new topics

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join