It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Reason Some Americans Hate Immigrants...it's not because they are "illegal"

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by FissionSurplus

Fission Surplus, Thank you for saying that so much more eloquante than I ever could have. I would like to know if the OP of this thread is American? Because if you are, you are fat, lazy just as you label all of us. If in fact you are not an American citzen. Your accessment of the Illegal immigrant situation in America is a fallacy.

Have you ever lost a job to an illegal that will work for less? Have you ever seen or been part of a industry to where their wages were lowered because of those "hard working illegals" who work for way less, who don't rock the boat because they don't want to be deported, who don't file Workers comp claims when they are hurt, because they are illegal.

I left a trade of 29 years because of illegal immigrants. Go to the project in the a.m. , I had 22 men under my supervision, I could communicate with three of them, come April 15th, their gone, because they know the ss# jig is up. Wait three weeks their all re-placed with new illegals, it's a revolving door of illegals.

25 million illegal immigrants simply walk across our southern border and you can't find a problem with that? Let me guess, Outcast Searcher, you don't do trade work do you? I would believe you don't. Until it affects you on a personal basis, your opinion ( and thats what your post is) is like arse holes we all have one.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by kerazeesicko

riggs2099 at 2012-06-18" target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>

This is all I have to say about Americans and the immigrant issue.
edit on 18-6-2012 by kerazeesicko because: (no reason given)

I have some native american ancestory and one tribe was almost completely wiped out and NOT by the white man, but by another tribe! People have fought over land since we existed. No white man alive today had anything to do with the demise of the indians.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by KeliOnyx

Oh really i"ve prostituted myself to right to work laws? I didn't support those laws then or now neither did anyone I know yet somehow they still got passed. Right to work is code for right to screw you in every way possible and make you say thank you sir may I have another.

And as many of us have stated in our posts we don't hate all immigrants... hell I don't even hate the bad ones that give all immigrants a bad name. What i do HATE is the MASSIVE costs they are putting onto our tax base while shipping all the money they can to foreign countries where it will never do the American economy a bit of good. What I do hate is those that reap the benefits of our free and open society while mocking and hating us for it. What I do hate is those that come here with no intent of ever assimilating, instead seeking to force us to adapt to them and their ways which they LEFT THEIR HOME COUNTRIES TO GET AWAY FROM BECAUSE THEY DON"T WORK TO CREATE A FUNCTIONAL SOCIETY. THat's why they're here afterall is because they can't find work or are oppressed where they came from. SO when they seek to turn here into a carbon copy of the things they have fled from with low wages, a police state, and dangerous neighborhoods and streets YEAH IT BUGS ME.

IF you want to tell me I am not allowed to have a problem with all of this ... you sir are high in the night.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

What you said basically says ...Native Americans need to get over it...reminds of this pic.

link   

Originally posted by hellbjorn012

Originally posted by KeliOnyx
reply to post by marsoto

but ultimately won't put the feet of those truly responsible aka the employers hiring them responsible.

Its the job of the government to enforce the laws and penalize companys who hire illegals. To bad nothing the government ever does is to benefit its citizens and always has its roots in greed.
edit on 18-6-2012 by hellbjorn012 because: (no reason given)

And too bad our government shouldn't make it so easy for illegals to get into our country in the first place. So the root of the problem doesn't pertain to the employers who hire them---but our wonderful caring government! This is plain hypocrisy.

link   
I think the bigger issue is that we Americans do not want to work as slaves. The companies on the other hand feel that we should. Thanks to the wide open border they have the upper hand. It's true that Hispanics will work harder. I've been in situations where I tried to wake people up that their jobs were in jeopardy. They just replied that they had done their share. Shortly later they were out and saying they couldn't believe I was right. The immigrants treat the job as though it's important and they have made it. On the other hand the average American will just be complacent to do his share. There's nothing wrong with that, but you'll lose. You have to do more now if you're competing for those types of jobs and that's just how it is. The company doesn't need to raise your wages instead you should just be content with having a job at all. Hang in there and you won't even be able to communicate with your coworkers unless you learn their language. It's not that hard really, and if you try real hard you can probably move in with a couple dozen of them into a trailer.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   

What you said basically says ...Native Americans need to get over it...reminds of this pic.

I merely pointed out that you can't blame anyone alive today for the atrocities of the past.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   

That is an awesome picture.

It has hypocrisy written all over it.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by elrem48

Originally posted by hellbjorn012

Originally posted by KeliOnyx
reply to post by marsoto

but ultimately won't put the feet of those truly responsible aka the employers hiring them responsible.

Its the job of the government to enforce the laws and penalize companys who hire illegals. To bad nothing the government ever does is to benefit its citizens and always has its roots in greed.
edit on 18-6-2012 by hellbjorn012 because: (no reason given)

And too bad our government shouldn't make it so easy for illegals to get into our country in the first place. So the root of the problem doesn't pertain to the employers who hire them---but our wonderful caring government! This is plain hypocrisy.

Is it wise in this economy with so many that are unemployed? Say there was a job opening and you are perfectly qualified for that job, but an illegal gets hired instead. Would you be ok with that?

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   

I

Maybe it's just those pictures are a fake portrayal of reality, you think the line stops at the native americans?... Just another guy wanting to play the good guys roll, it's too bad everyone is guilty of a dark past sorry you are not the exception to the rule SO GET OVER IT!

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by kerazeesicko

oh thats right....
we wiped out the indians, and made alcoholics out of their offspring LULZ
That right there is enough to merit every guilt ridden citizen to jump off a cliff with any westernized possesion they hold.
The country has done things that arent pretty....but who hasnt done similar things all in the name of their great nation(thats not an excuse, but a reason)
Im sure you know theres not a single government official alive today from the period of the savage redskins(sarcasm) extermination...so whats the point?
We cant changewhat we did in the past, but we sure can try to dictate our future to an extent.

So then how is immigration a good thing right now...how will this help our recession?
the upcoming election will be 99%(pun intended) about the economy.
Outkast can try all he want to plant an ideal of why americans supposedly hate illegals(one step away from saying the elitist manifest destiny saturated americans hate brown people!)
When personally i think americans just hate "agendas"(like the presidents social epiphanys that apparently only occur during election years).

thats cute...my ancestors were irish iberian slaves.....and i DEAL WITH IT

edit on 18-6-2012 by truthseeker808 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Yea and I have both Cherokee and European blood in me too. Guess what? I hold no ill about any of it. My nationality is American and my ancestry is more than some cartoon.

This is what I think:

GET OVER IT

GET OVER IT

GET OVER IT

You're a troll.
edit on 18-6-2012 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by jjf3rd77

Please stop playing the race card!!!!

Please show me where I "played the race card".

The only people bringing up race are those that are against immigration.

I was using the hand chop punishment as an example. You took it out of proportion but then you say, we can't do the same thing to you/them

It was a poor example...I took it out of proportion to show you how poor of an example it was.

I think you got the message.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   

I merely pointed out that you can't blame anyone alive today for the atrocities of the past.

Careful now, Night Star... without all the atrocities of the past as ammunition, some people wouldn't be able to shame others in order to win debates.

After all, that's what this is really and truly all about. It's angry people, upset because they didn't get everything they ever wanted handed to them on a silver platter, so now they have to demonize others to make themselves feel important. What better way to do that than to create a problem, distort the facts, and blame it on the very people suffering from the problem because somewhere in history before they were born, society made a wrong turn?

It may be a little on the evil side, but you gotta admit it is an ingenious methodology. And it apparently works.

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Problem with that is the Natives didnt magically grow out of the ground here. They are descendants from immigrants from asia AND to make matters worse we have some evidence a very ancient people from Iberia and france may have gotten here first.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by paganini

Problem with that is the Natives didnt magically grow out of the ground here. They are descendants from immigrants from asia AND to make matters worse we have some evidence a very ancient people from Iberia and france may have gotten here first.

What are you stupid or something? everyone knows the big bang happened and the native americans were the first human beings to live on this piece of land, how could there possibly been people here before them? Use some logic for crying out loud

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
reply to post by jjf3rd77

Please stop playing the race card!!!!

Please show me where I "played the race card".

The only people bringing up race are those that are against immigration.

lmao
TRANSLATION:im not playing the race card...the only people playing the race card are RACISTS!... pretending that im playing the race card!

I was using the hand chop punishment as an example. You took it out of proportion but then you say, we can't do the same thing to you/them

It was a poor example...I took it out of proportion to show you how poor of an example it was.

I think you got the message.

rule 3 of winning internet arguments:Make sure to advertise your small wins, while undermining others responses

....btw have you ever thought about being a public defender...you certainly have enough corny rhetoric for it

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Your so-called immigration "problem" has nothing to do with immigrant determination or American lack thereof; the theory you so blindly espouse is inherently flawed by the very reality we exist in. Just look around you: the jobs that take most effort are usually the ones that pay the least, while the ones that require the least amount of physical effort tend to pay more. If you've ever looked for a job and quit, frustrated, you should understand this: the most desirable jobs usually require an academic degree of some sort before ANY consideration.

Every race works these high-effort, low-pay jobs, not just the "pitiful illegals" you're righteously defending.

If these illegal immigrants truly wanted to better the lot of them and theirs, why not come into the country holding a relevant degree from a well-known, government certified institution?

Answer me that OP and I'll try to wrap this up.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

Originally posted by Alxandro
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Just because you are capable of knee jerk hatred, doesn't mean everyone else is too.
It's not about hate, it's about everything Flyers Fan and Redneck mentioned.
Plus it's also about the diseases they bring in to this country, case in point, that newfangled AIDS virus.
There was a time when immigrants were turned away at Ellis Island for having a freaking cavity, now they are just allowed to simply walk in and turn this country into the country they are leaving behind.
Where is the logic in this?
What's wrong with this picture?

Knee jerk hatred...who am I showing hatred towards???

And again...your reply just further illustrates my point....let's demonize them.

Now, not only are they violent criminals, drug dealers, disrespectful culture destroyers....but now they are plague bearers.

It's simply astounding that every person seems to just keep adding on the demonization of these hard workers...and in the same reply claim they don't hate these people....they are just violent criminal disease ridden drug dealers that destroy cultures....but you don't hate them

There you go again.
Yes, knee jerk hatred because you immediately assume that if person A does not want person B to come into this country illegally, it must be because of hatred.
Just because you may have the propensity to quickly reach for the low lying fruits of hate doesn't mean everyone else does.
Objectively thinking people would examine the situation in greater detail, and weigh both the risks and any potential benefits of illegal immigration.
Sure there are some benefits, but the negatives far outweigh the positives, and that is the main point of this whole discussion.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   
This is for all the posters who feel slighted by our sympathetic and considerate government. Sad part is it's really not funny, but patheticly true.

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join