It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Reason Some Americans Hate Immigrants...it's not because they are "illegal"

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by muse7
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

It's quite sad that many members on here want the U.S. to adapt the same barbaric policies of 3rd world countries.

It is quite sad indeed.

What is worse is that they think they are being witty...and they fail to see how ignorant it makes them look.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   
I say give illegal immigrants life or death sentences for crossing the border...... Problem solved! Sure it's cruel but after a few of them are tossed in jail forever or killed it would give them very good incentive not to sneek across the border... They won't be coming back to tell their friends how easy it is to get in, I know that much

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by DaMod

You know OKS... I don't think my problem is their presence in this country.. My problems are:
the availability (in many cases a higher availability) of entitlement programs meant for American citizens and paid for by American tax payers to illegal immigrants.
The constant use of stolen social security numbers for the purpose of employment and or purchase of property
The fact that illegals do nothing to change their status through proper circles

Making legal entry and/or legal work permits much easier to obtain would solve all of the above problems.

So, are you in support of immigration reform that focuses more on streamlining the process of legal entry rather than the impossible task of closing the border????

Because they are illegal there is no way of checking their criminal records upon entry to this country.. For all we know we're letting in truck loads of convicted killers, rapists and thieves into our borders.

Another with the boogeyman argument.

But by your own admission...you don't know this for fact....this is just something to use to scare people. So when someone sees someone they "think" looks like an illegal...they will think...."maybe they are a rapist".

Demonizing a group based on zero fact...that is pathetic.

I don't mean to sound like the perpetual broken record but.. The language here is English

Says who???

Land of the free...but don't you dare speak a different language.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by TheTardis

Ok.. So you think people fled England because it was a crappy place to live? They came here mostly for religious freedom and because there was a chance at a different kind of life. I dont think they came here because there were jobs they could do cheap and send money back to England. Not even remotely the same thing.

Um...yeah...they left for a chance at a better life...just like "illegals" are doing today.

What a bunch of lazy bastards though...they just ran away instead of trying to fix their own country...let's hate them...I bet some of them were rapist too...hey...and they brought all kinds of disease with them.

I guess you hate the American colonist...by your own standards.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Wow.. So a Federal offense to you is the same as a misdemeanor?

And you think our borders are a joke then? Do you think other countries care about their borders? Do you even give two craps about the United States and what it stands for? If our borders are "imaginary lines" then what are we? What a joke this thread is turning out to be. It seems if you had your way we would just declare the United States free land and have a big free for all Liberal Orgy and give all our money to foreigners and all live in straw huts..

Entering the country illegally is misdemeanor.

The United States used to stand for the Land of Opportunity where anyone could come for a chance at a better life....now it seems like it is filled with entitled brats who's parents took advantage of that and they don't want other immigrants ruining their chances at an easy life.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by muse7

Anti-illegal immigration bill stokes backlash in Alabama fields

Farmers fearing a labor shortage are protesting recent immigration laws they say are too harsh, forcing undocumented workers to flee to prevent deportation. They say US workers are unwilling to endure the rigorous conditions of farm work and that state legislators need to come up with solutions to prevent local agribusiness from going under.

More than 100 farmers and three state representatives in Alabama responded to the recent enactment of a slate of anti-illegal immigration laws by holding a public hearing this week in Oneonta, about 35 miles northeast of Birmingham. The farmers complained that they were already seeing laborers pack up and leave the state.

Link

First of all,it doesn't take millions of illegals to pick crops and secondly, illegals are in may areas of the workforce.

link   
reply to post by muse7

That's very strange... I live in a rural farming area in Alabama and getting a job on a farm is like pulling teeth. Every one of the farmers I know are not hiring.

This is either a made-up story or there's more to this story than we are reading.

TheRedneck

link   
reply to post by jheated5

I say give illegal immigrants life or death sentences for crossing the border

Hate much?

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by jjf3rd77

Jaywalkers do get fines
Speeders get thrown in jail
Gays used to get kicked out.

What happens to the illegals?

They get deported...or have you not heard???

Now...do you hate jaywalkers...do you hate speeders....do you hate gays who snuck into the military to defend our country when it was "illegal" for them to do so???

link   

oh really, so tell me the stats for welfare receipients for recent immigrants compared to those born here?

link   
i live in Albertville Alabama my mayor was on cnn talking about Alabama immigration law because we are in one of the most populated areas for Mexican Americans leagle and illigle growing up here never have had any hate noone really dose most of us where sad when the law past cause we lost some of our closes friends and family

my best friends dad cant live here with his son because he is illigle and its difficult to gain citizenship
jobs here dont hire based on what u look like or who u are but if u can do it because its factory work there isint even an interveiw if u want a job and ur over 18 come here and go to a chicken plant white brown or black u can work there there always hiring

we dont hate each other here once again uve been fooled by politics

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   

You know damn well that isnt what I am saying so stop being a child and putting words in my mouth

I'm not putting words in your mouth...you are afraid of the boogeyman...any unknown immigrant could potentially be a rapist murder who is carrying the plague...we should just keep them all out

It worked for our ancestors and had worked for years before the influx in illegals from the south.

Yes...let's go back to the system of our ancestors...come to the country...sign your name....enter the country. I'm fine with that...thanks for suggesting it.

Maybe they need to work on their own economy and it will be more lucrative for people to stay there but as it is we cant keep this free for all going. It is only hurting our country.

Those damn American colonist...morons who just ran away from their problems.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   

You know where you can put your opinion about the intelligence and work ethic of Americans.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Try illegally crossing the border into China or North Korea and convince them that its the same as Jaywalking or speeding.

Oh look...someone else who looks to horrible governments as their role models.

Why don't you just move to China or North Korea...then you won't be bothered by any evil "illegals".

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

It might not take millions but it's quite close actually

This is an article by CNN from 2010

The Department of Agriculture counts nearly one million farm workers in the United States. According to the Migrant Farm Worker Justice Project, 85% of farm workers are immigrants -- and up to 70% of them are illegal.

Link

So nearly 700,000 illegal workers are picking the fruits and vegetables that Americans eat every day which they can find at a very cheap price at local supermarkets.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   

And how am I demonizing them by telling the truth? How is being truthful Demonizing them? Explain that to me? The moment they step across the border they have committed a FEDERAL OFFENSE. That is a crime. I would not expect to get away with such a crime myself. So why should they? Or are you saying that they should not be accountable for the laws of this nation since you think that our borders are imaginary anyway.

Yes...they have committed a misdemeanor...just like those criminal jaywalkers.

And our borders are imaginary...they are made up...created...they aren't permanant....they are imaginary lines.

Answer me this. Is your only defense to keep screaming that we hate them and we keep demonizing them when in all actuality all we are doing is pointing out the truth? Are you campaigning for office or what? Do you actually believe what your spouting off?

I don't have a "defense"...I have an opinion.

May opinion is that you are so scared of people coming into this country that are determined and have the drive to out work you, that you have to demonize them to have an excuse to hate them.

You have done a fantastic job of backing up that opinion.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321

I say give illegal immigrants life or death sentences for crossing the border

Hate much?

Yup I guess you could say I'm not a fan of criminals......

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
reply to post by DaMod

You know OKS... I don't think my problem is their presence in this country.. My problems are:
the availability (in many cases a higher availability) of entitlement programs meant for American citizens and paid for by American tax payers to illegal immigrants.
The constant use of stolen social security numbers for the purpose of employment and or purchase of property
The fact that illegals do nothing to change their status through proper circles

Making legal entry and/or legal work permits much easier to obtain would solve all of the above problems.

So, are you in support of immigration reform that focuses more on streamlining the process of legal entry rather than the impossible task of closing the border????

Because they are illegal there is no way of checking their criminal records upon entry to this country.. For all we know we're letting in truck loads of convicted killers, rapists and thieves into our borders.

Another with the boogeyman argument.

But by your own admission...you don't know this for fact....this is just something to use to scare people. So when someone sees someone they "think" looks like an illegal...they will think...."maybe they are a rapist".

Demonizing a group based on zero fact...that is pathetic.

I don't mean to sound like the perpetual broken record but.. The language here is English

Says who???

Land of the free...but don't you dare speak a different language.

We have too many unemployed citizens to even consider making work permits easier to obtain by foreigners.
All other cultures have learned and speak our language except for many of the spanish speaking people. We are in many cases forced to speak 'their' language.

OS, if you don't believe there are illegal rapists, thieves and killers, you are ignoring the facts. You should know better. You obviously do not know anyone who has lost a child, wife or husband to an illegal. It's not something to scare people with, it's a fact! How you can blatantly deny this is beyond me.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Looks like Georgia is replacing "criminals" with more criminals?

Georgia sends criminals to replace undocumented immigrants

With Georgia’s restrictive immigration law set to kick in, Gov. Nathan Deal Tuesday is sending convicted criminals to fill farm jobs vacated by undocumented immigrants fleeing the state.

Deal, a first-term Republican, issued a statement on Tuesday morning calling on the state’s commissioners of labor, corrections and agriculture to work together to connect unemployed probationers with a state agriculture industry now desperate for workers.

Looks like those hard working Americans that are out of jobs are lining up for these jobs!

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   

In that case, I am in total agreement. It is the greed in this country that is the root problem. I don't blame the immigrants for wanting a better life. If I was in their situation, I would try to find a better life for my children as well . This is supposed to be the land of opportunity, is it not? With a title like that, and as long as we are a first world country, there will be border jumpers. If it was harder for them to find work, they wouldn't risk life and limb to get here. Them maybe they would focus their efforts on fixing their own government and economy.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join