It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Redneck Island (Survivor...Redneck Style)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Yep, that's just what this show is.

Like it's predecessors, (My Big Redneck Wedding, Redneck Vacation), it's definitely guilty pleasure, trainwreck-watching TV.

It is just what it sounds like, a bunch of self-described rednecks, on an island, with challenges, voting each other off, with the winner getting the loot (this time $100,000, but I'm sure the next season will be more, as no doubt, this will be another hit for that network).

You either like it or hate it I suppose.

"Stone Cold" Steve Austin hosts, and the islanders write the name of the person they are voting off on beer cans. The cans are placed in a cooler, and whoever has the most beers in the cooler, is off the island (some place in Mexico).

Anyhow, if it sounds like your thing, check it out.

On a side note, last season (first season) on My Redneck Vacation, the family ("The Clampets") were put up in a house in the Hamptons. It was a great fish out water show, with them adapting to life there, and the folks of the Hamptons encountering them.

This season, the same family is now put up in a London manor home, so no doubt, another trainwreck waiting to happen.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

I saw an add for this the other night. I understand the idea, as tv has become this. I suppose at some point though I decided watching "train-wrecks" was not funny anymore, just sad. I have no issue with people watching this type of show I just wonder why most shows now focus on this type of behavior...my past guilty pleasure was a show called "Tool Academy". I just couldn't believe these folks were so ready to acknowledge publicly what "tools" they were - now everyone on tv acknowledges what a tool they are and they get money for doing so. Strange.

CJ

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by ColoradoJens

I think these folks are more about getting the $100,000 than any TV fame. Maybe the young hot chicks are out for TV fame, but I think most of them are more about this one shot at a life-changing amount of money.

While I enjoy some trash, I also like some really good, critically-acclaimed TV also (Game of Thrones, True Blood, Dexter, etc.) I just like to mix it up...and just like you can't eat a fine steak every night for dinner...sometimes, a little desert thrown in is a good thing.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 07:16 AM
link   
I kinda got stuck watching it............Most of the red necks arent that bad on the show,,the only one that annoyed me was the guy from Columbia South Carolina who says he isnt a red neck at all and is smarter than any red neck woman . Well I live in Surfside beach S.C. and dude,,YES YOU ARE....You are totally that red neck Columbia guy that has a red neck "salt life" sticker on your car..croakies and a preppy car that doesnt mean anything once someone hears you talk.....I have no problem with country people or their accent,,,its what people say that determines if they are a red neck........and theres nothing more annoying than a red neck that doesnt know they are...

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by avatard

He's so much "smarter than a redneck" that they voted to send his butt home....

Only reason he stayed was because of another out due to an injury. From the clips shown, he even drank more beer than anyone else, and says he's not a redneck? Yeah...ok.

I never would have guessed there'd be a gay redneck, so he's an interesting character. He's more of a redneck for show, as he's just as prissy as any cosmopolitan gay guy.

Two of the gals though, are downright hot...

I'm definitely liking the one guy the best so far...the one who really kind of is the true captain, of the team led by the (smarter than a redneck) guy. He's an older guy, and with a good head on his shoulders.

top topics

join