Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Announcing the formation of the ATS Curmudgeon Party (Provisional)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu

Originally posted by Netties Hermit

Favourties for me so far are yourself (cause you're awesome), daaskapital (just cause he's an Aussie) and IpsissimusMagus (cause he's tenacious and posts Cartman clips.)

Just remember I can be bribed with a bucket of chicken Still impartial at this point.

I'm tempted to vote for IpsissimusMagus myself, due to his tenacity and sheer cussedness! ;lol: I think he has a place in the Curmudgeon Party, if he ever leaves his own!

As far as the chicken goes, I hear it's bad for you, but thankfully, the Curmudgeon Party platform doesn't allow ME to decide what is and isn't good for YOU!

Would home-raised and fried chicken be a potential game-changer? It's, ummm... organic, you know, and may even be better for you!

edit on 2012/6/18 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

Death threats already?!!?!

.... I must really be ahead in the polls!!!!

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
The name of your party does not fill me with much hope.
Curmudgeon

a crusty irascible cantankerous old person full of stubborn ideas

www.thefreedictionary.com...

I'm gonna need more convincing.

I haven't used 'irascible' or 'cantankerous' in a long time. Great words. Both are rather fun to say.

They can be even more fun to BE!

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   
The missing campaign slogan

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleChiten

Originally posted by Netties Hermit
reply to post by PurpleChiten

Step away frum da NUGGETZ!!!

It has been done.

Chicken, I will miss you. See you after the election.

It will be well worth the wait!
Did you know that squirrel is a great alternative?

Good point! They both taste just like Bald Eagle or Spotted Owl, and I have a lot more squirrels currently than I do chickens!

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   
How would this party approach such considerations as: helmet laws and seat belt laws and jaywalking and/or every other ordinance that (by implication) seems to diminish a person's ability to take personal accountability for their daily actions...

ETA: Additionally, does your campaign slogan offer some insight into the party-stance on such ordinances that would seek to police such personal accountability?
edit on 18-6-2012 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by SoymilkAlaska

hmm, i think i kinda pretty much agree so far.

im not joining any teams, because every team i think about joining ends up changing one little thing and then i decide to not like them

i am my own team ^_^

but your team looks PRETTY cool right now. (unless it changes)

It's ok, you'll join mine soon, I remember it from my time-jump

huh?
please explain ^_^

It's a little complicated...
basically, I borrowed beezer's time machine, jumped ahead in time, saw the election results, then came back, so I already know what's going to happen, but I'm watching now for the fun of it!

It's explained in more detail here...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

o_O ?? who wins the election? and how much worse do they make the country after they are elected?
edit on 18-6-2012 by SoymilkAlaska because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by chr0naut
reply to post by nenothtu

Splitter!

You can't just leave the Old Curmudgeon Party and start a new one.

You seem to have totally ignored those who established Curmudgeonliness and think that your generation invented everything.

Next you'll be patenting the Rant and Nonsensical Rambling.

Nononononono! I'm not starting a new one, I'm running on behalf of the .... OLD.... one! Rest assured that under my administration, curmudgeons everywhere will be looked after.

As if they NEED THAT!

I don't deal with patents, and copyrights and such - I believe all knowledge is free for everyone, and that Curmudgeons have just lived long enough to gather more than their fair share, without taking knowledge away from anyone else. As evidence of my stance on copyright, I direct you to the link in my signature, where you can download a book I threw together for free, no charge.

I put my mouth where my money is - which makes me really glad that I don't carry my money in a wallet in my hip pocket!

If "knowledge is power", then it belongs to everyone - Power to the People!

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by satron
How about we stick to real politics?

I'll see you at the voting booth - I'll be the old guy whacking kids with his cane!

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   

o_O ?? who wins the election? and how much worse do they make the country after they are elected?
edit on 18-6-2012 by SoymilkAlaska because: (no reason given)

I win by a landslide and we all have a great big party, finally solve all the world's problems and everybody finally finds personal happiness. It's pretty cool, but... ya gotta wait till after the election to experience it.

I've done been there with the time machine and all, and it's pretty darn awesome!!

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sinny
LIBERTARIAN PARTY OF COMMON SENSE.

Meets you with:

Who the frig wants a leader that thinks "I don't care, I don't care.... I don't care!... Oh... And, I forgot to mention, I don't care!"

So you've already one foot in the grave

maybe, but the alternative is "I plan on getting all up in YO' business!" Who really wants THAT?

I'd like to let it been known here that the L*P*C*S policy on gay rights, make them complete equals to homosexual couples. This is within government and law. Churches and religious organisations, however, can set their own positions on the issue. I think it would be healthy for gay and straight people, to question their own religious lifes, hopefully their religion does openly accept them, if not, its a learning curve
(I'm athiest, and proud!)

Aside from the fact that "gays" already ARE "complete equals to homosexuals", The Curmudgeon platform does the same - when you remove government licensing and the attached perks from a protected class, it has the net effect of instantly making everyone equal, since the protected class is no longer protected, or enjoying any advantage over the unprotected classes.

About your atheism - "I don't care". religion has no place at all in politics.

Next, you go on to state "you don't care* about abortion. Yet some how when you decribe it, you sound like the thought apalls you
you talk like this; "if she choices to *kill* her *offspring*... If a guy murders his pregnant wife, its not murder for the child" ...

Of course it apalls me personally, but I am absolutely unwilling to make that choice for YOU - that's your own business, not mine. I've never been big on killing babies, whatever their state of development, but it brings me no end of amusement that there are those who support abortion and decry dead babies in war time. As I said above, it's just a matter of timing.

Killing is killing, but it never fails to shock me when a parent kills their own.

Its almost like you view the female as a wild animal? As for the guy murdering comment, what's that? Childish tit for tat? If she can do this, then he can do that! Not very clear thinking now really is it?

As far as the guy offing his pregnant wife, charging him with TWO murders in the same jurisdiction where that wife could have killed the baby with impunity is NOT "equal representation under the law". I'm all about equality under the law in both that case and the case of gay marriage.

No, the female is no more a "wild animal" than the male is, which means she doesn't get a pass for killing if he doesn't. It's really simple - NO protected classes under the law! It's as unfair to say "ah, she can kill - it's ok, she's just an emotional woman!" That places her somewhere LESS than the man.

Drugs!... Oh yea, you don't care! Well, my party think all drugs should be *fairly re-assesed* to see what danger they pose to the public, and re organised and legalised appropriatly.

My party says your party are nutty control freaks, thinking that they have some sort of deity-driven mandate to decide what's "good" for some third party, picking this drug and saying "that's ok for you" and that one saying "but we ain't gonna allow you THAT one!" The Curmudgeon party platform says that the individual can decide for his or her self just what they want to eat, drink, sniff, or smoke. Darwin will take care of the losers in that deal, and the human race as a whole will smarten up over time as negatives remove themselves from the gene pool by making poor decisions.

Ill keep it brief due to TnCs, but opium should *not* be on the streets! But weed *should* be in your bedroom

Who are you to make that arbitrary decision for some third party?

Arr some mentioned the death penalty? It should be illegal.
Dont get me wrong, I often want some people dead lol. But on a moral ground we all *know* *deep down*, its not something we should practice.

It's hard to argue that, once the death penalty is meted out, that miscreant will ever do whatever brought it on again.

Life inprisonment, however, imagine those people, who *hurt* children, and some of the other worst kinds of people you can imagine, suffering... For *life*. The prison gaurds could turn a blind eye to the treatment, some of those skum get. (Reserved for bad people only!) Death is far to quick for some.

Cruel and unusual punishment, not to mention it allows for escapes and the like, unleashing them on the kids yet AGAIN!

And then you briefly skim over foreign policy, like its not something that requires much thought! Ha!

It can be easily summed up - be nice, unless they don't want to be nice, then be as nasty as humanly possible.

Vote Sinny!

Not on a bet, now that I see what you're all about!

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Someone please link this to the main election thread? My phone won't let me

I linked to a post in it in the OP, but another link every dozen pages or so won't hurt - that thread seems to be off and running!

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by v1rtu0s0

Originally posted by Domo1

I always knew you were a crotchety old man.

That's not something I've ever really hidden from ATS!

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   

hmm, i think i kinda pretty much agree so far.

im not joining any teams, because every team i think about joining ends up changing one little thing and then i decide to not like them

i am my own team ^_^

but your team looks PRETTY cool right now. (unless it changes)

That's the whole gist of the Curmudgeon Party - Individualism, making your own decisions,being your own person, a Team of One. In the OP, "Party of One" was one of the choices presented for the name of the Party.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by cavtrooper7
Quit bothering me,I'm refusing candidacy.

I'm not going to walk across YOUR lawn, either!

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   

That's actually part of the deja-vu I warned everybody of because of the alternate universes converging from my time-jump where I saw I already won the election

Not to rain on your parade, but the key there is ALTERNATE universes - are you sure you're in the right timeline?

REAL sure?

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   

reply to post by PurpleChiten

That's one trippy theory! I want what you got! Lol

Your party would ban it - it's worse than opium! You'd ban it "for our own good".

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kangaruex4Ewe
If I ask you to clarify what "sexual relations" are, can you define it for me in less than 9,652 words?

That's your own business. It's not up to me to define what YOU think "sexual relations" to be. Whatever you decide, just keep it the hell off of my lawn!

Are you open to bribes? If so... how do you feel about Nutter Butters?

No. If I wanted to be rich, I would have been by now.

I am a swing voter thus far and I could go either way.

Again, your sexual relations are your OWN business, not mine!

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Death threats already?!!?!

.... I must really be ahead in the polls!!!!

Not you - I don't eat any meat after it has turned green... OR purple!

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi
How would this party approach such considerations as: helmet laws and seat belt laws and jaywalking and/or every other ordinance that (by implication) seems to diminish a person's ability to take personal accountability for their daily actions...

Personal choice. Whether you wear a helmet or a seat belt is your own decision, and it is ultimately yourself who will live (or not) with the consequences of your own decisions. It's not up to the rest of us to decide what is good for the individual. "laws" should be formulated to protect others from your decisions - what you do or don't do for yourself is up to you!

I.E. "If it's not hurting someone else, do what you will".

ETA: Additionally, does your campaign slogan offer some insight into the party-stance on such ordinances that would seek to police such personal accountability?

Yes. If they are short of breath or have a game leg, pissing off a curmudgeon is a bad personal choice. Whether or not they wear a helmet or seat belt in that run is entirely up to them.

But in the end it won't matter a bit.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu

That's actually part of the deja-vu I warned everybody of because of the alternate universes converging from my time-jump where I saw I already won the election

Not to rain on your parade, but the key there is ALTERNATE universes - are you sure you're in the right timeline?

REAL sure?

Well of course I am, I'm the one in control of the time machine!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join