Announcing the formation of the ATS Curmudgeon Party (Provisional)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by v1rtu0s0

I thought that was a pic of beezer

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by PurpleChiten

Haha, for some reason, I knew you would do it

Thanking you, are there any other election threads?

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sinny

Thanking you, are there any other election threads?

Yeah, there's a few.... ones started for individual party platforms.... more are popping up all the time! LOL

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   

1) gay Marriage - I don't care, but it ought to be equalized. I don't think the government should be in the business of saying who CAN and who CAN'T be married, either way. I don't think the government has any business at all either authorizing some or denying others. Marriage licenses should not be a matter of government issue or interference at all. At the same time, I don't think government should be conferring any benefits on the married simply by virtue of marriage. That is discriminatory against the unmarried and marriage-challenged.

2) Abortion - I don't care, but it should be equalized. If a woman takes it upon herself to kill off her offspring, then it's none of my business. Her contribution to the gene pool is obviously flawed anyhow. It's not a good survival strategy for a species to eat their own young unless those young are somehow flawed. At the same time, it takes two parents to create a child, and so the father should have some say in their disposal as well as the mother. If he's not given that say, and she kills them off any way, I support his right to cancel HER birth certificate, assuming that the initial conception was in compliance with applicable law to begin with.

As a corollary to the equalization, if some psycho kills off his pregnant wife, it should not be legal to charge him with murder in the case of the child unless the woman in question would have been charged for murder in the course of obtaining an abortion of the same child.

3) Drug legalization - I don't care. It's none of my business how someone else chooses to destroy their own world. This stance applies across the board, for ALL illicit substances, not just fluffy green ones. The only caveat is that in such cases, they should not be allowed to drag children down with them. If they insist on riding to doom, the kids should be removed and re-homed with people who AREN'T trying to destroy their own private world. Otherwise, eat, drink, smoke and sniff what you want. it's none of my business.

4) Stay the hell off of my lawn.

5) Economy - needs a re-boot, without centralization. Barter needs to be reinitialized as well, as a parallel system in case of the primary failure of the monetary system. Money to be backed by precious metals and jewels and the like, durable items of value, rather than thin air and ill wishes.

6) Foreign Policy - stay the hell out of other countries' business. Be friends, until they start trying to borrow money, or kill you, or in the more entertaining cases, both.

7) Military expenditures - I believe in a strong military. I am also a "hands-on" kind of guy, and so I am perfectly willing to fold the paper airplanes for the ATS Air Force (remember that Godzilla picture!) with my own hands.

This is a start, and not intended to be all-inclusive. It will build as it rolls downhill, like a snowball.

hmm, i think i kinda pretty much agree so far.

im not joining any teams, because every team i think about joining ends up changing one little thing and then i decide to not like them

i am my own team ^_^

but your team looks PRETTY cool right now. (unless it changes)

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Quit bothering me,I'm refusing candidacy.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by SoymilkAlaska

im not joining any teams, because every team i think about joining ends up changing one little thing and then i decide to not like them

i am my own team ^_^

It's ok, you'll join mine soon, I remember it from my time-jump

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinny

I am also the (unofficial official) ATS News political correspondent and currently conducting exclusive one on one interviews with ATS Regent Political Candidates.

Thread forthcoming soon for official unofficial campaign news....

Please candidates, check your inboxes regularly for soon to be coming to you interview questions!

ATS News, political desk, thanks all candidates for committing their time to interview with ATS News!

B Waters, ATS News Political Correspondent

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleChiten

i am my own team ^_^

huh?
please explain ^_^

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   

That's actually part of the deja-vu I warned everybody of because of the alternate universes converging from my time-jump where I saw I already won the election

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   

i am my own team ^_^

huh?
please explain ^_^

It's a little complicated...
basically, I borrowed beezer's time machine, jumped ahead in time, saw the election results, then came back, so I already know what's going to happen, but I'm watching now for the fun of it!

It's explained in more detail here...

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   

That's one trippy theory! I want what you got! Lol

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   

That's one trippy theory! I want what you got! Lol

You do become secretary of the treasury later on.... and do a darn good job at it too!

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Ouuuuu... Secutary of TREASUREy !
boing boing!

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   
If I ask you to clarify what "sexual relations" are, can you define it for me in less than 9,652 words?

Are you open to bribes? If so... how do you feel about Nutter Butters?

I am a swing voter thus far and I could go either way.

edit on 6/18/2012 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by LightSpeedDriver
reply to post by nenothtu

I'm in! Airco you say? I don't have that at home so that is a great incentive for me and my vote is yours. I guess I wasn't taking into account the local conditions of places like ...Nevada in the summer.
Thank you!

Not so arid as Nevada - I've got lots of greenery and giant bugs to chase!

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by nenothtu

It's got my thumbs up, Here---->

P.S.

Love this pic of you on Facebook. Oh, wait, can I post references to Facebook here? Looks around cautiously

Now I know how the big kids feel when they're running towards DC - It all always comes out, doesn't it? That was taken during a moment of weakness. I was on a beer run.... er, I mean "I was going out to acquire more alarm equipment to augment my security system"...

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by mee30

Hmmm interesting how the child has ZERO rights in this situation. So could you kill a child as soon as it was born? Would that be acceptable?

It's all a matter of timing, isn't it? Remember, this is a world-wide campaign. It's hard to come up with planks for the platform that are that all encompassing, but some cultures allow "exposure" of an infant after birth as an alternative to unobtainable abortions - we even had a spate of trouble with that in the US. Teenage mother, baby, dumpster. that sort of thing.

Now, in all honesty, if you can bear to off one while it's still on life support, what is the real difference when it's off life support, but still helpless? Killing is killing. If you've no justification for killing, it has another name, and if you DO have justification, what does the timing matter?

Hmmm So how exactly would you determine what dragging children down with them is? Or what riding to doom is? Again nothing about the CHILDS OPINION here, guess they have no rights or thoughts feelings in your world? Much like the one we have now really.

Nope. Nothing at all about the child's opinion. They are CHILDREN. If they could make their own decisions, they wouldn't need a parent any how.

I'm very happy for you that you don't know what "riding to doom" looks like. It bespeaks a sheltered existence I am somewhat envious of!

I've not had that luxury,

So NO thanks.

That's cool - you have to vote your conscience, and I can't fault you for that!

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   

How do you feel about retroactive abortions? Would it be acceptable at say....month 480 (40 years)? Or is that past the cut-off point?

I'm pretty sure my pap could have still taken me out when I was 37 or so, and 40 isn't that far from it. It's not unheard of. I'm presuming here that by "abortion" we are talking about a parental decision to end a child. If it's for for anyone's grabs to do so, then that sort of birth certificate cancellation happens every day, and is dealt with on a case by case basis.

Now, speaking from personal experience, there have been times when I wondered if the world might not be better off without some teenagers, but in general, I would think that parental decisions in such matters would properly end when parental responsibility for the child does - say, around the Age of Majority, whatever that might be locally wherever you are in the world.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Netties Hermit

Favourties for me so far are yourself (cause you're awesome), daaskapital (just cause he's an Aussie) and IpsissimusMagus (cause he's tenacious and posts Cartman clips.)

Just remember I can be bribed with a bucket of chicken Still impartial at this point.

I'm tempted to vote for IpsissimusMagus myself, due to his tenacity and sheer cussedness! ;lol: I think he has a place in the Curmudgeon Party, if he ever leaves his own!

As far as the chicken goes, I hear it's bad for you, but thankfully, the Curmudgeon Party platform doesn't allow ME to decide what is and isn't good for YOU!

Would home-raised and fried chicken be a potential game-changer? It's, ummm... organic, you know, and may even be better for you!

edit on 2012/6/18 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by kosmicjack
I was right there with you until the military aspect of your platform. Dang, I'm almost a curmudgeon!
I'm totally shocked. WTH!?

Any Civic initiatives or declarations? You know, something to push me one way or the other...

Civic... civic... Would local upkeep of roads, say, by the people who live on them, sway you? That's the way it used to be done. Of course, that was before hardtop roads and cars... there may be a few snags to be worked out...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join